Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
4012 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post
    The drinking water has a slight taste that I find unpalatable even after using Aquagaurd. Need advice from folks staying at BR on how they treat drinking water and if anyone has suceeded in getting rid of the taste.

I initially thought that the taste may be a figment of my imagination so I got a can of Bisleri yesterday and found the taste between the two striking.
    I would suggest an RO purifier .. or continue those 15L bisleri cans. Aquaguard kills the germs if any and filters out the particles but it cannot remove dissolved salts.

Do not use the water for drinking if you find the taste strange. I think this is because they have their own captive water treatment plant, and it might not be removing some salts etc. Fine to use it for bathing etc though.

Off topic - how effective are the water filters available in the market?

Comment

Yesterday I was out with my kids and found something that I had not realized earlier: There is absolutely ZERO green area for BR residents.

Consider:
      - The golf course is green, but only to see. The area is not for general use by residents. You cant go there for a walk or take kids there for cycling.
      - There is a small patch of green by the river near the boating area. But this is outside the gated community. Theoretically, anyone working at the SEZ can come here and crowd out the residents. + the area is small for the size of township. + I think this is a commercial area that is attached to the boating facility
      - Within the gated community I did not find anything green for children to play on.

If you need to take a walk, you need to do it on the approach road from the gates to the towers.

If you want to teach your kids to ride a cycle, or your kids want to ride the cycle, there is no safe/general play area to do so. Only space available is the approach road from gate to towers within the society.

Every day I stay here, I grow more surprised at what justifies the sky-high prices. Even junk complexes by sidey builders offer exclusive green areas for use by residents, however small they may be.

Comment

Every day I stay here, I grow more surprised at what justifies the sky-high prices. Even junk complexes by sidey builders offer exclusive green areas for use by residents, however small they may be.
        Everytime I read you, I grow more surprised at why do you still live there in spite of so many difficulties you face...you are not an owner and have complete luxury to leave at will rather than living such a miserable life full of problems due to BR

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
          Everytime I read you, I grow more surprised at why do you still live there in spite of so many difficulties you face...you are not an owner and have complete luxury to leave at will rather than living such a miserable life full of problems due to BR
          I have already indicated earlier that the sole reason to shift to BR was to be close to the BR school.

Pune is the Mecca of rash drivers. I have seen school bus drivers driving rashly and the bus maushi's busy talking on cell phones than paying attention to kids. The rape of a girl in the school bus recently was the final trigger. (Note: Different school was involved, not BR school)

By moving to BR I have eliminated the school bus and now neither me nor my wife have to spend 5 days a week worrying about the kid's safety on the school bus.

Comment

And to add to the previous post ... I am not sure why you have drawn the conclusion that I find life in BR "miserable".

I have stated facts as I found them.

I find that the value offered by BR do not justify the high-prices at BR, but that does not necessarily mean life is miserable.

Read my posts, understand the matter and don't jump to conclusions.

Comment

Yesterday I was out with my kids and found something that I had not realized earlier: There is absolutely ZERO green area for BR residents.

Consider:
              - The golf course is green, but only to see. The area is not for general use by residents. You cant go there for a walk or take kids there for cycling.

If you need to take a walk, you need to do it on the approach road from the gates to the towers.

Each and every person who books a flat at BR would justify the prices as per his own funda's

Some of the points i can think of our..

1) The travel thingie.. where people would pay more (if they can afford it) and cut down on travel time.

2) The perceived lifestyle change.. i.e people who normally wouldnt think of taking membership in a high end club, now feel they can get some of the things offered by clubs for themselves and their kids..

3) For the Mumbaikars who want to invest / shift this discussion is not even applicable..
              cuz the existing rates in crap projects in Mumbai with no pool or even play area is well over 10000 / sqft
              You pay that amount even if there is no parking given to you.

4) The reputation of a builder, the discussion here is not if the higher rates by reputed builders are baseless or not..
              even builders like Hiranandani charge well over any existing area rates.. and we may grumble but people go ahead and buy those properties anyways..

The majority of people who would find it very hard to digest these rates are those from PUNE who have a certain mindset.. and it is not something new.
              for eg. For many people from Mumbai, No matter how well Virar develops, there is a huge mental block.. and many would say.. Arey who in their right mind would think of spending that much over there..
              same goes for Hardcore Pune residents and Hinjewadi..

Comment

And to add to the previous post ... I am not sure why you have drawn the conclusion that I find life in BR "miserable".

I have stated facts as I found them.

I find that the value offered by BR do not justify the high-prices at BR, but that does not necessarily mean life is miserable.

Read my posts, understand the matter and don't jump to conclusions.
                So you finally mentioned the few of the reasons why from 1000s of options available in Pune, you chose to stay at BR

Many more think like you ....and have money and long term of thinking to make BR a permanent solution to their needs....they also know that no solution will be perfect and surely not when it's under development

Also no matter how much we rue about unjustified prices...ultimately builder can't charge more than what people are willing to pay....go and try to book a flat in new towers and you will realise how less option are available ...there must be sth about project that it was able to increase prices and still sell even in ongoing slump

When you will visit few projects in Baner, Wakad or Balewadi with a intent to buy...you will suddenly realise the relative value of BR
                Last edited by Baruch; June 2 2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Consider:
                  - There is a small patch of green by the river near the boating area. But this is outside the gated community. Theoretically, anyone working at the SEZ can come here and crowd out the residents. + the area is small for the size of township. + I think this is a commercial area that is attached to the boating facility
                  - Within the gated community I did not find anything green for children to play on.

If you want to teach your kids to ride a cycle, or your kids want to ride the cycle, there is no safe/general play area to do so. Only space available is the approach road from gate to towers within the society.

Are you saying that of all the facilities in the campus that are mentioned such as Badminton Courts, Golf, Basketball Courts etc, none of the facilities are easily accessible to residents and that all the facilities can also be accessed by SEZ employees?

Comment

Originally posted by msherbet55 View Post
                    Are you saying that of all the facilities in the campus that are mentioned such as Badminton Courts, Golf, Basketball Courts etc, none of the facilities are easily accessible to residents and that all the facilities can also be accessed by SEZ employees?
                    What gave you that impression? Read message carefully. The comment was to highlight the fact that there is no "Green" area within the gated community for residents to enjoy.

For your benefit:

- Golf Course is outside gated community, accessible to anyone paying the fees. Not free for residents. You cant go for a walk there
                    - Boating+Green is outside gated community, accessible to anyone.
                    - Badminton/Basketball etc courts are within gated community for exclusive use by residents. However they are laid on concrete. Not "Green".

Comment

What gave you that impression? Read message carefully. The comment was to highlight the fact that there is no "Green" area within the gated community for residents to enjoy.

For your benefit:

- Golf Course is outside gated community, accessible to anyone paying the fees. Not free for residents. You cant go for a walk there
                      - Boating+Green is outside gated community, accessible to anyone
                      - Badminton/Basketball etc courts are within gated community for exclusive use by residents. However they are laid on concrete. Not "Green".
                      For your benefit:

- Golf Course is outside gated community, accessible to anyone paying the fees. Not free for residents. You cant go for a walk there - perfect...thats the way it is everywhere and thats the way it should be

- Boating+Green is outside gated community, accessible to anyone - not true...only BR residents plus club members can access it
                      - Badminton/Basketball etc courts are within gated community for exclusive use by residents. However they are laid on concrete. Not "Green" - ok

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X