Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by toanuj
    I would not like if I would go for shopping groceries and ask for Mango and shopkeeper would ask me to by BANANA. Because BANANAs are rich in potassium..

Not trying to be funny but trying to understand the direction of this argument.. Location is a prime factor in deciding the real estate worth. I am not saying that Hinjewadi is better than Baner or Pune City center is better than Aundh. All are different markets and different products and different types of people would have more demand for property in one area than the other.

I am working in Kalyani Ngr, why wud I go and buy in Baner even if someone feels that it is a better investment decision or vice versa.

When we are evaluating BR, check;

Who would be interested in buying/investing there?
      Is it planned enough to be self-sufficient overtime or not?
      Is all basic amenities available or not?

I am not saying that BR's rate of 5K+ is a valid price tag. If there is a demand and people think this is good, it would sell and prices would go up. No matter what sells in Baner or does not sell in Wakad..

The discussion was regarding BR and pune west. So there is no one asking people working in East to live in west.
      The point was all about current amenities vs future development/prospect. I'm of the opinion that earlier when warje, pimple saudagar, baner, bavdhan etc seen development because there was price motivation. However today areas like balewadi, baner, hinjewadi area already hyped so much that people don't find motivation in buying in remote areas and keep horizon of 5 years.

Finally affordability matters as you will need population density to see good social infra to develop and that means all sort of lower, middle and upper middle class people to buy in and thus demand by this population bring good development. However for this you will need affordable, medium and premium range houses. The current average rate of 4k+ in all these outskirt areas can't be classified in affordable range.

The builders might be having their own issues/greed/pressure in bringing down the prices but then same is the case with buyer who can't go beyond his means. So if demand has to drive supply prices need to correct in these areas for sure as finally buyer will decide which price he wants to buy.

In your style of example, current situation in Pune is builders are showing mangos and giving bananas and in some cases encouraging to go on fast. :D

The discussion was regarding BR and pune west. So there is no one asking people working in East to live in west.
      The point was all about current amenities vs future development/prospect. I'm of the opinion that earlier when warje, pimple saudagar, baner, bavdhan etc seen development because there was price motivation. However today areas like balewadi, baner, hinjewadi area already hyped so much that people don't find motivation in buying in remote areas and keep horizon of 5 years.

Finally affordability matters as you will need population density to see good social infra to develop and that means all sort of lower, middle and upper middle class people to buy in and thus demand by this population bring good development. However for this you will need affordable, medium and premium range houses. The current average rate of 4k+ in all these outskirt areas can't be classified in affordable range.

The builders might be having their own issues/greed/pressure in bringing down the prices but then same is the case with buyer who can't go beyond his means. So if demand has to drive supply prices need to correct in these areas for sure as finally buyer will decide which price he wants to buy.

In your style of example, current situation in Pune is builders are showing mangos and giving bananas and in some cases encouraging to go on fast. :D

CommentQuote
  • Agree with you AA79.
    Reason why areas like Balewadi, Bavdhan or Warje took off is due to their lower prices compared to their near the city cousins. These ANNEXES were in demand due to lower price. If eg. Kothrud & Warje command same price, who will go to Warje ? If Hinjewadi & Baner command same price, why go at Hinjewadi ?? Life is not just WORK-OFFICE & OFFICE-WORK. And yes, think about your family also. Not all would be working at Hinjewadi.

I strongly feel that people staying in projects like BR, KUL, Mpolis etc. are DINK families or small kid & both working at Hinjewadi & want to retire at Hinjewadi only :D.

A socially oriented person who prefers neighborhood of people from all walks of life & thinks about his family (if kids, parents are staying with him) will never even go & enquire in such areas.

And as far as metro is concerned, if it is done in 7-8 yrs, expect India to over-take US in next 10 yrs then :D. I think that '-' is wrong. It is not 7-8 but 78 !! :D

And as said before, for self use, buy based on current infra & not PROPOSED/DP.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

And as far as metro is concerned, if it is done in 7-8 yrs, expect India to over-take US in next 10 yrs then :D. I think that '-' is wrong. It is not 7-8 but 78 !! :D

Originally Posted by herohiralal

I have more hopes on the area developing than metro reaching hinjewadi in the next 7-8 years. Metro is a very costly operation (20-30,000 crores) if you have to connect the whole the pune so dont have much hope there.

I'm also not optimistic about fast track metro project in pune however facts has something to say different.

Delhi metro has completed 190 km of route in 12 years with 142 stations out of which 35 are underground. The challenges must be more due to Tier 1 city including population density, traffic conditions, funding etc.

I'm not sure till metro project starts in Pune since there will be different issues like funding , sanctions, all types of personal interests will involved. However once it starts it can cover more ground fast with the help of DMRC experience. Once initial routes are setup the next expansion works faster as seen in Delhi case. In Pune we may not require 190 km but 100 km to solve teething problem initially of our road transport.

RA - With above facts can we say now India has overtaken USA? ;)
    The DMRC story is best to believe in capabilities of Indian people only we need better drivers (i.e. politicians and bureaucrats) rest of the things will follow. Let us see how Pune metro shape up.
    CommentQuote
    A socially oriented person who prefers neighborhood of people from all walks of life & thinks about his family (if kids, parents are staying with him) will never even go & enquire in such areas..

Assume that I have Rs. 1 Cr for my first home; can you please suggest some area in Pune to invest. I love my kid and a 'socially oriented person'...

As I am a family and a social guy, I need atleast 3BHK one for the poor working couple, one for the kid and last for visiting parents and may be friends and family.

I am in IT (no one else would pay me enough to save 1 cr) and my bad luck that it is based in Hinjewadi. I wish that I should be wasting less time in traffic so that I can come back and play with my kid on a week day. I hope these wishes are not outside your definiton of a 'socially oriented person'..

I would appreciate a more direct and fact based answer than beating around the bush...
    CommentQuote

I strongly feel that people staying in projects like BR, KUL, Mpolis etc. are DINK families or small kid & both working at Hinjewadi & want to retire at Hinjewadi only :D.

A socially oriented person who prefers neighborhood of people from all walks of life & thinks about his family (if kids, parents are staying with him) will never even go & enquirer in such areas.

Flash back 10 years and you will hear same siren song repeated endlessly for Baner.
    Flash back 20 years and you will hear same siren song for Kothrud / Aundh.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • does anyone knows what is the latest offer price at blue ridge? am looking for 3bhk.
    thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Last launched building rate was 5000 (River stream facing) /5300 (golf course facing). I am sure that prices might not have moved much after that

Originally Posted by marshaln
    does anyone knows what is the latest offer price at blue ridge? am looking for 3bhk.
    thanks
    CommentQuote
    Last launched building rate was 5000 (River stream facing) /5300 (golf course facing). I am sure that prices might not have moved much after that

That's right...
    Also I am sure, price would be much less ( in 4500 range ) for the unsold inventory of 3 BHKs in buildings that are already built and/or at verious stages of beiing built.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    That's right...
    Also I am sure, price would be much less ( in 4500 range ) for the unsold inventory of 3 BHKs in buildings that are already built and/or at verious stages of beiing built.

It sounds very unlikely that a builder will launch new buildings at a higher rate and sell existing unsold inventory at lower rates; if no other amenity varies. Why would someone put more money in something that would be available later? Either BR would be ready to negotiate on these new building or it might have jacked up prices across the board.
    CommentQuote
    It sounds very unlikely that a builder will launch new buildings at a higher rate and sell existing unsold inventory at lower rates; if no other amenity varies. Why would someone put more money in something that would be available later? Either BR would be ready to negotiate on these new building or it might have jacked up prices across the board.

Good point..

I would like to believe that you are right.
    CommentQuote
  • As a product, Blue Ridge is a great project, and I would love to buy a flat there, just for renting out.
    Rental demand is low right now, since basic facilities are missing. But have a feeling that once complete, this township will have the same status as Karishma in Kothrud, or Paranjape Woodlands in Dahanukar Colony, or Aditya Garden City.

The only negative thing is that it is overpriced right now. If any sensible investor is willing to bide his time and wait for RE cycle to bottom out, some excellent deals might be had.
    CommentQuote

• Thanks for pics..a general questions

Which other project in Pune has GC with it ? Anything in Magarpatta/Kalyani Nagar ?

After XRBIA...hinjewadi will pick up well...Life Republic/BR will look closer to city :-)

I started living on rent in Wakad in 2009...everyone was how will you live there types...( incidentally Mahindra Woods is the best project I have seen anywhere in India)

Today I can tell you that wakad/pimple looks well withing the city...in fact wakad is any day better than Aundh for IT junta as you save 40 mnts one side

Also I suspect that builder network is not allowing better Hinjewadi connectivity to Balewari/Dange Chauk..three big projects will only click if Phase-2,3 junta will get stuck in traffic for 1 hr daily

Unfortunate but true
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Thanks for pics..a general questions

Which other project in Pune has GC with it ? Anything in Magarpatta/Kalyani Nagar ?

After XRBIA...hinjewadi will pick up well...Life Republic/BR will look closer to city :-)

I started living on rent in Wakad in 2009...everyone was how will you live there types...( incidentally Mahindra Woods is the best project I have seen anywhere in India)

Today I can tell you that wakad/pimple looks well withing the city...in fact wakad is any day better than Aundh for IT junta as you save 40 mnts one side

Also I suspect that builder network is not allowing better Hinjewadi connectivity to Balewari/Dange Chauk..three big projects will only click if Phase-2,3 junta will get stuck in traffic for 1 hr daily

Unfortunate but true

I haven't heard Golf Course being part of any project.
    But I don't live anywhere close to Pune so what do I know.

What you said about builder network not allowing better Hinjewadi connectivity is actually being rumored for quite some time....
    But in that sense, the Business houses with offices in the IT park are working against the builders since they ( Infosys and Wipro and such ) are constantly petitioning the local government for better roads and trafic-managment.
    CommentQuote
  • Builder community is closer to political class as they work like fund manager for them to handle their black money ... or it can be other way round i.e. builders are just the front face for politicians.

Originally Posted by Superduper

What you said about builder network not allowing better Hinjewadi connectivity is actually being rumored for quite some time....
    But in that sense, the Business houses with offices in the IT park are working against the builders since they ( Infosys and Wipro and such ) are constantly petitioning the local government for better roads and trafic-managment.
    CommentQuote