Pipe Gas Connection Woes....

Dear IREF mates,

As you all know recently Domestic LPG Subsidy was reduced to 6 Cylinders per year
which has now increased to 9 as per latest update. But we are facing a new problem
now. Our Society has 72 Flats in 2 Wings and all of them have opted for Pipe Gas
Connection from NMC Gas Suppliers Pune. Now last month when we recieved the Bill
it was around 250 to 400 Rs, this month we recieved a whopping Bill of 950 Rs. I
asked the NMC guys they say that a Building Societly is considered as a Single Unit
by Govt so the whole Society will recieve a Subsidy of 9 cylinders thats all instead
of 72*9 = 648 Cylinders per yr.

Which is really annoying...are all punekars facing the same issue?? which is ridiculus.

Please senior members share some light on this issue as this is forcing lots of our
society members to cancel pipe gas connections and use personal cylinder connections.

Thanks,
Raptorminty.
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi

You seem to have raised a very critical issue which could be faced by many pune societies in future.

I may not be in position to offer a solution , not being a user of piped gas system in pune (being a resident of mumbai).

However I assume that all piped gas users in pune must be having individual meters for each flat. Perhaps it may a good idea to collectively
    represent to gas company to supply gas equivalent to 6 cylenders to each member at subsidised rates specified by Govt.

I hope the Gas Supply co. will find out a workable solution instead of loosing so many customers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raptorminty

Dear IREF mates,

As you all know recently Domestic LPG Subsidy was reduced to 6 Cylinders per year
    which has now increased to 9 as per latest update. But we are facing a new problem
    now. Our Society has 72 Flats in 2 Wings and all of them have opted for Pipe Gas
    Connection from NMC Gas Suppliers Pune. Now last month when we recieved the Bill
    it was around 250 to 400 Rs, this month we recieved a whopping Bill of 950 Rs. I
    asked the NMC guys they say that a Building Societly is considered as a Single Unit
    by Govt so the whole Society will recieve a Subsidy of 9 cylinders thats all instead

Which is really annoying...are all punekars facing the same issue?? which is ridiculus.

Please senior members share some light on this issue as this is forcing lots of our
    society members to cancel pipe gas connections and use personal cylinder connections.

Thanks,
    Raptorminty.

Your piped gas distributor is lying to you. Which oil company do they work with HPCL/BPCL? or some other?

The latest guideline from the oil ministry to all oil companies supplying cylinders is that for a society having reticulated gas supply, each flat will be treated as a single customer and will get 6 (or 9) cylinders worth of subsidized gas per year. Usage will be calculated as per the units consumed, which means 14kg x 6 worth of units.

Do the following,
    1. Find out which oil company supplies cylinders to the distributor
    2. Contact the area manager of that company and talk to them regarding this. They should be able to provide you the govt notifications and guidelines to get the subsidy benefits.
    3. As part of process each flat owner has to fill in a KYC form and the society has to fill up a declaration form. These details ideally should have been given to you by your distributor, but you can get it from the oil company as well.
    4. As a society, send a written notice to your distributor notifying him of the govt notification and demanding a refund of the extra amount charged

Unite together and stop people from cheating you
    Have fun :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    Your piped gas distributor is lying to you. Which oil company do they work with HPCL/BPCL? or some other?

The latest guideline from the oil ministry to all oil companies supplying cylinders is that for a society having reticulated gas supply, each flat will be treated as a single customer and will get 6 (or 9) cylinders worth of subsidized gas per year. Usage will be calculated as per the units consumed, which means 14kg x 6 worth of units.

Do the following,
    1. Find out which oil company supplies cylinders to the distributor
    2. Contact the area manager of that company and talk to them regarding this. They should be able to provide you the govt notifications and guidelines to get the subsidy benefits.
    3. As part of process each flat owner has to fill in a KYC form and the society has to fill up a declaration form. These details ideally should have been given to you by your distributor, but you can get it from the oil company as well.
    4. As a society, send a written notice to your distributor notifying him of the govt notification and demanding a refund of the extra amount charged

Unite together and stop people from cheating you
    Have fun :)

Hi Thanks for the update, our Distributor gives us HPCL cyliders, is there any notice or news where its written that the pipe gas is per flat instead of per society. Thanks in advance..!!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks lazybone007,

I also got charged more in last bill.
    CommentQuote
  • Call up HPCL area manager and ask for the notification for piped gas. Do it fast as last date for submitting KYC forms is 15th Nov I think.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raptorminty

Dear IREF mates,

Thanks,
    Raptorminty.

You should ask this to Jitu_sir... I think Samarajya also has piped gas connection... So how is the experience there?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punerebuyer
    You should ask this to Jitu_sir... I think Samarajya also has piped gas connection... So how is the experience there?

Dear members,
    We had discontinued NMC in our L5 building. In case of L6 & L7 it is exclusively run by Dolphin. Currently they are getting only 6 subsidised cylinders for each building and not per flat. As per my information they notified all owners about additional deposit and 137/- per unit. There are news that flat owners having piped gas will also get 6 subsidised cylinders either directly or through the piped gas agency but its not yet confirmed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    Dear members,
    We had discontinued NMC in our L5 building. In case of L6 & L7 it is exclusively run by Dolphin. Currently they are getting only 6 subsidised cylinders for each building and not per flat. As per my information they notified all owners about additional deposit and 137/- per unit. There are news that flat owners having piped gas will also get 6 subsidised cylinders either directly or through the piped gas agency but its not yet confirmed.

Lets hope atleast this time the results comes in our favour and we get the subsidised cylinders already many from our society have cancelled the connections and have started using the normal cylinder connections.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    Dear members,

Everything is confirmed Sir, but consumers are not being made aware about this. My recommendation to all, please talk to your distributor and gas company representatives to know the facts. I am reproducing the communication sent to me by BPCL manager,

1. As per revised policy each flat is entitled for 6 domestic subsidized cylinders per annum and 3 domestic subsidized cylinders from 14.9.2012 till 31.3.2013.
    2. As per policy, the domestic LPG customer should have either piped gas connection or cylinder connection. Hence in order to avail piped gas connection, each resident must surrender the LPG cylinder connection or disconnect piped gas connection for using cylinders.
    3. The entitlement on number of subsidized LPG cylinders will be fixed based on the number of flats actually occupied at the beginning of the capping year. The Housing Society will have to submit the list of occupants at the beginning of each financial year.
    4. The Housing Society will have to provide the list of residents along-with individual POI, POA, KYC and standard declaration in the form of affidavit to the effect that they do not have any domestic LPG connection in the said Flat / Household after vetting by the Housing Society. KYC and declaration will have to be fulfilled in each case of change of occupant of flat during the year.
    5. The Housing Society will have to submit an affidavit.
    6. The Housing Society will have to submit quarterly returns on the flat-wise quantity of LPG consumed, duly signed by the individual resident / household with a letter confirming that the statement is correct and they shall indemnify the OMC against any claim / loss on account of the information found to be incorrect at a later date.
    7. The number of cylinders on subsidized rates to the Housing Society will be limited to the net entitled quantity based on individual consumption but not exceeding 3 cylinders for the balance part of current year till March 2012 and 6 cylinders per annum from the next financial year.
    8. The supplies of subsidized LPG to such reticulated systems will be regulated by the Housing Society on per Kg basis limited to the capped quantity for each consumer.
    9. The concerned distributor will reconcile the quantity supplied against the quarterly statement given by the Housing Society.
    10. All correspondence by the Housing Society must be on their letterhead duly signed by authorized signatory and with stamp.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear lazybone,
    I am aware about the fact that oil companies have decided to distribute gas on kg basis for societies having piped gas. But this has yet to come into effect. It seems the society needs to carry out some formalities & documentation to make it happen.
    CommentQuote
  • As per the latest news each apartment is entitiled for 127 Kg of subsidised gas per year
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kingmanish
    As per the latest news each apartment is entitiled for 190 Kg of subsidised gas per year

Please publish source of this information. A regular cylinder is 14kg which means you are talking about almost 13.5 subsidized cylinders per year
    CommentQuote
  • Found one article applicable to Hyderabad. This could be reason for increased prices. Companies are treating supply of gas to apartments as 'commercial' rather then 'Residential' use.

Gated communities decline piped gas | Deccan Chronicle
    CommentQuote
  • and here another news in TOI saying 'apartments will not considered single unit'

Oil firms bring cheer to piped LPG consumers - Times Of India
    CommentQuote
  • The HP gas oil company is not giving subsidy on the piped gas connection.

Are there any societies where piped gas is getting subsidy??

Please post your experience here.

Plus how can we get the subsidy from our Piped gas vendor??

:bab (2):
    CommentQuote