Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: August 7 2017
4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
    But the biggest threat to us is air pollution. And consumers tend to ignore this. Simple example is - area around Karve road. The rate/sq. feet is between 10,000 & 15,000. According to Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, Karve road is the most polluted area in Pune. Add noise pollution to it. Find me a nice spot in that area to go for a walk. Those who seriously go out for a walk, do that everyday & if that is the case, then you want a clean environment to do so. Unfortunately, walking is not on your priority list.
    I am not claiming that I am either a fan or anti-fan of any of the areas (karve rd or BR or whatever) but.

do they have pollution and noise numbers for the road starting from highway all the way in hj ?

In each locality, there will be lanes and by lanes that may be green and secluded even today despite all the traffic on main road

Any locality that has pre-defined layout with identified roads, community areas etc. is a potential candidate for remaining in good share despite development all around. It is not necessary that it has to be a fancy township. And btw, one can not take a walk in golf course even if one has paid money for membership. So use whatever else is left for walk
    Last edited by pune_friend; December 21 2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
      But the biggest threat to us is air pollution. And consumers tend to ignore this. Simple example is - area around Karve road. The rate/sq. feet is between 10,000 & 15,000. According to Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, Karve road is the most polluted area in Pune. Add noise pollution to it. Find me a nice spot in that area to go for a walk. Those who seriously go out for a walk, do that everyday & if that is the case, then you want a clean environment to do so. Unfortunately, walking is not on your priority list.
      Well, no need to go further, read from horse's mouth ->

Here's an address most would love to have.A penthouse that boasts amazing interiors,stunning terrace-garden,swimming pool and all this located right in the heart of the city on Bhandarkar Road.
      The residence of Shashank Paranjape,one of the leading names among high-end homemakers,is a coveted and spacious place."The most special aspect of this home is the fact that it was built in 1995 and at that point,the concept of a terrace garden and swimming pool in a penthouse was radically novel.I have memories of people coming home to take a closer look at its architectural and conceptual innovation,"says Amit,his son.

The Paranjapes' residence is located in the prime-most area,Deccan Gymkhana,and is yet peacefully nestled emanating serenity and panache.

Read more with photos (not from BR )

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/...2&publabel=TOI

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by Superduper; December 21 2012, 05:22 AM.

Comment

no doubt Bhandarkar road & Prabhat road is the best place to live but how many of us can afford

also not sure if many detracters of BR have ever visted that else a childish statement that since one cant walk in GF there is hardly any other space left

Please go and see already built lay-out yourself specially walk area on river bed...plantation is going on in entire area including podiums

in fact plantation & landscpae of Megapolis is even better than BR and easily matching to Mahindra Woods in wakad

Comment

Originally posted by pune_friend View Post
            I am not claiming that I am either a fan or anti-fan of any of the areas (karve rd or BR or whatever) but.

do they have pollution and noise numbers for the road starting from highway all the way in hj ?

In each locality, there will be lanes and by lanes that may be green and secluded even today despite all the traffic on main road

Any locality that has pre-defined layout with identified roads, community areas etc. is a potential candidate for remaining in good share despite development all around. It is not necessary that it has to be a fancy township. And btw, one can not take a walk in golf course even if one has paid money for membership. So use whatever else is left for walk
            You have probably not visited BR or haven't looked at the layout. BR is secluded from the main Hinjewadi road & the traffic. That was my concern too when I booked the flat but the place is extremely quiet except for the construction within the area. Fortunately, the construction sites are far away from the completed towers & that won't be a lingering problem like Pune traffic.

Firstly, I did not book at BR for the golf course. I already gave my reasons in previous threads. In any case, you don't need to use the golf course to walk - there will be a separate track for jogging and walking. And even if that is not made available, there is ample space to walk on the podiums above the parking lots or by the river area.

It is interesting that people (not specifically you, pune_friend) find reasons to bad mouth BR. I welcome opinions, pros and cons of living in BR but based on some responses, I see that they are personal attacks either on BR or Paranjape Schemes. My point is - show me a project similar to BR at an affordable rate in a better location & I will be willing to take a look at it. There may be few in areas like Aundh or Baner but possibly at high rates. I have many relatives who live in the city and have expensive properties but whenever I visit them, I cannot escape the chaos on the roads and the pollution. Those are some of the reasons that made me look elsewhere. Plus, I don't live for daily socializing. Those days are over for me. With kids growing up, we want to concentrate more on them & socialize on weekends.

Comment

After reading so many posts, ek baat to jarur bata sakta hu.

Forget about future, present of many fancy townships seems to be hinging on things like golf

It does not matter whether golf is my life or not. But it surely is lifeline of these fancy townships. If there is no golf, world is going to end for them

My latest discovery from all these posts is - roti, kapada aur makaan are no longer basic needs of a human being!!

those are -

"stolen" water and "paid" golf
              Superb thought process. Another discovery expected from your brain is - making calls and sending SMS are no longer the basic features of a phone.

those are -

"stolen" features and "paid apps

Comment

"stolen" water and "paid" golf
                Why stolen ?

Comment

I bought a flat in BR around 2.5 years back. My main consideration at that time was my office commute. This was after I used to spend 20-30 minutes in hinjewadi traffic even when I was on the bike. Enough was enough, I decided and went for it.

Now when I look back at it, things have changed. I got admission in a MBA school, spent 2 years there and now am back at work - not in Pune, but in Hyderabad. But would I have done anything differently? No!

Even at that time, everyone kept talking about the RE bubble and how rates are too high.

In Hyderabad I live in a society which is quite similar to BR. It does not have a golf course or a boat club but it has everything else that one can ask for. Every time a friend visits me, he falls in love with the society and asks if there are any vacancy and they can move in there. In the evening the kids create a din in the society playing around in the parks. The whole atmosphere feels so lively. I can imagine that happening very easily in BR given the kind of township it is.

Just wanted to share my positive feelings. Gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                    no doubt Bhandarkar road & Prabhat road is the best place to live but how many of us can afford
                    It is not about affordability. It was in response to some other posts talking about some central areas having lot of pollution and people were wondering why one should pay certain rate which is higher than BR (and instead not opting for BR ??).

Basic thing is - BR and these other areas are two different locations. I am sure Paranjape himself also goes for a walk and looks for a green cover. And sees lots of other benefit of staying where he is. So there is no need to compare and conclude why people pay certain rate at a certain location solely based on a few (misunderstood) points. This is not to justify or criticize any scheme in central area or BR.

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
                    also not sure if many detracters of BR have ever visted that else a childish statement that since one cant walk in GF there is hardly any other space left

lease go and see already built lay-out yourself specially walk area on river bed...plantation is going on in entire area including podiums
                    Even a 3 acre scheme can have a walking area. There can be common roads that may have better walkway than a 1000 acre scheme.

If 100+ acres scheme does not have walking facility, then which scheme will have it?

Point was - large amount of golf course area which is being talked about so much (in BR or any scheme) is not usable for walking. So lets not confuse amount of walking area available to be in proportion to 100+ acres.

After building 25 storey towers and not having freely available common central area for all residents, if there is some good arrangement for walking, there is no surprise. It's good. Or it is great. Who is saying it is not !! It does not make anyone detractor of a scheme.

And who knows, other people who are writing on this forum and thread may be more knowledgeable about state of things in BR (or whichever schemes/areas they express their views about). So let's not make assumptions and call people detractors just like that
                    Last edited by pune_friend; December 22 2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Why do we think it should take hours of traveling ? If connectivity is done well, it should not take more than 5 to 20 minutes to reach HJ office from any part of (at least West) Pune.

It is being kept in pathetic state exactly for the same reason. That new people are influenced to consider HJ and nearby areas.
                      so you mean paranjape is not letting connectivity to get developed so that BR sells more than yutikha and model colony project? avinash bhosale has some interest in not getting connectivity done cause he want to sell megapolis so bad that he is ready to sacrifice all the gains proper connectivity will bring to other area??

if things were done properly we wouldn't have corruption, crime and high re rates. i am talking about ground reality not some utopian dream and how how can profit from reality instead of waiting for some saviour to come down from heaven or some village in maharashtra and solve our problems

Hero, you seem to know a lot about current and future of RE in HJ. At times your posts look to be done when you have just come out of meeting with people for whom pune RE in general and HJ in particular is multi-million $ business (no offense meant !!)

So why did PS decide to put paid golf course in place of original open area/bungalows. Which one of the following is strongest reason of the two reasons ?

- Flats not selling. Can't sell bungalows. So better play with FSI to survive i.e. age old tactic of changing plan.

- Competition from upcoming planned townships around including lodha (which would use golf as one of the marketing mantra)

Which one, seriously, is the strongest, for tons of post about golf cropping up in BR forum, which never had the word golf till a few years back
                      No one is going to buy bungalows surrounded by 22 tall buildings so the original plan was a non-starter. its pure business isnt it. u cant charge lakhs for a garden membership but u can charge lakhs for a golf membership.

I used to work in hinjewadi for 5 yrs and have stayed in pune for 30 yrs and have spent my youth in and around aundh and baner so know these places better than most but i am not part of any scheme/organisation trying to sell hinjewadi and BR and if the data and my analysis changes I wont shy away from saying HJ and BR are no longer good investments.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X