Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Originally posted by informsantosh View Post
    Ironically we all are bashing our current educational system and developing countries wants to learn from us. At least in election fever USA president chime about how India and China are surging ahead by producing more graduates.
    I am not education expert but some of the points I would like to point out here
    1. In many speeches US president is praising India’s educations system. And our education minister Mr Sibal (Harvard Graduate) wants to dismantle it and follow USA.
    Fact is many kids in US are dropping out of the universities because of which there is talent crunch. It is not that our education system is great but it is like study so that you get good job & wife/hubby. You know what type of standard Bharati Vidyapeeth has?? The seats are sold 1-2 years in advance & I know atleast 4 cases for the same. Man, MIT (US) beats all the IITs combined hands down. It is only the Indian brains which makes look out education system to be good. I don't understand the need of having one language compulsory for 2nd year Bsc.

* The SPELLBEE competition which is held in US is being won by PIO or by the kids of Indian origin for last 4 consecutive years. This is Indian brains man & not US education system.

I agree to rest of the points though.

Bottom-line : There are many things which we can improve but please have rational thoghtprocess about that instead of mocking failed western policies.
    Enough of cribbing, I am curious how CWG turns out after finding stray dog on sportsman’s bed.
    I am sure even after failure of all these things we will not learn anything.

Jai Ho! Composer did not have time to write better song for his country for CWG and have time to do world tours.
    Apart from dog, a overhead foot bridge collapsed injuring 29 with 5 of them being critical. I don't know what type of crap song this time Rehman came up this time despite taking INR 5 Cr for the song. He is one of the finest music directors this country has & the current song definitely doesn't suite the standard of ARR especially after listening to the theme music of Worldspace Sat Radio & Airtel; it looks more like Anu Malik!!

Btw, I will be very happy if these CWG fail.
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Our standards of hygiene are different from theirs.. is a classic quote.. Indian Politicians/ builders are so used to people not questioning about providing basic infra and also meeting deadlines and all this is new ..

I think it is time to put our hands to the heart and sing.. All izz Well ..

Comment

Originally posted by RAJESHP View Post
        I was talking about respect we have to teachers in general.
        I want to challenge all these smart and intelligent humans, who consider teachers job, full time pass and call them monkey, to try and take a class themselves and see how they are treated by students in the class. That will also test their own skills and show them mirror, where they can see what they are capable of.
        Rajesh P, please google and look up "if you pay peanuts, you get only monkeys". Obviously your teachers did not do a very good job of educating you.

Going from that to "all teachers are monkeys" - only exposes your taleban/RSS mentality - who misunderstand everything thanks to their deficient education, take umbrage on imagined insults, become needlessly angry and resort to violence.

Very similar to what happened with Shashi Tharoor for his "cattle class and holy cows" comment - nobody understood it, but were happy to misunderstand it, and shout "he thinks we are all cattle - he is unsulting cows" etc.

Signs of poor education.

FYI I am a teacher (although at college level), my mother was a maths teacher, my father taught physics at intermediate level before taking up a govt job, my grandfather was a physics professor and my wife is a teacher - and a damn good one - who is currently preferring to sit at home and teach only our own children - because of the deficiencies in what claims to be one of the countries best schools.

Coming back to topic, check out

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/15/real...ound/index.htm

There are many other signs of early recovery including housing starts data released today
        Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Interesting bubble theory :

http://trak.in/tags/business/2008/10...-bubble-story/

Comment

Originally posted by suryawork View Post
            It's may or may not be a bubble story as yet,
            but it certainly is double or triple story w.r.t. RE prices.

Comment

Thats because they only see our brightest ...

Originally posted by informsantosh View Post
              Ironically we all are bashing our current educational system and developing countries wants to learn from us. At least in election fever USA president chime about how India and China are surging ahead by producing more graduates.
              I am not education expert but some of the points:
              1. In many speeches US president is praising India’s educations system. And our education minister Mr Sibal (Harvard Graduate) wants to dismantle it and follow USA.

2. We need better teachers no doubt about it. After 90’s economic liberalization very few talented people are opting for teaching profession.

3. Because of surge of tuitions and extra coaching noble profession of teaching has become money spinning machine.

4. Developed countries have luxury where many successful professionals return to educational institutions. I have hardly seen that trend. Always we are running behind accumulating wealth for our next seven generation. Bill Gates is donating all his fortunate for noble cause instead of giving to his three kids.

5. Slowly we have to move away from British era of education system where they just wanted to churn out clerks for running their empire. Let’s start specialization from 10th grade instead of pushing until +2 (12th grade)

6. Today’s need is not just writing and mugging things but reading and analytical skills.

7. Also lets have some layered education as per IQ’s of student, In most education system we put all students in same system and everyone is competing with everyone.

8. Developing countries education stress on generating worker/coolies (IT/Manufacturing). So they loose on innovation side of job.

9. Developed world education system, just focus on creating special talented people and they loose on generating coolies who are also needed for doing low level jobs and they turn to immigrants to clean the mess.

10. I kind of agree with books. It’s really important we should have best book writers. Otherwise every other day main bridges will be failing as out education have just taught engineers how to do ‘Jugad’ and corruption and how not carry out bridge construction.

11. Lets enforce some moral policing in school, we should start appreciating our freedom and respecting our great nation.

Bottom-line : There are many things which we can improve but please have rational thoghtprocess about that instead of mocking failed western policies.
              Enough of cribbing, I am curious how CWG turns out after finding stray dog on sportsman’s bed.
              I am sure even after failure of all these things we will not learn anything.

Jai Ho! Composer did not have time to write better song for his country for CWG and have time to do world tours.

Santosh,

You have basically the creamy layer which went out there (especially in the 60s, 70s and 80s) and therefore, when you see half a million IIT and other Grads who have additionally PHd'd out of Stanford or wherever, you can overlay this segment onto the general Indian population and say, ! All Indians are geniuses!!!

And so, they assume (must be the dumber ones there) that this IIT must be education heaven since so many IIT'ians are rising to the top, launching Net companies, etc, etc.

How many of these guys have actually come down and sat in our classes and come to that conclusion.

So, when our school textbooks have such terrible bloomers and out teachers don't know enough to correct them, we are not far off the mark saying that this approach will soon see us at the bottom of the educational ladder.

Let us not keep kidding ourselves with "Jai Ho"s about how great we are when the rot is so obvious. Just like today's article in MSN where Some American Thinktank stated that India was the World's third superpower country behind US and EU (that cretin considers the EU as a country?!).

And I was mentioning out loud that we must be the world's only superpower in its entire history which can't even build out a Games Village on time (after being given ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!)

Lets get Real ...

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
                Let us not keep kidding ourselves with "Jai Ho"s about how great we are when the rot is so obvious. Just like today's article in MSN where Some American Thinktank stated that India was the World's third superpower country behind US and EU (that cretin considers the EU as a country?!).

And I was mentioning out loud that we must be the world's only superpower in its entire history which can't even build out a Games Village on time (after being given ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!)

Lets get Real ...

cheers
                We're Jay-Ho (irresponsible & day-dreaming) super-power. Can NOT create even basic things like good toilets, bridges and pavements
                Last edited by hitmady; September 22 2010, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post

Lets get Real ...

cheers
                  My point was instead of swinging pendulum to far left or right let’s find some center. We have to find right balance in our education system. Current central education minister is just pondering higher education where as his focus should be been primary education for all, along with quality of education. I agree with your point that books should be written with little more responsibility. If we don’t play this correct we will be repenting about lost generation after 40 years.

I am too frustrated with mediocrity of people who are governing us. It pains to see that few politicians hijacked CWG event and faltered us all. Amazing many times we compare ourselves with China. Please people see what china did with Olympic and what we are left with CWG mess that to be with 28 thousand core bill.

Despite all these still I love my country because I have hope that slowly but surely we will be one of the developed nation.

Comment

Originally posted by amjamirs2 View Post
                    I feel there are both good an bad teachers in our schools.
                    The good teachers are always respected by students whereas bad teachers are treated roughly by students.
                    Its not like all teachers are bad and they do timepass.
                    Yes and same is the case with any profession. There is always a mix of good and not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
                      Rajesh P, please google and look up "if you pay peanuts, you get only monkeys". Obviously your teachers did not do a very good job of educating you.

Going from that to "all teachers are monkeys" - only exposes your taleban/RSS mentality - who misunderstand everything thanks to their deficient education, take umbrage on imagined insults, become needlessly angry and resort to violence.
                      Yuuukkkkk, is all I can say! your words are speaking for yourself.

I was unaware of this phrase/idiom and thought you are calling teachers as monkeys. I was offended and did not like this statement, because I have multiple people as teachers in my family.

There was a polite way to reply, but you choose.... the above.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X