Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    Thanks...a lot for the link.
    June photos are still not on BR's web-site !
    Are these pics from a visitor ?


    No cant find july pics. This link is paranjape's official page i think cause I got this from cliking on the photos of BR that are published on their website.

    Found it odd that they have shown photos of people checking into the SEZ!!

    Dont know the exact location of the kirana like shop but hopefully its near the entrance so that others can also buy which would ensure that its able to survive over the long term. Dont see BR residents alone able to help with keeping the shop running.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Look at the wakad main road. New malls coming up next to whistling palms and next to the back of park street. Aundh is 10 mins from wakad. Pimple Saudagar is 10 mins from wakad.


    On Google maps everything looks closer. Try going in peak hours of evening from Wakad to pimple saudagar/aundh. Let's not term mall/groceries shop as complete development.

    Originally Posted by herohiralal

    Won't take 7-10 yrs. development will be much faster. If u have decided not to invest in these schemes due to lack of infra then personally think its not the correct decision.

    BR completed 5 years after launching still only one shop/mall operated by BR itself and still can not term that area as residential. People who bought in BR around 5 years back must have thought the same way you are thinking that in another 5 years they will see everything around. See how much more time it will take that area to develop residential concrete jungle around after connecting with KUL area using the bridge.
    How can development be faster? The average rate in these remote areas are already surpassed affordable limit of 3k-4K. You will need rates to be between 3k - 4k to see meaningful growth. If this is not the case we can bet right now and let's have next review after 3 years(my bet is 5 years at least) on where we stand??

    We are heading for RE correction and rate should come down below 3.5k for that area to see faster growth.

    Originally Posted by herohiralal

    I know people who have bought a flat in wakad cause they can't spend 1.5 hr traveling from kothrud and city. Personal choice.

    BR is shaping up very well and in the next 2-3 yrs will become a very nice place to live.


    Let us see where the area stand after 3 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79
    On Google maps everything looks closer. Try going in peak hours of evening from Wakad to pimple saudagar/aundh. Let's not term mall/groceries shop as complete development.


    BR completed 5 years after launching still only one shop/mall operated by BR itself and still can not term that area as residential. People who bought in BR around 5 years back must have thought the same way you are thinking that in another 5 years they will see everything around. See how much more time it will take that area to develop residential concrete jungle around after connecting with KUL area using the bridge.
    How can development be faster? The average rate in these remote areas are already surpassed affordable limit of 3k-4K. You will need rates to be between 3k - 4k to see meaningful growth. If this is not the case we can bet right now and let's have next review after 3 years(my bet is 5 years at least) on where we stand??

    We are heading for RE correction and rate should come down below 3.5k for that area to see faster growth.



    Let us see where the area stand after 3 years.


    Social-Infrastructure and amenities always follow the population-concentration.
    The fact is, in years to come 3-4K families will be living in BR, and many times more in other projects located in phase-2 and 3.
    Unlike old Pune...the new-Pune will have much much better physical-infrastructure at least inside the town-ships.
    That's where the future is.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79

    Let us see where the area stand after 3 years.


    AA. Bingo. That is what I have been doing . Going back to thread 3 years ago and then trying to see where they stand today.

    e.g. look at what has happened to prices in last 3 years. Look at amenities (they would not hav developed at same pace given we are huge population and the life in such contry is mostly set of compromises. People end up paying prices for 5 years later today).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    AA. Bingo. That is what I have been doing . Going back to thredad 3 years ago and then trying to see where they stand today.

    e.g. look at what has happened to prices in last 3 years. Look at amenities (they would not hav developed at same pace given we are huge population and the life in such contry is mostly set of compromises. People end up paying prices for 5 years later today).


    Don't get excited.

    Agree prices have increased in last 3 years. Do you have any other argument to make?

    Today BR is quoting 5200 psqft. With your argument it will quote 8000 sqft after 3 years. If 5200 is not affordable today how come people will pay 8000/pqft after 3 years(let's talk about 3 year cycle as you keep showing last 3 year trend)? Are there salaries going to get double in next three years?


    Don't bring in compromises, emotions in the argument as nobody can fight against it. Anything and everything can be compromised and any/every decision can made look good emotionally.

    My point is these area will not develop fast since they have already crossed affordable price range of 3k - 4k. When BR launched the area nearby was available for 2.5k - 3k psqft range and time was 2007 - 2009. During this period home loans also available for cheap rate plus teaser rate schemes but despite all this surrounded area has not made considerable progress in residential.
    Now the situation turned upside down interest rates are higher, no teaser rate schemes, high RE launching rates, low salary increments, less job security, economic slowdown globally. With all this situation I don't think these areas will develop in next 5 years to count fit for residential with all social infra. If one have very long term view like 10 years then all above areas should be good.

    Given that pune metro will see light of the day in next 7-8 years(hopefully) in many places people will stop migrating to remote areas just to find work location closer and compromising on social infra. The outskirt will develop but with lower pace and hence i'm bullish on city areas/closed by areas rather than living/investing on dream. I'm sure people will get better deal in 5k range in city rather than buying in blue ridge. Finally it's individual's choice.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79
    Don't get excited.

    Agree prices have increased in last 3 years. Do you have any other argument to make?




    Looking at the size of the post looks like advice is more applicable to you ;)

    Anyway arguments are required in abscence of the fact. You and your friend can argue that next come bus will be red or green in color. But when the bus is in your range of view, arguments are no longer necessary. Anyway if you still insist on argumenting when bus is already in sight, you will surely miss the bus :D.
    CommentQuote
  • the last post doesn't make any sense. And that s the first reason the guy above you said make some substantial points if you must make any
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79


    Given that pune metro will see light of the day in next 7-8 years(hopefully) in many places people will stop migrating to remote areas just to find work location closer and compromising on social infra. The outskirt will develop but with lower pace and hence i'm bullish on city areas/closed by areas rather than living/investing on dream. I'm sure people will get better deal in 5k range in city rather than buying in blue ridge. Finally it's individual's choice.



    The rates in the city are above 10K in some places (KP, Model colony, Kothrud, Law college road, deccan) so with a metro they will go even higher (following your logic of greater amenities and social infra).

    If 4K - 5K in Hinjewadi is costly today according to you then will a metro actually help people who are avoiding investing today in the suburbs or will they have to a very high prices to get a flat in the city?

    Cities which have metros have seen business move to the city center and people moving out to the outskirts. Pune will be the only city if it were to reverse that trend so I am not betting on that to happen.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79
    On Google maps everything looks closer. Try going in peak hours of evening from Wakad to pimple saudagar/aundh. Let's not term mall/groceries shop as complete development.



    But if a person works in IT and stays in the city then he/she has to navigate the wakad traffic + the city traffic so why would a person spend 1.5 hr each day travelling for the next 6-7 yr till the metro is done?


    BR completed 5 years after launching still only one shop/mall operated by BR itself and still can not term that area as residential. People who bought in BR around 5 years back must have thought the same way you are thinking that in another 5 years they will see everything around. See how much more time it will take that area to develop residential concrete jungle around after connecting with KUL area using the bridge.

    Yes people who bought 5 yrs back in BR as their 1st home lost out. But people who bought in 2009-2010 have done well. U have D-mart in Hinjewadi for the last 3-4 years + you have a new mall coming next to Wipro. BT has its own commercial development.


    How can development be faster? The average rate in these remote areas are already surpassed affordable limit of 3k-4K. You will need rates to be between 3k - 4k to see meaningful growth. If this is not the case we can bet right now and let's have next review after 3 years(my bet is 5 years at least) on where we stand??


    If the rates are not affordable then who is buying flats then? Sales might be done in Hinjewadi but then people are moving to ravet, talegaon, sus, pirangut. People can adapt.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    The rates in the city are above 10K in some places (KP, Model colony, Kothrud, Law college road, deccan) so with a metro they will go even higher (following your logic of greater amenities and social infra).

    If 4K - 5K in Hinjewadi is costly today according to you then will a metro actually help people who are avoiding investing today in the suburbs or will they have to a very high prices to get a flat in the city?

    Cities which have metros have seen business move to the city center and people moving out to the outskirts. Pune will be the only city if it were to reverse that trend so I am not betting on that to happen.


    Your example of areas with rate 10k is different RE world. Here premium projects are scarce and get sold-off before launch. The person who can afford 10K has different profile and risk appetite, he will never go to BR/KUL, warje, bavdhan etc for his own stay. He will chose areas mentioned by you to remain in city and let's not generalize those people as those type of buyers are limited and focused on few areas only.

    I'm talking about people who are investing today in say BR for 5200 psqft or in KUL. They will find good options in Warje, Bavdhan, Pashan, pimple saudagar, Baner in resale where they can see good public infra, amenities and would be ready with immediate rental yields or if it is for own use can move in immediately. In next 7-8 years a metro will help them to reach wherever they want in city for work whereas in KUL they will have to wait for area to get developed another 5-7 years plus less appreciation as compare to (as you mention) city properties will fetch after Metro. This is probably best time for these people since investors trying to en-cash gains in projects launched in these areas few years back. Once these opportunities lost there will not be much supply in good areas of the city for end use.

    The recently launched projects in Warje are in the range of 4.5k to 5k and moreover resale options in good society(where you don't have to make compromise ;)) are already available if one is OK with this price range as budget. I'm little biased towards warje since I'm staying here for years but one can find options in other good areas. I'm waiting for one project to get announced in Warje on big piece of land at the best location of Warje. It will command premium for sure and I'm gathering funds for the same. ;)

    Forget to mention I'm waiting for correction. Let us see.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79
    Your example of areas with rate 10k is different RE world. Here premium projects are scarce and get sold-off before launch. The person who can afford 10K has different profile and risk appetite, he will never go to BR/KUL, warje, bavdhan etc for his own stay. He will chose areas mentioned by you to remain in city and let's not generalize those people as those type of buyers are limited and focused on few areas only.

    I'm talking about people who are investing today in say BR for 5200 psqft or in KUL. They will find good options in Warje, Bavdhan, Pashan, pimple saudagar, Baner in resale where they can see good public infra, amenities and would be ready with immediate rental yields or if it is for own use can move in immediately. In next 7-8 years a metro will help them to reach wherever they want in city for work whereas in KUL they will have to wait for area to get developed another 5-7 years plus less appreciation as compare to (as you mention) city properties will fetch after Metro. This is probably best time for these people since investors trying to en-cash gains in projects launched in these areas few years back. Once these opportunities lost there will not be much supply in good areas of the city for end use.

    The recently launched projects in Warje are in the range of 4.5k to 5k and moreover resale options in good society(where you don't have to make compromise ;)) are already available if one is OK with this price range as budget. I'm little biased towards warje since I'm staying here for years but one can find options in other good areas. I'm waiting for one project to get announced in Warje on big piece of land at the best location of Warje. It will command premium for sure and I'm gathering funds for the same. ;)

    Forget to mention I'm waiting for correction. Let us see.



    I think you are waiting for Vastusodh's project which has big piece of open land near Sinhgad campus, is it? :D

    PS: Underground road to cross highway is going on. 50% work is complete, soon this road will get completed :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Check out the June 2012 photos on paranjape's google+ site

    https://plus.google.com/photos/116011175770631287960/albums/5759018067378122065?banner=pwa


    Loved the pics. Thanks for sharing. I have rarely explored any RE projects in West Pune & seeing these pictures of Blue Ridge gives a fair idea about RE developments in West. (Integrated Townships)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79


    I'm talking about people who are investing today in say BR for 5200 psqft or in KUL. They will find good options in Warje, Bavdhan, Pashan, pimple saudagar, Baner in resale where they can see good public infra, amenities and would be ready with immediate rental yields or if it is for own use can move in immediately.

    Baner is too costly for normal people. people should buy in KUL if they are investing with a 5 yr horizon. If person work in Hinjewadi then go for wakad or ravet.
    People who want to buy in BR (2 or 3BHK) right now would be looking for certain kind of lifestyle right now.


    In next 7-8 years a metro will help them to reach wherever they want in city for work whereas in KUL they will have to wait for area to get developed another 5-7 years plus less appreciation as compare to (as you mention) city properties will fetch after Metro.


    I have more hopes on the area developing than metro reaching hinjewadi in the next 7-8 years. Metro is a very costly operation (20-30,000 crores) if you have to connect the whole the pune so dont have much hope there.


    Forget to mention I'm waiting for correction. Let us see.


    I think interest rates will come down even more in the next 6 months taking off the pressure from a lot of home owners and businesses. Personally don't see prices falling a lot.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AaplaAbhari79


    I'm talking about people who are investing today in say BR for 5200 psqft or in KUL. They will find good options in Warje, Bavdhan, Pashan, pimple saudagar, Baner in resale where they can see good public infra....


    I would not like if I would go for shopping groceries and ask for Mango and shopkeeper would ask me to by BANANA. Because BANANAs are rich in potassium..

    Not trying to be funny but trying to understand the direction of this argument.. Location is a prime factor in deciding the real estate worth. I am not saying that Hinjewadi is better than Baner or Pune City center is better than Aundh. All are different markets and different products and different types of people would have more demand for property in one area than the other.

    I am working in Kalyani Ngr, why wud I go and buy in Baner even if someone feels that it is a better investment decision or vice versa.

    When we are evaluating BR, check;

      Who would be interested in buying/investing there?
      Is it planned enough to be self-sufficient overtime or not?
      Is all basic amenities available or not?


      I am not saying that BR's rate of 5K+ is a valid price tag. If there is a demand and people think this is good, it would sell and prices would go up. No matter what sells in Baner or does not sell in Wakad..

      I am not saying that BR's rate of 5K+ is a valid price tag. If there is a demand and people think this is good, it would sell and prices would go up. No matter what sells in Baner or does not sell in Wakad..

      I am not saying that BR's rate of 5K+ is a valid price tag. If there is a demand and people think this is good, it would sell and prices would go up. No matter what sells in Baner or does not sell in Wakad..

      I am not saying that BR's rate of 5K+ is a valid price tag. If there is a demand and people think this is good, it would sell and prices would go up. No matter what sells in Baner or does not sell in Wakad..

      I am not saying that BR's rate of 5K+ is a valid price tag. If there is a demand and people think this is good, it would sell and prices would go up. No matter what sells in Baner or does not sell in Wakad..

      I am not saying that BR's rate of 5K+ is a valid price tag. If there is a demand and people think this is good, it would sell and prices would go up. No matter what sells in Baner or does not sell in Wakad..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pawarnilesh
    I think you are waiting for Vastusodh's project which has big piece of open land near Sinhgad campus, is it? :D

    PS: Underground road to cross highway is going on. 50% work is complete, soon this road will get completed :)


    No. There is one big piece of land in Warje. The land owner has successfully solved disputes with PMC and given some land for road widening, police chowky etc. He was planning for bungalows earlier hence it would have gone out of my budget so I had started looking elsewhere. I think he is now in process of getting plan sanctions and may announce project in Diwali although not sure. Let us see.
    Some freedom fighters were rewarded by allocating big piece of land by govt. Now their grand childrens are enjoying the value of freedom. :D
    CommentQuote