Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Collapse
X
Collapse

Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

    Originally posted by vaibav123 View Post
    ""I am wondering where will the poor bachelors go""
    All of us were bachelors at some stage of life.
    Question raised by you is relevant,but when Bachelors behave like guests from hell,then all problems arise.
    Many bachelors have behaved terribly and brought the wrath on the whole bachelor community as a whole.
    I think there is a difference between behaving terribly and behaving illegally. If they are doing something illegal, then the authorities should be informed.

    I would argue that even families can act terribly. Paying 20K rupees as rent is not enough to have any kind of social competence. I am sure there will be equal amount of families as well who will be high on drama.

    I mean its the same people out of the bachelor pool who will get married and settle. Given the bombardment of feminist movement in India encouraging women to stand up for themselves and buy shit which they dont need in the first place, I am sure that, just the presence of a woman in the house is going to change anything.

    Comment


    • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

      Originally posted by gmmumbai View Post
      Please tell me which law in India says having a choice of food habits or on families with specific food habits is racist ?

      I agree caste, religion would be racist but I doubt if some one is dumb enough to put that on the leasing agreement as it would be legally challenged.

      We see this in West all the time : Chunk of people don't rent out to persons having pets, persons with drug / alcohol addiction, persons who grow pot or smoke, people with new girlfriends almost every day like changing clothes etc etc .. If its a room of a home, they also have timing restrictions on arrival and departure including on days when guests can come home.

      I don't see anything wrong in this. Private property rights must be upheld. Racism should only be limited to caste, religion, physical disability, gender, national origin & age.

      The crank works in reverse too : A non veg eater who doesn't smoke ( if one exists ), can choose not to rent to veg eater who smokes.
      You have negated your own point. On one hand you say, nobody is stupid enough to put such things on the agreement, but in the West the rules are very much a part of the agreement.

      As a part of the leasing agreement, you agree not to smoke inside the room, not to have a pet or have the pet inspected and pay up a pet fee, etc etc.

      In India, the racism or discrimination is much more subtle and hence bad. in the west, its not discrimination, its clearly documented rules.

      There have been numerous cases, where people have refused to sell/rent their flats based on dietary rescritions like being vegeterians or being of a certain religion/caste:
      Refused flat because you're a non-vegetarian? BMC will rescue you

      This is definitely illegal in India.

      "People with new girlfriends everyday like changing clothes"
      I would recommend that you base your views on the West by visiting those places and staying there for more than 6 months instead of forming views based on television. If the west bases their views on India based on Bollywood, then might even conclude that we are a population in love with grandpas like Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Amir Khan, Rajnikant who have no shame in prancing around with 18 year olds with the scripts and character motivations totally detached from reality.

      Comment


      • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

        Originally posted by tushart View Post

        what's the worse they have done?
        I have seen eve teasing. I have seen more than 8 to 9 faces routinely in a flat rented to 3 bachelors. No one knows who are original 3 who are supposed to stay there. It reached a point that our society solar system was not able to support bathing needs. I have seen very bad cloth sense and visible uncleanliness. In the morning have seen person walking without combed hairs and brushed teeth - my son was afraid of him. No management of garbage. Cellphone is another headache. Heard them taking almost any time of day and night. There is a tendency of bachelors to use balcony while talking and just too much talk by any standards. All - Just a bad example for my kids and others in society. Add to that almost no social involvement something I do not like if staying next to my door.
        I think this is the biggest problem. 2-3 extra people living in the apartment when compared to the number of people on the lease agreement. It seems like there is no efficient solution to curb this menace.

        But then this is India. how long will we shield our kids from whats happening their in India?
        Just because we take houses in gated communities and look away doesn't mean that the other India is going away anytime soon. Even if the kids look out of their school buses, they will see people living under flyovers, people pottying out in the open, people who havent bathed in years, people spitting, people scratching their private parts in public...

        I think on some level all of us educated bunch are somewhat ashamed of this India. It doesnt matter if this India is the one which supplies our bais, our car washers, our dhobhis, our garbage collectors, but we want to minimize the touch points which this india.

        Perhaps, the least we expect is that this dirty india doesnt creep up into our gated communities where we have overpayed to get that 2bhk apartment. One way or the other, its always going to!!

        Some of the bachelors maybe a nuisance, but at least they are educated and earning a decent living. If they are doing something illegal, then definitely they should be reported to the authorities. But banning them outright doesn't seem to be the solution.

        If you think about it, Indians are of the dirtest citizens of this world. Imagine how it would feel to go to the developed world and find out that, they are not renting out to Indians because:
        - they smell weird or of curry
        - they eat with their hands
        - they put their clothes out to dry instead of using the dryer
        - they are always on late night or early morning calls...

        Comment


        • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

          Originally posted by attestedcopy View Post
          You have negated your own point. On one hand you say, nobody is stupid enough to put such things on the agreement, but in the West the rules are very much a part of the agreement.

          As a part of the leasing agreement, you agree not to smoke inside the room, not to have a pet or have the pet inspected and pay up a pet fee, etc etc.

          In India, the racism or discrimination is much more subtle and hence bad. in the west, its not discrimination, its clearly documented rules.

          There have been numerous cases, where people have refused to sell/rent their flats based on dietary rescritions like being vegeterians or being of a certain religion/caste:
          Refused flat because you're a non-vegetarian? BMC will rescue you

          This is definitely illegal in India.

          "People with new girlfriends everyday like changing clothes"
          I would recommend that you base your views on the West by visiting those places and staying there for more than 6 months instead of forming views based on television. If the west bases their views on India based on Bollywood, then might even conclude that we are a population in love with grandpas like Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Amir Khan, Rajnikant who have no shame in prancing around with 18 year olds with the scripts and character motivations totally detached from reality.
          The reason its put in agreements in the West is because the law has defined racism. It is only limited to : national origin, age, , gender, sexual orientation, color of skin ..

          Dietary or personal habits are not in part of law. Law is similar in India too.

          The first thing any one should be adhering to is what the law says. If law needs to be amended, govt needs to put this in.

          BMC is court ? If such matters get into court on basis of dietary habits, the law is fairly clear. As far as religion is concerned, yes, this would be racist.

          I haven't formed my views based on television. I have stayed in a dorm for 4 years university and closely watched what teenage and young adults do.

          Its about time private property rights & personal preferences on their property needs to be upheld.

          Comment


          • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

            You are not getting my point. There are things within control and which can not be controlled. As a head of the family and responsible society member - my first duty is to take out the highest risk which is in my control.

            By statistics there were too many complaints against flats rented out to bachelors.

            It doesnt matter if this India is the one which supplies our bais, our car washers, our dhobhis, our garbage collectors, but we want to minimize the touch points which this india.

            You are wrong my friend. I have high respect towards all these people. Rather most of them who I have worked with are punctual, clean, better mannered and humble than many of us. Most of the society members where I stay are very open/supportive with these people. They do great service to the society. They may be earning less money but surely an example we want our kids to learn from and respect them. A person collecting garbage deserves 100 times respect than bunch of bachelors without any garbage management.



            Originally posted by attestedcopy View Post
            I think this is the biggest problem. 2-3 extra people living in the apartment when compared to the number of people on the lease agreement. It seems like there is no efficient solution to curb this menace.

            But then this is India. how long will we shield our kids from whats happening their in India?
            Just because we take houses in gated communities and look away doesn't mean that the other India is going away anytime soon. Even if the kids look out of their school buses, they will see people living under flyovers, people pottying out in the open, people who havent bathed in years, people spitting, people scratching their private parts in public...

            I think on some level all of us educated bunch are somewhat ashamed of this India. It doesnt matter if this India is the one which supplies our bais, our car washers, our dhobhis, our garbage collectors, but we want to minimize the touch points which this india.

            Perhaps, the least we expect is that this dirty india doesnt creep up into our gated communities where we have overpayed to get that 2bhk apartment. One way or the other, its always going to!!

            Some of the bachelors maybe a nuisance, but at least they are educated and earning a decent living. If they are doing something illegal, then definitely they should be reported to the authorities. But banning them outright doesn't seem to be the solution.

            If you think about it, Indians are of the dirtest citizens of this world. Imagine how it would feel to go to the developed world and find out that, they are not renting out to Indians because:
            - they smell weird or of curry
            - they eat with their hands
            - they put their clothes out to dry instead of using the dryer
            - they are always on late night or early morning calls...
            Last edited by tushart; February 11 2015, 10:42 AM.

            Comment


            • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

              Originally posted by tushart View Post
              FedupBuyer,
              Statistics matter. Almost 95 of families are good - there will always be an exception. With bachelors risk is more and as a responsible head of family and society member - I must take out highest risk. This is applicable to every aspect of life.
              Small risks can not be mitigated and can never be anticipated and controlled.

              what's the worse they have done?
              I have seen eve teasing. I have seen more than 8 to 9 faces routinely in a flat rented to 3 bachelors. No one knows who are original 3 who are supposed to stay there. It reached a point that our society solar system was not able to support bathing needs. I have seen very bad cloth sense and visible uncleanliness. In the morning have seen person walking without combed hairs and brushed teeth - my son was afraid of him. No management of garbage. Cellphone is another headache. Heard them taking almost any time of day and night. There is a tendency of bachelors to use balcony while talking and just too much talk by any standards. All - Just a bad example for my kids and others in society. Add to that almost no social involvement something I do not like if staying next to my door.
              eve teasing is illegal if you saw it happening you should have just called the cops.
              talking on phone day and night is not the prerogative of only bachelors.
              welcome to my world .housewives holding screaming baby in one hand and mobile in another hand chatting about everything under to sun with god knows who for hours together right under my balcony. i can't even call the cops. polite requests for peace would be misconstrued or worse even maliciously twisted as
              attempts at eve teasing.
              Originally posted by tushart View Post
              Add to that almost no social involvement something I do not like if staying next to my door.
              really, if someone wants to mind his own business let him.it is not illegal to not socialise with you. you may think of yourself as the most likeable person in the city. others are also entitled to their own opinions
              Originally posted by tushart View Post
              No one knows who are original 3 who are supposed to stay there
              seriously read the rent agreement copy given by flat owner.
              no agreement? it's illegal to rent without one even if half of kothrud does it you need not be lenient. fine the owner as per society bye-laws.force him to make leave licence agreement
              if you see 8 people instead of three it is indeed a security issue.
              in pune there is a law to
              register details of all tenants with local police station .as secretary/committee member you can verify if same is done.also tell watchman to make people enter names in register.while entering.you can then track if 8 bachelors are living and fine the flat owner according to society bye-laws instead of treating entire bachelor community like lepers to ostracize.please use the laws that exist don't create your own.
              Last edited by FedupBuyer; February 11 2015, 10:05 PM.

              Comment


              • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                NPAs: Threat to the system

                Veteran bankers now say if the bad loan hemorrhage has to be stopped from becoming system threatening, RBI and the finance ministry must constitute an independent panel that takes charge of top 100 large loans and resolves them.

                Veteran bankers now say if the bad loan hemorrhage has to be stopped from becoming system threatening, RBI and the finance ministry must constitute an independent panel that takes charge of top 100 large loans and resolves them.

                Of the ten banks that have announced results in the past ten days, seven have seen their bad loans go above 6 percent of their total book. Veteran bankers now say if the bad loan hemorrhage has to be stopped from becoming system threatening, RBI and the finance ministry must constitute an independent panel that takes charge of top 100 large loans and resolves them. It's a rising tide of bad loans and can cause untold destruction. Of the ten large PSU banks that have announced results in the past ten days, seven have reported bad loans over of 6 percent.

                Bankers who have just retired say this number can go much higher because under the current dispensation bankers are scared to give decisive help for fear of investigative backlash. They say an external committee comprising government or RBI officials or external experts must be set up to study and resolve the top 1090 stressed corporate loans.

                SL Bansal, former CMD, OBC, says: "It is like Tsunami of NPAs. We need to resolve this. Either the government of India or the RBI under the chairmanship of either Deputy Governor or additional secretary can have a committee. They can take ownership of 100 top NPA accounts and written-off accounts and resolve these accounts." The key reason for the rising amount of bad loans is that borrowers of loans that were restructured two years ago in the hope that stalled projects will restart and the economy will recover, are now defaulting.

                Video is also available on link :-

                NPAs: Threat to the system? - Moneycontrol.com

                ^^ This once again proves why builders could hold on to rates earlier :- Roll-over of loans & now banks are seeing its ill-effects. (Wonder how RE bulls conveniently keep missing this point).

                And now, to banks have started to recover money under SARFAESI act. Stats are given below :-


                If you are happy, you are successful.

                Comment


                • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                  Originally posted by tushart View Post
                  You are not getting my point. There are things within control and which can not be controlled. As a head of the family and responsible society member - my first duty is to take out the highest risk which is in my control.

                  By statistics there were too many complaints against flats rented out to bachelors.

                  It doesnt matter if this India is the one which supplies our bais, our car washers, our dhobhis, our garbage collectors, but we want to minimize the touch points which this india.

                  You are wrong my friend. I have high respect towards all these people. Rather most of them who I have worked with are punctual, clean, better mannered and humble than many of us. Most of the society members where I stay are very open/supportive with these people. They do great service to the society. They may be earning less money but surely an example we want our kids to learn from and respect them. A person collecting garbage deserves 100 times respect than bunch of bachelors without any garbage management.
                  But you are comparing the personal life of bachelors with the professional lives of bais, car washers, etc.

                  I am pretty sure that these bachelors go into office and behave in a different way than they would do at home.

                  I can understand your point that bachelors can be a nuisance but banning them outright doesn't seem to be the solution and is rather discriminatory.

                  This is often the gray area in residential socities where the people involved should be mature enough of handling the issues rather than codifying it into rules.

                  Imagine a Bengali family cooking fish in THEIR kitchen almost everyday and the smell of the fish is carried to the living room of a Jain family right across the kitchen which finds the smell very pungent and even offensive to their beliefs and complains to the welfare association.

                  In such a case, should the society ban all fish cooking within the society?

                  Unfortunately people in India misinterpret freedom. Freedom doesnt mean that you enforce your beliefs on others because that will impinge on their rights to freedom.

                  Comment


                  • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                    Originally posted by gmmumbai View Post
                    The reason its put in agreements in the West is because the law has defined racism. It is only limited to : national origin, age, , gender, sexual orientation, color of skin ..

                    Dietary or personal habits are not in part of law. Law is similar in India too.
                    I can safely say that you are misguided in terms of law at least when it comes to the US.

                    In USA you cannot discriminate on renting/selling based on factors including national origin, age, etc...

                    Similarly you cannot discriminate just because the buyer is a disabled person.

                    More importantly you CANNOT discriminate because the buyer has different dietary preferences than you.

                    What you are saying makes sense when you are looking for room-mates. In that case, you can specify whether you want a male/female, veg/non veg, smoker/non smoker etc....
                    but when you are letting out your apartment, the apartment essentially belongs to them.

                    Even when you have to visit the apartment, you have to provide a written notice in advance, otherwise the tenant can sue you for trespassing.

                    And what you have observed in the West, I cannot comment on that. But what are you observing in India as well? Every other song has the same stupid daaru and party lyrics. Idiots like Yo Yo Honey Singh are famous.

                    I think the argument that India is culturally superior to the west because of our modesty has gone down the drain. We are not just a bunch of west-aping nincompoops who will eagerly gulp anything which the West shoves down our throats.

                    Fun-fact: During navratri festival in the state of Gujarat, the business of private detectives really booms. Parents are worried that like many of the other kids, their kids will be going to have after the garba/dandiya festivities. After a few months, the business of both legal and illegal abortion clinics booms as well. So please remember that this is the same India we are talking about and comparing to the West.

                    Detectives do brisk biz on dandiya nights - IBNLive

                    Comment


                    • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                      No. I am comparing them overall. Our car washer and Bai will come early morning by 6.30/7 am. I have always seen them well dressed and fresh.
                      Originally posted by attestedcopy View Post
                      But you are comparing the personal life of bachelors with the professional lives of bais, car washers, etc.
                      Not stayed in any society where this was done but from perspective of Jain societies- do not see anything wrong there. Its up to individual standards and belief.
                      Originally posted by attestedcopy View Post
                      In such a case, should the society ban all fish cooking within the society?
                      If so why not avoid economical discrimination in first place. Why not give your flat on rent to a person who does not have a shelter for minimum rent which he can afford.
                      You can not avoid discrimination for valid reasons. There should not be illogical or senseless discrimination.
                      Originally posted by attestedcopy View Post
                      I can understand your point that bachelors can be a nuisance but banning them outright doesn't seem to be the solution and is rather discriminatory.

                      Comment

                      Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X