Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Originally posted by rocknrolls View Post
    Why is decision to rent is considered practical while buying is an emotional one? Who are we to pass the judgment?
    With 3rd rate/laughable infrastructure in Mumbai, Pune, RE prices (EMI=4x Rent) are comparable to USA/Europe.
    Forget about comparing RE-quality & income-levels in USA/Europe and Mumbai/Pune
    Residential RE buying is purely emotional. It is precisely the reason for prices so high and builders unaccountable
    Do we marry because we think we won't find a better girl? :-)
    I know in the long run the prices will go up. they might not outclass index but who cares as I am enjoying my asset too.
    Would one marry his house-maid coz in the long-run house-maid rate will go up? A more absurd question
    When majority (read upper-middle-class) can't afford property today then how you can expect price to go-up further?
    Do you expect American/European to buy RE here?
    Last edited by hitmady; October 8 2010, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I bought my house because I saw tremendous value in it. It satisfied all my requirements at that time and at a price that I could "afford". I don't care if the price in my area goes up or down as its a notional gain/loss. Although I know in the long run the prices will go up. they might not outclass index but who cares as I am enjoying my asset too.
      Thanks for being candid. That is what I was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by frugality View Post
        now whats so special about Pune that its even Costlier then Better cities like Banglore, Hyderabad, Noida ??? they dipped well in 2009 and even now cheaper
        and in real value terms its costlier then Most of the developed Countries RE?
        Dude write atleast one post that does not curse Pune RE and does not compare it with developed countries.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmady View Post
          When majority (read upper-middle-class) can't afford property today then how you can expect price to go-up further?
          This is where RE bulls do not want to think. They expect some Harry potter magic to pocket people with money to feed builders.

People can pay only what is there in their pocket, question is has buyers pocket depth hit, I think yes, way back in 2008.

Comment

Bubble

Capital markets are fine but real estate is in trouble

http://www.moneycontrol.com/video/bu...kh_489502.html

Comment

Residential RE buying is purely emotional. It is precisely the reason for prices so high and builders unaccountable.
              If thats the case why are you on this forum? Why do you want the prices to come down? If its an emotional decision, wait for your emotions to spill over. :-) Don't worry about the money and what builders are doing etc.

Would one marry his house-maid coz in the long-run house-maid rate will go up? A more absurd question
              Please go and watch Matrubhoomi. You would get the answer to your absurd question.
              How do you know majority upper-middle-class?? do you have statistics? how do you categorise upper middle class?? how many of them you know personally? how do you know the other upper middle class people are not buying?

Originally posted by RAJESHP View Post
              Dude write atleast one post that does not curse Pune RE and does not compare it with developed countries.
              +1 to that.
              Last edited by rocknrolls; October 9 2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Frugality, why are u comparing with those charts of developed countries..
                What is their inflation, interest rates, GDP growth rate, etc..
                Can you please compare those also with India?

"Can you tell me rate of Vada-pav in india in 2000 and rate of a Burger in US in 2000 and those of prizes today?"..

Also, guys above statement is just for knowing bit on inflation in both countries... Plz Don't start comparing "Vada-pav Vs RE in Pune"
                Last edited by tpshere; October 9 2010, 09:55 AM.

Comment

If thats the case why are you on this forum? Why do you want the prices to come down? If its an emotional decision, wait for your emotions to spill over. :-) Don't worry about the money and what builders are doing etc.
                  I am in this forum to share and learn from others experience. As a prospective buyer, I want RE prices to come down so can afford decent dwelling in the city.

Please go and watch Matrubhoomi. You would get the answer to your absurd question.
                  How do you know majority upper-middle-class?? do you have statistics? how do you categorise upper middle class?? how many of them you know personally? how do you know the other upper middle class people are not buying?
                  I have watched "Matrubhoomi" a very hard-hitting movie about an INDIA with few women. Family of brothers sharing a wife Greed for boys leads to a nation without women

My friend, today cannot afford to buy the flat I bought 6 yrs back in Mumbai (although done well professionally).
                  In last 6 yrs RE-rates has shot-up 3-4 times. Do you still need statistics?
                  Now if I say inflation is very-high and RBI is worried about it, you will ask the same question "Do you have statistics?" and so on....
                  Last edited by hitmady; October 9 2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Real, valid arguments.

Buying vs. rent , should be on case to case basis, cannot be universal .

Do we marry because we think we won't find a better girl? :-)

I bought my house because I saw tremendous value in it. It satisfied all my requirements at that time and at a price that I could "afford". I don't care if the price in my area goes up or down as its a notional gain/loss. Although I know in the long run the prices will go up. they might not outclass index but who cares as I am enjoying my asset too.

I do agree that buy vs rent argument won't take us anywhere. The reason I wrote my initial post was that this argument was going one sided... rent rent rent. As if buying was a crime.

I absolutely agree with your thoughts on rigid positions as well. Hence everyone should not stick to "No Buying" position. The decision should be taken on case by case basis.

Why is decision to rent is considered practical while buying is an emotional one? Who are we to pass the judgment?
                    Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Self Knowledge Must Before Marriage

Originally posted by puser View Post
                      then u expect one to marry? at 35?
                      One should get hitched when you are sure about your own & are financially completely independent. No point in getting married based on PROPOSED career. Just last week, came to know that a guy of 25 got engaged to his GF. Both parents agreed to the relationship but the girl's parents wanted to delay the marriage as both want to pursue higher studies for which this chap may go out of state. So, it was better is they complete education & then get married but boys family refused & they are going to get married in Dec this year for which I will get an invitation next month. So, one more bakra. Btw, this guy is again an ITG.

Seeing such things, I really wonder what's the use of getting married at early stage when nothing is sure. For me, if you ask the age, I think for men, it has to be 28-28.5.
                      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X