Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Collapse
X
Collapse

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
4012 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

    Originally posted by fnln510 View Post
    How do you know that BR hasn't already done this as a part of the exiting plans? When it is possible for a builder to build 1.4L sq ft. why would he construct only 1L now and leave .4 L for later ? If I were the builder I would get the max possible FSI upfront and design my township layout based on that. Besides, the golf course is now surrounded on all sides by 25-30 story towers. No one would be willing to live in the middle of that...it would never sell....thats the reason why the Paranpe's original plan had bungalows in the center of the towers which they subsequently converted to a golf course. They must have also realized that no one in their right mind would live in a bungalow surrounded by 30 story towers.
    >> thats the reason why the Paranpe's original plan had bungalows in the center of the towers which they subsequently converted to a golf course.

    aah okay.. i was under the impression that golf course was an "amenity" right from the beginning.

    In any case, I have seen builders build more floors over the existing building, even after exterior painting is done (but maybe possession not given and water tank not operational). Example is Alcove project at PS.

    Comment


    • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

      Originally posted by fnln510 View Post
      How do you know that BR hasn't already done this as a part of the exiting plans? When it is possible for a builder to build 1.4L sq ft. why would he construct only 1L now and leave .4 L for later ? If I were the builder I would get the max possible FSI upfront and design my township layout based on that.
      exactly my point...BR has already utilised all FSI ...this change doesnt make any difference..

      Comment


      • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

        Originally posted by Baruch View Post
        exactly my point...BR has already utilised all FSI ...this change doesnt make any difference..
        I think, this change gives 10 acres more to BR to build up (if total land area is 100 acres).

        Say for example, 100 acre is available.

        Earlier 20% of land was reserved for open spaces. The rest 80 acres was for using FSI (+ TDR if any).
        Now, 10% more land is available for building. So builder can build on 10 acres as per FSI and keep only 10 acres as empty. this is how I see it. Not sure how it is calculated under STA act.

        I am not sure whether golf course counts as public areas like parks. So nothing may come up at golf course. If it counts as public space, it may see some building on 10 acres piece.

        Originally posted by fnln510
        How do you know that BR hasn't already done this as a part of the exiting plans? When it is possible for a builder to build 1.4L sq ft. why would he construct only 1L now and leave .4 L for later ?
        Note that FSI available is 1. He can buy TDR and build up to 1.4. "Buy TDR" is the keyword here. And it isnt cheap. Builder hasnt got 1.4 up front, he has to buy that extra 0.4. He is not leaving out 0.4 for later, he is planning that he might get that 0.4 later. I guess nobody buys TDR first and then starts construction. They generally start construction first and when they get TDR, they reduce the open spaces.

        I also do not think they removed the bungalows for providing golf course + open space... they just built more floors and got the money from there. And kept within the FSI allocated to them.
        Last edited by Sat234; May 30 2014, 04:09 PM.

        Comment


        • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

          Data points from staying ar BR on rent:

          1. Cost of house-help/maids is 50% more than other places I lived at. And those places were hig-priced societies too.
          2. Finding things nearby, that we generally take for granted, can be a challenge. I was looking for brown paper to cover my kid's school books. I went to 6 general/variety stores and 2 stationary stores around the hinjewadi chowk surroundings. None had it. They said they will keep after few days before school reopens. I have never faced this challenge before.
          3. Reconfirmed that trying to go out with yout family in a car during 6 pm to 8:30 pm is sheer stupidity. The traffic makes it impossible. If you want to have a heart-attack or some such attack, try and have it outside this time. The ambulace may not be of much help.
          4. The guards are very helpful. Better than most I have seen in India.
          5. Severe dust issues for Towers 8-14 that face the new IT office construction. Absolutely fed up with it. The only respite was day before when it rained.

          Comment


          • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

            Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post
            Data points from staying ar BR on rent:

            1. Cost of house-help/maids is 50% more than other places I lived at. And those places were hig-priced societies too.
            2. Finding things nearby, that we generally take for granted, can be a challenge. I was looking for brown paper to cover my kid's school books. I went to 6 general/variety stores and 2 stationary stores around the hinjewadi chowk surroundings. None had it. They said they will keep after few days before school reopens. I have never faced this challenge before.
            3. Reconfirmed that trying to go out with yout family in a car during 6 pm to 8:30 pm is sheer stupidity. The traffic makes it impossible. If you want to have a heart-attack or some such attack, try and have it outside this time. The ambulace may not be of much help.
            4. The guards are very helpful. Better than most I have seen in India.
            5. Severe dust issues for Towers 8-14 that face the new IT office construction. Absolutely fed up with it. The only respite was day before when it rained.
            1 - hinjewadi is costlier than many other parts. The reason being the impression that every IT guy has a bagful of "daallarraan". Even a pint of beer at any half decent mosquito riddled garden restaurants that are aplenty in hinjewadi is costlier than in a similar place elsewhere.

            2 - more likely to improve over time.

            3 - No scope for any improvement in near future. Needs flyovers and wider roads.

            4 - thats good.

            5 - more likely to improve over time. how long will construction continue at BR. I mean, if it takes five more years to finish all construction, then this problem will be there for five more years.

            Comment


            • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

              BR in simple terms is a costly but well organised project-Township,but outside the four walls of the town,there is lot to be desired.
              Now it depends on how much time you spend inside the township and outside.
              It becomes highly individual choice.

              Comment


              • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                Originally posted by brres13 View Post
                I agree there are people who want to live in areas where everything is available
                close by .. including your fav. Amul ice-cream

                But then the neighbourhood more often than not gets soo crowded that they end up
                driving 4 kms everyday to get to some park for a walk.
                Many people drive everyday just to get to a gym or a park.

                I would happily drive to Dmart or any place 4kms or more occasionally rather than live
                in an over crowded area and face the music (honking) daily.
                BR is good for people who are aligned to your way of thinking. For others, BR is a huge headache. In general, anybody who cannot ride bike/drive car will find it a huge headache as their independence is severely affected.

                When my parents used to visit us at my previous places, they went out independently and did whatever they wanted to do without having to depend on me.
                At BR, they have to wait for me to come home if they need anything.
                Last edited by sudhashbahu; May 30 2014, 05:11 PM.

                Comment


                • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                  Originally posted by Sat234 View Post
                  I think, this change gives 10 acres more to BR to build up (if total land area is 100 acres).

                  Say for example, 100 acre is available.

                  Earlier 20% of land was reserved for open spaces. The rest 80 acres was for using FSI (+ TDR if any).
                  Now, 10% more land is available for building. So builder can build on 10 acres as per FSI and keep only 10 acres as empty. this is how I see it. Not sure how it is calculated under STA act.

                  I am not sure whether golf course counts as public areas like parks. So nothing may come up at golf course. If it counts as public space, it may see some building on 10 acres piece.



                  Note that FSI available is 1. He can buy TDR and build up to 1.4. "Buy TDR" is the keyword here. And it isnt cheap. Builder hasnt got 1.4 up front, he has to buy that extra 0.4. He is not leaving out 0.4 for later, he is planning that he might get that 0.4 later. I guess nobody buys TDR first and then starts construction. They generally start construction first and when they get TDR, they reduce the open spaces.

                  I also do not think they removed the bungalows for providing golf course + open space... they just built more floors and got the money from there. And kept within the FSI allocated to them.
                  Are we assuming that the new rules are retroactive ? Or we know that for the fact ?

                  If rules are are in fact applicable to BR, you and replacer are suggesting that........BR can come back and redevelop ( now just now but anytime in future ) and reduce the existing open spaces.....i.e. Golf Course.
                  Is that right ?

                  Comment


                  • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                    The drinking water has a slight taste that I find unpalatable even after using Aquagaurd. Need advice from folks staying at BR on how they treat drinking water and if anyone has suceeded in getting rid of the taste.

                    I initially thought that the taste may be a figment of my imagination so I got a can of Bisleri yesterday and found the taste between the two striking.

                    Comment


                    • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                      Originally posted by Superduper View Post
                      Are we assuming that the new rules are retroactive ? Or we know that for the fact ?

                      If rules are are in fact applicable to BR, you and replacer are suggesting that........BR can come back and redevelop ( now just now but anytime in future ) and reduce the existing open spaces.....i.e. Golf Course.
                      Is that right ?
                      No I do not know for sure that the rules are retrospective.

                      Who is replacer ?

                      Logically, if I own the land and I am the "Special Township Authority" (i.e. God of the township), then probably yes (if the approvals are given). IIRC, even townships under the Special Township Act have to get the plans approved (which shouldnt be that difficult).

                      I have heard that there have been builders who have reduced size of amenities (does your agreement mention the size of the swimming pool or garden?) or knocked them out , and built another building in place of the promised amenities/garden. One - "heard" about costa rica wakad. He did not remove amenities but he shifted the placements. So your garden facing flat isnt garden facing anymore. Two - Pride purple for sure had moved amenities. Three - "heard" that sanskriti wakad built another building in place of amenities.

                      I am not implying that it will happen in BR. I am saying that it may happen.
                      Last edited by Sat234; June 1 2014, 03:24 AM.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X