Iris, SKYi Developers, Baner, Pune

Last updated: April 23 2015
81 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Iris, SKYi Developers, Baner, Pune

Originally posted by leoking View Post
    realacres ...can you throw more light on what specific quality difference you observed between A and B?....i did not come across any such delta....may be in my next visit i can check on these...
    There was more focus on B rather than A by the builder. Also, there was difference of 15 days between the 2 when I visted early last year. I saw flats in B, hence didn't had look at A in detail as I knew it was already alloted & since deal never came close to finalisation, didn't went in depth as well.

I hope your concern about sanction for upper floor is set to rest...
    Yes, for stating 9 floors but no as the builder was saying that it is just a matter of signature for getting 11 floor sanction as it was related to the FSI of amenity space which is handed to PMC (15% of total area). As this never took place, I was sure he was using some scrupulous ways to get additional FSI.
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
      There was more focus on B rather than A by the builder. Also, there was difference of 15 days between the 2 when I visted early last year. I saw flats in B, hence didn't had look at A in detail as I knew it was already alloted & since deal never came close to finalisation, didn't went in depth as well.

Just because there was a delay of 15 days between A and B and a presumed more focus ob B....does not point to quality issues.... I have seen my flat in A just 3 days back which is almost 90-95% complete and did not find quality issues...

Yes, for stating 9 floors but no as the builder was saying that it is just a matter of signature for getting 11 floor sanction as it was related to the FSI of amenity space which is handed to PMC (15% of total area). As this never took place, I was sure he was using some scrupulous ways to get additional FSI.
      Both A and B have their Pargola at the top of the bldgs cast and hence will be difficult to add more floors .....

Comment

realacres....The builder has handed over some space(not sure on %) to PMC....

Comment

realacres....The builder has handed over some space(not sure on %) to PMC....
          Yes, 15%, it is law of PMC. However, I was told that 11 floor FSI will be sanctioned as they have sufficient FSI available. This now means they were trying to bring in FSI/TDR using some other methods.

Comment

realacres...is it recently you heard from builder about 11 floors? also, they had mentioned about some tax benefit if they were to complete the proj by March'10....so that may b the other angle to finish it at 9th floor....

Comment

I went there last weekend. The location is a question mark. There seems to be some slums around and there is hardly any free space in the compound. Anyway only 3 3-BHKS are remaining now. I didnt even care to check the rate. The salesman out there was very good. Explains the whole project patiently.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                Yes, 15%, it is law of PMC. However, I was told that 11 floor FSI will be sanctioned as they have sufficient FSI available. This now means they were trying to bring in FSI/TDR using some other methods.
                personally i dont believe when a builder is saying that its a matter of a signature or its like everything is coming soon...

Look at Samrajya... from since their launch for phase 2, Pethkars are saying that the project is of 11 floors... but they do not yet have permissions beyond 8th floor... they have even completed constructions for one entire building but they cannot sell those flats.. (at least this is honesty otherwise some folks might even have sold them to potential 'bakaras')...

Comment

Originally posted by kia99 View Post
                  I went there last weekend. The location is a question mark. There seems to be some slums around and there is hardly any free space in the compound. Anyway only 3 3-BHKS are remaining now. I didnt even care to check the rate. The salesman out there was very good. Explains the whole project patiently.

There are no slums...i guess you are referring to temp. accomodation for site workers....

Comment

realacres...is it recently you heard from builder about 11 floors? also, they had mentioned about some tax benefit if they were to complete the proj by March'10....so that may b the other angle to finish it at 9th floor....
                    No, not recently but in 09. Also note that the income tax benefits have been extended to Mar 11 from Mar 10, yet they stopped higher floors which means they were sure that TDR can't be purchased under any circumstances.

Btw, are the waterfalls near the driveway & lobby ready? Also, is there AC in the lobby?

Comment

Originally posted by Diya View Post
                      PriyaRamani
                      Why did you prefer Rohan over Iris?

A few factors:
                      Rohan is an established builder, and has a reputation to protect. They also obviously have more muscle to ensure project completion and provide things like water, drainage etc.
                      I cannot bet on Govt, PMC, etc. I took my bet on the builder.
                      And it has worked for me in the past

In case I need to sell property, an established builder name helps.

Iris was around 2 acres. The land size of Rohan leher is around 6 acres. Of course, there are more towers there, but it helps get more open space in the project. And economy of scale justifies amenities like STP, Biogas plant, etc. in big project. It lowers maintenance costs too. Also, it has smart home features. And they aim to get 'Eco-housing' tag for the project.

There were 2 bungalows within the Iris project area. Those guys refused to sell their land to Iris. As a result, there was a common pathway planned to ensure road access to those folks, and it seemed like a 'Jugaad' arrangement within your house

Rohan Leher had lower rates (though higher loading) and bigger sized flats (the one that i booked). Also, I liked the floor plan of flat available in Rohan. And I wasnt getting my choice in Iris.

I found out about the surrounding area and projects around Rohan Leher and felt that the rates there wont stay low for too long, considering the overall project.

I definitely liked the Iris project too. The quality and specs were very good. And it smelt like 'home' But, I had to make a choice, and I made mine.

And there we

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X