Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
3885 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by suamuni
    Thanks for your reply- what does it say in your agreement...we have booked in same tower so I am hope they won't keep my flat under construction whilst you are given possession...

Dec 2013...!

I guess they plan to make a special case out of you !
    They must really like you !
    Ha Ha !

Jokes aside........based on your post, now I know my flat completion date too.
    I am not going to bother asking them why they are delaying it by a year.
    I am too cynical.
    Sorry !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suamuni
    Thanks for your reply- what does it say in your agreement...we have booked in same tower so I am hope they won't keep my flat under construction whilst you are given possession...

Originally Posted by Superduper
    Dec 2013...!

I guess they plan to make a special case out of you !
    They must really like you !
    Ha Ha !

Jokes aside........based on your post, now I know my flat completion date too.
    I am not going to bother asking them why they are delaying it by a year.
    I am too cynical.
    Sorry !

I really doubt if it is Dec 2014. I just visited BR and your tower floors are all complete. I don't think it should take them 2 years for interiors unless they are delaying your towers and giving priority to towers 5,6,7 & 8.

If your agreement says Dec 2013 & if it gets delayed, then you should request compensation for the delay. Typically, other builders offer rent for every month of delay.
    CommentQuote
  • heard that registration for new twoers will happen in April...will get mailers this week itself
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Typically, other builders offer rent for every month of delay.

On which planet does this happen? :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Propleo
    Agree, that was the first thing I also noted . These things are not a show stopper in making the purchase decision but pinches you little bit after . With 25 floors , grills on windows is a must especially when you have Kids at home.

Ideally they should have put grills for each flat or alternatively they should allow people to put grills from outside with design prescribed by them so that elevation is consistent

We are planning to buy a 2BHK in tower 21 on higher level and 2 kids in my house we where very hessitated to buy on higher floor but we had no option since nothing is available on the lower level. Here is what I came up with to protect kids from having any accidents.

PLANT POT HOLDERS. If you place it without any space between the each pot all over the railing of the balcony then kids won't have any space to lean over. If you have a little monster like mine then plant cactus in the pot :bab (59):

Other option installing SAFETY NET. It's transperant so won't block view+Mosquitos out and kids in.

Hope this helps... Any other ideas??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mansa123
    Here is what I came up with to protect kids from having any accidents.

PLANT POT HOLDERS. If you place it without any space between the each pot all over the railing of the balcony then kids won't have any space to lean over. If you have a little monster like mine then plant cactus in the pot :bab (59):

this is what we call dhamakedar entry of Hero in Hindi movies :-)

welcome to IREF
    CommentQuote
    I really doubt if it is Dec 2014. I just visited BR and your tower floors are all complete. I don't think it should take them 2 years for interiors unless they are delaying your towers and giving priority to towers 5,6,7 & 8.

If your agreement says Dec 2013 & if it gets delayed, then you should request compensation for the delay. Typically, other builders offer rent for every month of delay.

Do u have any example of the builders giving rent for the delays ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dhankool
    Do u have any example of the builders giving rent for the delays ?

Amit Enterprises for Sereno (their new project Baner) & I do remember reading about some other reputed builder (don't remember). But this is a new trend. This should be legalized & enforced upon the builders.
    CommentQuote
  • For those who are concerned about possession getting pushed by a year, you may want to take a look at the agreement. In my agreement, it specifically says that if the possession is delayed beyond the promised date, then the purchaser has the right to terminate the contract. In that case, BR will have to pay back the paid amount with 9% annual interest. It can be used as a negotiating clause as I'm not sure how much percentage amount have people paid. But say for e.g. if someone has paid 50L over a period of say 2 years, then the builder will have to pay back an additional 9L INR which is definitely going to be more than paying rent.
    CommentQuote
    For those who are concerned about possession getting pushed by a year, you may want to take a look at the agreement. In my agreement, it specifically says that if the possession is delayed beyond the promised date, then the purchaser has the right to terminate the contract. In that case, BR will have to pay back the paid amount with 9% annual interest. It can be used as a negotiating clause as I'm not sure how much percentage amount have people paid. But say for e.g. if someone has paid 50L over a period of say 2 years, then the builder will have to pay back an additional 9L INR which is definitely going to be more than paying rent.

As I undertsand if you go for 9% clause, you have to cancell the booking, while in case of Rental payment penaty, you get rental payment for delayed months + the Flat.

In addition, most of the builders mention 9% per annum for the period after promised deivery date and not from the date of payment. So you may practically get absolutely nothing by cancelling it. In case of cancellation, you may also not get back Services taxes/stamp duty/VAT back from the builder and may have to run behind govt agencies.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    heard that registration for new twoers will happen in April...will get mailers this week itself

Hi Baruch,

I have bought a apartment in T20, but havent got any email for registeration. Did u get it?

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Someone from BR told me last week that letters are being dispatched but didnt hear so far
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Baruch
    Someone from BR told me last week that letters are being dispatched but didnt hear so far

ok Thanks, I just called up them and they say that the registration will be in June . I told them that if we do the registration in June we will have to pay 50K extra (the new tax) and they say that Shreekant sir is working on it and this is all they know till now.

I am a bit skeptic on why are they taking so much time, one of my friends had booked in last October and he was told that the registration will be in Jan and now they have delayed it till June...this is really bad. One more thing that i see is that the rates are also not increasing (not sure if delay in registration and stagnancy of rates are related)

Anyone please provide some insights if you have

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anksss
    One more thing that i see is that the rates are also not increasing (not sure if delay in registration and stagnancy of rates are related)

Anyone please provide some insights if you have

Thanks

And why are you worried that the rates are not increasing??..how much do you think the area is worth - 10,000/sq.ft or 100000 /sq ft ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Indian28
    And why are you worried that the rates are not increasing??..how much do you think the area is worth - 10,000/sq.ft or 100000 /sq ft ?

:) I wish it would be worth that....The only reason I was worried is because the rates of Megapolis and LR have increased multiple times since November last year and BR has not increased any. I am not in India and this being my first home, you are always cautious...Secondly there is a delay in registration and there is no good reason given for it...it was supposed to be in November last year and now we are nearly 6 months delayed..isnt it something to think on
    CommentQuote