Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3896 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Thanks for comparing. I would also like if you can compare BR with Megapolis Premium.

Sorry, I am not interested in MP at all, that 99 year lease + MIDC land + legal cases put me off that project. To add to it, Kumar properties have NEVER ever delivered a project which is not delayed by atleast 1 year.

Originally Posted by realacres

As far as floor is concerned, in project like BR, higher the better as it also helps from shadows of nearby buildings.
    Only thing you need to be sure about is the lift coz if it gets screwed up then you end loosing atleast 1 kg of weight when you reach your flat on 25th floor.

To make clear decision, it depends upon the openings, location of nearby building etc. I have seen people pay premium for amenity facing flats & buy on 11th floor. Now from where can you see the amenities at first place on 11th floor unless you bend down ? :D

So see the location first & then decide the floor. And yes, also take into consideration any PROPOSED building, if any nearby.

Please check the image below:

As you can see in the image, I am considering 3 flats:
    1. Golf course view, lower floor, most area, most costly (1700 area X 5500 rate.. total about 105)
    2. Golf course view, medium floor (10-15), slightly lower area, 2nd most expensive (1500 area X 5650 rate ... total about 96)
    3. River view, Higher floor (above 20), same area as 2, least expensive ( 1500 area X 5500 rate... total about 93)

Which flat would you recommend? and why?

~D
    CommentQuote
  • Also, regarding concerns about lifts:

My house in Pune has 80+ flats and 1 automatic and 1 manual lift. Even with just these 2 lifts, society shuts one lift down to maintain costs low during the afternoons and operates 2 lifts only in mornings and evenings, and this seem to be sufficient and has not caused any delays.

I have lived in US with 250+ apartments in 35-40 storied buildings with 3 high speed lifts without significant wait times. The wait times happen rarely, and only during month ends when people are moving in or moving out of their rental homes and book an elevator early morning of evening. Again, not really significant, but slightly annoying. BR has 120 apartments and 3 lifts.

Finally, there were only 2 times in about 4 years when I had to walk down the 20+ floors due to fire alarms / transformer burns. I am quite okay with this kind of risk. Walking down is easy, walking back up KILLS. And trust me, I've tried it once to improve my stamina

~D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rendezvous

~D

Buddy

I liked the efforts you are putting in

Small advice...if you have already made your mind for BR and only wondering about the flat...pay a token money to block rates

It will be irony if they increase the rates while you are making a decision and that puts you off
    CommentQuote
  • The public choice is golf facing and that would drive the resale of this flat. And that is the precise reason why BR added$200 for the golf facing flats. However, I personally do not see the reason of this hype. I would personally pick river side for more natural beauty vs. man-made artificial; even if same price. my vote for #3.

Additionally, if you would see from your balcony there would be lush green area for almost a mile. That would not change as due to river no construction would pop-up immediate next.

Originally Posted by rendezvous
    Sorry, I am not interested in MP at all, that 99 year lease + MIDC land + legal cases put me off that project. To add to it, Kumar properties have NEVER ever delivered a project which is not delayed by atleast 1 year.

Please check the image below:

1. Golf course view, lower floor, most area, most costly (1700 area X 5500 rate.. total about 105)
    2. Golf course view, medium floor (10-15), slightly lower area, 2nd most expensive (1500 area X 5650 rate ... total about 96)
    3. River view, Higher floor (above 20), same area as 2, least expensive ( 1500 area X 5500 rate... total about 93)

~D
    CommentQuote
  • rendezvous

My vote would be #1.
    Simply because, over years, I have seen too many people eventually regretting not buying the biggest home (from available options) !

If you buy river facing one ( primarily for of view ) select the right floor to optimize the view as realacres Sir mentioned above.
    CommentQuote
    Also, regarding concerns about lifts:

My house in Pune has 80+ flats and 1 automatic and 1 manual lift. Even with just these 2 lifts, society shuts one lift down to maintain costs low during the afternoons and operates 2 lifts only in mornings and evenings, and this seem to be sufficient and has not caused any delays.

I would be surprised if 80 + flats (and I assume it is 10 or more floors) with 2 lifts does not lead to delays during peak hours.

It of course depends on definition of delay and how time crunched one is.

And if one of the lift is down for maintenance, does it work well ?

I have lived in US with 250+ apartments in 35-40 storied buildings with 3 high speed lifts without significant wait times. The wait times happen rarely, and only during month ends when people are moving in or moving out of their rental homes and book an elevator early morning of evening. Again, not really significant, but slightly annoying. BR has 120 apartments and 3 lifts.

In US, lifts are intelligent, well synchronized and high speed. Again, it depends on how time crunched you are going to be and usage pattern of others.

Finally, there were only 2 times in about 4 years when I had to walk down the 20+ floors due to fire alarms / transformer burns. I am quite okay with this kind of risk. Walking down is easy, walking back up KILLS. And trust me, I've tried it once to improve my stamina
    ~D

Just curious. This was in US or in Pune ?
    CommentQuote

~D

I would recommend a "river view" flat, simply because it will be more scenic than facing the golf course. Plus, you will get better sunlight for flats facing south. I won't be surprised if you don't get any sunshine for the golf facing flats. So if I have to choose from your options, then #3. But even better flat would be the side flat of tower 23 for more privacy. Otherwise, the windows on the west side of tower 22 will face tower 21.

Also, if you have funds, go for a 3 BHK, which would be tower 22, flats ending with 1 e.g. 601, 701 etc. The 2 BHKs are around 1016 sq. feet & the rooms are significantly smaller. Of course, you will lose the privacy factor, but it is not a huge deal. More area gets higher priority.

Hope that helps. Good luck !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pune_friend

Just curious. This was in US or in Pune ?

US of course. .. We dont have 30 storied buildings in Pune yet :-)
    I've walked the stairs of 11 stories of my Pune apartment, and that is not difficult for someone in reasonable shape.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    I would recommend a "river view" flat, simply because it will be more scenic than facing the golf course. Plus, you will get better sunlight for flats facing south. I won't be surprised if you don't get any sunshine for the golf facing flats. So if I have to choose from your options, then #3.

Thanks dude, appreciate your inputs. I was worried about too much sunshine on the south facing flats, especially during summer.

But even better flat would be the side flat of tower 23 for more privacy. Otherwise, the windows on the west side of tower 22 will face tower 21.

All 3 bhks there are sold out. If anything was available among those flats, it was a no brainer.

Also, if you have funds, go for a 3 BHK, which would be tower 22, flats ending with 1 e.g. 601, 701 etc. The 2 BHKs are around 1016 sq. feet & the rooms are significantly smaller. Of course, you will lose the privacy factor, but it is not a huge deal. More area gets higher priority.
    Hope that helps. Good luck !

Yes, going for 3 bhk. But funds only extend comfortably to 1500 sq ft 3 bhk. They also have 1700 sq ft 3 bhk, but I will have to squeeze in that extra 10L from somewhere, and I don't want to compromise on the fun I'm having right now.
    CommentQuote
    I was worried about too much sunshine on the south facing flats, especially during summer.

On this point I would worry more about west facing wall/windows (especially on higher floors) and comparatively less for south facing.
    CommentQuote
  • I would pick none of these. My preference will be extreme left flat where you mentioned 3. This will give more space on left as no highrise is seen there (check for future though) & it will give partial view of golf as well as complete view of river. Here you can even buy on lower floors, saw on floor rise cost & still be getting better sunlight & privacy as no building on side (left side) & river on back. This is though based on my assumption that this flat is also 3 BR.

Coming to floor plan, what I disliked is despite having 4 flats/floor in towers like 22, only 1 side is open. This not only means improper sunlight but bad air ventilation too. Despite high rates, why did builder have common walls all across the flat ?? So much cost cutting due to common walls. :o This is surely a let down for me though.

Last but not the least, you said about 3 lifts/building. If I am right, of 3, 1 is stretcher/goods lift. This means essentially there will be only 2 lifts for entire tower, right ?

And man, please don't compare US/Japan/Dubai lifts with India. I can list lot of differences in it - First hand experience. Just ensure that proper back up is there, & check the speed of lift in mtr/min & weight carrying capacity (& not person).
    CommentQuote
  • Of the available options I would go with option1. Simply because for me what distinguishes BR is Golf Course. Spectacular GC view combined with higher area makes it a good deal. For me River facing though not bad gives a lonely feel. As I understand it is river followed by a lot of barren land. At some point I would be bored with the same view each day. For GC facing side I anticipate more people/ more activity. I would also think it will help in quicker resale should you decide to sell it.

While discussing floors, I believe since there are multiple levels of parking below, the first floor starts higher than normal. So a 5th floor on paper may be slightly higher compared to other towers. When talking with the sales team they mentioned that the 1st floor at BR is as high as 3rd floor for avg buildings Any feedback on this from people who have actually had a look at those towers.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the response RA. Your view always helps provide a different perspective.

Originally Posted by realacres
    I would pick none of these. My preference will be extreme left flat where you mentioned 3.

All of those flats are sold out. There is a chance that one of the flats on higher floor will be cancelled, and I have put my name on wait list there.

Coming to floor plan, what I disliked is despite having 4 flats/floor in towers like 22, only 1 side is open.

No, only 1 wall is common. Rest 3 sides are open. Partial view is blocked due to the 2 bhks, but none the less, the wall is not common. There are two balconies on the south side, and one kitchen dry balcony on the north side. North side has kitchen and 1 bedroom and both have windows.

Last but not the least, you said about 3 lifts/building. If I am right, of 3, 1 is stretcher/goods lift. This means essentially there will be only 2 lifts for entire tower, right ?

The way I understand is that the goods lift is usually the one with wider doors and more height. All 3 lifts would be operational.

And man, please don't compare US/Japan/Dubai lifts with India. I can list lot of differences in it - First hand experience. Just ensure that proper back up is there, & check the speed of lift in mtr/min & weight carrying capacity (& not person).

Makes sense, I will get this checked with the existing towers. If the lifts are slow, I will pick the lower floor flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks everyone for your inputs. I have booked one of the flats, but I can change it based on the arguments and logic I hear, so please keep your inputs coming in. Thanks so much again, really appreciate it!
    CommentQuote
  • Congrats !!

Now onwards all your sesnsible points will be discarded dubbing you as sales person :-)
    CommentQuote