Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 1 week ago
4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by lazybone007 View Post
    If 8000 is the monthly maintenance, what are the rentals for 2BHK? Are you getting 20k+??
    I have heard of 2bhk rents from 15k to 17.5k.

I am not worried about rental income, nor am I worried about maintenance charges. I am worried that with most other people upset with high maintenance charges, we could end up implementing knee-jerk and desperate solutions for cost reduction.

There are already suggestions floating around to shut 1 pool out if two and to reduce garden cover to avoid gardening charges.

If we get proven solutions to maintenance costs we can avoid radical steps.

Comment

Most of the times, you can reduce cost by changing the vendors. Most of the current vendors would be hired by the builder and if you go through the expensiture details, they would be charging a bomb for their services. Look out for competitive vendors and you will be surprised that charges can be drastically reduced. More expensive does not necessarily mean good quality. Unless the management committee takes control of the society expenditures, be prepared to shell out more maintenance.

Comment

Hello Everyone! Been out of touch for a long time.

I am in Sydney, Australia and do check up on the Pune posts once in a while out of habit. However of late I see that many of the old timers have either stopped posting or have reduced their participation dramatically. I also see that the number of daily posts across all Pune thread has reduced dramatically. Not sure if that is because of general lack of interest in RE matters or because of the sale of ownership to housing.com

Thought of posting today in response to @T12BRowner's complaints about BR maintenance. I actually have to thank the high maintenance at BR for the opportunity to come to Australia!!

I was actually set in Pune and had no desire to go out of Pune/India. However when BR maintenance increased, my land lord tried to increase by rent from 14000 to 18000. I refused and moved to another place in Wakad. On the very next Day of the move, my company offered me a long term role in Sydney. Ordinarily I would have refused outright, but since we had just moved and life was again unsettled, we thought why not re-settle in Sydney instead of re-settling life in Wakad?. So I said yes and here I am.

Comment

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post

I am in Sydney, Australia and do check up on the Pune posts once in a while out of habit. However of late I see that many of the old timers have either stopped posting or have reduced their participation dramatically. I also see that the number of daily posts across all Pune thread has reduced dramatically. Not sure if that is because of general lack of interest in RE matters or because of the sale of ownership to housing.com

Thought of posting today in response to @T12BRowner's complaints about BR maintenance. I actually have to thank the high maintenance at BR for the opportunity to come to Australia!!

I was actually set in Pune and had no desire to go out of Pune/India. However when BR maintenance increased, my land lord tried to increase by rent from 14000 to 18000. I refused and moved to another place in Wakad. On the very next Day of the move, my company offered me a long term role in Sydney. Ordinarily I would have refused outright, but since we had just moved and life was again unsettled, we thought why not re-settle in Sydney instead of re-settling life in Wakad?. So I said yes and here I am.
          I think It's more affordable with quality of life style outside of India.

Black money is killing India's real estate and end user buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by T12BROwner View Post
            The monthly maintenance for 2 bhk at BR is in the vicinity of 8000. Many people find this exorbitant and are brainstorming to reduce it.

It would be great if fellow boarders can share anything they have implemented to control maintenance costs without cutting down on the upkeep and quality/quantity of amenities?
            Can someone confirm that the maintenance cost for 2BHK is Rs. 8000/month? And what services does it cover?

Comment

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post

Many landlords do not want to keep the flat empty. So they get a tenant at lower cost. When they see that the tenant has settled in, they want to increase the rent in illogical proportions. Packing and moving is a hassle. Really low life people. One reason I grudgingly say that is in favour of buying your own home then renting.

If you say you are an IT guy, they will try to extract more money out of you.
              Or even if you buy a new flat screen TV or a car... they will try to increase the rent.

Comment

Originally posted by T12BROwner View Post
                I have heard of 2bhk rents from 15k to 17.5k.
                There are already suggestions floating around to shut 1 pool out if two and to reduce garden cover to avoid gardening charges.

If we get proven solutions to maintenance costs we can avoid radical steps.
                So Sad!!

Then what is the purpose of paying amenities while buying in BR ??

Just to see Golf Course from your window ?? Which they wont even allow you to enter... !!!
                Last edited by MANOJa; November 10 2015, 08:27 AM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mansa123 View Post
                  Can someone confirm that the maintenance cost for 2BHK is Rs. 8000/month? And what services does it cover?
                  I own a flat here and I pay this maintenance. What other confirmation do you need?

The charges cover security, housekeeping, maintenance of amenities as well as mandatory items like sinking fund and also the township charges.

Township charges cover what other societies would pay as property tax and water charges.

Comment

The charges also cover arrears of Re 1 per sq ft per month for 3 towers. These charges will go away after some time.

I think the charges vary between 6500 to 8000 based on the tower, area of flat and whether the flat is rented/empty.

Comment

if it includes an offset for property tax, 6-8K is not exorbitant.

The net maintenance/sinking fund comes to 4.5-6K in that case..

High, perhaps yes but certainly not exorbitant.
                      Last edited by MANOJa; November 10 2015, 08:25 AM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X