Hi All ,

I hear that the Blue Ridge Phase II is not doing well. Anyone having any updates on this scheme? What is the possession date for phase II? Heard a lot of cancellations have been happening there any idea please update.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
3921 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • What is the rate blueridge now?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    What is the rate blueridge now?


    5100 river facing, 5400 Golf course facing

    Total package price list can be found here

    Blue Ridge Amenities | Golf Properties | Luxury Homes by Paranjape Schemes.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mansa123
    A couple of good articles on health risks of living near high voltage power lines:

    "http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/WSIHW000/35320/35323/336701.html?d=dmtHMSContent" - "The Bottom Line - Every day we encounter countless exposures. Some are harmful, some are beneficial and most are probably of no consequence at all. Deciding which to worry about enough to avoid is not easy, especially given the multiple sources of information and advice we all have. It may never be possible to say with absolute confidence that high-power voltage lines, or other common exposures, are harmless. But it should provide some comfort to know that there are researchers continuing to look into it and that some (though not all) of the best evidence shows no significant impact on health."

    "http://www.hps.org/hpspublications/articles/powerlines.html" -
    "In conclusion, there are no known health risks that have been conclusively demonstrated to be caused by living near high-voltage power lines. But science is unable to prove a negative, including whether low-level EMFs are completely risk free. Most scientists believe that exposure to the low-level EMFs near power lines is safe, but some scientists continue research to look for possible health risks associated with these fields. If there are any risks such as cancer associated with living near power lines, then it is clear that those risks are small."


    Good research and intersting articles. My personal view is that in real estate perception matters a lot. Though there may not be any conclusive evidence so far of having harmful effects of nearby high-volatge power lines, but people's general perception is that these may be harmful. Whether we like it or not Perception and hype plays a big role in real estate. For example , there is no conclusive evidence that south facing properties are bad but people perceive so and don't buy south facing properties (Though south facing properities in Karol Bagh and MG road in Delhi do thriving business and south of most big cities is most posh area). Hence, my point is that it is because of this perception there may be dificulty in selling/ renting the property in future. Personally, if I have other options I wont be very comfortable in putting my money in properties near hi-tension wires because of above reasons.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Propleo
    Good research and intersting articles. My personal view is that in real estate perception matters a lot. Though there may not be any conclusive evidence so far of having harmful effects of nearby high-volatge power lines, but people's general perception is that these may be harmful. Whether we like it or not Perception and hype plays a big role in real estate. For example , there is no conclusive evidence that south facing properties are bad but people perceive so and don't buy south facing properties (Though south facing properities in Karol Bagh and MG road in Delhi do thriving business and south of most big cities is most posh area). Hence, my point is that it is because of this perception there may be dificulty in selling/ renting the property in future. Personally, if I have other options I wont be very comfortable in putting my money in properties near hi-tension wires because of above reasons.


    Good points.

    Wonder now with the new bill to disclose everything, will builders be forced to mention high voltage lines too? Ideally, I would prefer seeing the brochures or the 3D views with other immovable properties. It is funny that whenever you see the brochures of these townships, all you see is greenery around.

    I also read somewhere that it is better for builders to get their properties booked before the construction begins or is near complete because even builders are not sure about what could come next to their property. The myworld baner - biogas plant is a good example. The 'Rutuparna Baner' is another example.
    CommentQuote
  • RE Bill

    Originally Posted by pnq2012
    Good points.

    Wonder now with the new bill to disclose everything, will builders be forced to mention high voltage lines too? Ideally, I would prefer seeing the brochures or the 3D views with other immovable properties. It is funny that whenever you see the brochures of these townships, all you see is greenery around.

    I also read somewhere that it is better for builders to get their properties booked before the construction begins or is near complete because even builders are not sure about what could come next to their property. The myworld baner - biogas plant is a good example. The 'Rutuparna Baner' is another example.


    RE bill is not a cure all formula for the ills of RE sector.
    It rather may be in the initial stages(at least), an additional bureaucratic barrier.
    Buyer has to do due diligence in fullest measure.
    CommentQuote
  • Extra charges for third track of sliding windows and doors

    Dear folks,

    I have a flat in T9 of BR. I was very surprised to know that they are giving just 2 tracks for sliding and when I requested quote for addiotional 3rd one they have quoted 390 /sqft just for the 3rd addional track which going to be frame and net only which is extremely unreasonable all three tracks for good annodised good gauge material come for less than 300 max with installation.

    Please let me know if you have been given 2 or 3 tracks and how much you paid for 3rd one in case...

    Best Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punepune
    Dear folks,

    I have a flat in T9 of BR. I was very surprised to know that they are giving just 2 tracks for sliding and when I requested quote for addiotional 3rd one they have quoted 390 /sqft just for the 3rd addional track which going to be frame and net only which is extremely unreasonable all three tracks for good annodised good gauge material come for less than 300 max with installation.

    Please let me know if you have been given 2 or 3 tracks and how much you paid for 3rd one in case...

    Best Regards



    From useability point of view:
    3 tracks are needed if you plan to open the window or door from both sides (left and right). otherwise, 2 tracks are good enough for operating from one side, mostly right-to left.
    CommentQuote
  • Has anybody, who has taken possession in Blue Ridge township especially in Towers T12 to T14, noticed that their apartments are having flooring with a prominent 2 to 3 mm gap between the vitrified tiles? This looks quite 'cheap', also these gaps will eventually turn black after a long use.

    On my rechecking, the sample apartments have the flooring without any gaps between the tiles which looks bit elegant.

    On enquiring, the site people mentioned this has been done according to specifications and the main advantage of having gaps is easy replacement of damaged tiles in future without damaging adjacent tiles.

    Any owner in Blue Ridge who has come across this from other towers too?
    Any preference should be given to a particular flooring type (I mean with or without gaps)?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SunAndSand
    Has anybody, who has taken possession in Blue Ridge township especially in Towers T12 to T14, noticed that their apartments are having flooring with a prominent 2 to 3 mm gap between the vitrified tiles? This looks quite 'cheap', also these gaps will eventually turn black after a long use.

    On my rechecking, the sample apartments have the flooring without any gaps between the tiles which looks bit elegant.

    On enquiring, the site people mentioned this has been done according to specifications and the main advantage of having gaps is easy replacement of damaged tiles in future without damaging adjacent tiles.

    Any owner in Blue Ridge who has come across this from other towers too?
    Any preference should be given to a particular flooring type (I mean with or without gaps)?


    As long as they put good quality cream/white grout in that 2-3mm gap, it should not turn black or loosen with the tiles over the years. The sample flat tiles looked ok with little gap.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SunAndSand
    Has anybody, who has taken possession in Blue Ridge township especially in Towers T12 to T14, noticed that their apartments are having flooring with a prominent 2 to 3 mm gap between the vitrified tiles? This looks quite 'cheap', also these gaps will eventually turn black after a long use.

    On my rechecking, the sample apartments have the flooring without any gaps between the tiles which looks bit elegant.

    On enquiring, the site people mentioned this has been done according to specifications and the main advantage of having gaps is easy replacement of damaged tiles in future without damaging adjacent tiles.

    Any owner in Blue Ridge who has come across this from other towers too?
    Any preference should be given to a particular flooring type (I mean with or without gaps)?


    It is interesting that you brought this up as I had noticed it too. I had done some research on this (googled it) and found that there is no proper standard. In my previous home, I only had tiles in the bathrooms and they had large gaps too. Based on my experience, expect gaps to develop between tiles, so keep some grout ready. I would have preferred a smaller gap too but now I have got used to it. Here is an article for reading:

    How Large Should Grout Lines Be?

    If you can change it, then go for smaller gaps.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SunAndSand
    Has anybody, who has taken possession in Blue Ridge township especially in Towers T12 to T14, noticed that their apartments are having flooring with a prominent 2 to 3 mm gap between the vitrified tiles? This looks quite 'cheap', also these gaps will eventually turn black after a long use.

    On my rechecking, the sample apartments have the flooring without any gaps between the tiles which looks bit elegant.

    On enquiring, the site people mentioned this has been done according to specifications and the main advantage of having gaps is easy replacement of damaged tiles in future without damaging adjacent tiles.

    Any owner in Blue Ridge who has come across this from other towers too?
    Any preference should be given to a particular flooring type (I mean with or without gaps)?



    Having gaps between vitrified tiles is a defect in build quality and not of any advantage if projected by BR. Nowadays all builders in Pune are giving double vitrified tiles of around 2fts. The main purpose is to reduce number of gap line and minimize the gap. Most of these are guranteed to last minimum 20yrs and better than old floorings of smaller sizes. Some gap line
    are so thin that you wouldn't notice the joints too.
    Grouting is a troublesome and costly process being used in most of old building to plug leaks from toilet floorings. But the grouting companies are themselves giving gurantee of not more than 12months in Pune. Post this if the leak repeats you have to call them again. Need for grouting should be reduced to minimum at the time of construction itself. Also in toilets everyone has started using anti-skid bigger tiles to reduce grouting need. Also, all these gaps do darken in couple of years and look dirty. Wiping is also an issue. Please get one plumber, kadiya to your flat and get their views if you are in doubt.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by humble_guy
    From useability point of view:
    3 tracks are needed if you plan to open the window or door from both sides (left and right). otherwise, 2 tracks are good enough for operating from one side, mostly right-to left.


    Hi,


    Thanks for reply any idea how much is costing for third track ?


    Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punepune
    Hi,


    Thanks for reply any idea how much is costing for third track ?


    Regards


    Generally the aluminium channel itself has grooves/tracks. my understanding is that you can not fit a new standalone 3rd track to existing 2 tracks, if all three glass panes are supposed to close/open together as a unit. Though i have seen some people using a 4th section for wire mesh pane.

    in any case, the cost difference should not be much, may be a few hundred more than what it is costing BR currently. Depends on the aluminium quality.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by humble_guy
    Generally the aluminium channel itself has grooves/tracks. my understanding is that you can not fit a new standalone 3rd track to existing 2 tracks, if all three glass panes are supposed to close/open together as a unit. Though i have seen some people using a 4th section for wire mesh pane.

    in any case, the cost difference should not be much, may be a few hundred more than what it is costing BR currently. Depends on the aluminium quality.


    I am not going to add 3rd track separately - I asked then to make it 3 track so for additional 3rd track they have quoted 390 per sq ft. I agree even 100 extra would very reasonable considering the quality they might be using. Intrestingly I asked them not to put any sliding and they are going to deduct 250 for the 2 tracks they were going to put which is also fine with me. I will add another 100 max and get 3 tracks fitted. Market price for general anodised 3 tracks is approx 280 so higher thickness it could be 350 I guess.

    I was wondering if I am the only one concerned about the 3rd track? its useful and safe - consider kids playing nitendo v and remote slipping out :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote