Hereby I will prove how the realty boomers arguments are false.

What are the boomers arguments?

1.) Buy today, houses always increase in value in the long run.
WRONG. House prices cannot increase more than incomes in the long run. This is obvious if you think about it. If house prices go up more than people can afford to pay, buying stops, like it has stopped now.
Even Warren Buffett have pointed out that houses don't increase in intrinsic value. Unless there's a bubble or a crash, house prices simply reflect current salaries and interest rates. If a house is 100 years old, it's value in sheltering you is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago. Then came the maintenance as the house didn't renovate itself. It also has taxes, and insurance - costs that always increase and never go away. The price of the house went up about as much as salaries went up.
To put this is simple perspective, vegetable were costing Rs.5-6/kg when 5 digit salary was a rarity.
Today, the prices have gone up by about 4 times but so have the salaries. So, sounds very much like the reasoning people use now when they talk about how much their father's house appreciated "in the long run" without considering that salaries rose a proportional amount.

2.) Renting is just wastage of money.
WRONG. As said before renting is now much cheaper per month than owning. If you don't rent, you either:

* Have a mortgage, in which case you are throwing away money on interest, tax, insurance, maintenance, costs that increase forever.
* Own outright, in which case you are throwing away the extra income you could get by converting your house to cash, investing in bonds, and renting a similar place to live for much less money. This extra income is sufficient for emergency expenses,retirement etc.

Either way, owners lose much more money every month than renters and that's assuming prices don't correct to very high level & everything is smooth in the economy.

3.) As a renter, you won't have any money left as you will spend them on vacations,cars & hence won't have equity/savings etc.
WRONG. Equity is just money. Renters are actually in a better position to build equity/savings through investing in anything but housing. Renters can get rich much faster than owners, just by investing in conservative stocks & bonds.

* Owners are losing every month by paying much more for interest than they would pay for rent. The tax deduction does not come close to making owing competitive with renting.
* Owners must pay taxes simply to own a house. That is not true of stocks, bonds, or any other asset that can build equity/savings. Only houses are such a guaranteed drain on cash.
* Owners must insure a house, but not most other investments.
* Owners must pay to repair a house, but not a stock or a bond.
* Owners lose their money as house prices reduce. The EMI's remain constant in spite of reduction in rates. At the end of loan tenure, they would have paid almost twice than that of current renters who will buy at logical rates. Keep interest rates in mind. Most of the EMI is not principal amount but interest.

4.) There are great tax advantages to owning a house.
WRONG. Many people believe you can just reduce your income tax by the amount you pay in interest, but they are wrong. Buyers may not deduct interest from income tax; they deduct interest from taxable income. And even then, the tax advantage is not significant compared to the large monthly loss from owning.

If you don't own a house but want to live in one, your choice is to rent a house or rent money to buy a house. To rent money is to take out a loan. A mortgage is a money-rental agreement. House renters take no risk at all, but money-renting owners take on the huge risk of falling house prices, as well as all the costs of repairs, insurance, property taxes, etc.

5.) RE is based on local factors, it's not a national phenomenon. RE of Delhi-NCR,Bangalore & rest of the cities has nothing to do with Pune RE.
WRONG. Lending rates remain the same throughout the country. ALL loans are harder to get. This will drive prices down everywhere.

6.) A rental house provides good income. So, you can rent if you have purchased as investment.
WRONG. Rental houses provide very poor income in hyped areas and certainly cannot cover mortgage payments. Remember there is almost 300% difference between EMIs & rent for the same house.

It's pointless to do the work of being a landlord if you can make more money with no risk, no work, and no state income tax by investing in assured good returns bond.

7.) If owning is a loss in monthly cash flow, but appreciation will make up for it.
WRONG. Appreciation is negative. Prices are going down. It only adds to the injury of already high EMI's.

8.) As soon as prices drop a little, the number of buyers on the sidelines willing to jump back in increases.
WRONG. There are very few buyers left, and those who do want to buy will be limited by increasing difficulty of borrowing now that many house owners are near bankrupt as they don't save anything at the end of the month due to high EMI's.
No one has to buy, but there will be more and more people who have no choice but to sell as their payments rise. That will keep driving prices downward for a long time.

9.) House prices never fall atleast in Pune.
WRONG. If you see the RE scenario of 1996, prices crashed by 50% & took a whole 7+ years to recover.
Exact 1996 scenario may not be there today but strong correction is inevitable across the city.

10.) House prices don't fall to zero like stock prices, so it's safer to invest in real estate.
WRONG. House prices won't be zero, but the equity or the principal amount you paid can be zero or even negative. What you will pay as EMIs later in actual terms is not for the principal amount but only the interest as house prices dip. So, you will be only serving the bank.

11.) Prices will soften gradually, won't crash immediately.
WRONG. Prices are falling off a cliff. No one knows exactly what will happen, but it looks like prices will continue to fall for long time. These are just more manipulation of buyer emotions, to get them to buy even while prices are falling.

12.) The bubble prices were driven by supply and demand alone.
WRONG. Prices were driven by low interest rates and risky loans & good returns for investors in initial phases of boom in 2004-05.
Prices went up, interest rates went up & buyers savings went down. So prices are violating the most basic assumptions about supply and demand.

13.) There is lack of land.
WRONG. Ample of land is available & continue to be even in future in Pune. Sales volume are down. Even in Japan (small country with less land), prices went down. Current prices here are the same as that of 23 years ago. If we really had a housing shortage, there would not be so many vacant rentals.

14.) If you don't own, you'll live in a cheap neighborhood later.
WRONG. For the any given monthly payment, you can rent a much better house than you can buy. Renters live better, not worse. There are downsides to renting, such as being told to move at the end of your lease, or having your rent raised, but since there are thousands of vacant rentals, you can take your pick and be quite happy renting during the crash. There are similar but worse problems for owners anyway, such as being fired and losing your house, or having your interest rate and property taxes adjust upward. Remember, property taxes are forever.

15.) There's always someone predicting a real estate crash.
TRUE, yet irrelevant. There are very real crashes every decade or so. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

16.) Local incomes justify the high prices.
WRONG. The mortgage should be more than your 3 years earning. It is much higher today. Most are already in danger/red zone.

17.) You have to live somewhere.
CORRECT. But that doesn't mean you should waste your life savings on a bad investment. You can live in a better house for much less money by renting during the down slide in RE.

18.) It's not a house, it's a home.
WRONG. Wherever one lives in it is home, be it apartment, condo, bungalow , mansion or house. Calling a house a "home" is a manipulation of your emotions for profit.

19.) If you don't buy now, you'll never get another chance.
WRONG. History proves otherwise.
Here's a beautiful quote from a analyst:-
"The real issue isn't whether you will be stuck being a renter all your life, she says. Its whether you'll get so scared about being shut out that you'll buy at the market's peak and be stuck in a property you can't afford or sell."

20.) It would take major economic recession or a major earthquake that wipes out this area in order for the price to fall by over 50%.
WRONG. Even today, if the prices fall by 50%, there will still be very few people who can buy at this levels due to uncertainty in jobs & most importantly high EMIs. Also, look at the rental rates for equivalent houses. Which loss per month is larger? EMI or rent?

contd....
Read more
12597 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Frugality, why are u comparing with those charts of developed countries..
    What is their inflation, interest rates, GDP growth rate, etc..
    Can you please compare those also with India?

"Can you tell me rate of Vada-pav in india in 2000 and rate of a Burger in US in 2000 and those of prizes today?"..

Also, guys above statement is just for knowing bit on inflation in both countries... Plz Don't start comparing "Vada-pav Vs RE in Pune"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rocknrolls
    If thats the case why are you on this forum? Why do you want the prices to come down? If its an emotional decision, wait for your emotions to spill over. :-) Don't worry about the money and what builders are doing etc.

I am in this forum to share and learn from others experience. As a prospective buyer, I want RE prices to come down so can afford decent dwelling in the city.

Originally Posted by rocknrolls

Please go and watch Matrubhoomi. You would get the answer to your absurd question.
    How do you know majority upper-middle-class?? do you have statistics? how do you categorise upper middle class?? how many of them you know personally? how do you know the other upper middle class people are not buying?

I have watched "Matrubhoomi" a very hard-hitting movie about an INDIA with few women. Family of brothers sharing a wife :o Greed for boys leads to a nation without women :o

My friend, today cannot afford to buy the flat I bought 6 yrs back in Mumbai (although done well professionally).
    In last 6 yrs RE-rates has shot-up 3-4 times. Do you still need statistics?
    Now if I say inflation is very-high and RBI is worried about it, you will ask the same question "Do you have statistics?" and so on....
    CommentQuote
  • Real, valid arguments.

Buying vs. rent , should be on case to case basis, cannot be universal .

Do we marry because we think we won't find a better girl? :-)

I bought my house because I saw tremendous value in it. It satisfied all my requirements at that time and at a price that I could "afford". I don't care if the price in my area goes up or down as its a notional gain/loss. Although I know in the long run the prices will go up. they might not outclass index but who cares as I am enjoying my asset too.

I do agree that buy vs rent argument won't take us anywhere. The reason I wrote my initial post was that this argument was going one sided... rent rent rent. As if buying was a crime.

I absolutely agree with your thoughts on rigid positions as well. Hence everyone should not stick to "No Buying" position. The decision should be taken on case by case basis.

Why is decision to rent is considered practical while buying is an emotional one? Who are we to pass the judgment?
    CommentQuote
  • Self Knowledge Must Before Marriage

Originally Posted by puser
    then u expect one to marry? at 35?

One should get hitched when you are sure about your own & are financially completely independent. No point in getting married based on PROPOSED career. Just last week, came to know that a guy of 25 got engaged to his GF. Both parents agreed to the relationship but the girl's parents wanted to delay the marriage as both want to pursue higher studies for which this chap may go out of state. So, it was better is they complete education & then get married but boys family refused & they are going to get married in Dec this year for which I will get an invitation next month. So, one more bakra:D. Btw, this guy is again an ITG:bab (59):.

Seeing such things, I really wonder what's the use of getting married at early stage when nothing is sure. For me, if you ask the age, I think for men, it has to be 28-28.5.
    CommentQuote
  • Apologies for taking this discussion to the wrong side. Request people to come back to the discussion....else we might start discussing abt what type of women are best for marriage, how to get pregnant and then career of our children.

Coming back....
    I believe who ever has made money and is happy with RE will continue to buy RE, who ever made money and is happy from stocks etc will continue that way.

I believe Roti Kapda aur Makaan holds true value as some point in time everyone definitely wants to own a house yes if the top 4 points are positive. Infact a couple of decades back that was the only thing to be owned:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rocknrolls
    Do we marry because we think we won't find a better girl? :-)

Hey, no point in comparing marriage with RE coz the simple reason that you can't rent a wife:D. Next, you can get married to anyone in the world but you can't bring the infra & financial strength from other part of the world. What's more, whether you get married today or tomorrow, the result is going to remain the same:D.

I bought my house because I saw tremendous value in it. It satisfied all my requirements at that time and at a price that I could "afford". I don't care if the price in my area goes up or down as its a notional gain/loss. Although I know in the long run the prices will go up. they might not outclass index but who cares as I am enjoying my asset too.

Coming to this real issue, if you find VALUE in your house, is easily affordable & hence bought, good:). However, note that the VALUE here is again subjective. I may have a clear picture of what I want in a house. Eg. If it is Vastushastra compliant, it becomes a big plus for me. However, this may not be the criterion for other as he may be more interested in say better specs.

If you take this case with your marriage, I am sure you must be having some kind of image about the girl you want to get married. You saw her, thought that yes, this is fine & got hitched. But if this had not been the girl, would you have got married then??

I do agree that buy vs rent argument won't take us anywhere. The reason I wrote my initial post was that this argument was going one sided... rent rent rent. As if buying was a crime.

Man, who say buying is a crime? Infact, we all want to buy it is just the case that we are not finding any value of now. And yes, buying with over-leveraging is bad even if it means you get a Merc for 15L but affordability is of 5L. Hope you got the point.

Why is decision to rent is considered practical while buying is an emotional one? Who are we to pass the judgment?

Just because financially it doesn't make sense to buy. Finance is run by head & not heart, my friend.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hey, no point in comparing marriage with RE coz the simple reason that you can't rent a wife:D.

Depends on once expectations from wife. like I said in my earlier post, surrogate mothers etc.

Originally Posted by realacres
    However, note that the VALUE here is again subjective. I may have a clear picture of what I want in a house.

Agreed value is subjective. And it need not be strictly "financial" value. In my case I stay in the same area as my parents and this allows me to take better care of my ailing parents. This itself negates 30% return that I would have got, had I invested this money in some hot stock. So value need not be financial always.

If you take this case with your marriage, I am sure you must be having some kind of image about the girl you want to get married. You saw her, thought that yes, this is fine & got hitched. But if this had not been the girl, would you have got married then??

lets say when I decide to get married I would come up with a list of must haves, nice to have, shouldn't have points. I hope you agree that its a race against time. So as you don't find a exact match that you are looking for, you would go on trimming your requirements and will be ready to compromise on some of them. And then if someone fits the bill, one would certainly go ahead and get married.

Now is it fair to advice fellow "grooms to be" to hold on as there aren't enough Miss Worlds to get married to at the moment??? And if someone is hell bent on getting married to a Miss World and can not compromise on any requirement, he can very well wait for the right partner. But to advice everyone that they should wait is wrong. I hope I made myself clear this time. If not "Diwali" is around anyway :-)

And yes, buying with over-leveraging is bad even if it means you get a Merc for 15L but affordability is of 5L. Hope you got the point.

Agreed. No two ways about it.

Just because financially it doesn't make sense to buy. Finance is run by head & not heart, my friend.

Whose head? the person who worked some formula of rent:EMI sitting in some corner of the world (most probably with different set of economical/geographical/social dynamics).

I am not a spokesperson for the builder community but I want to put forth a simple question that has been troubling me since i have gone through some threads here. ok here is the question.

We (forum members) analyse/discuss so much about rents, EMIs, how pune builders have jacked up rates that do not justify their products etc etc. And we think that what we are thinking is right.

May I request everyone to jump on to the other side of the line. A builder is in RE as a profession. Buying lands, building homes and selling them is his bread and butter. If we as customers, who buy at the max 1 or 2 houses in their lifetime think and analyze RE so much, wouldn't a builder think about various parameters before finalizing the prices of their products??

There are so many RE companies that are listed, don't you think they must be doing market surveys/analysis (nationally/internationally) before deciding their pricing strategy? And I am sure their way of analysis would be far more professional/scientific than ours with a lot of data to support their claims.

Would love to read your opinions about this.

Please note that I am not talking about some small time builder here.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi rock n roll, I totally agree with your views on renting vs. buying.

The issue is not should we buy (very few family guys will want to live on rent) but issue is - when to buy and why to buy.

We should not buy because prices are going to go up - not because it is an investment - but because we need a house and are making an expenditure.

When to buy is not to be based on market timing or buy before prices go up - but should be done when your financial condition permits the buy.

As for RE companies, the entire sector has been highjacked by the politicians RE mafia and expecting anything decent from them is stupidity.

I still have hopes from Tata on affordable housing
    CommentQuote
  • Real VFM

Now is it fair to advice fellow "grooms to be" to hold on as there aren't enough Miss Worlds to get married to at the moment??? And if someone is hell bent on getting married to a Miss World and can not compromise on any requirement, he can very well wait for the right partner. But to advice everyone that they should wait is wrong. I hope I made myself clear this time. If not "Diwali" is around anyway

Miss World?:D From what I have seen, I can tell you that models are some of the most dumb creatures on this planet. Infact one didn't even knew about Israel-Palestinian conflict:o. Man, some stuff looks good in the showroom but not in home, hope you got the point ;). Anyways, lets stop this comparison now.

Whose head? the person who worked some formula of rent:EMI sitting in some corner of the world (most probably with different set of economical/geographical/social dynamics).

It is not just rent:EMI but RE Price:Annual Income adjusted alongwith inflation, fluctuating interest rates & expenditure post house purchase. An individual is the best fellow to calculate his/her leveraging power, just note that calculations should be done atleast till end of loan tenure which unfortunately most people don't do. The worst part:- Most people buy out of societal pressure:o.

May I request everyone to jump on to the other side of the line. A builder is in RE as a profession. Buying lands, building homes and selling them is his bread and butter. If we as customers, who buy at the max 1 or 2 houses in their lifetime think and analyze RE so much, wouldn't a builder think about various parameters before finalizing the prices of their products??

I see the other side as well. Let the builders price their product at whatever price they want, buyers are free to accept or reject it. However, what bothers me a lot are following points:-

Timely Delivery,
    Actual flat quality (how many builders give same flat as sample flat?),
    Giving same layout as shown in brochures,
    Modifications in between about BHK configuration, change in floors, no. of flats, new buildings etc.,
    Amenities not provided, specs are different,
    Conveyance deed etc.

These are some of the issues which go beyond price, beyond buyers control once they book a flat. Now isn't it the responsibility of builder to deliver on this or is builder doing any favor by giving the buyers their flat?

Eg. Fortaleza, K'nagar added new building in amenity space, gave the gym etc. to 3rd party & made it paid one despite it being private property of residents & membership already taken;

Sun Empire by Mittal Group fooled the buyers by handing over internal road to PMC though the residents have got stay order & are fighting with the builder in court. This Mittal chap (of Sun) hasn't even installed fire-fighting equipments in Sun Empire & happily launching projects like Sun Universe without PMC sanctions;

Mont Vert buyers of Dieu, Finesse etc. couldn't get their flats just because builder got stuck in TDR mess, they were homeless for 4+ yrs after buying. Ridiculous;

Goel Ganga, Siddhivinayak, Kumar Builders, Ravirraj etc....better not talk about such crap builders.

Now how should the buyers bear all this non-sense of these builders then??:bab (45): Hence, RE is not just limited to price but delivery of end product & all the process which goes between booking & possession of the house & it is here as well, where we are unable to find VALUE.

There are so many RE companies that are listed, don't you think they must be doing market surveys/analysis (nationally/internationally) before deciding their pricing strategy? And I am sure their way of analysis would be far more professional/scientific than ours with a lot of data to support their claims.

Backdoor deals & adjustments in form of RE is rampant. Eg. Backdoor deals are never made public & adjustments are like if you want to give some kickback to some politico, he will simply ask you to buy some property where he has invested the money. This way, his earning becomes legitimate, no fear for both of getting caught & the giver also say it is good to get something in return than nothing.

Man, RE is the only source where you can park B-money without the fear of getting caught, hence the market dynamics changes slowly compared to rest. Let RE regulator be in place & see the difference.
    CommentQuote
  • Festive Offers

Folks, Festivals are just on the corner...Seasons Greetings...!!!

Check yesterday's SAKAL paper (9 Oct 10), ther is not one but twoproperty/real estate suppliments.

One thing I have noticed, an article from CREDI President Satish Magar stating that supply of FLATS is too less compared to the demand in Pune City, and there are 10 pages of various advertises from Pune builders :) What a contrast :D
    Also noticed offers like buy a flat and get a CAR free, and many other freebees... this shows the real state of current real estate market in Pune...
    Have Fun
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monds

Check yesterday's SAKAL paper (9 Oct 10), ther is not one but twoproperty/real estate suppliments.

One thing I have noticed, an article from CREDI President Satish Magar stating that supply of FLATS is too less compared to the demand in Pune City, and there are 10 pages of various advertises from Pune builders :) What a contrast :D
    Also noticed offers like buy a flat and get a CAR free, and many other freebees... this shows the real state of current real estate market in Pune...
    Have Fun

Builders amass so much wealth that they can afford to gift a car for every flat. Festive season is just to boost their sales, they aim to sell about sell 10- 15% of their project during this season. They are working on a minimum average 300% NP even if they sell 50% of their entire project on cost they will still have 100% NP. Cars, ACs, LCD, etc are actually close to peanuts for them mate:)
    CommentQuote
  • Actually these gifts are a form of giving discount without lowering price. Majority prefer the cash discount option of not taking the gift.

The more discounts advertised, more it indicates sales are a problem. If sales are good, the whole project is sold in one day - like DLFs Modi Nagar flats in Delhi - because brokers collect cheques prelaunch and submit on day one
    CommentQuote
  • Discounts always indicate low sales

Agreed with Venky. The more the discounts, offers, gifts, the more chances that these are attempts to boost up sales (which are otherwise sluggish).

Just a few examples... Car companies always come up with discounted offers during Monsoons, pre shradh season etc. Also, discounts are always on low selling models (how many have seen any discounts on Maruti Swift, Hyundai i20 etc)?

Supertores (like Pune Centrals etc) always have a sale during monsoons and there is never a sale on the fresh stock as that is going to be sold anyways.

The other day, I was talking to a salesman in a showroom (selling watches), and asked him for discounts on account of festive season. And his reply was a plain 'Sorry' as no discounts were being offered due to the festive seasons as during festive seasons, people will generally buy.

Agreed, the fundamentals of realty buying (and selling) are different from those of the other goods I mentioned earlier, but the underlying concept of discounting is the same and is used when sales are sluggish. Ideally, there shouldn't have been any discounts/offers etc in these times as the Sen is almost at its lifetime highs, job market is bullish, people are falling over one another in order to be able to grab a piece of that prized possession. Then why offer discounts in this season? When the overall sentiments are bullish, the stuff should sell without any discounts. And I would always prefer cash discounts as compared to free stuff as the free stuff is not at all useful to me whereas I can do well with the cash discount offered. But that is not being done because the realty cartel doesn't want the rates to go down and this is in fact a tool to increase the rates further.

Lets see what happens after the festive seasons. It would be interesting to see the real sales numbers for realty during this festive season. Does someone have the right resources to get these figures?
    CommentQuote
  • Some Tips

Insecure Ambegaon:-

Just yesterday, one of my friend told me that a person on a bike was looted at Ambegaon on Friday, near the petrol pump. 2 criminals over-took him on a bike, put their bike across & argued that he spit on them & then gave a punch . This fellow too gave back a punch after which the criminals took out a gun, & tried to drag him below the highway, but he showed presence of mind, gave the criminals a jerk & ran on other side of the highway. However, they fled with his bike. Man, he could have fought with these goons but as they had gun, he could do a little. Btw, this happened at 10 pm/ 2200 Hrs.

The fellow who was looted works at Hinjewadi (an ITG) & was listening to music on his bike & driving at poor speed of about 40km/hr:o. He himself admitted that he should have been more aware & should have been driving at a bit higher speed so that putting the bike across could have been difficult. A police complaint was lodged at Abhiruchi police station & he came to know that a girl was robbed of her gol_d chain & other person as well.

Man, though such incident took place on highway, this area being secluded, you won't find any other vehicles except for those plying on the highway unlike Baner, Pashan, Bavdhan, Warje etc. where people stay nearby & use the road. This area is indeed secluded, especially at night & is completely unsafe especially if you need to walk, if you stay here.

And here are people who spend 2800+ for lake view, without knowing the fact that a crocodile might be nearby!!:D

Better avoid far flung areas without proper infra & security irrespective of price & avoid projects bang on highways.

------------------------------------------------------

* Based on my experience of inter-city highway travels, make sure the following things (not related to RE but safety):-

Never give lift to anyone....even girls act as honeytraps,

Monitor the traffic behind you in rear view mirror continuously,

If you see a vehicle continuously following you, change your speed, a bit slow then fast....if the vehicle behind you does the same....be alert,

Make sure all doors are locked. Seen some idiots who never lock their doors & hence can be opened from outside , & the windows should always be rolled up/closed,

Person on driver's adjoining seat/in front should be the one who remains awake & alert. Driver should focus on road & this fellow off road,

If you see stones being kept on the road without any reason, ask all the passengers to bend & keep their heads below the height of the window with hands on their head. In most cases, if you don't stop (you shouldn't stop), the dacoits will pelt stones, so to avoid injuries, ask everyone to bend down beforehand,

On highways, make sure the car uses tubeless tyres, run flat tyres even better,

Always seat women, if any, on backseat......only men should be seen on front seats. See some chaps where women are on front seat of the car, making these cars easy targets,

Never wear jewelry while traveling, be it men or women,

If the road is good, drive cars like Accord, Laura etc. but in case of bad roads or non-major city roads, travel by MPV/SUV as bad roads could create problem & driving premium cars without escort can again become a target on secluded stretches. However, MUVs like Tavera are of no use as they can't run fast in case of emergency or brake properly (even Innova has braking probs, but atleast speed is good to flee the scene).

Never ever travel long routes with small cars like Wagon-R, Swift, i10 etc. Such cars are the first preference as bakras for highway dacoits. Those who have to travel by car & own small cars, better hire a cab then like Innova, but never drive a small car on such stretches. Infact, the cab drivers also have latest report about the roads & risky points on the stretch which is a big plus.

Never unnecessarily mess around with other vehicles on the road, even if you have weapons with you, maintain calm in all times, however, never give out image as if you are scared, so need not give side when it is not possible,

Have atleast some knowledge about engine, fuse & changing of tyres,

As far as possible, travel in a convoy to ward off threat. Personally I prefer taking out 5-6 cars than a mini-bus, no one messes around on the road even if there are just say 2 people in one car!!

Always maintain change for toll booths, giving out 500/1000 note may invite attention. Never know where the crook stands or the toll chap is involved with the dacoits to pass information about the vehicle,

Never halt at cheap dhabas, unknown motels;

If possible, go for fancy no. like 0004, 2222 etc. others become a bit wary of the vehicle (my maternal uncle has all vehicles with no. 7, writes it as 007:bab (34):), books 2-3 months in advance, really worth on highway runs,

Last but not the least, dress simple, infact I have even different types of goggles, watches, meant for travels... in short do nothing which grabs attention of others.

I know I consumed lot of your time & deviated from topic, but can't stop to give this info to you all for your safety. Man, these simple things make journey on roads far secure & easier
    :).
    CommentQuote
  • Dip In Actual Sales & Prices

Originally Posted by monds

One thing I have noticed, an article from CREDI President Satish Magar stating that supply of FLATS is too less compared to the demand in Pune City, and there are 10 pages of various advertises from Pune builders. What a contrast :D
    Have Fun

Some are giving free stamp duty + registration, which means atleast 5% discount. Cars, semi-furnished flats etc. means atleast 4-6% discount, though not in cash. Some are giving free international holiday .

Builders like Amit has introduced schemes for their new projects like pay 15% & balance 85% at time of possession, the EMIs till possession will be borne by the builder.....this means discount to buyers (on loan) + shows that taking credit from market has become difficult for builders.

Man, even old projects like Kumar Shantiniketan are giving freebies.....all this just indicates current prices not sustainable. No builder will do charity to give anything free.

Btw, property exibii is going to be held this month at Hotel Pride Executive:bab (66):, Ganeshkhind road (this hotelier has stake in Pride Purple group). Really fed up of these exhibiis man.:o
    CommentQuote