4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by Baruch View Post
    Not sure why this fuss about paying golf membership

Do we understand the cost involved in maintaining one

A lot of residents won't like to pay the rumning costs if they are not using it

Plus more the price better it is ... Helps in maintaining the exclusivity

You don't want 200 people doing Kapal Bharti just because they have free access
    BR residents have lost unrestricted access to roads, facilities in bungalow scheme area - for evening walk or some facilities which would have been common between towers and bungalow units.

For given number of units, I personally feel the amenity area is less for given population.

Comment

Not sure why this fuss about paying golf membership

Do we understand the cost involved in maintaining one

A lot of residents won't like to pay the rumning costs if they are not using it

Plus more the price better it is ... Helps in maintaining the exclusivity

You don't want 200 people doing Kapal Bharti just because they have free access
      +1

My idea of explaining was not to create fuss but just to ensure there is no misinformation for a prospective buyer. I am not suggesting if BR is good or bad basis the club membership fees or paid amenities.
      In my opinion too, paying for Golf making sense.

Comment

Has anyone created a pre-possession checklist to ensure that everything is in good shape prior to getting possession of your flat? I was planning on creating one and will be happy to share it once its done. But wanted to first check if there was one created.

Also, what would be a good way of sharing the checklist with everyone on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
          Has anyone created a pre-possession checklist to ensure that everything is in good shape prior to getting possession of your flat? I was planning on creating one and will be happy to share it once its done. But wanted to first check if there was one created.

Also, what would be a good way of sharing the checklist with everyone on this forum?
          Wonderful idea......!

I guess depending on the its length, you can just copy-paste your checklist between 2-3 posts right here for everyone to benefit from.

Once everyone can chew on it..we can expect a bunch of suggestions from all of us.

Comment

I agree about golf course that it enhances the ambiance & needs to be premium.
            But what's special about it then especially for flats which are non-golf facing ?
            And why pay premium for BR for golf ? Rather get better deal at Megapolis & come to BR to play golf . And when ITGs complain about less time to spend with family & hence prefer flats close to workplace, when will they have time to play golf ??

And comparing Delhi golf with Pune is bad idea. In Delhi, golf course is not for playing golf but informal meetings between businessmen, politicos & bureaucrats. First, Pune is neither Delhi nor Mumbai where big shots will come & more over at Hinjewadi is even more remote.

Pune already has 2 golfs, 1 at Yerwada & other by Oxford at Sus. The membership is open at Sus immediately. I can confirm this as my family doc is member of it.

Originally posted by Superduper View Post
            Wonderful idea......!

I guess depending on the its length, you can just copy-paste your checklist between 2-3 posts right here for everyone to benefit from.

Once everyone can chew on it..we can expect a bunch of suggestions from all of us.
            +1. This will be good idea.
            If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

And what are the charges at Oxford ?

Comment

And what are the charges at Oxford ?
                They start from 2.5-3L & for life membership it's more. Again, it also depends if you are going to use another amenities at the golf or just come there to play golf. If other amenities are going to be used like O Golf Resort, its cost is extra. There is also Golf academy there. The golf clubs also needs to be purchased by you. Don't know if they have alternate solutions for it. Still, if you are interested, whenever I meet up doc somewhere, I will get the details & let you know.

Btw, golf facing cottages were built but work halted midway as environment dept objected to it & hence the builders' plan to sell those flopped. Else there was option to buy gold facing cottages too. You may get details of contact person either from their HO at KP or just check in at Oxford Nissan if you happen to drive on this highway.
                If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                  But what's special about it then especially for flats which are non-golf facing ?
                  And why pay premium for BR for golf ? Rather get better deal at Megapolis & come to BR to play golf . And when ITGs complain about less time to spend with family & hence prefer flats close to workplace, when will they have time to play golf ??

And comparing Delhi golf with Pune is bad idea. In Delhi, golf course is not for playing golf but informal meetings between businessmen, politicos & bureaucrats. First, Pune is neither Delhi nor Mumbai where big shots will come & more over at Hinjewadi is even more remote.

Pune already has 2 golfs, 1 at Yerwada & other by Oxford at Sus. The membership is open at Sus immediately. I can confirm this as my family doc is member of it.

+1. This will be good idea.
                  The British left India in 1947 but left behind some ingenious ideas and thoughts for people to replicate..one of them that comes to my mind easily is "Divide & Rule"..first it was Hinjewadi and now it is Megapolis v/s Blue Ridge..

Comment

Thank You..

when ITGs complain about less time to spend with family & hence prefer flats close to workplace, when will they have time to play golf ??

I am not an expert but I share your views about the golf course.
                    While its very nice to look at the golf-course from those apartments....I am not sure how viable this Golf venture of Paranjape will be....More importantly what will be Paranjape's opportunity cost ?

Eventually, If that central area turns into a regular garden or water-park or race-course or amusement park or something else more useful and profitable it won't hurt my feelings one bit.
                    And Yaah....that area would still look just as open, green and pleasing from those apartments.
                    Last edited by Superduper; January 7 2013, 10:52 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary stuff

Comment

I visited one of the rear facing flats in tower 13 & actually liked the view because it faces the school and the cricket ground. There was some cricket tournament that was going on & it was fun to watch the action.

Also, I would rather watch the school kids running around than watch some golf.

As far as the view is concerned, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - so if BR thinks that you get a better view facing the golf course, it could be other way round for some folks.

Also regarding rate difference between golf facing & rear facing flats - I guess it depends on how you look at it, I see it as a discount for rear facing flats. The rate difference got implemented last year, otherwise it was the same rate for all flats. So for me, rear facing tenants get a discount of 300/sq.ft.

BR is a business just like other builders ABIL, KUL etc. Finally the question is - are you getting what you expect for the price you paid? If not, then look elsewhere.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X