Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Originally posted by vaibav123 View Post
    "Just posting links to every new item does not make RE go up or down.
    "Pls look at the some of the post from honorary moderators on this forum. Every news article is twisted and the thread is flooded with news articles. I was just following the tradition of this thread "

Any links put on this thread will enlighten people about the whole scenario as such,but will not make prices go up or down in RE industry.
    The purpse of this forum is to educate and every one posts as per his thought process and philosophy of investment-some are ultra cautious,some ore optimistic and some are realistic.
    Hearing about MOU for 100000 crores is not going to impact anybodys decision.Several such MOUs have been heard off,but how much money has flown in making impact-creating jobs,creating industries etc.
    Every post should not be used to take potshots at honorary moderators.
    If you disagree,post your thoughts with links and leave it other readers,offering free trips to Ukraine,claiming every post is twisted serves no useful purpose.
    Dude, I am soon going to start ignoring ur posts I get it that u want to desperately protect the honorary moderator so there is no point in debating with you. Honorary moderator can take pot shots at people and that does not bother you. Why so biased?

Any and every -ve post - china bubble, problems with US economy, good election results, bad election resutls, REIT or no REIT, rain or no rain, metro or no metro, IT job or layoffs are all used to predict (with 0 accuracy I must add) that the bubble is going to burst.

Comment

Any post which members find twisted can be reported to Moderators(not honorary).
      No point converting the forum into a battlefield.
      Forum is for education,informing viewers about projects,macro economic features/signs which impact on RE.
      Macro economic interpretation is a wide field and people can have widely varying views.It does not mean it is twisting of facts.
      It is just an understanding of events,developments by a particular individual due to his mindset,education level and so on.
      Every member of this forum bears full responsibility in maintaining the educative value of the forum by appropriate posts and not taking on ego battles or personal clashes.
      Many CMs have gone abroad and come back saying thousands of crores of MOUs have been agreed upon,but what matters is how much has been really invested on ground.
      Last edited by vaibav123; August 30 2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vaibav123 View Post
        "Just posting links to every new item does not make RE go up or down.
        "Pls look at the some of the post from honorary moderators on this forum. Every news article is twisted and the thread is flooded with news articles. I was just following the tradition of this thread "

Any links put on this thread will enlighten people about the whole scenario as such,but will not make prices go up or down in RE industry.
        The purpse of this forum is to educate and every one posts as per his thought process and philosophy of investment-some are ultra cautious,some ore optimistic and some are realistic.
        Hearing about MOU for 100000 crores is not going to impact anybodys decision.Several such MOUs have been heard off,but how much money has flown in making impact-creating jobs,creating industries etc.
        Every post should not be used to take potshots at honorary moderators.
        If you disagree,post your thoughts with links and leave it other readers,offering free trips to Ukraine,claiming every post is twisted serves no useful purpose.
        @vaibav123

Earlier, I was use to be fan of your posts, always well balanced and to the point. But lately, I always find you criticizing people, who criticize an individual for his illogical posts thus protecting him. If 100000 crores of investment is not going to impact anybody's decision, then so as slowdown in economy. Surely, 10,000+ employees are not going to buy RE, but surely the need some place to live somewhere (as tenant)? Don't you find this beneficial who have already invested in RE?

Comment

anikale,
          Please understand that I have no interest to protect anybody,but my posts are only to prevent the posts from degenerating into personal tussles.Earlier there had been several tussles resulting in all sound and fury but no educative value.
          I hope I have made my point clear.
          Secondly as far Rs100000 crores investment is concerned I wrote that mere promise to bring in this amount is not going to impact,but actual investment by companies will need to be actually invest to impact RE-flat purchases,tenants coming in,shops to serve the flow of population etc.
          Last edited by vaibav123; August 30 2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangent View Post
            if theyare struggling after earning 70k to 1.1L per month then i believe only god can save them ...
            Upwardly mobile IT professional with 2 kids going to private schools will struggle with 70K...even if he has no loans or EMIs. Try writing down the expenses and see for yourself.

Comment

Taking up the challenge

Originally posted by aamehra View Post
              4 auto manufacturers to invest Rs 11,510 cr in Maharashtra - Moneycontrol.com

MOUs point to a commitment of Rs 1,510 crores from Volkswagen, Rs 4,000 crores from Tata Motors, Rs 4,000 crores from M&M, and Rs 2,000 crores from Bajaj Auto

First person to twist this news article and prove that these new investments are bad for RE wins a free trip to Ukraine to view amazing scenes of the new cold war that's taking place there. Offer valid till Putin lasts.
              - Companies will bring in funds and it will take 1-2 years to make these investments productive.

- Based on this builders will straightaway raise rates and make homes even more pricey. Apart from this they will start new projects and increase the unsold stock even higher

- Many people (who were holding back earlier) will now enter at even higher prices and get into risk of more trouble in the future

- As these auto companies bring new capacity into play, economy will have not recovered and with global unwinding FIIs will start pulling out money and sales of autos will tank.

- To make matters worse Govt will run out of money and bring in various punitive measures with retrospective effect severely increasing pressure on these companies

- There will be a run on housing as the very same buyers of 2 years back (buying on the basis of "Achche, Din") will come into the market in distress to sell

- RE will crash more than if these auto companies didn't put in that extra money!

Case Closed!

Now Mehra ... about those tickets to Ukraine and a meeting with Putin himself! Please ensure tickets are on any other airline but Aeroflot or UIA (Ukrainian International Airlines).

cheers

Comment

^^ good entertainment

Comment

bittuc123
                  Where can you get information,entertainment,jokes,quotes in one place?
                  Let the posts flow.
                  Enjoy and educate people with your experiences.
                  Anyway the RE industry is no longer the runaway bull story anymore.

Comment

That too curated or and created by the creative iref crowd. I am all for it. Cheers! Extremely addictive forum!

Comment

Nice snippet from my inbox
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way Back, the DLF IPO had been much spoken about and it had a bring bang listing in India-a heady Rs 1400 was the price per share. AD had misgivings about DLF-part of which stemmed around Realty disclosures in India and partially because Land is primarily a Rent Seeker's investment option, it theoretically should have zero value. On my way back from NYC I kept pondering on the subject, and though it seemed a very uneasy thought it seemed to be the right answer-Real Estate stocks will be a multi-year disaster. And so would be Road, Power and other Infra projects.

I remember DLF chairman KP Singh proclaiming once that his son and imminent successor Rajiv Singh was a IIT and MIT graduate-and what finer qualifications were needed to succeed. For one, it could have been luck. Post independence India threw up monopolistic opportunities to people like Singh the elder, who had married into wealth. The second generation was not so blessed.

First, the debt of Rs 19,000 crore is staggering. Two, this money has not been raised only for construction and three, the debt as it stands today is after selling off whatever assets DLF could sell. So even with an annual coupon of 10 per cent the Debt will remain at Rs 19,000 crore inspite off the company paying away Rs 2000 crore in loan repayments.

Worst, if you Sell say a Camelia apartment at Rs 30,000 psft, with delivery assured after 5 years. The annual interest and inflation of 10 per cent each will double project cost in 5 years. This will make every Residential project up for execution double in cost by the time delivery is ready. So either DLF will go bankrupt or the Buyer of the Apartment will. There is a third possibility-Apartment prices could through the roof. That brings me back to AD-why should a construction company waste money on building Land Banks and finally, is Real Estate liquid enough to give most investors an Exit. Or is it a human fallacy that we need a roof above our head, and that roof should then go to the children. Give it a deep thought, if you find the right answers you too will realise that there can be nothing worse than owning a Real Estate stock.. Maybe Real Estate itself !!!!!
                      Last edited by mebuyer; August 31 2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X