Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    I would not like kids from school to run around and watch golf intead of attending their academic classes

So from bear point of view this is a negetive for the project

If my kids leave the campus, then we have a major security flaw with the school that will need to be addressed by the school management.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Superduper

Eventually, If that central area turns into a regular garden or water-park or race-course or amusement park or something else more useful and profitable it won't hurt my feelings one bit.
    And Yaah....that area would still look just as open, green and pleasing from those apartments.

One more more useful and profitable idea comes to mind.
    With all the inputs provided on this thread about growing HJ and ever increasing jobs, one such possibility is .... BRWCMK !!!

Blue Ridge World Class Mangal Karyalaya..

With slogan -

Be a world citizen - Walk to marriage ;)

Leaving jokes aside, I do not find it a bad idea at all for Paranjape and will definitely be a value add for people in HJ or around to have such a magnificent garden setting for marriage. Premium can surely be charged :)
    CommentQuote
  • PNQ2012 : The possision dates you mentioned might be the ones told my BR folks but believe me these are not feasible or practical. If you go with past experiece, each building once it is completely built up to 25th Tower, i mean the structure, after that it has taken 12-14 months to start giving possession. like tower 12- 25th Floor was completed around Oct 2011 and possession has just started in Jan 2013. tower 14 - 25th floor completed around Feb 12 possession would start around Apr 13. Remember that these are 25 story towers and there is lot of work needed post that. In my opinion realistic dates would be as given below, i would advise you not tofall for the false promises which builder makes rather go with the past track record. they may say it is MIVAN and things get constructed much faster but at least till now they have not. they may say that things were difficult initially because of new Township policy and complications and recessions etc. but believe me things are still the same and would be the same.

Towers 5,6 - Aug 2013 onwards ( almost 50% work done post 25th floor completion)
    Tower 7,8 - May 2014 onwards (25th floor completed but basement slab not completed )
    Towers 9,10,11 - Oct 2014 onwards
    Tower 12 - Ongoing. Possession process started in Jan 13. No possession giving in Oct 12, if someone told this then its just a marketting gimmic. I would love to speak to someone who got the possession in Oct12.
    Towers 13 & 14 - around March 31st, 2013.
    Towers 18,19 - Not launched yet
    Towers 20,21,22,23 - Proposed completion Dec 2014, actual would be around Q3-Q4 2016 i.e around Dec'16 to Mar'17. If you are thinking it as too pessimistic at present come back to this same page every year and by Dec 2014, you may start seeing it as more realistic :)

All dates I mentioned above are realistic and time would prove me right. These are based on my personal assessment. I have been following this project completion status for last three years.

The project is really good but buyer should be aware of realistic possession timelines to make an informed decision. I bought a flat based on promised dates and had taken into account 1 years delay which was like 50% of the overall duration promised to me. Mine is delayed by over 2 years now. I made lot of adjustments, delaying buying decision of household stuff, shifting rental places, compromising on living standards etc.

Some of my other observations are as below:

1. First and foremost, in any project generally the open area as per FSI is avaiable to the flat buyers. But in case of BR maximum open area is converted into a golf course, resident also have to take membership of this 2lakhs for 10 years, this was at launch would have increased considerably now. This considerably reduces the open area availabl to a general resident who does not opt for this membership. So BR may apear to be SPRAWLING but just on adverts, that area is not for general resident. How many of us play golf seriously, i would like my kids to play normal games rather than watch people playing golf.

2. Even though the quality of fittings used is top notch but the workmanship is pathetic. Current residents complain of leaking pipes, water logging in bathoom becuase of improper slope, hollow tiles, issues with electrical wiring etc.

3. The children play area is too small compared to the number of residents or size of the township.

4. Maintenace charge is too high and current vendor is not providing good service. there are service requests pending since months and things are not repaired. For e.g. Lobby lights are not repaired for almost two months as CFLs are not in stock. I dont mind paying a decent amount for maintenance but I expect to get services in return.

5. Builder changed the plan for tower 1 to 4. On the ground floor space was reserved for common areas like TT room, library, carrom room etc. This has been converted to 2 BHK, 2 in each tower. and these facilities have been moved to the club house. Looks like Parnjpae is getting a little greedy.

6. There is cost cutting in new towers compared to old ones. For e.g. The bathroom wash basin in Tower 1 -4 have a granite around it which is oval + an extended arm till on of the walls, kind of horizontal P shaped if you can impagine. In the new towers this is just the oval, the extended arm is removed. Another example the kitchen in old tower have provision for exhaust fan, not there in new towers, now peope may use chimneys and this might not matter but it is cost cutting anyway. There may be others which are not visible.

7. You can only use Tata Sky, Tata Docomo for landlin and Internet. Not a major issues but still you need to know.
    CommentQuote
  • Good to see a realistic and end buyer picture after a looong time on this thread. Most other posts have been marketing like to say the least :bab (45):

Regarding possession dates -
    Apart from construction speed, which can vary based on size of buildings, one important thing that is often forgotten is... sales.

Unless sales happen, and happen at price point expected, things are delayed even if technology allows faster construction

A few of the examples of chindigiri (you were nice when you thought builder was just being greedy) were hilarious ;)

This applies to most of RE. But sadly, it also applies to the scheme that is supposedly housing world citizen so

Sadly, most people want to ignore simple but ground level items and are in love with golf, which actually is a negative as it takes away something from residents :( Thanks for bringing these up. If these observations come from those who have not bought in BR, it is not taken in right spirit. Good to see some genuine and candid feedback from a fellow buyer.

Look forward to more such posts from genuine buyers/analyzers as they are useful to all of us (whether buying in BR or not) :)

Originally Posted by Blue Ridge
    PNQ2012 : The possision dates you mentioned might be the ones told my BR folks but believe me these are not feasible or practical. If you go with past experiece, each building once it is completely built up to 25th Tower, i mean the structure, after that it has taken 12-14 months to start giving possession. like tower 12- 25th Floor was completed around Oct 2011 and possession has just started in Jan 2013. tower 14 - 25th floor completed around Feb 12 possession would start around Apr 13. Remember that these are 25 story towers and there is lot of work needed post that. In my opinion realistic dates would be as given below, i would advise you not tofall for the false promises which builder makes rather go with the past track record. they may say it is MIVAN and things get constructed much faster but at least till now they have not. they may say that things were difficult initially because of new Township policy and complications and recessions etc. but believe me things are still the same and would be the same.

Towers 5,6 - Aug 2013 onwards ( almost 50% work done post 25th floor completion)
    Tower 7,8 - May 2014 onwards (25th floor completed but basement slab not completed )
    Towers 9,10,11 - Oct 2014 onwards
    Tower 12 - Ongoing. Possession process started in Jan 13. No possession giving in Oct 12, if someone told this then its just a marketting gimmic. I would love to speak to someone who got the possession in Oct12.
    Towers 13 & 14 - around March 31st, 2013.
    Towers 18,19 - Not launched yet
    Towers 20,21,22,23 - Proposed completion Dec 2014, actual would be around Q3-Q4 2016 i.e around Dec'16 to Mar'17. If you are thinking it as too pessimistic at present come back to this same page every year and by Dec 2014, you may start seeing it as more realistic :)

All dates I mentioned above are realistic and time would prove me right. These are based on my personal assessment. I have been following this project completion status for last three years.

The project is really good but buyer should be aware of realistic possession timelines to make an informed decision. I bought a flat based on promised dates and had taken into account 1 years delay which was like 50% of the overall duration promised to me. Mine is delayed by over 2 years now. I made lot of adjustments, delaying buying decision of household stuff, shifting rental places, compromising on living standards etc.

Some of my other observations are as below:

1. First and foremost, in any project generally the open area as per FSI is avaiable to the flat buyers. But in case of BR maximum open area is converted into a golf course, resident also have to take membership of this 2lakhs for 10 years, this was at launch would have increased considerably now. This considerably reduces the open area availabl to a general resident who does not opt for this membership. So BR may apear to be SPRAWLING but just on adverts, that area is not for general resident. How many of us play golf seriously, i would like my kids to play normal games rather than watch people playing golf.

2. Even though the quality of fittings used is top notch but the workmanship is pathetic. Current residents complain of leaking pipes, water logging in bathoom becuase of improper slope, hollow tiles, issues with electrical wiring etc.

3. The children play area is too small compared to the number of residents or size of the township.

4. Maintenace charge is too high and current vendor is not providing good service. there are service requests pending since months and things are not repaired. For e.g. Lobby lights are not repaired for almost two months as CFLs are not in stock. I dont mind paying a decent amount for maintenance but I expect to get services in return.

5. Builder changed the plan for tower 1 to 4. On the ground floor space was reserved for common areas like TT room, library, carrom room etc. This has been converted to 2 BHK, 2 in each tower. and these facilities have been moved to the club house. Looks like Parnjpae is getting a little greedy.

6. There is cost cutting in new towers compared to old ones. For e.g. The bathroom wash basin in Tower 1 -4 have a granite around it which is oval + an extended arm till on of the walls, kind of horizontal P shaped if you can impagine. In the new towers this is just the oval, the extended arm is removed. Another example the kitchen in old tower have provision for exhaust fan, not there in new towers, now peope may use chimneys and this might not matter but it is cost cutting anyway. There may be others which are not visible.

7. You can only use Tata Sky, Tata Docomo for landlin and Internet. Not a major issues but still you need to know.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_friend

Blue Ridge World Class Mangal Karyalaya..

With slogan -

Be a world citizen - Walk to marriage ;)

Leaving jokes aside, I do not find it a bad idea at all for Paranjape and will definitely be a value add for people in HJ or around to have such a magnificent garden setting for marriage. Premium can surely be charged :)

If marrying couple buys an apartment at BR....a 10 % discount will be applied to the wedding charges.

Don't forget that BR is going to put a temple next to the river.....if there are big weddings routinely.... can you imagine the revenue to the temple !

Moreover
    as part of the wedding package BR residents would be invited to party with every wedding in the central area.....just imagine the life at Blue Ridge....nonstop-parties .....now I can call it a real amenity :-)

A dead Golf-course doesn't come even close...to your lovely idea!
    CommentQuote
  • Good to see a realistic and end buyer picture after a looong time on this thread. Most other posts have been marketing like to say the least

+1 man. It is really good to see when posts come from real user than investors or salesrep where only good things are highlighted.

Blueridge,

:clap2: for your posts.
    The major point which struck me the most which will affect entire project is this :-

The other points of chindhi-giri are now being practised by builders across the board. There have been cases in on going projects that the bathroom partition height has been reduced to save on glass cost. What interesting sources of doing chindhigiri !!

Btw, here is what I wonder :-

If Paranjape can convert bungalow area to golf area, what is the guarantee that the golf area won't be converted into 22+ floor building in later phases ??
    According to Maharashtra Township policy, the FSI of the land can be used anywhere within the premises. Hence, now you see cramped spaces in towers & open in golf. If golf is out, wonder what will happen next.
    And by launching more & more of 1BR slim towers, I doubt whether these buyers will actually be the ones to play golf.

*PS:- The possession dates are different in just 2 posts of 2 different members. I trust Blue Ridge dates more as I am witness to Paranjape's Magnolia & Crystal Garden.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres

If golf is out, wonder what will happen next.

Btw, here is what I wonder :-

If Paranjape can convert bungalow area to golf area, what is the guarantee that the golf area won't be converted into 22+ floor building in later phases ??

Golf is not "out", its already IN.

Sir, FSI is used up by all planned towers and golf-course is almost built and the golf-club membership is for you to buy.

I have no inside information my friend but also you may put your concerns to rest....there WILL NOT be a 22 story building in the center.

Originally Posted by realacres

What interesting sources of doing chindhigiri !!

---giri is nothing new to our human mind-set....you know !
    That's precisely the reason one invests (early) with a reputed builder and expect the degree of ---giri to be predictably less.

That's all an early buyer can do.

If one goes for a ready product....one pays top $$ for "making sure".
    Not a bad idea either. If you ask me !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Blue Ridge
    PNQ2012 : The possision dates you mentioned might be the ones told my BR folks but believe me these are not feasible or practical. .

thanks for many details in your post...good to know for who bought ( they can try to do sth about it or at least be aware) ...who are planning to buy (will make more informed decision) and who will never buy ( they will have vicarious fun at perceived misery of others + long tounges)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Blue Ridge

5. Builder changed the plan for tower 1 to 4. On the ground floor space was reserved for common areas like TT room, library, carrom room etc.

these facilities have been moved to the club house.

Where is this club house ?

What else is there at the club house?
    CommentQuote
  • Lets not bring the argument of who has already brought/invested and who is sitting on the fence and who is making a mockery of those who have brought in the society.

I just have a basic question. This is a 135 acre plot and there are 23 towers planned in the inner area and i think 8 towers of studio and 1 BHK apartments.

For simplicity sake, lets put each tower at 25 floors and each floor has 4 apartments with 5/6 members (1-2 seniors / 2 adults / 2 kids).

The members of course are on the higher side when considering a studio or 1 BHK but that is more than compensated by 4/5 BHK households and lesser flats and floors considered.

So we have 4 members * 25 floors * 4 flats * 31 towers = 12,400 people who want to enjoy the quality life promised by BR (assuming the 2 adults are working to pay off the EMI)

And, if i see the revised plan withou the rowhouses and the golf area in place, these 12000 people will only have the podium, the cricket ground and the area near the river as free
    space.

The golf area takes up everything else. And there is only a walkway for those not wanting to play golf.

Please correct me if I am wrong but that seems hardly enough. With the original plan, there seemed enough space in the middle, now it is all being used to fill Paranjape's pockets in the name of the golf course.

I do not wish to bring down the investors who had invested early in the project looking at the plans at that time. It made sense. Now BR looks like another example of builders greed screwing up buyer's dream and squeezing out his hard earned money.

my 2 cents.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mit_mi

And, if i see the revised plan withou the rowhouses and the golf area in place, these 12000 people will only have the podium, the cricket ground and the area near the river as free
    space.

my 2 cents.

So how big is this " just XYZ area" ?...I have been to site so many times...for me this so called "Only " area near river + podium is more than most of the societies offer in Pune

No one would have roamed around private lanes of rowhouses (even if that was allowed) but with GC at least same space is visually consumed by people living in these big towers

spacing between towers + circular lay-outs ensure very decent privacy at balconies ( lack of sth I saw as an issue is most other projects I evaluated)

I dont want to become sales rep of BR by talking other positives ad nauseum

Just a small advice...dont be a virtual freak...go & visit the site...Im sure you will not find it to be cramped by any city's standards...most of the people I have visited before booking were like vow...what a place...and hence my decision...but that might be because of my background...being from a small city...BR surely looked like a premium/luxury project to me/us

you might find it otherwise and you are welcome for that too
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    So how big is this " just XYZ area" ?...I have been to site so many times...for me this so called "Only " area near river + podium is more than most of the societies offer in Pune

-- most societies wont have the no of people we are talking about in BR...what i am saying is that the 135 acres of land has been utilized to the max by the builder with the new plan for his profit instead of sticking to the original one which was somewhat in balance with ensuring a high quality of life for the residents ..

-- please also consider the increase in the no of people sharing the same amenties due to change in the plan from the villas to the new towers for studios and 1 BHKs

No one would have roamed around private lanes of rowhouses (even if that was allowed) but with GC at least same space is visually consumed by people living in these big towers

--- if i check the original layout ...there were waterways, paths, walkways which most residents could have utilized instead of just looking at those who play golf

spacing between towers + circular lay-outs ensure very decent privacy at balconies ( lack of sth I saw as an issue is most other projects I evaluated)

-- never in doubt of this one

I dont want to become sales rep of BR by talking other positives ad nauseum

Just a small advice...dont be a virtual freak...go & visit the site...

-- do not need to generalize. i been to BR almost once a year since the last 3 years ..and i have a motive to do so..

Im sure you will not find it to be cramped by any city's standards...most of the people I have visited before booking were like vow...what a place...and hence my decision...but that might be because of my background...being from a small city...BR surely looked like a premium/luxury project to me/us

-- no comments....i believe our backgrounds and most of us in the forums are pretty much the same.

-- it is a good project...but it was an even better one before...until they decided they will not earn enough by the villas and decided to utilize that by constructing more studio apartments and 1 BHKs ..shedding away the tag of being 'elite' which they had got by always charging a premium...

-- As I posted before...I understand those who brought with the original project plan..but with the new one I just wonder when people who book think of how/with how many are the amenties are going to be shared and whether that justifies the premium you pay on this project over others..

you might find it otherwise and you are welcome for that too

-- you are welcome for your point of view as well..
    CommentQuote
  • Good valid points by many critics and residents.

Blue Ridge, thanks for your email. Frankly, I never did any research on the completion dates and possession dates. I just relayed what I heard from BR staff and answered someone's query. Sorry, if I was wrong about some dates.

I'm also in a similar situation like you, where the delay has caused me lot of inconvenience. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do at this point. As a resident, I can only make things worth living. I have already had many discussions with the BR team and many times I have had them apologize and give excuses for the delay. I did come very close to canceling too but realized that there was no other project that was affordable and worth living.

If I have to criticize, my list is endless too. And I know that even after getting possession, everything will not be perfect. This is the case almost everywhere & yes you may come across a unique builder who is perfect.

However I will say that things change at BR. One thing I have observed is that BR management is aware of the issues & whenever I have spoken to the staff, they have shown professionalism. No where till now I have had a single experience where any of the staff members was rude. Same goes with the finances. Because of the delay, I have been able to dictate my payment terms with them and they have been very cooperative. In short, they accept their issues & are willing to work with us on them. Again, I'm not saying that others don't do that, but that is something which is hard to find in this world.

Anyways, to conclude, I still haven't found a valid reason to abort or cancel my booking. The place is livable & things will definitely improve in the coming years. I can only say that we, the BR residents, will have to make things work.
    CommentQuote
  • slightly off topic--I have booked 5BHK and paid nearly 50%-----how much money one will loose if one were to cancel booking--I have not done registration as yet..I am just wondering-- I do not want to cancel as yet...but I find the BR team extremely unhelpful--most builders are unhelpful anyways....they don't have any customer service...bit disappointed...thanks
    CommentQuote
  • I must say crazy guys...even Im chasing them to get some info on club...wanted to pay....but in spite of 3-4 calls...they didnt bother to come back
    CommentQuote