Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Originally posted by informsantosh View Post
    Welcome back ‘wiseman’. But your timing of arrival signifies there is dark time coming in investing horizon
    My opinion about him: he has vanished from pune group after Apr 2009 when stocks started rising, members please look back at the some of his older posts where he was forecasting about go_ld being at $2000 and 'inflation,deflation', 'US power coming to end' , 'dollar demise' 'Indian IT price pressure' et all.

In one line I can say, Ravi K is biggest bull, wiseman is biggest bear. He is like man Sachs who make money by shorting their own financial instruments/products.

he is not all wrong but it’s very easy to sensationalize downfalls. I am not expert, but as layman I would suggest to end users who are looking to buy home for own use please think in your context. If you can afford and see value then please go ahead and do the deal.

Don’t try to time market, its really complicated and difficult thing to do. If you are just sitting on cash down the line you will see erosion due to inflation. All these fundas you will get from all investors. Don’t infer meanings from articles as per convenience never put all eggs in one basket.

Meantime enjoy ‘wiseman’s talent. He have wealth of knowledge and experience, he will come with mind blowing graphs and numbers most of them may be correct, but his writing will sway your opinions just on negative side. Few days back I had followed Peter Schiff who has predicted subprime, but I have seen that even he was failure to benefit from market beating in 2008.

No disrespect but I felt scared when I saw wisemans’s post and smelled that something is coming. But someone else have posted today that if we encounter another wave of recession then it will be catastrophic, to delight of most of the members RE will fail 30-40% but then even you and I wont be able to buy as service sector will be in gloom.

I liked you post more over wisey post with good sarcasm . Wisey is RE Shani and frug is RE Ketu .

Comment

Originally posted by monds View Post
      hey man...how are you, good to see you back after a long time...keep posting your well researched global economic views...
      I'm not sure how well researched the economic views are when he is quoting events out of the panchang!!

Comment

I always welcome Bull's views ...

Originally posted by harshalx View Post
        I'm not sure how well researched the economic views are when he is quoting events out of the panchang!!
        That Panchang thing was a sarcastic once since so many people are always scared of what I say. I look at various types of analysis - Fundamental, Technical - from various people before making up my mind. So there is always a large element of surprise, like it always is in the future.

The problem with looking at the market when you are already in with a purchase and a loan is that it is too scary to look at the downside. So, we ignore it even when we know that its always better to be "Prepared for the worst, hoping for the best".

Many loss making situations in the past have made me be realistic about the market keeping my personal fears separate from an honest view of the market.

Lately I have found that combining a long-term Macro-economic view of the market along with study of cyclicity in the markets (as all human activities happen in cycles due to the mood swings within Human Mobs over time) provides us with an extraordinarily accurate view of the turning points as well as duration of trends.

For example, I know of some Analysts who have called the March 2009 bottom and April 2010 peak with an accuracy of 2 weeks. I called the Jan 2008 crash on 25 Dec 2007. While they are not 100% all the time, one could have made a huge fortune simply going long in 2009 and closing it in Apr 2010. For example, on Friday the Nifty touched the 200 DMA. Since our market is not yet ready for the crash (as most people believe that we are on the verge of good times), I knew a bounce was likely and so I went long around 5000 Nifty. In just one day I have a 150% gain on that particular option. So, these things are possible and going on all the time. There is tremendous opportunity even in distressing times if only we have the mental strength to keep aside our fears, learn how to take on opportunities and take risks. Becoming frozen due to fear is the worst of all possibilities, so learn to overcome it, though its not easy. You do not learn to ride a bike without a few scratches.

There is ovewhelming evidence from both types of analysis that there is simply no way this world is going to survive with this level of debt. So, this decline coming up is almost a certainty.

You need to see how best you can take protective measures. Going forward, nothing is guaranteed!

cheers
        Last edited by wiseman; May 10 2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

After recent directive of the RBI to banks to avoid loans to RE, the banks are looking at SBI. If SBI increases interest rates for RE sector including home loan, rest of the banks will follow suit.

Also, RBI is coming up with Nationa Housing Index (NHI) which will keep a tab on RE alongwith it's prices, completion etc. in 31 cities, all metros & Tier 1 cities will be the first one to get such info.

The NHI will be updated after every 3 years.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Rising prices point to more China tightening

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...01.cms?curpg=1

Comment

Why china Govt. is worried like hell ??
              because they are losing their cheap export friendly approach ....
              Its like becoming uncompetitive ...

now when there are several lakh jobless in US.... US employees can always take job offer in Half price thus stopping the ship from china ...

Are our policymakers aware of this ??

Comment

Regulator far from Realty

Another news from IR:-

For 70-year old Delhi-based businessman Dharam Paul, investing in three residential flats for his three daughters in an upcoming project in Gurgaon marked the beginning of a long dispute with the developer. While the developer seemed to get his way each time, Paul says that the least the developer could avoid was the continuous delay in delivery of the keys.

“With barely any notice period, the developer started asking for much higher monthly instalments than what was agreed three years ago when the sale agreement was signed. For the first three years, there was no construction activity, and then out of the blue I received the letter from the developer asking to shell out higher instalments,” says Paul.

A few months later, Paul noticed that the developer has hiked the transfer charges – amount paid to the developer for transferring the title of the flat in someone else’s name -- by more than 100 per cent. “Even though I managed to deposit the said amount in time, the developer asked for some additional formalities which delayed the entire process. I had to shell out Rs 4 lakh as a result, instead of Rs 40,000 earlier,” says Paul. Later, he re-read the sales deed and found no mention of hiking of transfer charges. “I feel cheated and blackmailed,” he says.

Read for more:-

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/re...ealty/617954/0

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                  Another news from IR:-

For 70-year old Delhi-based businessman Dharam Paul, investing in three residential flats for his three daughters in an upcoming project in Gurgaon marked the beginning of a long dispute with the developer. While the developer seemed to get his way each time, Paul says that the least the developer could avoid was the continuous delay in delivery of the keys.

“With barely any notice period, the developer started asking for much higher monthly instalments than what was agreed three years ago when the sale agreement was signed. For the first three years, there was no construction activity, and then out of the blue I received the letter from the developer asking to shell out higher instalments,” says Paul.

A few months later, Paul noticed that the developer has hiked the transfer charges – amount paid to the developer for transferring the title of the flat in someone else’s name -- by more than 100 per cent. “Even though I managed to deposit the said amount in time, the developer asked for some additional formalities which delayed the entire process. I had to shell out Rs 4 lakh as a result, instead of Rs 40,000 earlier,” says Paul. Later, he re-read the sales deed and found no mention of hiking of transfer charges. “I feel cheated and blackmailed,” he says.

Read for more:-

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/re...ealty/617954/0

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/af...-flats/617695/

It keeps doing a lot ....
                  once ther paper is after someone ...

Like Mining Issue of Reddy's .....

Now after MH mininsters
                  Why Govt is giving Flats to Ministers ... each may be having Several of them ....?

Comment

Real estate issues face uphill task

At a time when confidence is yet to fully return to the market, experts feel this rate-sensitive sector will see only subdued response from investors. This could come as a blow to the companies, which plan to raise Rs 12,000 crore in the coming months.

Many analysts view the sector with scepticism due to factors like land valuations, project delays and politics.

“The sentiment has not improved for the sector,” said Amit Goenka, national director, capital transactions, Knight Frank. “Most of these companies are looking for anchor investors, but there is hardly any appetite. The valuations are high. Some of the companies planning to tap the markets are eyeing a multiple of 85-90 times, which is quite high. There is also a huge debt overhang. Clearly, there is no value left for investors.”
                    Market experts say the current volatility in the secondary market has made most investors risk-averse and this impacts sectors that suffer from inherent risks.

Read for more here:-

http://www.business-standard.com/ind...l-task/394544/

Comment

Hello Jitu,

I would like to know how many sanctions are required before starting the project & which are the major ones. It would be helpful for us to know what builders go through before launching the project.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X