Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Nice chart frugal.
    Originally posted by Sharpj View Post
    I always see some sort of typecast on North Indians when it comes to cleanliness.. I am hurt that we the so called educated middle class get swayed by politicians like Raj Thackeray. The problem is not certain people but it is poverty..
    North Indians if you see are dirty in totality. Take a simple case of 2 big religious places:-

Varanasi & Madurai. Varanasi is full of spits of paan on road, junk smell in crowded areas, most of the small restaurants have zero hygiene.....then check out Madurai, clean streets, no spitting on roads (very few consume things like paan & gutkha is almost non-existent), many people take bath twice a day, the front of the entrance door is always clean with Rangoli,....now doesn't Madurai have poor people? Man, cleanliness is mostly in blood. Ever seen Narendra Modi, Karunanidhi, Yedurappa spitting the way Lallu Yadav & co. from UP-Bihar does??

Man, don't take this personally, but in terms of overall population, cleanliness is more in West, North East & South India compared to North.
    Btw, visit some constro site & the laborers who spit on walls will be from North India.

As far as total cleanliness is concerned, it is the population to be blamed. The laundry fellow nearby has family in UP & he has 11 kids , the person who sells flowers nearby has 5 kids ......now what wonders me is why produce so much when you can't maintain them??
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

All Indians are dirty compared to chinese (East Asians), Blacks and Whites.

I live in Delhi and can state with confidence that UP and Bihari people are the dirtiest of a dirty lot.

There is no corner of India which seems clean when you visit - even the beatutiful streams of HP have potty everywhere when you go near.

Only clean place is Corbett park - because if you try to do potty there, tiger/crocodile will eat you.

Still, people of the Corbett village and the guards will dirty the place.

We are like this only
      Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

See I still think it is a cycle of illiteracy and poverty that is the reason this.. and not any particular community.. Maybe there have been certain people who have been in this cycle for longer.. like the Biharis.. or the blacks in africa.. that the problem is genetic now..
        Pan and ghutkas are biggest banes and should be banned
        Have you seen Howrah railway station in Calcutta.. It is extreme in filth..
        But the point I am making is fringe politicians use this for their own purpose..
        be it Raj or the AH Lalu or Abu Azmi..
        Raj is trying to be project himself to become the leader...
        Sena is trying to go one up on Raj...
        BJP is at the sidelines seeing which one will emerge stronger..
        NCP and Congress is letting Raj grow to split the opposition..
        Samajwadi and JDU wants to use this for mileage back home...

Have you been to Uttarkhand.. or Uttarachal whatever it is called.. It is quite beautiful.. however dirty ganga is.. It has been a part of UP..

The poor migrant laborer is always dirty .. whichever part of India he comes from..
        One of my gujju friends recently was traveling by public transport in UK and he sat next to an white teenager who remarked.. "Man you Indians stink.. what do you eat" .. Of course she was the fringe element in the society.. but people are always scared of outsiders and politicians play on this fear...

Comment

Lets get back to Real Estate now.

As someone said, if one doesn't buy now - he or she will have to buy house more 2 km away from city center :-((

Comment

Originally posted by puser View Post

As someone said, if one doesn't buy now - he or she will have to buy house more 2 km away from city center :-((
            Lets do one thing:- Wait for 5 yrs & buy in Mumbai.
            C'mon man, these are builders' tricks, sad to see forum members here falling to these tricks.

If all the affordabilty is 2km away from city, then who will buy in city? Again, will you buy 40L flat at Bhugaon or rent a 60L flat for 13k at Aundh/Baner?? How long will builders keep selling their flats?

Man, the case of Mumbai/Delhi is different where there is demand for central areas from HNIs & land space is small, so came the outskirts. However, outskirts came when internally no land was available. Also, satellite cities like Navi Mumbai, Gurgaon came up where it is just another city. What's the case of Pune? Acres of land is lying vacant at Balewadi, Wakad, opp side of Sus road.....& people are taking about Bhuagon & Mulshi??

Man, do some aerial survey to see how huge traces of land is available.....or simply use satellite pics to see the land lying vacant. Builders move outside so that they get land for under 100/sq ft & sell the flat for 2900/sq ft......see how you are being conned. For me, I would buy in PCMC for 2600/sq ft rather than going to places like Bhugaon.

Go out of Pune is just a scary thought put in buyers mind by the builders so that they purchase in areas like Wakad & Kharadi. Before giving in to builders word, find out the absorption rate & then take a call.
            If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Not yet, wait, here are some pics from Singapore, I got in FW email. A swimming pool on 55th floor of a resort.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpj View Post
                Have you seen Howrah railway station in Calcutta.. It is extreme in filth..
                I agree with Venky here, we Indians are like this only, its not north or south.

Why go so far, just visit Pune station, 5 and 6th platform. Stand there for 1 hr and I will buy you food and beer

Comment

Time will tell, Trust your rationale and not builder sales people. If you know your salary and people around you and feel prices are unaffordable, they will correct. Its not just you and I are poor, its every body having similar salary.

One should trust himself more than the builder sales people and their tall claims.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                    Lets do one thing:- Wait for 5 yrs & buy in Mumbai.
                    Good Idea.

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                    Builders move outside so that they get land for under 100/sq ft & sell the flat for 2900/sq ft......see how you are being conned. For me, I would buy in PCMC for 2600/sq ft rather than going to places like Bhugaon.

Go out of Pune is just a scary thought put in buyers mind by the builders so that they purchase in areas like Wakad & Kharadi. Before giving in to builders word, find out the absorption rate & then take a call.
                    I believe, one of the reason why builders do this(launch project in remote location with high cost) is to justify the prices for inner locations. People start feeling that Pan card club Baner/Wakad/PS are center of city, and no more remote.

People also start believing that If prices in Kharadi and Bugaon, Ambegaon are so high then Baner/Wakad/PS at current prices is such a good offer.

Also you see all the tall claims of sold out on launch day come from these remote locations Ambegaon/Kharadi/Talegaon etc. People like Jitu selling good stuff in good locality comparatively struggle to sell.

Now who do you want to trust?

Some day this will end, till then enjoy other things in life.

Comment

Rajesh

People are buying it anyway, I know people who have bought 50L, 60L flats; and don't think they're bragging

I feel I am just underpaid or may be we are forming new society where buying house is limited to onsite frequenters, NRIs, big shots, businessmen etc

Pune has disadvantage that its close to Mumbai, and Mumbai folks find Pune cheap even at 5K per sqft rate . I am shocked to learn 5500 psft rate in Baner

BTW is that waterfall, a man is swimming and u cant see other end of pool

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X