Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
4012 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
    You are right up to some extent. However, I have noticed that not many societies follow the bye-laws and break the rules. E.g. as per bye-law, society is supposed to contribute to a sinking fund and repairs/maintenance fund. That comes to pretty much around 1 rs/sqft for every flat.

For some reason, a standard per sq. ft rate has been set to 2.5 for years. Now, if 1 rs/sqft is supposed to go in this fund, which should not be used, there is no way a society can function with 1.5 / sqft. Then you will see compromise in services - poor security, water cuts, electricity cuts, alternate day housekeeping, limited use of swimming pool, charges for gym etc.

True, with BR, everything is super-sized. Flat areas of 2 BHK/3BHK are larger than many societies. In fact, I did a comparison with my previous 2 BHK flat & though the total maintenance was less than BR, it was higher on a per sq. ft basis. Not to mention, residents shelve out 700 - 1000 per month for tanker charges which are additional.

That is why, comparing simply maintenance based on a flat type is not the right way. Add all costs (property tax, tanker charges, water tax, club costs, per sqft area cost) & then compare.

Typical Indian mentality is that we want the best lifestyle but want it for a lower cost forever. This same Indian will not hesitate to spend 1500 for a lavish lunch but will crib if he has to contribute the same additional amount per month for a good lifestyle. I always joke that the satisfaction that you get on a lavish lunch only lasts for few moments but the same amount you would spend on say a good clean pollution neighborhood will last for long time. It is all about perception of how you look at things.
    Experience with many societies is that the builder doesnt transfer accounts to society as he can continue making money on maintenance and falsify accounts . After the honeymoon period with the new apartment is over , people realize they are paying too high recurring costs . The interest in maintaining high cost , less use amenities dwindles and society maintenance cost becomes lesser than builder cost .

All good societies maintain sinking and repair/maintenance funds .

There is a society Nisarg Nirmiti on the new nashik phata to hinjewadi BRT road in pimple saudagar which had a swimming pool - now one can see the swimming pool has been closed and the land thereby levelled .

Comment

Originally posted by suryawork View Post
      Good for you only 5k/month maintenance .

Good for renters too since these flats for whom owner pays for great services in BR, Megapolis are available cheap close to work :

check this on 99acres :

http://www./2-bhk-bedroom-apartment-...spid-A17278904
      True. Such societies are good for end use only. Active investors will gain if they dispose of such properties in less than 5 years. Overall, renting in India is not profitable, and it is worse for BR like societies.

Comment

Originally posted by T12BROwner View Post
        Hello Everyone on IREF.

I have been a silent observer of IREF and specifically the BR thread for around 4 months now. I debated whether to make any posts and this is my first post.

I am an owner in Tower 12. Though I had bought the flat as in investment I was not really connected to it. Since the past 2 months I am more connected as I visited the flat many times and also started receiving emails from the BR society appartmentadda site.

Some feedback for anyone considering to buy at BR:
        One of the best post on this thread. Very good & balanced indeed.

Purely from a personal perspective, I prefer smaller and more "personal" societies of Mumbai than a large township like BR. Everybody knows everyone, even their relatives. I am not sure I will fit in well here.
        +1 again.

Generally builders make big money in maintenance activities . Owners need to know where is the maintenance money going and an audit should be done every year .

Maintenance is way high - What is the benefit in investing then ?
        Outsourcing the entire work to 3rd party property management agency is the best option in such case. And with maintenance here as much as 7000/month for 2BR, this is very much possible.
        If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Good capital appreciation - but cant help thinking that though an owner , such high holding costs mean you are also a renter for your own apartment now .

I wonder about resales in such societies - prospective buyer will run away just by looking at monthly maintenance cost
          +1.

I couldn't afford to buy my own flat now .
          Haha, thank you for being straightforward.
          Btw, it was shocking to know that builder has put used pipes for plumbing. This is ridiculous especially looking at price which he asks for.

28 emails have been written on pet nuisance topic so far. No enthusiasm or emails threads yet for taking builder to task for poor construction. I guess pet owners are convenient soft targets to vent out on.
          Are they investors ?? Many do so for fear of getting into bad books of builder which may create some problems at later stage during the time of sale of flat.
          Normally, only the person who wants to stay there will be interested in quality & follow up with builder but those who have bought as investment are more concerned about profits & not quality.

There is a very wrong notion in Indian mindset that higher price equals higher value and they are exploited to the hilt in all walks of life due to this thinking . A wealthy person pays price per value , hence stays wealthy while most others stay as empty vessels defending high price .
          Fantastic man, +1. Spot on.

Investors have to bear maintenance costs else end users have to shell out more .
          In reality a great service is being done by inflating maintenance costs (Not to mention that renters will get above services relatively cheap near office while buying a cheap house away).
          Investors will be forced to take into account holding cost of property and keeping it vacant . Similar taxes should be imposed on land kept vacant . This will remove whatever air is left in the real estate balloon . People will concentrate on work , other sectors in economy will get a boost , more job creation and development of the country .
          Again +1.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Today I was both deeply saddened and disturbed by the discussions on the appartment adda forum. To the extent that I have applied a filter on my email to send all apparment adda email to junk.

This has greatly disturbed me. The road is outside the society so outside the jurisdiction of the society. Why create ruckus over it? After all stray dogs can pee/poop at the same location and no one will complain.

A co-operative society is meant for peaceful cohabitation on a "live and let live" philosophy. Such social pressure for activities outside the society's jurisdiction scared and saddens me.

28 emails have been written on pet nuisance topic so far. No enthusiasm or emails threads yet for taking builder to task for poor construction. I guess pet owners are convenient soft targets to vent out on.
            I am "DEEPLY & GREATLY surprised " that someone who can frame an entire post in a very refined manner using really sensible terms as well .. like "peaceful cohabitation" thinks its ok for pets to poop around the place :P

So until a law is not passed.. let the dogs poop all around ?? I mean.. for people who wake up early and go for a walk on that street.. Its like an obstacle course... HMMM thats good for their health.. will keep them alert while walking as well :P

Pro Dog poop 1 ---- other citizens 0

Well personally love pets.. Especially dogs.. and that photogenic Lab in that pic is adorable, Have played with him a couple of times.. But dude.. owners need to clean up the crap.
            If You can do it for a child.. you should be able to do it for your dog.. if not.. You shouldnt have a pet.

On second thoughts maybe this is Mr P's mistake.. for not constructing Dog loo's around the place..

Comment

Originally posted by brres13 View Post
              I am "DEEPLY & GREATLY surprised " that someone who can frame an entire post in a very refined manner using really sensible terms as well .. like "peaceful cohabitation" thinks its ok for pets to poop around the place :P

So until a law is not passed.. let the dogs poop all around ?? I mean.. for people who wake up early and go for a walk on that street.. Its like an obstacle course... HMMM thats good for their health.. will keep them alert while walking as well :P

Well personally love pets.. Especially dogs.. and that photogenic Lab in that pic is adorable, Have played with him a couple of times.. But dude.. owners need to clean up the crap.
              If You can do it for a child.. you should be able to do it for your dog.. if not.. You shouldnt have a pet.

On second thoughts maybe this is Mr P's mistake.. for not constructing Dog loo's around the place..
              I too thought same but avoided commenting as he is a new bloke

In society where I live (woods, wakd)...pet owners follow this and I have never seen anyone having trouble in following it....guess this common sense practice will take sometime to get imbibed in other places..

forget dogs...even people urinate in open in India...doesnt mean we should let that happen at all places

between his post had some other valid points...

anyone in a situation to comment on used pipe claim ? Never heard that before....

somehow I struggle to believe that Paranjape will take such risks with his reputation in his flagship project...
              Last edited by Baruch; March 10 2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brres13 View Post

My Friend, I too prefer owners cleaning up after their pets. But in the absence of a law to that effect, such behaviour has to come from the owner's own realization. I my opinion, going around clicking photos like detectives and trying to aggressively hammer such people on the forums is not right approach. I hate it when people start with aggression and confrontation without trying gentler approaches first.

For example the person who took the photo and posted on the forum was within few feet of the person taking the dog out. He could have tried to politely talk to the owner/handler and suggest the expected outcome. Who knows, a direct 1:1 talk could have got the owner thinking.

Anyways, that is what I think and everyone need not agree to it.

Originally posted by Baruch View Post

anyone in a situation to comment on used pipe claim ? Never heard that before....

somehow I struggle to believe that Paranjape will take such risks with his reputation in his flagship project...
                That claim was made by another owner on the apartment adda forum. Given the leakage problems I faced in my flat, I personally don't have to struggle too much to believe it.

Comment

In the first batch of towers 1 to 8 .. the plumbing issues were more to do with clogged pipes.

And a bit of leakage due to flimsy fittings below the bathtub.
                  Walls had some normal seepage .. (not due to leakage).. with some moisture . water settling down and causing a bit of paint damage
                  at the base of the walls.. but once settled.. it dried up and no further damage..
                  and since the builder takes care of it in the guarantee period
                  need to get all touch up done.. initially
                  Not sure what additional problems are being faced in the new towers...

Comment

I haven't seen the BR project, but I am damn sure it doesn't have a 1x1 tile or such old style structure. I think this is an ad by some pathetic agent who is banking on the BR name. See the pictures in the ad, do you think it belongs to BR or any reputed project?

You need to add 99acres com after www. to make the link work.

Comment

7000 Rs. per month for maintenance for 2 BHK.
                      I would love to stay there on rent ....and my owner pays for me swimming or playing gymming & swimming there.
                      wow... love you all BR flat owners for your philanthropy !!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X