Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3918 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sakelkar
    I hope BR is completed 100% before end of SEZ schemes. By the end of SEZ, most of the IT companies would have shut shop or downsized and moved to other tax havens. One wonders what is the point of staying in Hinjwadi then:bab (59):.

very optimistic...I am sure you work for IT company..
    CommentQuote
    I hope BR is completed 100% before end of SEZ schemes. By the end of SEZ, most of the IT companies would have shut shop or downsized and moved to other tax havens. One wonders what is the point of staying in Hinjwadi then:bab (59):.

It's not a small kirana store which will shut down just because tax benefit has been taken away Investments done by companies like Infosys, Wipro, TCS, IBM are huge and though their margins might get affected, they cannot just close down the company and move on. Business will continue, just the dynamics will change.
    CommentQuote
  • SEZ benefits will stop for everyplace in India...so where will companies shift ? Vietnam ? Please book your home there...

This is what one calls analysis paralysis

Some people will only analyze...and never act...what they dont realize that not acting is also a decision and sometimes its a very costly decision
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suamuni
    very optimistic...I am sure you work for IT company..

Looks like some people do not get sarcasm on this forum ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    SEZ benefits will stop for everyplace in India...so where will companies shift ? Vietnam ? Please book your home there...

Some people will only analyze...and never act...what they dont realize that not acting is also a decision and sometimes its a very costly decision

Many of the companies have already started investing or at least preparing to invest countries like Vietnam, several south american countries. Its not just India which is good at dilution of currency and driving its growth based on export led economy.

Several other countries including some of the ones in east Europe, south east asia and south american are following suit.

And BTW macroeconomic factors are not the only reasons one should stay away from township projects. But the legal structure of those projects is fundamentally different and not really in favor of the buyers. Land is usually taken on lease, and technically flats are also on lease. Anyways I am not going to rant anymore against the builder otherwise he will call the police and lock me up under some section of IT Act :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
    Many of the companies have already started investing or at least preparing to invest countries like Vietnam, several south american countries. Its not just India which is good at dilution of currency and driving its growth based on export led economy.

Several other countries including some of the ones in east Europe, south east asia and south american are following suit.

And BTW macroeconomic factors are not the only reasons one should stay away from township projects. But the legal structure of those projects is fundamentally different and not really in favor of the buyers. Land is usually taken on lease, and technically flats are also on lease. Anyways I am not going to rant anymore against the builder otherwise he will call the police and lock me up under some section of IT Act :bab (45):

Boss entire Noida is on lease...

It has never happened in the world that Gov takes back land after the expiry of lease...

when in India...even illegal slums are regularized before elections...why genuine buyers should bother about such things

In any case...one cant plan on what will happen to their 3rd/4th generation
    CommentQuote
  • Amanora and Megapolis is built on leasehold land....not Blue Ridge....do your research before posting on this thread.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fnln510
    I believe you are correct that with MiVan once the walls are built (out of poured concrete), it is not possible to make changes that involve taking down walls. That is why before the walls were cast in our flat, we requested that the wall between our kitchen and living area be made from brick so it can be taken down / modified later and also we requested a minor change in a wall between the entrance area and living room.

In addition to your list above I was also thinking of getting a water filter installed and recessed lighting (false ceiling), but don't know if false ceiling will be possible with MiVan.

Did the builder agree to putting up a brick wall instead of the regular concrete one? When I had spoken to the builder about this (April 2012), they said absolutely no changes could be made in the walls. We had to accept the walls as they were.
    CommentQuote
  • I visited BR on Saturday & the Hinjewadi road expansion has started. They have added around 2 lanes after demolishing unauthorized properties. Same has been done on the Dange road. Since it was Saturday, it took me 10 minutes from BR to the Rajiv Gandhi Bridge. Could be a different story if you commute during peak hours.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    SEZ benefits will stop for everyplace in India...so where will companies shift ? Vietnam ? Please book your home there...

It seems some critical points have been missed.
    SEZ are preferred by cos as they get tax benefits, which in turn helps them pay more to employees by parting with fraction of the money saved & can also afford to expand in high priced RE. Once SEZ benefits are gone, current locations may not be lucrative & even if they don't leave, surely further development goes under cloud. The builders are targeting Pune thinking that IT cos will continue to expand like they did in past. This will not happen then, & then imagine the no. of vacant flats, which are already high in the city. And to cut sentiments, there is no need to go to Vietnam, even shifting to places like Nashik is enough to get rid of RE appreciation in Pune !! :D
    But reality is, Indian cos are now looking for places outside India, just the way US cos were looking outside US decade back as sakelkar rightly said.

To give you simple eg., the RE prices of land drastically fell in Wagholi once Videocon's SEZ was scrapped. Other eg. is of Pune's PROPOSED airport, where land prices go up where it is announced & fall when it is shifted elsewhere. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BR2012
    Did the builder agree to putting up a brick wall instead of the regular concrete one? When I had spoken to the builder about this (April 2012), they said absolutely no changes could be made in the walls. We had to accept the walls as they were.

My suggestion is not to have an open kitchen. The BR layout is not appropriate for an open kitchen due to poor acoustics. The apt will get too noisy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    It seems some critical points have been missed.
    SEZ are preferred by cos as they get tax benefits, which in turn helps them pay more to employees by parting with fraction of the money saved & can also afford to expand in high priced RE. Once SEZ benefits are gone, current locations may not be lucrative & even if they don't leave, surely further development goes under cloud. The builders are targeting Pune thinking that IT cos will continue to expand like they did in past. This will not happen then, & then imagine the no. of vacant flats, which are already high in the city. And to cut sentiments, there is no need to go to Vietnam, even shifting to places like Nashik is enough to get rid of RE appreciation in Pune !! :D
    But reality is, Indian cos are now looking for places outside India, just the way US cos were looking outside US decade back as sakelkar rightly said.

To give you simple eg., the RE prices of land drastically fell in Wagholi once Videocon's SEZ was scrapped. Other eg. is of Pune's PROPOSED airport, where land prices go up where it is announced & fall when it is shifted elsewhere. :D

So happy to see you similing in anticipiation :D

Dont want to argue further as I think both of us understand what each other is saying...+ these things are like electorn in quantam physics where no one can predict somehting with certanity...only we can talk of multiple postions with probabilities

I guess none of us argue on existense of probable scenarions but obviosuly our views differ on probablities ...that is the basic of any market (demand & supply)...and that is why someone buys BR and someon sells (or decides to not buy in Pune but buys in Nashik)
    CommentQuote

I am being told that India-REIT is pulling out of their equity position BR SEZ.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    My suggestion is not to have an open kitchen. The BR layout is not appropriate for an open kitchen due to poor acoustics. The apt will get too noisy.

I have recently booked 5BHK in tower 10 and the builder has agreed to merge master bedroom with adjoining smaller one
    CommentQuote
  • Has anyone visited the convenience store recently? Is it functioning well?
    CommentQuote