Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Collapse
X
Collapse

Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

    Originally posted by khbarilal View Post
    The number of properties on sale is rising with fastest pace due to unsustainable prices. This is just a glance from Magicbrick’s. There are more sites which are not covered here, but one can add those offers as well as non-internet based offers.

    Total ads = 19,707
    Baner 1062
    Kharadi 2721
    Wakad 1434
    Hadpsar-28 1407
    Magarpatta 1226
    Pimpale Saudagar 1140
    Viman Nagar 1108
    Kalayani Nagar 890
    NIBM Rd 731
    Aundh 592
    Hadapsar-22 591
    Wanwadi 574
    Dhanori 559
    Undri 478
    Good one. Shows that buying and selling with profit will be very difficult.

    Comment


    • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

      Originally posted by khbarilal View Post
      The number of properties on sale is rising with fastest pace due to unsustainable prices. This is just a glance from Magicbrick’s. There are more sites which are not covered here, but one can add those offers as well as non-internet based offers.

      Total ads = 19,707
      Baner 1062
      Kharadi 2721
      Wakad 1434
      Hadpsar-28 1407
      Magarpatta 1226
      Pimpale Saudagar 1140
      Viman Nagar 1108
      Kalayani Nagar 890
      NIBM Rd 731
      Aundh 592
      Hadapsar-22 591
      Wanwadi 574
      Dhanori 559
      Undri 478
      I do agree prices are high....but the above number might be misleading due to the fact that there will be multiple posting of the same property by different brokers. Add to it some of the deals might have been closed but are still lingering on the website.

      Having said that there might be more properties out there to be sold but not on the above list.

      VK

      Comment


      • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

        Originally posted by veeemkay View Post
        I do agree prices are high....but the above number might be misleading due to the fact that there will be multiple posting of the same property by different brokers. Add to it some of the deals might have been closed but are still lingering on the website.

        Having said that there might be more properties out there to be sold but not on the above list.

        VK
        Even if you consider that 1/3 ads are legit, the number comes to roughly 6500. I expect that the houses for sale not listed online will be a sizable number. Plus there will be ads on other websites/newspapers etc.

        I think it would be safe to make a conservative total estimate of 10,000. This is huge. Considering the current rates, I doubt how many of these apartments will find buyers.
        Last edited by nikhil_05; January 12 2011, 11:04 AM.

        Comment


        • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

          Originally posted by nikhil_05 View Post
          Even if you consider that 1/3 ads are legit, the number comes to roughly 6500. I expect that the houses for sale not listed online will be a sizable number. Plus there will be ads on other websites/newspapers etc.

          I think it would be safe to make a conservative total estimate of 10,000. This is huge. Considering the current rates, I doubt how many of these apartments will find buyers.
          Few more facts (I have verified it):
          1) You will find most of the ADs by broker x, y, z.
          Let's say broker X has posted 100 ADs.
          Out of 100, few are duplicates and few are fake (so they get the inquiry call). Only 5 to 6 are genuine post.

          2) Let's say if broker X has posted genuine post but seller is just wanted to chk the market value but not intersted in transaction. (They just wanted to chk if anyone is ready to give me 75 lacs for my 3 bhk ).

          What I want to convey is let's not get into this disc as no one can give correct prediction here.

          Thanks,
          Jigar

          Comment


          • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

            Everyone can interpret data by looking at limiting the view of it which suits best with him/her belief . But its a good discussion.

            Comment


            • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

              Where r u wiseman, missing yr. inputs ? They r great reads .
              Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

              Comment


              • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                Originally posted by jigarshah View Post
                Few more facts (I have verified it):
                1) You will find most of the ADs by broker x, y, z.
                Let's say broker X has posted 100 ADs.
                Out of 100, few are duplicates and few are fake (so they get the inquiry call). Only 5 to 6 are genuine post.

                2) Let's say if broker X has posted genuine post but seller is just wanted to chk the market value but not intersted in transaction. (They just wanted to chk if anyone is ready to give me 75 lacs for my 3 bhk ).

                What I want to convey is let's not get into this disc as no one can give correct prediction here.

                Thanks,
                Jigar

                Yes, these numbers do not say anything, nor does any survey results or any news article means.

                ONLY reliable indicator is rent. I do not know why people tend to Ignore this and get carried away with fancy numbers and new articles.

                Good luck.

                Comment


                • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                  RE financiers demanding more

                  Even a layman knows that there is direct relationship between risk & return. Now when sophisticated inventors (PE funds) are demanding 24% one can imagine the current market risk associate with RE OR is it may be confirming downfall.

                  "Gone are the days when banks sanctioned real estate loans by the dozen to shore up growth numbers. With the bribes-for-loans controversy, PSU banks are not as keen to lend to real estate, and this is forcing developers to turn to private equity funds and financiers paying as much as 24% interest on some loans."


                  http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/cnbc-tv18-comments/funding-cramps-developers-costcap-rises-to-25-_512732.html

                  Comment


                  • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                    Is Rent a leading indicator of market ?

                    Unfortunately, rent is not a reliable indicator due to sotic laws in India. If India abolish these sotic Law, rent will become the leading indicator. But the day this happen, real estate market will crash as market will get flooded with rental properties & long term leasing options in residential.

                    Comment


                    • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                      Is there any source where we get information about registrations done in Govt. department?

                      It would be interesting to know how many actual deals were done YoY/QoQ/Month-Over-Month in each locality or PMC in total.

                      Comment

                      Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X