Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Why does NCP keep winning

Real,

We all know NCP has some corrupt politicians but why do they keep winning? The firing on farmers recently highlights and its aftermath made me realise that they do not have really too much of support their either..

Why do they keep winning? who votes for them? is it because the opposition is equally worse and I choose a lesser evil...

Property prices will not significantly dip as there are always a few people who need houses and will buy even if the prices are high..

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpj View Post
      Real,

We all know NCP has some corrupt politicians but why do they keep winning? The firing on farmers recently highlights and its aftermath made me realise that they do not have really too much of support their either..

Why do they keep winning? who votes for them? is it because the opposition is equally worse and I choose a lesser evil...
      All parties have good & bad politicos in them, it is just that NCP has lot of muscle power in Pune & adjoining areas compared to the opposition. And by muscle power I don't mean 'karyakartas', it means they have support of history-sheeters too. Gangsters like Baba Bodke were given membership by Yeda Pawar himself & after public outrage, he was expelled.

Then there was one more goon who was the NCP Youth Prez & was shot dead in his scorpio (patent vehicle of NCP) in front of Dashbhujya Ganpati, Karve road couple of years back. He was wanted in several cases of murder, attempt to murder, extortion etc.

And last but not the least, people like us don't go out to vote; forget taking active interest in politics + the opposition (BJP, SS, MNS) don't have mass appeal leader either.

MNS had great chances on the back of Ramesh Wanjale (also called as goldman), MLA from Khadakvasla but his untimely death was a big loss to MNS. Infact, I too was saddened by his death as I had met him atleast 3 times in past 1.5 yrs & I must admit that he was the best MLA in the city. I felt very sad when I need to delete such person's name from my fone-book .

Bapu Pathare (NCP MLA) & Vinayak Nimhan (Cong MLA) are crap. Bapu is close to yeda pawar while Nimhan is a pet of Narayan Rane & manages Rane's interests in Pune.
      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

The Slowdown Scare

A very good article describing the changing global economic scenario:-

The Slowdown Scare - Indian Express

Comment

Good news for folks who were expecting some correction in RE prices.

Following is from Bangalore - Times of India, 13-Aug-2011, Page# 25.

e-paper Sign-in

-------------------------
          P RO P E RT Y MATTERS

Property being discounted as demand drops

Shilpa Phadnis TNN

Developers are not willing to publicly admit it, but the word on the street is that they are beginning to discount their properties in order to persuade peopletobuy. Some areoffering freebies.
          In Bangalore the discounts are said to be between 8% and 15% on listed prices. In Mumbai, where residential transaction volumes have dropped significantly, the discounts are steeper at 20-30%.
          Prashanth Sambargi, partner at real estate firm MarsRealty,saidthe majority of discounting ishappening in projects with ticket sizes of Rs 70 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
          Farook Mahmood, CMD of Silverline Realty, said the big five developers in Bangalore are not discounting on their products. “Butthereicesssupply in the midsegment. Sosome areoffering discountstooffloadinventory,” he said.
          Century Real Estate in Bangalore is offering big discounts to those who make accelerated payments for its luxury apartment project Renata on Richmond Road. The pre-launch listed price was Rs 17,000 per sft, but buyers are said to have got it for Rs 15,000, 13% less than the quoted offer.
          Afewweeks ago,the quoted priceof the property was raised to Rs 19,500. But Ravindra Pai, MD of Century Real Estate, said that some of the second home buyers planning to buy into the project were showing no signs of urgency.
          Mumbai-based Lodha Developers is offering a free trip to Singapore for the first 40 people booking property in their Casa Rio project at Dombivili.
          In Mumbai, some areas have seen sharp drops in prices. “Rustomjee has two residential projects coming up in Bandra East. The earlier one sold at Rs 26,000 per sft, but the newer project adjoining it is selling at Rs 15,500. Another developer is offering a 25% discount on a 100% down payment,” said a source tracking the Mumbai realty market.
          Rising interest rates, tight liquidity conditions for developers and excess inventory are combining totip thescalesin thebuyers’ favour.RaviAhuja,executivedirector at realestateconsultancy Cushman & Wakefield, said developers are better off cutting stock at 10-12% discounts than raising money at 24% from private financiers.
          RBI’s constraints on lending to the real estate sector has forced developers to borrow from private financiers at heavy interest rates. “Some of them are over leveraged. Markets will witness a correction of 10-15% if macro economic factors continue to deteriorate,” Ahuja said.
          The Maharashtra State stamp and registration department has show a 20% decline in property registrations for the past six months compared to the corresponding period last year.
          Samantak Das, national research head at real estate consultancy Knight Frank India, said a drop in transaction volumes has hit the central Mumbai market the hardest as the quantum of unsold inventory makesup over 40% of theunitslaunchedin this micro market.

MAKE THE BEST OF BARGAIN SALE
          --------------------------------------

Comment

Real,

Property prices will not significantly dip as there are always a few people who need houses and will buy even if the prices are high..
            it would be interesting for you to find out how NCP was formed... mainly why it gathered a lot of support in Maharashtra .. it was because of the 'Shikhar bank' hold by Pawar...

many cooperative industries had their loan applications pending in this bank and Pawar kept all of them pending unless they pledge their support to his party and till today, this bank is the one which is meant to control the support bases...

thats why when the latest CM (Prithviraj Chavan) dissolved the management and tried to audit the bank, there was a huge outrage by NCP publicly accusing whose who of in Congress...

if the basis of the party was formation was real (Sonia's italian roots), then NCP could have never made friendship with Congress... and also they would have received a lot of support from all over India... this didnt happen simply because the basis of formation of party was simply to create a nuisance value so as to increase bargaining power in politics.

Comment

pawar has caste equation in favour of him..thats why he wins..

Real,

Comment

Originally posted by kazihamed View Post
                pawar has caste equation in favour of him..thats why he wins..
                that is not 100% true because congress has the same equations in Maharashtra... Pawar is managing to hold people by keeping their secrets with him... (remember Godfather.. )

Comment

True.. Congress has the same Maratha composition and that was one of the reason Pawar had this discomfort about the current CM, as he wanted to be the known as the only leader of Marathas..

People know these guys are corrupt.. congress or ncp.. they hate them.. but somehow they are always back in power.. maybe they dread the 5 years of Shiv Sena/BJP rule that was quite awful itself.. or the thackereys divided are shooting each other on the foot..

Coming to RE.. will Pawar's/congress decline cool down property prices..

Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post
                  that is not 100% true because congress has the same equations in Maharashtra... Pawar is managing to hold people by keeping their secrets with him... (remember Godfather.. )

Comment

People know these guys are corrupt.. congress or ncp.. they hate them.. but somehow they are always back in power..
                    just one more thing... the person who represents the majority of the people doesnt even get 20-25% of total population... i agree that some fault lies to major non-voting population but the major reason is the effective planning of these politicians...

they have several candidates, many dummies standing and just to eat votes of good candidates.. i know local groups also take the disadvantage of this .. just start putting banners of a local leader around 6-8 months ahead of election (for no reasons or minor occassions)... spread the talk and very soon you will get an offer from a bigger party for NOT contesting the elections... there's your 'paisa vasool' on the publicity and return on investment...

Comment

Originally posted by mymarji View Post
                      Good news for folks who were expecting some correction in RE prices.

Following is from Bangalore - Times of India, 13-Aug-2011, Page# 25.

-------------------------
                      P RO P E RT Y MATTERS

Property being discounted as demand drops
                      This is indeed good news & it is even better that it is now coming out in media, not only print but even electronic media as well. This price reduction was widely anticipated & I strongly feel that there will be even more shocks for RE in coming quarter.

Btw, I have come to know that Nandan buildcon is also negotiating. I know a fellow who spoke with them about 2 weeks ago for Nandan Prospera.

Kumar Properties too are in negotiating mood.

Lets see what happens further.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X