Anybody have visited/any info regarding this project..This looks decent one...but I think a bit costly...

If anybody visited them recently then plz update the price, current status of project & builder's repo...I have been to SKYi' site they have mentioned Nilay & Sheher (both Rohan's property) in their past project....This seems that they were just working as contractor in those projects & now they have come up with their own project...

Any info on this is very much appreciated...
Read more
80 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Yes, 15%, it is law of PMC. However, I was told that 11 floor FSI will be sanctioned as they have sufficient FSI available. This now means they were trying to bring in FSI/TDR using some other methods:bab (34):.

personally i dont believe when a builder is saying that its a matter of a signature or its like everything is coming soon...

Look at Samrajya... from since their launch for phase 2, Pethkars are saying that the project is of 11 floors... but they do not yet have permissions beyond 8th floor... they have even completed constructions for one entire building but they cannot sell those flats.. (at least this is honesty otherwise some folks might even have sold them to potential 'bakaras')...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kia99
    I went there last weekend. The location is a question mark. There seems to be some slums around and there is hardly any free space in the compound. Anyway only 3 3-BHKS are remaining now. I didnt even care to check the rate. The salesman out there was very good. Explains the whole project patiently.

There are no slums...i guess you are referring to temp. accomodation for site workers....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by leoking
    realacres...is it recently you heard from builder about 11 floors? also, they had mentioned about some tax benefit if they were to complete the proj by March'10....so that may b the other angle to finish it at 9th floor....

No, not recently but in 09. Also note that the income tax benefits have been extended to Mar 11 from Mar 10, yet they stopped higher floors which means they were sure that TDR can't be purchased under any circumstances.

Btw, are the waterfalls near the driveway & lobby ready? Also, is there AC in the lobby?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Diya
    PriyaRamani
    Why did you prefer Rohan over Iris?

A few factors:
    Rohan is an established builder, and has a reputation to protect. They also obviously have more muscle to ensure project completion and provide things like water, drainage etc.
    I cannot bet on Govt, PMC, etc. I took my bet on the builder.
    And it has worked for me in the past :)

In case I need to sell property, an established builder name helps.

Iris was around 2 acres. The land size of Rohan leher is around 6 acres. Of course, there are more towers there, but it helps get more open space in the project. And economy of scale justifies amenities like STP, Biogas plant, etc. in big project. It lowers maintenance costs too. Also, it has smart home features. And they aim to get 'Eco-housing' tag for the project.

There were 2 bungalows within the Iris project area. Those guys refused to sell their land to Iris. As a result, there was a common pathway planned to ensure road access to those folks, and it seemed like a 'Jugaad' arrangement within your house :)

Rohan Leher had lower rates (though higher loading) and bigger sized flats (the one that i booked). Also, I liked the floor plan of flat available in Rohan. And I wasnt getting my choice in Iris.

I found out about the surrounding area and projects around Rohan Leher and felt that the rates there wont stay low for too long, considering the overall project.

I definitely liked the Iris project too. The quality and specs were very good. And it smelt like 'home' :) But, I had to make a choice, and I made mine.

And there we
    CommentQuote
  • Why are you shifting from Nilay to Leher?

Priya/m Ramani,

Why are you shifting from Nilay to Leher?
    CommentQuote
    Priya/m Ramani,

:bab (41)::bab (58): Yeh to hath dhoke peeche hee pada hain... :-)
    CommentQuote
    Priya/m Ramani,

:)

Yaar I am a tenant in Nilay

This question dint merit an answer, but since you insisted so hard :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by priyamramani
    :)

Yaar I am a tenant in Nilay

This question dint merit an answer, but since you insisted so hard :)

Well, the reason being it went unanswered so many times & you were comparing Nilay with Leher in such a way (& words) that it seemed you owned a flat at Nilay. Hence, the question.
    CommentQuote
  • Current status of Iris

Originally Posted by leoking
    hi...i have booked a flat in this project 3350 in dec...and possesion is in May'10. Wanted to know if anyone on this forum booked in this project....

I have recently( 2 days back) visited the project again after Dec09 . The project has really picked up . Some residents have gto keys and they have working on internals of flat(furniture ect ). I liked the plan a lot and the quality of construction is good too ...but pmc water still a concern other than the road.
    I have also visited Rohan leher the say day ..both are good in quality and more or less have same plan ..big windows and good uitlization of space.

I was told no 3 bhk left at Rohan and only few 2 bhks are there ..they were quoting total of 48+ for 2bhk :( . At Iris I suppose builder still have some 3 bhks but price told me were 3800 psf :( but seems like he was ready to negotiate , Though I didint try as Still I haven't made my mind.

I am still confused between the two ....Leher and Iris ...Rohan is famous but I havent heard of Iris builder much ...

Any more pointers will be helpful.

Leoking: You have mentioned that u got the flat for 3350 psf ..could you comment of total price you finalized including evrything ..msed ..parking etc.

Thanks ....
    CommentQuote
  • The differences are:
    - Iris would negotiate, Rohan will not :)
    - Though Rohan rate is lesser, the parking charges and loading is higher. Still, Rohan rate comes lesser overall.
    - Rohan is famous and well-established builder, Iris guys are new, but they claim to have worked with Rohan as contractors/partners in previous projects. Seems to be true, since their floor plans, and even their landscape architects are same :)
    - If you check multiple flats in Iris, you would find that bathrooms in each flat have different tiles ! And some bathroom tiles are same as those used in their rowhouse project. To me, it meant that they had faced fund crisis and were not able to book construction material in bulk. This was not a healthy sign, though their intentions and commitment was undoubted.
    - Going into specifics, Iris has an entrance lobby which is good, Leher doesnt have that. Rest of floor plans are almost same. Tiles quality is much better in Leher. Switches and taps are superior in Iris, but these are small things and can be changed anytime at not much cost.
    - Bigger land parcel in Leher and extra amenities make it a better project overall - STP, better smart home concept, solar lamps, etc.
    - Bigger brand helps in various ways - be it getting PMC water, pulling the project, or selling the flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Thnks ..i agree wid u completely ...
    I know iris haven't gpt pmc water ..what about Leher ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harkuch
    Thnks ..i agree wid u completely ...
    I know iris haven't gpt pmc water ..what about Leher ??

They have said that PMC water would be in place (since the area falls under old PMC limits).

I am trusting them ...and keeping a margin period in mind for these things to fall in place. Lets see :)
    CommentQuote
    I am still confused between the two ....Leher and Iris ...

Forget both of these & scout for something better. Never depend/trust builders' words about roads & water & rest of DP. Buy what you see.

Go at some better place man, & at this rate, there are multiple options available, in ready poss as well.
    CommentQuote
    I have recently( 2 days back) visited the project again after Dec09 . The project has really picked up . Some residents have gto keys and they have working on internals of flat(furniture ect ). I liked the plan a lot and the quality of construction is good too ...but pmc water still a concern other than the road.
    I have also visited Rohan leher the say day ..both are good in quality and more or less have same plan ..big windows and good uitlization of space.

I was told no 3 bhk left at Rohan and only few 2 bhks are there ..they were quoting total of 48+ for 2bhk :( . At Iris I suppose builder still have some 3 bhks but price told me were 3800 psf :( but seems like he was ready to negotiate , Though I didint try as Still I haven't made my mind.

I am still confused between the two ....Leher and Iris ...Rohan is famous but I havent heard of Iris builder much ...

Any more pointers will be helpful.

Leoking: You have mentioned that u got the flat for 3350 psf ..could you comment of total price you finalized including evrything ..msed ..parking etc.

Thanks ....

Total worked out to 45.2 L for me.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by leoking
    Total worked out to 45.2 L for me.....

Man, can you please upload current pics of the project here? Will be useful to buyers. Btw, is the elevation same as that shown in the builders' brochure, complete with glass facade & waterfalls at the entrance?

http://www.skyi.com/iris_gallery.html

I would also know whether the builder has incorporated what he said especially smart home?
    CommentQuote