Collapse

Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

today just come across a article on moneycontrol where experts are predicting propert price crash from 10-30 percent in major cities across india.

Comment

Originally posted by fundoo158 View Post
      How does the new DTC bill treats HRA component? Has that been taken off? ...If yes ....it will be a major blow for ppl planning to stay on rent ...

Secondly, interest exemption on Housing loan is only on self occupied and not let out ones...Is my understading correct? In that case, if one buys property in city "X" and moves to "Y"....He can't benefit from any thing...neither rent nor loan??...Won't his life become mess..?
      You are right but things are not yet clear. Rent will go. Things are not clear abt interest on self occupied thing. Principle part will also go. savings have to be in PPF(locking almost 15 yrs) or PF. Looks like screwed salaried people.

Comment

Originally posted by mahesh pune View Post
        You are right but things are not yet clear. Rent will go. Things are not clear abt interest on self occupied thing. Principle part will also go. savings have to be in PPF(locking almost 15 yrs) or PF. Looks like screwed salaried people.
        do you mean the second house loan interest will not get deducted from taxable income ( if my living house is loan free) ?

Jitu sir, this will bring down the housing market. are you aware of this amendment ?

Comment

Originally posted by HemantDesh View Post
          do you mean the second house loan interest will not get deducted from taxable income ( if my living house is loan free) ?

Jitu sir, this will bring down the housing market. are you aware of this amendment ?
          If you have occupied house for which you have taken loan then you can take tax benefit(interest). But if you are staying in other city how can you claim that it is occupied by you. but things are not clear as you can say it is occupied by your family.

Comment

If you have occupied house for which you have taken loan then you can take tax benefit(interest). But if you are staying in other city how can you claim that it is occupied by you. but things are not clear as you can say it is occupied by your family.
            http://www.business-standard.com/ind...crisis/406424/

Companies to cut onsite presence!!! Wish it becomes true.....It will help cool things off a little

Comment

Lots of uncertainity here...."Self" word is very dangerous in Income tax rules...For LTA...your ("Self") travel is must...& If family is travelling (without you), LTA cannot be claimed.

It seems..Pranab da..has given from 1 hand and taken lots back from other hand... Given this become effective in 2012 and there is election subsequent year...they will have to bring back HRA allowance atleast...

Veterans....your views plz on this issue...

Comment

Mahesh,

If someone has both the house in same city. One is loan free where he stays and another one which is not occupied and has loan on it. Can he get tax exemption on interest of that second house ?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post

promising a lot and delivering very little
                  Wiseman,

The above statement really summarizes the story in so many areas. Housing, Government, Corporates, customer service, quality of life etc.

The Govt has actually maintained a very tight leash on everything since coming into power. Hailed as a game changer, the biggest election result in the last 20 years, the dream team combo of our PM and dear FM (currently HM), this was made as if India is going to change forever. But Govt has hardly made a move. Except for the slight decontrolling of oil prices, no real policy change. And there are lot of indications that they are forced to accede to the demands of the coalition partners and hence it is very unlikely that any major policy move will actually come through. Overall, it has actually been disappointing.

Financially, like many others, I really don't understand the over enthusiasm about India economy. It is like my neighbor is a Billionaire and I see Audis, Mercs and BMWs parked in front of his house everyday and I start feeling that I am also doing great and as if they all belong to me as well. He is partying all day and nights and I get invited to all those parties. Once he goes away, everything will go and I will be ruined coz I am used to all that and coming back to reality (my normal life) will be very tough. Remember, water flows Naturally from a higher altitude to a lower altitude but the reverse is not possible and always requires an external help.

There is so much of false sense of tremendous growth projected everywhere that everyone starts believing in it. For all practical purposes, it is a classical crash in the making. Off late, I have started every third person discussing about investing into stocks. And that for sure is a sign of another crash (many pundits have predicted it towards end of 2011 and beginning of 2012). Although right now, the man on the street is still not talking about stocks, but they are talking about realty :-).

Lets see how long things can survive. The whole movement has been directed towards increasing consumerism in India and eventually the banks are going to benefit. During the crash in 2008-09, lot of people predicted a crash in realty too. Builders get the flak for not reducing the prices etc. But it was the banks who were the actual villains.

The whole consumerism movement is actually helping the banks as they are able to replicate what used to happen during the boomers generation in the US. Load up on debt and when every other person is borrowing, it becomes a norm. The whole point about over-leveraging is being promoted everywhere. Be it realty, the new LCD TV model, the new car and some companies have even gone to the extent of selling jeans on EMI. A virtual slavery (this time it is economic slavery) is being affected with White men being replaced by our banks and government.

Lets hope better sense prevails and people understand this whole thing sooner than later. How long can we survive on our own when the biggest economies in the world are going to go down remains a question?

Comment

Originally posted by HemantDesh View Post
                    Mahesh,

If someone has both the house in same city. One is loan free where he stays and another one which is not occupied and has loan on it. Can he get tax exemption on interest of that second house ?
                    As per rule NO. But who is stopping you to say that you are occuping house with loan.

Comment

Here everyone is talking about the economical problem. Even my US friends say the situation is not improving. . But everyone is saying market is bullish. If you look the senesx ,IT recruitment, auto sector and banking there is no sign of depression. Whatever we are discussing here, are those are a hypothetical analysis or worst scenario?
                      There is no sign to relief in the Realty. Few days back, I have visited some builder site and I was surprise to see negative policy. Earlier, the ready possession/ongoing buildings were selling at higher rate but now the new buildings are on higher rate.
                      I have written this because there is not a single dip after the mid 2009 and we are still hoping for crash in the economy. I would be happy if I will see 15% dip in the Pune real estate and quite sure not possible in the near future.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X