Collapse

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 1 week ago
4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Need a contractor for interiors - any suggestions?

Hi - I have a flat in tower 12 which I hope to get possession of in the next couple of months. I'm looking to do some basic interiors like kitchen cabinets install fans, geysers etc. Can anyone please recommend a good handyman, contractor/ carpenter that can handle these things? I'm assuming folks in towers 1-4 who have taken possession would have some experience with this.

Please respond to this thread or pm me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by avadhoot
      -----
      Thanks.

I have a 3 BHK (with 3 bathrooms) that is getting ready at BR. Can someone provide me a rough estimate for the basic amenities that are necessary for making the apartment livable.

I'm considering the following items as the basic necessities. This is what I could think of. Please do recommend if I missed anything. I'm not listing the light fixtures for now as that should be straight-forward.

- A/C in the living/dining area
      - A/C in Master Bedroom & Children's room, but optional as I really do not know if we would need it.
      - Water heater in each bathroom. I'm not sure if there is any concept of having a central water heater that will provide hot water to all places, including kitchen.
      - Ceiling fan in living room, master bedroom, guest bedroom, children's room, kitchen
      - Exhaust fans in each bathroom & kitchen

We have already fitted the windows with mosquito nets.

We are also considering having an open kitchen i.e. breaking the kitchen wall & either putting an island or just a opening with two level counter top. However, I have been told that the wall cannot be broken because of Mivan technology limitation. Can someone please confirm that?

Would welcome any other suggestions.
      Last edited by realacres; October 26 2012, 11:07 PM. Reason: deleted contact details

Comment

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post

We are also considering having an open kitchen i.e. breaking the kitchen wall & either putting an island or just a opening with two level counter top. However, I have been told that the wall cannot be broken because of Mivan technology limitation. Can someone please .
        I believe you are correct that with MiVan once the walls are built (out of poured concrete), it is not possible to make changes that involve taking down walls. That is why before the walls were cast in our flat, we requested that the wall between our kitchen and living area be made from brick so it can be taken down / modified later and also we requested a minor change in a wall between the entrance area and living room.

In addition to your list above I was also thinking of getting a water filter installed and recessed lighting (false ceiling), but don't know if false ceiling will be possible with MiVan.

Comment

Can I suggest one more thing.

Its good that, you are thinking of doing some interior before you get possession. You will have flexibility here instead of doing interior after everything is done.

Invite interior designer to visit the house. Don't mind paying him Rs. 200 or Rs. 500 as visiting fee but you will definitely get some good ideas as they are professionally trained and by experience, they will suggest something which will be useful 5 years down the line.

Thanks,
          Avadhoot

Comment

When interior designer who is Architect, talks to site engineer, it makes a different impression than buyer. Generally, site engineers are more considerate to Architects than buyer as they are in same field.

Don't know about how site engineer of Blue Ridge will allow to make changes, but why don't you give a shot? You have nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by avadhoot View Post
              Can I suggest one more thing.

Its good that, you are thinking of doing some interior before you get possession. You will have flexibility here instead of doing interior after everything is done.

Invite interior designer to visit the house. Don't mind paying him Rs. 200 or Rs. 500 as visiting fee but you will definitely get some good ideas as they are professionally trained and by experience, they will suggest something which will be useful 5 years down the line.

Thanks,
              Avadhoot
              That's a great idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I actually know an interior designer. I will check with him.

Comment

Please make sure that, the interior designer you is an Architect and not the one who has done some course.

Architects spend 5 years learning basic aesthetic, color and usability skills. The design made by an Architect turned interior designer will be more practical and long lasting.You can check with Architect that I suggested.
                Last edited by avadhoot; October 22 2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

FC Barcelona set to launch camps in Jaipur, Pune and Vadodara

http://arunfoot..in/2012/10/fc-barce...-camps-in.html

Pune - November 7 – 11: Blue Ridge International School, Hinjewadi

===

good to see BR organizing such things...I think Amanora is very regular on such events

Comment

latest snaps

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...66055141528929

anyone know what discount BR is offering on occasion of paranjpe schemes completing 25 yrs as they have advt in papers...has anyone inquired

Comment

Hi,

I want to but a 3 BHK in Blue ridge. What is the current PSF rate?

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X