4010 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Blue Ridge by Paranjape Schemes in Hinjewadi, Pune

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
    Aero Modeling show at Blue Ridge

Sakal Times - Aero-modelling show on Jan 13
    Thank you for sharing. I hope they have something interesting like this during the 26th Jan Weekend. It will be a good time to visit the site and meet residents too.

Comment

Originally posted by suamuni View Post
      So rendezvous which flat you finally(tentatively) booked then.? Or you don't want to disclose it? Like a top secret? Very confidential...so they are not offering extra parking spaces now at the time of booking?
      hehehe .. no, nothing like that. I didn't want members to bias their opinion based on my choice.
      My choice was number 3. Tower 22. Higher floor, river facing. Reasons were as follows ...
      - Within budget. Was the cheapest option available. Although I do get less area, it's not a deal breaker.
      - East west entrance. Although I am not a big vastu believer, it matters when it comes to sell the flat off.
      - There will be more activities towards the riverside than the golf side, as the golf side will have membership and restricted entry. There is enough space between the river and the buildings and it will be nice view. There is childrens play area, jogging tracks, volleyball, boat club etc on the river side, where as nothing on the golf course side other than the golf course.
      - Higher floor available at cheaper price. I will be very happy with the panoramic view of the city, especially late evening or early morning! Someone mentioned on the forum that BR started selling due to golf course. I beg to differ there... BR started selling because everything else started selling as well. A big differentiator IS the tall buildings, and there will be no buildings taller than 11 stories anywhere around, so flat which is higher will command premium. This is true in the US market as well, with the flat costs being as much as double in the same building.
      - Golf course is not full golf course, it's only a 9 hole (half course), so the distance between the buildings will not be as much as is being shown on the website. I am slightly afraid it might be just too close and you will end up seeing 20 buildings all around you (around the golf course). Not sure, but there might be long shadows in the morning and evening in the entire township.
      - There will be more wind flowing from South west direction, so flat will be more windy. Also will be sunnier than the lower golf course facing options.

The cons are:
      - Secluded, with low knowledge of what's happening around in the township.
      - Lift speed / delay issue is not clear
      - Am afraid of too much sunlight
      - Afraid of Diwali rockets coming into my house :-D

Again, I am open to listening to other views and to change my booking. Do let me know if you believe something is wrong and I could make a better choice. Thanks again everyone for your inputs, really appreciate!

~D
      Last edited by rendezvous; January 14 2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

BR Booking

Congrats Rendezvous!

Good Analysis and decision making! Helps others too !

I have PM'ed you. Will be great to connect with you.
        Thanks!

PD.

Comment

Congratulations Rendezvous! I have booked a River - View apartment too. The south-west direction will defi make the apartment breezy.

However, for those of you, who have to choose an apartment but may not have an opportunity to visit the site in person.. here are some points to note:

There are some electric towers near Towers 20 to maybe Tower 22. They seem to be about 5 floors high. So taking a River view apartment on a lower floor in these towers may not be a good idea. There is usually a constant buzzing sound that comes from these electric towers.

The view of the river is nice. However, on the other side of the river, there may be a possibility of tall buildings coming up in the future. Currently, we can see Kul Ecoloh (at quite some distance) and the rest is agricultural land.

Except in the rains and maybe immediately post rains, the land in general looks lush and green. But the rest of the months, it looks pretty arid. In contrast, the golf course, even though just partially done up right now... looked a lot better...

The distance between consecutive towers seems better than what is shown in the brochure.

The distance between T1 to T8 and T 12 - 15, is very good... Even from the very high floors, the greener of the golf course is the only thing that catches the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by BR2012 View Post
            There are some electric towers near Towers 20 to maybe Tower 22. They seem to be about 5 floors high. So taking a River view apartment on a lower floor in these towers may not be a good idea. There is usually a constant buzzing sound that comes from these electric towers.
            This is highly concerning ... can you post some pictures or get some more clarity on this? Although my flat is on higher floor, I don't want any electric towers close to the amenities .... there's childrens play areas, marina etc right at those places. .. This is exactly why I hate buying UC properties .. you are never sure what you are getting until it's too late :-(

There is an electric substation......http://goo.gl/maps/HGDe3...., but seems too far away from towers 22-23. I'll have to check this as well now...
            Last edited by rendezvous; January 14 2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rendezvous View Post
              This is highly concerning ... can you post some pictures or get some more clarity on this? Although my flat is on higher floor, I don't want any electric towers close to the amenities .... there's childrens play areas, marina etc right at those places. .. This is exactly why I hate buying UC properties .. you are never sure what you are getting until it's too late :-(

There is an electric substation......Blue Ridge - Paranjpe Schemes, Hinjewadi, Maharashtra, India - Google Maps...., but seems too far away from towers 22-23. I'll have to check this as well now...
              Yes, these towers start at the electric substation and then go across the river. I will most probs visit the site after a fortnight, will click some pics.

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase... pls keep the forum updated with your overall experience as the process goes on.

Originally posted by rendezvous View Post
                - Afraid of Diwali rockets coming into my house :-D
                Add kites too...

But on a serious note, this is really a factor in India which everyone missed out so far...

Comment

Originally posted by BR2012 View Post
                  SuperDuper & Rendezvous

Totally agree with you... The sunlight coming into the flats esp west facing is too much and it heats up the flat.
                  In winters it is very helpful. Flat remains warm even at night.
                  Again, if there is POP finishing done, the heat in anycase is not transmitted inside the flat as POP is good insulator. For mirrors, I told my friend to go for mirror finish films for place where privacy is not an issue. He did the same to terraces, living & dining. The sunlight comes in but heat is reduced by 60-65% !! Cost is 35-50/sq ft depending upon make, VLT & UV protection. V-cool is the best. You always have option of going for double bar curtain rods, one can be thick curtain, other can be thinner/semi transparent one.

East facing is very good, but in winters & monsoons, the sunlight is hardly there so I prefer west facing ones. Only for summers, west facing is bad.
                  Btw, Vaastu recommends more openings in East & North but ofcourse, it also says that windows should be there but smaller in west. Finding a flat having 3 side open is tough as builders opt for chindhi-giri using common walls to save money.

Take this issues in consideration.
                  Btw, I am doubtful whether BR will allow filming of glass.

rend,
                  You talked about rockets while PRB talked about kites. The most important :-
                  Mosquito. What is the max altitude at which mosquito can fly ?
                  I stayed on 26th floor abroad & there was not a single mosquito, but then when I checked into parking on 3rd floor, there was no mosquito their either . So check about these aspect also, especially when polluted river is near BR.

And these electric towers mean HT wires ?? Man, that's very risky, even standing below it for couple of hours is bad for health, especially brain & heart. And if you stay nearby, it will be damn risky. Avoid buildings near such HT lines, let alone flats. And also check if BR is going to put any cell fone towers on buildings, else you may face same prob like Amanora !!
                  If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Do you know how safe these buildings are? reason I am asking is these are 30 storey buildings nearby river. Not sure how much continous water would have impact on the base of the buildings? Will it be safe? This question would not be valid in abroad as we know construction quality etc. but in India do we know how safe it would be to build 30 storey buildings adjacent to River, specially in area where there is very high rainfall. Just thinking wild from long term perspective- say 10 , 15 years down the line....inputswelcome

Comment

Originally posted by hinjegir View Post
                      Do you know how safe these buildings are? reason I am asking is these are 30 storey buildings nearby river. Not sure how much continous water would have impact on the base of the buildings? Will it be safe? This question would not be valid in abroad as we know construction quality etc. but in India do we know how safe it would be to build 30 storey buildings adjacent to River, specially in area where there is very high rainfall. Just thinking wild from long term perspective- say 10 , 15 years down the line....inputswelcome
                      Good question & I have asked this to BR team many times. Their answer is that the township has taken the water level into consideration. In the last 5 years, there has been no threat to the site, even during the 2010 floods. In fact, there have been issues in Pune city.

Mula river ‘wasted’, get set for flash floods this monsoon - Pune - DNA

From what I have seen, the building basements are definitely at a height above the river. So should not be an issue.

Regarding construction material used - if water was to damage the buildings, then there will be more threat from monsoon rains than the flood water. Having said that, let's hope that the parking basements have better water drains. If that is not the case, then there is far more bigger threat to the cars than the buildings. :-)

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X