Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Originally posted by FenceSitter View Post

And BTW, this is the appreciation in my apt over the last 5 years.
    2 BHK: 50L (2009) -> 65-70L (2014)
    3 BHK: 75L (2009) -> 90-95L (2014)

Facts.
    2 BHK appreciation from 50L to 70L --> CAGR of 7%
    3 BHK appreciation from 75L to 95L --> CAGR of 5%

Comment

My landlord after trying to sell off his flat for more than a year is now frustrated and now wants to jack up the rentals by 20% (This after 12% the previous year).
      This is in the midst of IT belt in Bangalore, Sarjapur Road.
      Same was the case with another flat in my apt. Wanted to sale, couldn't find a buyer, putting it back on rent.
      Looks like your landlord had unrealistic expectations of price so was not able to sell.

20% rent rise is also unrealistic.

If you are prepared to move you should be able to beat back this demand.

However if wife get pissed of by move ... paying up would probably turn out to be cheaper.

Comment

No sympathies from my side.
        You have already started searching to buy a new project,good luck.The inevitable can't be avoided.

Little bit of peace of mind is taken away due to nagging.
        Not that I have completely stayed away. Purchased a plot in Bangalore outskirts but without taking any loan.

Although I would love to relocate to Pune for personal reasons but opportunity wise Pune is nowhere close to Bangalore. I prefer startups and not many options for my domain.

Comment

So much for the value of the "reports". I too have posted two contradictory reports on the other thread,look up.

Comment

And BTW, this is the appreciation in my apt over the last 5 years.
            2 BHK: 50L (2009) -> 65-70L (2014)
            3 BHK: 75L (2009) -> 90-95L (2014)

Facts.
            Is this in Pune? I think Pune's prices were really very attractive in 2009. Wonder how come you have earned so less?! Even the govt rates have increased by more percentages.

If it is in Bangalore, then no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by rambler View Post
              So much for the value of the "reports". I too have posted two contradictory reports on the other thread,look up.
              The first report , in spite of its title, paints a balanced optimistic view. Its says that the number of sales are up and undols inventory levels are down.
              The second report is merely looking at old data in larger time span.

Comment

Rambler,reports are prepared by various agencies.It all depends on what is their interest and angle.
                AS far as price rise in sale price of u/c or RTM flats is concerned,there has been increase.
                Price of resale flats has also gone up.
                But in my opinion increases are nominal and normal price increase due to efflux of time and inflation etc.
                It is not jumping like earlier.
                EG Flats in Tingre nagar were about 5-6 lakhs for one BHK in 2004-5 and in 2009 it went up to 20-22+lakhs.
                This kind of increase is not seen anymore.
                Reports can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by sudhashbahu View Post
                  Looks like your landlord had unrealistic expectations of price so was not able to sell.

20% rent rise is also unrealistic.

If you are prepared to move you should be able to beat back this demand.

However if wife get pissed of by move ... paying up would probably turn out to be cheaper.
                  Yes, tenants are kings now. Plenty of options. I suffered while renting my flat in Pune.
                  4 years not much increase.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruth View Post
                    Is this in Pune? I think Pune's prices were really very attractive in 2009. Wonder how come you have earned so less?! Even the govt rates have increased by more percentages.

If it is in Bangalore, then no idea.
                    This is Bangalore. Sarjapur Road has been an established area for some time. Newer areas have appreciated much more though
                    The conclusion I draw is, people are buying houses in pre-launches and stuff but re-sale situation isn't that great.

Comment

How much is the current rent for the 3BHK at 90-95L in Bangalore? Curious about the rent:price ratio.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X