Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3919 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    All BR buildings have "service elevators".
    They are larger at least on paper.


    OK. so that means builder is willing to take hit 0.001% on his profit. Still no confirmation about free fall arrester mechanism.

    Anyways I am not BR fan.so I do not care..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sakelkar
    Nothing personal against BR customers.

    Part of the reason this is required is that none of the townships falls within PMC limits. Partly due to geographical location and partly due to their vastness they could not be anyway near current PMC or PCMC city limits.

    So without such arrangement these townships would not have been viable. I am surprised that customers are coming to know about water supply arrangement only now:bab (59):

    Like Lavasa, these townships are sucking water much upstream by dealing directly with Krishna Valley Corporation via collectorate and MH state irrigation department. Townships are going to suck water for golf course and water sports like the one NC at the cost of less water for PMC/PCMC areas.


    That is not entirely true. Even though BR does not fall under PMC or PCMC, they are still entitled to water supply, just that they will have to buy it from the Muncipality, in this case PCMC. They already have that as the backup plan in case if the water treatment plants fail or for some reason the river Mula dries up (very unlikely but possible in case of a state wide drought).

    I do agree with you that customers typically do not ask questions about water arrangements at the time of booking. But now, I would suggest everyone to inquire about water arrangements before booking anywhere. Pune's water crisis is a serious issue & we are already facing extended water cuts in many areas.

    As far as BR residents are concerned, I would appeal everyone to inquire more about the water quality. I have been told that the water at BR has been certified safe for drinking. But I would want to see the reports myself & I'm also planning to conduct a test myself after we move.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    That is not entirely true. Even though BR does not fall under PMC or PCMC, they are still entitled to water supply, just that they will have to buy it from the Muncipality, in this case PCMC. They already have that as the backup plan in case if the water treatment plants fail or for some reason the river Mula dries up (very unlikely but possible in case of a state wide drought).

    I do agree with you that customers typically do not ask questions about water arrangements at the time of booking. But now, I would suggest everyone to inquire about water arrangements before booking anywhere. Pune's water crisis is a serious issue & we are already facing extended water cuts in many areas.

    As far as BR residents are concerned, I would appeal everyone to inquire more about the water quality. I have been told that the water at BR has been certified safe for drinking. But I would want to see the reports myself & I'm also planning to conduct a test myself after we move.


    Good to see constrcutive people like you on the IREF

    otherwise this site is only hooked on rates, launches etc

    No one tries to go deeper on smaller but crucial aspects which make a society livable

    Things like water, power back-up, fire safety, lifts etc should be discussed first before we discuss rates
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012

    As far as BR residents are concerned, I would appeal everyone to inquire more about the water quality. I have been told that the water at BR has been certified safe for drinking. But I would want to see the reports myself & I'm also planning to conduct a test myself after we move.


    Yes ,Both the quality and quantity (sufficiency) of water supply are very inportant for the residents.

    Every builder promises water availabilty verbally but I am yet to see a builder who has committed this in writing either in Agreement or otherwise.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Good to see constrcutive people like you on the IREF

    otherwise this site is only hooked on rates, launches etc

    No one tries to go deeper on smaller but crucial aspects which make a society livable

    Things like water, power back-up, fire safety, lifts etc should be discussed first before we discuss rates


    Don't forget security, kid-friendly environment, pollution-free (though that will take few years as currently because of the construction, there is some pollution if your tower is near the construction zone).

    But for any society to succeed, it is equally important that the residents follow the necessary rules and discipline. In the place where I currently live on rent, ours is a ground floor flat with attached terrace and almost everyday I see trash in our terrace garden. I jokingly told the owner to install a surveillance camera facing the building balconies.
    CommentQuote
  • Capitalism can make millionaires but can not make some1 civil....thats a very tough ask and doesnt happen eaisly

    Pune is still better than NCR where richer means less civic
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anotherITguy
    Well - tried looking through the maps, there is some sort of the road that connects sus road to Phase 3. Has anyone tried that out - what is the condition of the road. I feel for phase 3, even that road might make more sense than getting stuck up in the traffic at Hinjewadi.



    It is a single lane road.. But the condition is decently good.. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sakelkar

    Anyways I am not BR fan.so I do not care..



    I guess some folks come here just to throw bricks at builders and investors.
    Sir Sakelkar, go ahead have a shot at it ;)
    Keyboard shots neither mean nor cost anything to anyone !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper
    I guess some folks come here just to throw bricks at builders and investors.
    Sir Sakelkar, go ahead have a shot at it ;)
    Keyboard shots neither mean nor cost anything to anyone !


    When you are so convinced about your judgment then why bother taking the discussion at individual level.

    and BTW if you think that I am throwing bricks by trying to understand whether elevators at BR have free fall arrester then that is your judgement. What I wanted to know more is that as I understand BR is touted to be the flagship project of that builder. Considering the subpar quality of construction being done by him in other projects in Pune, I really wanted to know whether BR at least is equipped with all things latest.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sakelkar
    I really wanted to know whether BR at least is equipped with all things latest.


    Every question is a fair game.

    BUT
    brick throwing is palpable when the answer is met with statements such as.....

    "I am not BR fan, so I do not care"
    "OK. so that means builder is willing to take hit 0.001% on his profit."

    I will end my response here.
    No hard feelings ;).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sakelkar
    Considering the subpar quality of construction being done by him in other projects in Pune, I really wanted to know whether BR at least is equipped with all things latest.


    Can you name the project you feel has subpar quality??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by UncleScrooge
    Can you name the project you feel has subpar quality??



    Again Subpar is subjective. Below is my criterion for subpar

    1> Concrete podium level. Forget it being smooth even the level is not proper allowing water clogging.
    2> Reverse level for kitchen platform. Water instead of going into kitchen sink flows in the reverse direction
    3> Window fitting, frames. Third class quality and zero workmanship.
    4> Dado tiles quality used and workmanship. Third class workmanship.
    5> Leakage from exterior walls.
    6> Internal concealed electrical wiring.
    7> List goes on

    Pls check yourself for any of the aspects in any of the projects in Baner/Bavdhan/Kothrud

    The reason for this is that construction is so much contracted and recursively sub-contracted further that quality goes for a toss. This builder is running a franchisee business. Cashing on his name. :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sakelkar
    Again Subpar is subjective. Below is my criterion for subpar

    1> Concrete podium level. Forget it being smooth even the level is not proper allowing water clogging.
    2> Reverse level for kitchen platform. Water instead of going into kitchen sink flows in the reverse direction
    3> Window fitting, frames. Third class quality and zero workmanship.
    4> Dado tiles quality used and workmanship. Third class workmanship.
    5> Leakage from exterior walls.
    6> Internal concealed electrical wiring.
    7> List goes on

    Pls check yourself for any of the aspects in any of the projects in Baner/Bavdhan/Kothrud

    The reason for this is that construction is so much contracted and recursively sub-contracted further that quality goes for a toss. This builder is running a franchisee business. Cashing on his name. :bab (59):


    I myself have stayed in one of their Baner project and can say their construction quality is much better than what you normally get in Pune. Agreed there are issues but you cannot straightaway call them subpar. Issues mentioned by you may be in one or tow societies but not everywhere. Most of their projects have good architecture which is a huge plus.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sakelkar
    Again Subpar is subjective. Below is my criterion for subpar

    1> Concrete podium level. Forget it being smooth even the level is not proper allowing water clogging.
    2> Reverse level for kitchen platform. Water instead of going into kitchen sink flows in the reverse direction
    3> Window fitting, frames. Third class quality and zero workmanship.
    4> Dado tiles quality used and workmanship. Third class workmanship.
    5> Leakage from exterior walls.
    6> Internal concealed electrical wiring.
    7> List goes on

    Pls check yourself for any of the aspects in any of the projects in Baner/Bavdhan/Kothrud

    The reason for this is that construction is so much contracted and recursively sub-contracted further that quality goes for a toss. This builder is running a franchisee business. Cashing on his name. :bab (59):

    You say you are not interested in BR but you spend so much time on this thread...

    To me it looks like sour grape case...

    If BR is subpar...then god save rest of the projects in Pune/India

    Words come free...but try using judiciously so that people can take you serious
    CommentQuote
  • Let's not get too personal on this forum. It is good to hear the pros and cons of Paranjape Schemes but please refrain from attacking fellow members and bad mouthing the builder based on the experience at a different site.

    I haven't got possession of my apt at BR, so I cannot speak to the quality of the work but has anyone visited any of the completed buildings or spoken to other residents? I was planning on doing it next week to get a feel of what is in store for me during possession. I have already spoken to the office and was told that any problems will be corrected after possession. So I'm working on the list of items to check. If anyone already has such a list, then please share it with members.
    CommentQuote