Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Collapse
X
Collapse

Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

    Originally posted by herohiralal View Post
    so you mean paranjape is not letting connectivity to get developed so that BR sells more than yutikha and model colony project? avinash bhosale has some interest in not getting connectivity done cause he want to sell megapolis so bad that he is ready to sacrifice all the gains proper connectivity will bring to other area??

    if things were done properly we wouldn't have corruption, crime and high re rates. i am talking about ground reality not some utopian dream and how how can profit from reality instead of waiting for some saviour to come down from heaven or some village in maharashtra and solve our problems
    My post quoted in bold the words from your post that are repeated again below.

    people who work in Hinjewadi can save hrs travelling by staying in BR so there are lot of things going in favor of BR.

    Now responding to your post.
    No. It is not about PS or AB not letting things happen. It is about picking an area with one thing (jobs in this case) and planning money making RE business around it. It is not PS or AB to start with, but a much different set of people including those who take decisions about setting up such business hubs (e.g. it park), have control to provide/not provide/defer infra, take policy decisions etc. about much larger territory, which is pune/pcmc etc.

    RE (like many other businesses), is a combination of opportunity creation, grabbing, pricing and control. It involves relative pricing so controlling development/pricing/connectivity of other areas is a critical factor.

    You need some key element which will make people come to a location that was a barren land to begin with. In this case, it/bt park was a very valid and a good reason.

    Next, you need to make people shift here. This is not so easy.
    - First is jobs/companies - You give tax breaks, fsi and other incentives, so they come. They do crib about infra, but if you provide them as good/little less infra compared to what they may be able to get at competitive locations (across india), they will come. Infra around can remain bad for a while. Its ok.

    Most challenging is to make people shift to new place as their residence where no one has been living before. Now things become interesting

    Those who want to rent out, would do it at any place that works best for them. And closest to work may be a good option for them depending on phase of life, whether all members work in same area and other aspects. For them, BR or similar schemes may be a boon. But those are not the people who would buy house, so count those out as you are an investor and would be finally looking to sell your house to someone at latest highest asking price.

    There may be investors who are always driven by vision and will to make money rather than need to live. So they will anyway not shift there (they may even be owning home and living in area which now has high noise and pollution levels ). So count them out.

    Not everyone who works in HJ is outsider. Many may already own a home in pune/pcmc areas. Count those out.


    Those who are new to city or need to buy new home (as paternal one has outgrown the need or for individual freedom), would consider all the options that are feasible. In developed countries, people travel miles and miles to their workplace. In mumbai, people travel hours (not that these always represent good lifestyle but this is true).

    It is not always possible to find best match of area where you want to live (as your home), job location of all members in family and it's change from time to time, school of your liking/interest/budget, kind of social surrounding, kind of infrastructure, (noise and pollution level, quality of water ) etc.

    So essentially, home buying (or even deciding not to buy a specific one) is a compromise on some things. Many may opt to buy where it is closer/connected to their existing roots or where they feel comfortable in a new city. They may compromise on some things and accept some travel time/hassle as one of those.


    Leaving aside many other aspects to avoid making this a huge post. But if one could live where one wants to, can work out all other aspects around and spend acceptable amount of daily traveling time to and fro without any danger/risk to life, then one would not mind not living away from BR or Magarpatta or Talawade or Chakan or whichever is the job hub for the person.

    If travel becomes manageable, what pressing reason would a person have to buy home close/in the job hub ?

    Even after 10+ years of existence and thousands of acres of land acquisition, things remain worst for lakhs of people and people do not think they love the location of their work. Some of the things that clearly contradict (i can understand for municipality but even for midc etc.)

    - It is possible to acquire 1000s of acres of land despite protests (google search maangaon protests). It is not possible to do so for patch of 2 kms ?

    - It is possible to plan (and hopefully implement ) "chakachak" 100+ acres' townships. And tons of them are doable. But business hub of 1000s of acres with lakhs of people working and generating billions of tax revenue can not be planned properly ? Do we really lack architecture capabilities or something else is cooking ?


    - Fly overs can be implemented where not needed for private township that does not have any jobs, but nothing can be implemented for continuous, smooth plying of lakhs of job going people ??


    - For lakhs of people, all you can have are tumtums or cabs ? For high paying white collar job workers (whom everyone wants to sell home/education/gadgets at high prices), can't there be sustainable, eco-friendly and reasonably priced transport ?


    - Add to all - finally, how many home units are going to be built in HJ so that distance is walkable - say 20K or 30K (well i don't know the numbers so correct as needed) ?

    Why all the fuss to attract people to own their own home for end living purposes just so that builders can make money and investors can book profit for such a small number of residences

    This location is best suited for houses to be given on rent at affordable price (mix of value for money, decent living and service apt kind of renting). Mixing high density job hub with small % of pure end use residences may make sense for builder and investors.

    But it does not make sense for most end buyers, if they have other alternatives.


    Originally posted by herohiralal View Post
    No one is going to buy bungalows surrounded by 22 tall buildings so the original plan was a non-starter. its pure business isnt it. u cant charge lakhs for a garden membership but u can charge lakhs for a golf membership.
    Thanks for your candid views. At least no one will call me out as detractor as it came from you.

    It sure may be beneficial to builder, but what is the use to end users. These end users did not buy at BR for resort-like living (as some nearby scheme advertises). Now they are trapped into confused identity of their scheme that is neither resort-like nor basic (as in existing old set areas)


    Originally posted by herohiralal View Post
    I used to work in hinjewadi for 5 yrs and have stayed in pune for 30 yrs and have spent my youth in and around aundh and baner so know these places better than most but i am not part of any scheme/organisation trying to sell hinjewadi and BR and if the data and my analysis changes I wont shy away from saying HJ and BR are no longer good investments.
    That's why I mentioned in my earlier post - no offense meant !!

    With cartel marketing and relative pricing, valuation of any city/area can be increased. With business and life of so many people/companies from top to bottom tied to sentiment about pune in general and their locations of interest in particular, any thing can happen in terms of asking price.

    Anyone who is an investor, can use vision and take a call End buyer sure needs to be watchful.

    In business, there can be profit or loss. Till now, RE business is being manipulated so that it defies above common sense.

    But who knows, what is in store tomorrow. Throw dice based on your own call

    Comment


    • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

      Originally posted by pune_friend View Post

      But who knows, what is in store tomorrow. Throw dice based on your own call
      Freind Ji,

      FYI
      A large percentage of people who are actually living ( not investors ) at BR right-now have nothing to do with the IT offices in Hinjewadi.
      They have chosen to live there because of reasons OTHER than proximity to work.
      In most cases they have moved away from their work in order to live at BR !

      Due to crumbling infrastructure from incompetent government and horror stories of some dishonest developers...
      whenever there's a believable promise (from a reputed developer) of quality construction, good infrastructure, clean water-air, good school, amenities, shopping, clubs etc.... enough people
      agree to pay current market-rate (of "so-called" developed areas) and wait few years !

      Add proximity to a large work area and a metro to above mix and you have got the winning soup.

      Simple enough..!

      Every well-financed and competent ( and also not so well-financed or intentioned ) developer knows this. Add a bit of political push/connection and developers have a win win formula !

      What's equaly simple is.......what happens with investors...
      If development concludes as promised (better than promised in BR's case).....there are even more affording young families willing to pay (by now "above" market rate)......... due to being fed up with hopeless infrastructure and facilities where they currently live in most cases...and simply wanting an upgrade (as they see fit) in some cases.

      Its as simple as that...!

      I don't mean to imply that no project with the "winning formula" can ever fail. But at the same token, due to factors mentioned above, the developer and investors have to be extraordinarily unlucky or stupid and dishonest for it to not work-out in their favor given long-term.

      And certainly success in this case is not nearly as complicated as your above post (#781) implies.
      ..........
      ..........
      Last edited by Superduper; December 23 2012, 07:17 PM.

      Comment


      • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

        Originally posted by pune_friend View Post
        My post quoted in bold the words from your post that are repeated again below.

        people who work in Hinjewadi can save hrs travelling by staying in BR so there are lot of things going in favor of BR.

        Now responding to your post.
        No. It is not about PS or AB not letting things happen. It is about picking an area with one thing (jobs in this case) and planning money making RE business around it. It is not PS or AB to start with, but a much different set of people including those who take decisions about setting up such business hubs (e.g. it park), have control to provide/not provide/defer infra, take policy decisions etc. about much larger territory, which is pune/pcmc etc.

        RE (like many other businesses), is a combination of opportunity creation, grabbing, pricing and control. It involves relative pricing so controlling development/pricing/connectivity of other areas is a critical factor.

        You need some key element which will make people come to a location that was a barren land to begin with. In this case, it/bt park was a very valid and a good reason.

        Next, you need to make people shift here. This is not so easy.
        - First is jobs/companies - You give tax breaks, fsi and other incentives, so they come. They do crib about infra, but if you provide them as good/little less infra compared to what they may be able to get at competitive locations (across india), they will come. Infra around can remain bad for a while. Its ok.

        Most challenging is to make people shift to new place as their residence where no one has been living before. Now things become interesting

        Those who want to rent out, would do it at any place that works best for them. And closest to work may be a good option for them depending on phase of life, whether all members work in same area and other aspects. For them, BR or similar schemes may be a boon. But those are not the people who would buy house, so count those out as you are an investor and would be finally looking to sell your house to someone at latest highest asking price.

        There may be investors who are always driven by vision and will to make money rather than need to live. So they will anyway not shift there (they may even be owning home and living in area which now has high noise and pollution levels ). So count them out.

        Not everyone who works in HJ is outsider. Many may already own a home in pune/pcmc areas. Count those out.


        Those who are new to city or need to buy new home (as paternal one has outgrown the need or for individual freedom), would consider all the options that are feasible. In developed countries, people travel miles and miles to their workplace. In mumbai, people travel hours (not that these always represent good lifestyle but this is true).

        It is not always possible to find best match of area where you want to live (as your home), job location of all members in family and it's change from time to time, school of your liking/interest/budget, kind of social surrounding, kind of infrastructure, (noise and pollution level, quality of water ) etc.

        So essentially, home buying (or even deciding not to buy a specific one) is a compromise on some things. Many may opt to buy where it is closer/connected to their existing roots or where they feel comfortable in a new city. They may compromise on some things and accept some travel time/hassle as one of those.


        Leaving aside many other aspects to avoid making this a huge post. But if one could live where one wants to, can work out all other aspects around and spend acceptable amount of daily traveling time to and fro without any danger/risk to life, then one would not mind not living away from BR or Magarpatta or Talawade or Chakan or whichever is the job hub for the person.

        If travel becomes manageable, what pressing reason would a person have to buy home close/in the job hub ?

        Even after 10+ years of existence and thousands of acres of land acquisition, things remain worst for lakhs of people and people do not think they love the location of their work. Some of the things that clearly contradict (i can understand for municipality but even for midc etc.)

        - It is possible to acquire 1000s of acres of land despite protests (google search maangaon protests). It is not possible to do so for patch of 2 kms ?

        - It is possible to plan (and hopefully implement ) "chakachak" 100+ acres' townships. And tons of them are doable. But business hub of 1000s of acres with lakhs of people working and generating billions of tax revenue can not be planned properly ? Do we really lack architecture capabilities or something else is cooking ?


        - Fly overs can be implemented where not needed for private township that does not have any jobs, but nothing can be implemented for continuous, smooth plying of lakhs of job going people ??


        - For lakhs of people, all you can have are tumtums or cabs ? For high paying white collar job workers (whom everyone wants to sell home/education/gadgets at high prices), can't there be sustainable, eco-friendly and reasonably priced transport ?


        - Add to all - finally, how many home units are going to be built in HJ so that distance is walkable - say 20K or 30K (well i don't know the numbers so correct as needed) ?

        Why all the fuss to attract people to own their own home for end living purposes just so that builders can make money and investors can book profit for such a small number of residences

        This location is best suited for houses to be given on rent at affordable price (mix of value for money, decent living and service apt kind of renting). Mixing high density job hub with small % of pure end use residences may make sense for builder and investors.

        But it does not make sense for most end buyers, if they have other alternatives.



        Thanks for your candid views. At least no one will call me out as detractor as it came from you.

        It sure may be beneficial to builder, but what is the use to end users. These end users did not buy at BR for resort-like living (as some nearby scheme advertises). Now they are trapped into confused identity of their scheme that is neither resort-like nor basic (as in existing old set areas)




        That's why I mentioned in my earlier post - no offense meant !!

        With cartel marketing and relative pricing, valuation of any city/area can be increased. With business and life of so many people/companies from top to bottom tied to sentiment about pune in general and their locations of interest in particular, any thing can happen in terms of asking price.

        Anyone who is an investor, can use vision and take a call End buyer sure needs to be watchful.

        In business, there can be profit or loss. Till now, RE business is being manipulated so that it defies above common sense.

        But who knows, what is in store tomorrow. Throw dice based on your own call
        You said
        In developed countries, people travel miles and miles to their workplace. In mumbai, people travel hours (not that these always represent good lifestyle but this is true).

        My Answer
        They travel miles because of cheaper prices than city. Currently at BR you are already getting cheaper prices than city. You have to note down one fact - Everywhere else, city has jobs and people have residences at outskirt. At Pune, jobs are at outskirt (hinjewadi) and people are thinking of why to live in Pune when job is in Hinjewadi and RE prices are lower at hinjewadi and no pollution.

        You said
        If travel becomes manageable, what pressing reason would a person have to buy home close/in the job hub ?

        My Answer
        Clean area, no littering, people with civic sense, no noise/air pollution. All advantages of gated community. Add one more advantage of proximity to office. Why would anybody stay anywhere else?

        You said
        For lakhs of people, all you can have are tumtums or cabs ? For high paying white collar job workers (whom everyone wants to sell home/education/gadgets at high prices), can't there be sustainable, eco-friendly and reasonably priced transport ?

        My Question
        Aren't employers providing transport for employees? If they aren't then I guess it is a serious business opportunity.

        You said
        - Add to all - finally, how many home units are going to be built in HJ so that distance is walkable - say 20K or 30K (well i don't know the numbers so correct as needed) ?

        My Answer
        Around 70K people work at Hinjewadi. So 30K apartment at walkable distance (within radius of 6 KM) is very good achievement.

        You have also cribbed about pathetic implementation of public infrastructure and good implementation of private infrastructure.
        My Answer - That is story of Indian democracy. To change it, a lot more effort is required.

        Comment


        • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

          I think BR is going to be very good township...all the people criticising it..I have only one thing to say...the grapes are sour....if you can not afford to buy at the prices the builder is demanding go find some other projects...I don,t care if my statement offends anyone...at end of the day if I am getting all the facilities and secured envirment as promised by builder...as very good finished product as shown in the show home 5 bhk flats....I am happy with it...so all the people who do not own a flat in BR or can not afford to own one stop criticising it...let the people already booked a flat or want to book a flat come and post in this thread..end of story...

          Comment


          • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

            Originally posted by suamuni View Post
            I think BR is going to be very good township...all the people criticising it..I have only one thing to say...the grapes are sour....if you can not afford to buy at the prices the builder is demanding go find some other projects...I don,t care if my statement offends anyone...at end of the day if I am getting all the facilities and secured envirment as promised by builder...as very good finished product as shown in the show home 5 bhk flats....I am happy with it...so all the people who do not own a flat in BR or can not afford to own one stop criticising it...let the people already booked a flat or want to book a flat come and post in this thread..end of story...
            Suamuni and Singhania Saab,

            I have another explanation for what's going on here....

            Success of BR violates long held (almost religious) views of many on how real-estate market is suppose to behave.

            Faced with reality, they come out with long drown explanations for why what's already happening is just not suppose to happen.

            Massive long-term success of BR is (and will remain) an eye-sore for too many.

            Similarly...
            Right now there is debate unfolding here in US on gay marriage.
            The conservatives who oppose it openly admit that successful married gays violate their long held image of what a marriage is suppose to be.
            They can't some how accept reality and keep coming out with various explanation from scriptures and so on....

            Guys..... verbiage by some (and brick-throwing by others) will not change the fact that carpet is being pulled from underneath !

            If what I am saying above is not right........then....
            You are right, grapes are sour may be the only explanation left.
            Last edited by Superduper; December 24 2012, 08:46 AM.

            Comment


            • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

              Suamuni,

              What customization have you ordered ?

              I have told them to...
              add all provisional electrical out-lets,
              make all out-lets universal ( US and India ),
              increase height of the kitchen platform to let dish-washer fit.
              add plumbing-electricals for the dish-washer,
              take out sink from the hallway,
              replace all regular windows with mosquito-mesh once (this one is relatively expensive),
              add wired-internet facility in every room,
              add glass door-partition in every shower without tub.

              Suamuni, since you have just booked your apt. may be you have not had chance to think of changes.
              You should look into above list and more before its too late.

              Please suggest further changes if you can think of any.

              Comment


              • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                Originally posted by Superduper View Post
                Suamuni,

                What customization have you ordered ?

                I have told them to...
                add all provisional electrical out-lets,
                make all out-lets universal ( US and India ),
                increase height of the kitchen platform to let dish-washer fit.
                add plumbing-electricals for the dish-washer,
                take out sink from the hallway,
                replace all regular windows with mosquito-mesh once (this one is relatively expensive),
                add wired-internet facility in every room,
                add glass door-partition in every shower without tub.

                Suamuni, since you have just booked your apt. may be you have not had chance to think of changes.
                You should look into above list and more before its too late.

                Please suggest further changes if you can think of any.
                Thanks for the suggestion super duper,I will definitely think about them...I have already requested to merge bedroom 5 and 4....,but changes you requested seems good..I will definitely request those as well..thank you again.

                Comment


                • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                  Friends,

                  How much would a golf facing flat (about 11 sqft) cost incl all charges?

                  Comment


                  • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                    Superduper,

                    You may be right in your world but couple of facts need to be brought to the fore.

                    1. Area like Thane is much more developed with lot less clutter than the approach Road to Hinjewadi.

                    2. Its still a decade away for Place like Hinjewadi and Township like BR to become comparable to place like Thane. FYI, Pl check on Lodha Luxuria / Vasant Lawns for better comparison

                    Hope this gives some perspective for comparison.



                    Originally posted by Superduper View Post
                    Uncle Ji,
                    You are right..
                    If one considers some project around Mumbai and Blue Ridge to be an fundamentally different(like most people do), comparing them is a futile exersice.

                    But if we step back and take a look at them from a distance...and see both of them in the same light...we find.....
                    In Mumbai-area projects "the law of diminishing return" hits really hard.
                    In Mumbai-area the product is for 4 times the price and is usually of 1/4th the quality (and Sq-feet) as compared to Blue Ridge.
                    I am talking about quality of neighborhood, school, planned-amenities, traffic, noise, pollution, cost of living, weather ....and so on and on.

                    Again I repeat my first sentence.
                    If one considers some project around Mumbai and Blue Ridge to be different like India and USA are, there is no point in comparing them.
                    They both bring different strengths and weaknesses on the table.

                    Comment


                    • Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

                      Originally posted by pune_friend View Post

                      Leaving aside many other aspects to avoid making this a huge post. But if one could live where one wants to, can work out all other aspects around and spend acceptable amount of daily traveling time to and fro without any danger/risk to life, then one would not mind not living away from BR or Magarpatta or Talawade or Chakan or whichever is the job hub for the person.

                      If travel becomes manageable, what pressing reason would a person have to buy home close/in the job hub ?
                      this is the utopian dream i was referring to in my reply if indian system could get these things right then indian labor cost would not have a advantage over US or european labor cost and we would have had a hinjewadi
                      by the time all the things u have mentioned above come true the city limits would have increased further

                      Even after 10+ years of existence and thousands of acres of land acquisition, things remain worst for lakhs of people and people do not think they love the location of their work. Some of the things that clearly contradict (i can understand for municipality but even for midc etc.)

                      - It is possible to acquire 1000s of acres of land despite protests (google search maangaon protests). It is not possible to do so for patch of 2 kms ?

                      - It is possible to plan (and hopefully implement ) "chakachak" 100+ acres' townships. And tons of them are doable. But business hub of 1000s of acres with lakhs of people working and generating billions of tax revenue can not be planned properly ? Do we really lack architecture capabilities or something else is cooking ?


                      - Fly overs can be implemented where not needed for private township that does not have any jobs, but nothing can be implemented for continuous, smooth plying of lakhs of job going people ??


                      - For lakhs of people, all you can have are tumtums or cabs ? For high paying white collar job workers (whom everyone wants to sell home/education/gadgets at high prices), can't there be sustainable, eco-friendly and reasonably priced transport ?


                      - Add to all - finally, how many home units are going to be built in HJ so that distance is walkable - say 20K or 30K (well i don't know the numbers so correct as needed) ?
                      this is the classic eg of public vs private ownership. leave something to the govt - roads, electricity, water - and we have a shortage but let the private sector produce it and we have excess and people have choice - cars, cell phones, clothes, food

                      Why all the fuss to attract people to own their own home for end living purposes just so that builders can make money and investors can book profit for such a small number of residences

                      This location is best suited for houses to be given on rent at affordable price (mix of value for money, decent living and service apt kind of renting). Mixing high density job hub with small % of pure end use residences may make sense for builder and investors.

                      But it does not make sense for most end buyers, if they have other alternatives.

                      u will be suprised how fast the social infra gets in place (its done by citizens and not by govt) as compared to physical infra. people are not buying in BR or MP to make builder happy. there are investors and there are end users. investors know the potential, they have seen dhanukar colony which came around cummins industries. they know about pimpri chinchwad which came around auto sector.


                      It sure may be beneficial to builder, but what is the use to end users. These end users did not buy at BR for resort-like living (as some nearby scheme advertises). Now they are trapped into confused identity of their scheme that is neither resort-like nor basic (as in existing old set areas)

                      i think the only people who are trapped are the people who haven't had the vision to buy in BR in 2009 when there was a discount being offered. a golf course is just a green patch. there is no resort. if the golf course becomes a flop it will be changed to a normal garden.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X