Guys...need feedback on subject builder (JK Group, promoted by Nimhan builder) on Baner-Pashan link road. I attended the presentation in the conference room about the project. Quoted rate is INR 3150/sq ft.Let me know reputation of the builder (not PBAP member). Overall project and flat layouts are good...however possesion is after 1 year. Pls advise...Thx -
Read more
68 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I wrote a big reply but my login timed out. So in short, I have bought flat last week in Park Ridge. Project has great prospect. I have done all possible background checks. Title is clear. I have shown all documents to two solicitor and they said everything looks good. Builder has promised possession 3-4 month but I would consider 6 months looking at current status.

All the best
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sachinshinde
    I wrote a big reply but my login timed out. So in short, I have bought 3 BHK last week in Park Ridge. Project has great prospect. I have done all possible background checks. Title is clear. I have shown all documents to two solicitor and they said everything looks good. Builder has promised possession 3-4 month but I would consider 6 months looking at current status.

All the best

and at what rate did you book? complete package details?
    CommentQuote
  • Congrats Sachin for your dream house...I am sorry but I ahve some negative veiws abt this project as I have closely followed this project .. I can see this project from my terrace :) ...
    Hardly seen any construction....i suppose this project is of 13 towers with free mangoes trees :) just kidding...still they are on first tower..in feb this yr posession date was sep 2010 now that has been delayed till march...

and this project was launched in 2008 or earlier..so in my opinion they are short of money..not spending anything on construction and no signs of completing their project in 4-5 yrs..

Originally Posted by sachinshinde
    I wrote a big reply but my login timed out. So in short, I have bought 3 BHK last week in Park Ridge. Project has great prospect. I have done all possible background checks. Title is clear. I have shown all documents to two solicitor and they said everything looks good. Builder has promised possession 3-4 month but I would consider 6 months looking at current status.

All the best
    CommentQuote
  • i agree with manu on this one ... i was confused between park ridge and bella casa of rachana promoters... but after having a look on the speed of builder and reputation i was a bit sceptical ... though this project has a very good layout and location but still i was not sure about the completion of 1st building and whole project... anyways congrats sachin ...hope u get you new flat soon :-) :-) .. what was the rate u booked?

i booked bella casa and will get possession in late 2012 (nov-dec) ... i booked for 3300 sq ft ...3bhk ... beverly hills and gold coast are good examples of this and even myworld's construction is also going on good pace.. so thats i opted this .. also next big location will be behind rohan leher where this project is located and will take 3-4 years for that ..

cheers guys
    puneet
    CommentQuote
  • Sachin, When I was looking for my house somewhere in MArch 2010 , I checked this projectc also...from that status i can confirm there is hardly one month of work being done in last 10 months..

Closely followed by measn I stay in Magnolia which is pretty close to Park Ridge and from my terrace I can only see Park Ridje...There is hardly any work I hve seen..Its really gud you are satisifed with everything...just keep in mind 13 more towers nd some commercail is going to be completed ..with the current pace it will take decades..but If you trust builder its really gus.As far as I m concerned Park ridge was the worst project I have seen from construction pace perspective....As per your updates Now some work is going on..but there is no gurantee the same will continue..

Originally Posted by sachinshinde
    Hi Guys thanks a lot for your comments, I do appreciate.

Hi Manu, when you said you have closely followed this project I am not sure exactly what have you looked in to. The Project is near completion, I have looked at development personally and they are doing flooring at the moment, had delivery on good quality Asian tiles in front of me. Also, I have seen myself work on Lift railings going on. So I can confirm that work is in full swing. Also, I have personally spoken to site engineer Mr. Chaudhari regarding what exact work is being carried out and how much time more he estimates on it. The reason why the project is bit delayed is because its family business and Mr. Nimhan is looking in to it personally and taking his own time. I have also found his background he is one of the brothers of Amdar Nimhan of that area and hold pretty good financial background. He has hardly taken any loan from bank as I have all documents from him which I have submitted to my bank for loan. I have visited all his previous project in Aundh and it is done nicely and has satisfactory construction.

Hi Puneet, I agree with myworld might be better builder with good portfolio. But you cannot compare prices of project on baner road near highway and a project in heart of Pashan with such a close proximity to University and city. Rates for all new buildings around there are already quoted as 5000 per sqft by other builders for new projects. Also, If you will spend some time around pashan look at the locality and people staying around and you will know what I mean.

There are risks like little delay, not known builder like Kumar, etc. But after doing lots of background check I feel this is a good project if you want to invest and wait before you sell for another 4-5 years. I am very much sure it will have more appreciation than projects more away from city in Baner. So I am fine with taking little bit risk. Another point to consider is this is builders flagship building of the project. Based on this building he is going to sell all remaining buildings. So he is trying his best to make it as good as possible. This cant be explained you have to go personally and check to see what you are getting.

Let me know if you need any more information.
    CommentQuote
  • Perfectly said manu ... i have been living there in kumar shantiniketan and have gone 10-15 times to see the construction pace in last 6-8 months .. thats y i decided to drop the idea of park ridge..although price/location this is the best place i wud have loved to live but then the builder is saying that it will take 5 years to complete rest of the buildings and 2.5 years for clubhouse to be started ... when builder says 5 years .. i multiply it by 1.5 :-) :-) ... so atleast 7.5-8 years of construction work ... even kumar is like that .. people who bought in 2005 in kumar shantiniketan are still struggling to get possession (i agree recession played its part still it is 2011 now... almost 6 dam years) ...

if you compare the pace of myworld (re launched project) in last 6-8 months it is quite fast ....thats why i booked bella casa behind rohan leher at 3300 sq ft.. now the rates have increased to 3500... the posession is expected to be by nov-dec2012 ... in worst scenario march april 2013... i am ok with that as i want to live in the flat from 2013 onwards only ....

nyways ..everyone has his/her perspective ... hope park ridge completes the project fast and you get to live in your dream home soon :-) :-)

cheers !!
    puneet
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Puneet,

Completely agree with what you said but I differ on recession stuff. The builder takes the money, has profit margins of 100% or even more but invest the money paid by you to start a new project elsewhere. If builders focus on using your money on your project (ofcourse besides the profits), the project can be completed on time, recession or no recession.

* Even auto sector was hit, but did buyers got their cars delivered late? Even in IT, how many people here delayed their project despite having a confirmed order??? Fact is unlike other sectors, RE is the one where customer is bakra rather than king.:o
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manu1981
    Sachin, When I was looking for my house somewhere in MArch 2010 , I checked this projectc also...from that status i can confirm there is hardly one month of work being done in last 10 months..

Closely followed by measn I stay in Magnolia which is pretty close to Park Ridge and from my terrace I can only see Park Ridje...There is hardly any work I hve seen..Its really gud you are satisifed with everything...just keep in mind 13 more towers nd some commercail is going to be completed ..with the current pace it will take decades..but If you trust builder its really gus.As far as I m concerned Park ridge was the worst project I have seen from construction pace perspective....As per your updates Now some work is going on..but there is no gurantee the same will continue..

My friend had booked a flat in Park ridge in March 2010 and was told that he would get possession in Oct 2010. He has not received possession till date i.e. May 2011 and considering the current rate of progress he is not even sure of getting it before Oct 2011. He is now frustrated with the utter lies and the false promises made by the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • What abt sachinshinde..he was pretty convinced by the builder..We have told the same thing...Sachin what to say now..

Originally Posted by khale123
    My friend had booked a flat in Park ridge in March 2010 and was told that he would get possession in Oct 2010. He has not received possession till date i.e. May 2011 and considering the current rate of progress he is not even sure of getting it before Oct 2011. He is now frustrated with the utter lies and the false promises made by the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Issues

I have booked flat in Park Ridge. Although the flat looks good, there are some issues regarding overall project layout. The builder is trying to change the layout which was earlier shown. Other owners in this society, are you aware of these changes? What can be done now?
    CommentQuote
  • if this is their website (Welcome to JK Group) god save this project. even their website seems to be effed up. no location map, no e-brochure and no information other than their contact details. seems to have some serious problems, this builder. what's the rate this builder is quoting now? i am sure it is no less than 4800.
    CommentQuote
  • Dont know when this builder will complete this project...this project has arnd 13 towers ..nd since 2008-09 even not a single tower has been completed...
    When I Enquired last yr posession was in oct 10...now it seems october 11 is also not possible

Originally Posted by Vinod Gupte
    if this is their website (Welcome to JK Group) god save this project. even their website seems to be effed up. no location map, no e-brochure and no information other than their contact details. seems to have some serious problems, this builder. what's the rate this builder is quoting now? i am sure it is no less than 4800.
    CommentQuote
  • i live on sus road for the past 7 years and i did not know about this project. i had never heard of this although i know about most projects in this area. i have visited biarittz, magnolia and surrounding projects several times but never got an impression that there was this project going on in the area. if he has not built anything so far, it is unlikely that he will build it in the near future. perhaps he needs the backing of some other builder.
    CommentQuote
  • it is behind biarittz phase 1 only till the river...huge land..with the builder..location wise pretty gud...but hardly any work or chances on any work..

Originally Posted by Vinod Gupte
    i live on sus road for the past 7 years and i did not know about this project. i had never heard of this although i know about most projects in this area. i have visited biarittz, magnolia and surrounding projects several times but never got an impression that there was this project going on in the area. if he has not built anything so far, it is unlikely that he will build it in the near future. perhaps he needs the backing of some other builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Park Ridge

Yes...The construction pace is very slow, But the major concern is that the builder is changing the total layout. He is saying no big society(Some land issue) but society of 2 to 3 buildings.

I like the location and the flat but these changes will affect. I am not sure what are my options. Any suggestions..
    CommentQuote