Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It will be minimum 3 years after last flat has been occupied, for Blue Ridge to really realize its worth.
    I think its going to positively surpass anyone's wildest dreams.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    It will be minimum 3 years after last flat has been occupied, for Blue Ridge to really realize its worth.
    I think its going to positively surpass anyone's wildest dreams.

Yes. Once (and if :) ) the bridge to Balewadi is done it will really bring BR closer to Baner and the city.

It has taken a long for BR to get build but its shaping up very well. Really like the concrete walls as opposed to the traditional brick walls and the fact that the towers are 25 levels high. Looks impressive.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    Ok, so you are getting 40k for a fully furnished 3 bhk. Each bedroom has a split AC, plus split AC for hall? This is minimum expectation of a corporate lease because it will be occupied by senior management who are used to living in 4 star, 5 star properties.
    Also, there will be full use of TV, fridge, microwave, electric water geyser.
    You are looking at electricity bill of 8k per month, my friend. About gas, are you getting cylinder meant for home use or commercial use. Home use cylinders cannot be used in service apartment. It is highly illegal, plus Bharat Gas officials are very prompt about raiding due to misuse of cooking gas cylinders becoming a political issue. The cook will go thru at least 2 cylinders per month.
    So if you have to revert to commercial cylinder, it is approx 1.5k per cylinder, which is 3k per month.
    Add to this depreciation of furnishing. Suppose you have invested 3 lakhs in furnishing, this will have to be replaced in 5 years, due to rough use. So depreciation will cost you 5k per month.

So out of 40k, you are spending about 16k per month on the upkeep of the place, so the rent you are getting is only 24k for all this hassle.

Actually, if I were in your place, I would not pay for electricity or cooking gas at all. This should be borne by the service apartment provider company.

After reading this post one can imagine senior IT manager as a monster who eats up a ton of a food, takes hot bath for hours and sleeps in arctic like temperatures and watches Sas-Bahu serials on TV 10 hours a day.

However, here is a profile of senior IT managers that I have met:
    1. Eats cornflakes, Idlee or an omelette for breakfast, 2 chapatis and dal for lunch, khichadi or curd rice for dinner. And if they are staying alone in serviced apartments, they will most probably eat their breakfast and lunch in the office.

2. Reads news on internet and watches TV for 10 minutes a day.

3. Barely has time for a quick bath and shave as they are always rushing to office

4. Sleeps after applying Amrutanjan on his forehead and reading a book. In warmer conditions.
    ----------------------------

3 BHK houses will be used for keeping new employees of the company who may or may not cook elaborate meals, will be too preoccupied with their new job and searching accomodation in the new city to be taking long showers.

40K is a good rent and thats a market rate. Getting such tenants is a very good thing.
    CommentQuote
  • Hmm, so even after playing devils advocate, it seems flats in BR do make sense to lease out as service apartments.

I love this project from an architectural and location point of view. The view from 20th floor onwards is breathtaking.

Just that I cant verify the rent of 40k you are talking about, since this is an anonymous forum. My experience was that of seeing a 3bhk unfurnished in Blue Ridge on rent for family for 16k.

A question for ssbork: are you leasing to a service company who in turn contacts corporates, or are you directly leasing to corporates? If a service company, do you mind sharing their contact nos via PM, so I can talk to them?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79

Any emergency hospitalization during peak hours would be nightmare and no guarantee patient will survive till ambulance reach to project and then back to hospital.(I guess project should have ambulance on stand by)

BR, MP, LR are all big integrated townships. None of them have proposed hospital?

Few other integrated townships in Pune do have proposed hospitals - Lake District in Kondhwa Annexe (Sahyadri Hospital) , Amanora Hospital in Hadapsar ... only time will tell when hospitals eventually come up.
    CommentQuote
  • BR will have a "clinic".
    I imagine it to be something basic.
    Like Malam-Patta place.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    Hmm, so even after playing devils advocate, it seems flats in BR do make sense to lease out as service apartments.

I love this project from an architectural and location point of view. The view from 20th floor onwards is breathtaking.

Just that I cant verify the rent of 40k you are talking about, since this is an anonymous forum. My experience was that of seeing a 3bhk unfurnished in Blue Ridge on rent for family for 16k

here is my first hand experience; rented totally unfurnished flat for 20k and had an option of furnishing and renting out for 30k. The company to which I hv rented out will furnish and run like corporate guest house for an MNC.... But that wud be a full service guest house and final rent of 100k wud not surprise me..

Question is that how much a 3bhk flat worth in BR?

A true tenant of BR is working for IT company, newly married can not afford to pay more than 15-20k of rent. That creates a market of 16k rent/month as my friend mentioned above.. However, we are not keeping transferring corporate executives, who pay 5-10k per day per room in place like hinjewadi. So that would pull rent up rent for a serviced place to 100-150k and 50k for a bare shell wud be a reality pretty soon... The advantage with BR is that it is pretty close to all phase 1 companies and reachable to other phases and reasonably reachable to other parts of Pune and Mumbai over the weekend... So good mix for a corporate guest houses..

This is the reason, I would agree that this can not be compared with the Wakad story... Story track of BR wud be different...

I know that my friend realacres wud not agree
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mangopeople
    BR, MP, LR are all big integrated townships. None of them have proposed hospital?

Few other integrated townships in Pune do have proposed hospitals - Lake District in Kondhwa Annexe (Sahyadri Hospital) , Amanora Hospital in Hadapsar ... only time will tell when hospitals eventually come up.

BR don't have hospital even proposed. Nearest good one is Aditya birla which is at least 6 km. Not sure whether this project would have standby ambulance.

MP also do not have hospital but I guess ambulance would be on stand by. However I don't think stand by ambulance will help since you will need doctor on it to do first aid. No doctor would like to waste his career by getting employed on ambulance with no hospital experience only fresher may take that role. :D

LR has hospital but proposed in second phase i.e. after developing first phase of 150 acre. Second phase is on 300 acre I guess. So one can imagine when hospital can be made available as thier first phase itself will take 5-7 years for sure if everything goes well. Look at BR it was started in 2007 and now it is 5 years still no social/residential infra around.

Anytime Magarpatta, Amanora are better townships than all above mentioned. They will enjoy good social and modern infrastructure around them always while being closed to main city.

For hospital to be commercially viable it will require certain amount of population around it which will use its facilities. So out of all proposed hospitals in above towship i think only amanora/nanded city can potentially deliver hospital very soon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Metro attracts more people to the city raising prices even more cause there are always cities which dont have a metro and businesses move to places where its easiest to do business. Hinjewadi is unique cause it has a very large It presence and the area around it has got some amazing projects which can keep people close to their work place.

There is very thin line now between a city and outskirt. Each outskirt area now has almost everything a city center has (shopping, schools, entertainment, etc)

On ground experience suggests something different. In fact the difference between city and outskirt is increasing day by day. These outskirt areas lacks basic necessities like water, drainage, roads but still pays higher taxes and maintenance for tanker service.

Even today in pune if you want choice in shopping and good stuff you will need to visit Peths (areas like laxmi rd). The areas like kothrud also don't get stuff like what we see in these areas forget about pimple saudagar, wakad, hinjewadi they will never get those things in near future. The only way for these areas is to have large shopping giants like walmart etc to come. They also look for population density and other factors which would make them difficult to open their branch in those areas. The different types of classes for dance, music, chess, cricket, oth sports, painting, art & craft, educational classes, etc are only concentrated in main city.

The only transportation issues for daily commuting to office compelling buyers to adjust and buy in such remote areas. This problem should resolve by mass transport like metro which will stop migrating to remote areas. The metro is being delayed in Pune for the benefit of builder lobby who will benefit by RE development in these areas.
    CommentQuote
    On ground experience suggests something different. In fact the difference between city and outskirt is increasing day by day. These outskirt areas lacks basic necessities like water, drainage, roads but still pays higher taxes and maintenance for tanker service.

Even today in pune if you want choice in shopping and good stuff you will need to visit Peths (areas like laxmi rd). The areas like kothrud also don't get stuff like what we see in these areas forget about pimple saudagar, wakad, hinjewadi they will never get those things in near future. The only way for these areas is to have large shopping giants like walmart etc to come. They also look for population density and other factors which would make them difficult to open their branch in those areas. The different types of classes for dance, music, chess, cricket, oth sports, painting, art & craft, educational classes, etc are only concentrated in main city.

The only transportation issues for daily commuting to office compelling buyers to adjust and buy in such remote areas. This problem should resolve by mass transport like metro which will stop migrating to remote areas. The metro is being delayed in Pune for the benefit of builder lobby who will benefit by RE development in these areas.

In fact "outskirts" have all the facilities. Areas like Aundh, Baner, salad, vim an nagar, warje have some of the best infra in Pune. The hearth of the city is cramped with narrow roads and century old buildings.

Dance, sports, cricket, painting, art and craft are all available in the areas I mentioned above. Supply follows demand. Townships like BR, MP, Kul, nanded, amanora etc are how things will go ahead.

Visit kothrud, Aundh, Viman nagar, waked and see the development. All the shops which have branches in city centre have opened branches here or new shops which provide the same service have opened up. I have lived close to the city centre and now live in Baner and in the last 8 yrs haven't feel the need to go to the Perth for daily stuff and entertainment and sports and arts.

Which part of the city u like is a personal choice but that dozens mean the outskirts of the city are not going to have amenities like the city - in some cases they will be better
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    In fact "outskirts" have all the facilities. Areas like Aundh, Baner, salad, vim an nagar, warje have some of the best infra in Pune. The hearth of the city is cramped with narrow roads and century old buildings.

Dance, sports, cricket, painting, art and craft are all available in the areas I mentioned above. Supply follows demand. Townships like BR, MP, Kul, nanded, amanora etc are how things will go ahead.

Visit kothrud, Aundh, Viman nagar, waked and see the development. All the shops which have branches in city centre have opened branches here or new shops which provide the same service have opened up. I have lived close to the city centre and now live in Baner and in the last 8 yrs haven't feel the need to go to the Perth for daily stuff and entertainment and sports and arts.

Which part of the city u like is a personal choice but that dozens mean the outskirts of the city are not going to have amenities like the city - in some cases they will be better

Difference in outskirt definition.

I don't consider Baner(till signet corner), Aundh, Warje, Pimple Saudagar as outskirt since they are well connected to city/oth developed areas and have developed in last 5 years. I don't know your definition.

For me outskirt is Wakad, Hinjewadi, Balewadi(both side of the highway), Baner(after signet corner and beyond highway), Bavdhan (opp side of highway), Pirangut road, NDA Road (after warje maalwadi), Sus Road (beyond pashankar auto) in Pune West.

As mentioned above outskirt areas lack all basic as well as social infra. Out of this Wakad may develop fast in next few years in terms of some social infra. Rest I'm bearish.

I don't agree with your highlighted statement regarding Wakad. Wakad is pathetic with nothing close to areas like Kothrud, Viman nagar etc in terms of social infra.

The township like KUL, BR, MP, LR are completely isolated right now from residential and will take at least 7-10 years to be secure place to live from all perspective. Moreover it's not just number of building/flats decides development of area but need all social infra to exist for that area to get developed till that time it is pure adjustment in all matter with high input cost.

I know couple of people who had bought flat in BR, Wakad, etc but still staying in Kothrud due to infra problems and commuting daily to hinjewadi.

I'm staying in Warje for last 7 years but still this area doesn't have all which is provided by main city areas and kothrud. Since it is close enough to have easy access it doesn't matter much. Finally it's individual's choice but we are talking about merit of the areas.
    CommentQuote

As mentioned above outskirt areas lack all basic as well as social infra. Out of this Wakad may develop fast in next few years in terms of some social infra. Rest I'm bearish.

Look at the wakad main road. New malls coming up next to whistling palms and next to the back of park street. Aundh is 10 mins from wakad. Pimple Saudagar is 10 mins from wakad.

The township like KUL, BR, MP, LR are completely isolated right now from residential and will take at least 7-10 years to be secure place to live from all perspective. Moreover it's not just number of building/flats decides development of area but need all social infra to exist for that area to get developed till that time it is pure adjustment in all matter with high input cost.

Won't take 7-10 yrs. development will be much faster. If u have decided not to invest in these schemes due to lack of infra then personally think its not the correct decision.

I know couple of people who had bought flat in BR, Wakad, etc but still staying in Kothrud due to infra problems and commuting daily to hinjewadi.

I know people who have bought a flat in wakad cause they can't spend 1.5 hr traveling from kothrud and city. Personal choice.

BR is shaping up very well and in the next 2-3 yrs will become a very nice place to live.
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone know what are the curent rates in BR and MP, last time in April when I visited BR they quote 4900 psf. I went there in the evening at about 6 PM, and saw good amount of people and activities in the BR area, certainly I can't tell it Isolated. BR SEZ is fully occupied with many companies operating there. if they will give all amenities mentioned in their website, it would be one on the best township. people working in Hingewadi would find it very suitable to live in BR or MP as travelling from city to Hingewadi really take so much time and patience, which impact productivity during work( personal experience).
    But 5K pst is really looks too much, but we can't help as they don't negotiate on price.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Thanks...a lot for the link.
    June photos are still not on BR's web-site !
    Are these pics from a visitor ?

Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Check out the June 2012 photos on paranjape's google+ site

https://plus.google.com/photos/116011175770631287960/albums/5759018067378122065?banner=pwa
    CommentQuote