Collapse

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: August 7 2017
4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

I have put up my 2 BHK flat at BR up for sale. Planning to upgrade to 3 BHK.
    If anyone in this forum will be interested then do contact me.

Comment

I am looking for 2BHK, please share details like area tower and floor with price. PM me details

Comment

So I was with my lawyer, doing due diligence and looking over the sales deed of someone selling their 3BHK in T1-8.

The deed explicitly states a "carpet area" of 1331 sq ft.

The stamp duty is calculated according to this "carpet area" (123.65 sq mtrs = 1331 sq ft)

The deed also includes a floorplan with dimensions.

I added up the dimensions from the floor plan in the deed and am coming up with 1008 sq ft indoor carpet area and 208 sq ft balcony area for a total of 1216 sq ft.

There is a 117 sq ft discrepancy between the two values in this agreement???

My lawyer said that the builder has cheated and has used either the "built-up" or "super built-up" area and labeled it as "carpet area".

The 1st round of buyers could have contested this and asked for money back from the promoter, but that since most were investors, they may not have bothered to check and now there is no recourse.

So now, the official govt recognized carpet area is 1331 sq ft, and stamp duty will have to be paid accordingly even though the actual carpet area is 117 sq ft less…

I've heard developers cheat in these things all the time.

Anyone know the story on this with specific regards to Paranjape's Blue Ridge? Is there some calculation I am missing?
        Last edited by farmerjoe; February 25 2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

That is the reason why it is advisable to due diligence before buying.
          Reputations do not matter.

Comment

You have a passage area unaccounted for which would add up to 15'6" x 3'3'' ( width of one of the bedroom + toilet ) multiplied by the door width which is roughly 3'3'' ; though the dimensions are not specifically mentioned in the floor plan.
            Similarly, the master bedroom has an area of 5' x 3'3'' entrance lobby kind off as soon as you open the door.
            There may also be flower beds / dry balcony or some such stuff which you are seeing in the floor plan but without dimensions.
            Last edited by jsubbu24; February 25 2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Yep. I too think you might have missed out calculating the unmarked areas. If you are unsure of the area, get your flat's autocad copy from the builder on some pendrive, and ask an architect friend to calculate the area from that file. This way you will get exact area as per plan.

I have heard actual flat area being less than plan, but this is first time that I am hearing the plan area is less than the agreement! That is why I recommend you to recalculate.

Comment

Originally posted by dixi123 View Post
                I am looking for 2BHK, please share details like area tower and floor with price. PM me details

No option to PM
                my email sagarvermapai2 at com

Comment

Hire an architect to measure the flat area as per govt recognised rules. If there is any discrepancy, you can file a case against the builder for cheating you

Comment

farmerjoe, you may also refer page no. 20 of the thread "Siyona by Pethkar builders, Punawale-PCMC" where the builder - Jitu_Sir has explained clearly the basis of measurement of the carpet area of a flat by the Builder's Architect using a CAD software tool in metric system.

This will explain to a large extent the perceived discrepancy in the carpet area.

Of course,one has every right to be vigilent and generally suspicious about the builder coomunity in general.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by jsubbu24 View Post
                      farmerjoe, you may also refer page no. 20 of the thread "Siyona by Pethkar builders, Punawale-PCMC" where the builder - Jitu_Sir has explained clearly the basis of measurement of the carpet area of a flat by the Builder's Architect using a CAD software tool in metric system.

This will explain to a large extent the perceived discrepancy in the carpet area.

Of course,one has every right to be vigilent and generally suspicious about the builder coomunity in general.

All the best.
                      Doesnt matter what the builder measurement metrics are. It should be as per the metrics stated in MOFA. Builder can invent his own measurement system too.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X