Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

party time !

are these assets land banks or are they actual inventory ?

in the event it is land banks , i think we are not going to be invited

Comment

These are landbanks with all approvals in place for construction. Hence it is called as FSI sale. The new owner needs to just start the construction without waiting for anything.

Originally posted by spmohan View Post
      are these assets land banks or are they actual inventory ?

in the event it is land banks , i think we are not going to be invited

Comment

Good news for auto buyers. Hope same news comes in RE also.

Auto makers give heavy discounts

The double whammy of hike in petrol price and rising interest rates, spurred by 12 policy rate increases by the Reserve Bank of India ( RBI), has hit demand for auto products, forcing manufacturers to resort to heavy discounts and freebies to boost sales.

Most of the auto companies, such as Maruti Suzuki India Ltd ( MSIL), Hyundai Motors India Ltd ( HMIL), General Motors India ( GMI), Tata Motors and Skoda, which are witnessing a sharp decline in sales, have started offering discounts to woo more customers.

Auto makers give heavy discounts - Yahoo! India Finance

Comment

How not to pay Auto manufacturing taxes to Govt

Originally posted by mymarji View Post
          Good news for auto buyers. Hope same news comes in RE also.
          Auto makers give heavy discounts

The double whammy of hike in petrol price and rising interest rates, spurred by 12 policy rate increases by the Reserve Bank of India ( RBI), has hit demand for auto products, forcing manufacturers to resort to heavy discounts and freebies to boost sales.

Most of the auto companies, such as Maruti Suzuki India Ltd ( MSIL), Hyundai Motors India Ltd ( HMIL), General Motors India ( GMI), Tata Motors and Skoda, which are witnessing a sharp decline in sales, have started offering discounts to woo more customers.

Auto makers give heavy discounts - Yahoo! India Finance

Folks,

Last year I saw Skoda Laura slightly over 3 years old going for 45% to 50% discount.

Next year we may see 2-year old cars going for that much or 3+ year old cars going for 55-60% discount. If you have cash in hand, there will be so many repossessed cars in Bank parking lots, you may get even steeper discounts than these on even more lux cars.

These cars are built for 15-20 years and 1 lakh km lifetime. So, its like getting a 5-10% used car for 50-60% discount, thereby completely avoiding paying the Govt the taxes they would collect if you went and bought a new car!

I have been saying this for a couple of years now. Next year I think I'm going to take some cash in hand and go around the overcrowded Pre-owned Lux Car Bazaar!!!

I Suspect I could do the same with a little more cash in another bag in the RE market from next year on!

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
            Folks,

Last year I saw Skoda Laura slightly over 3 years old going for 45% to 50% discount.

Next year we may see 2-year old cars going for that much or 3+ year old cars going for 55-60% discount. If you have cash in hand, there will be so many repossessed cars in Bank parking lots, you may get even steeper discounts than these on even more lux cars.

These cars are built for 15-20 years and 1 lakh km lifetime. So, its like getting a 5-10% used car for 50-60% discount, thereby completely avoiding paying the Govt the taxes they would collect if you went and bought a new car!

I have been saying this for a couple of years now. Next year I think I'm going to take some cash in hand and go around the overcrowded Pre-owned Lux Car Bazaar!!!

I Suspect I could do the same with a little more cash in another bag in the RE market from next year on!

cheers
            I completely agree with you on this. I personally never buy a brand new car. Rather I always go for a used car in good condition. You minimize the loss you make if you have to sell it and you can get a much more luxurious car than you normally can afford to buy new.

Comment

Folks,

cheers
              Totally agree on this. Best value is Skoda, VW, Honda and Toyota big cars.
              Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Folks,

cheers
                Hi Wiseman can you please tell me, how to approach a bank for a car, which they have acquired against not payment of car loans.

Comment

HDIL to sell 5 million square feet land near Mumbai

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                  NEW DELHI: Public sector banks are finding it tough to increase the tenure of housing loans to soften the impact of repeated increase in interest rates, despite the finance ministry advising banks to keep the equated monthly instalments constant.
                  Who is saying slowdown is not visible to RE firms? See HDIL news...

In a bid to mobilise funds and repay debt, the company plans to sell 15-20 million sq ft of floor space index from its land bank in Vasai-Virar on the outskirts of Mumbai over the next 15-18 months.

HDIL to sell 5 million square feet land near Mumbai - Economic Times

Comment

Originally posted by pune_friend View Post
                    Who is saying slowdown is not visible to RE firms? See HDIL news...

In a bid to mobilise funds and repay debt, the company plans to sell 15-20 million sq ft of floor space index from its land bank in Vasai-Virar on the outskirts of Mumbai over the next 15-18 months.

HDIL to sell 5 million square feet land near Mumbai - Economic Times
                    All these RE giant companies(DLF,HDIL, Unitech....) are selling just to clear their debts, this doesn't signify downtrend in RE at least now, may be in future. Looking at global market no one can really assure the downturn in terms of time and price.

Look at Tier III & IV cities the rates are stable and nothings moved down.

Also these RE companies are partnering with small RE firms to reduce cost!
                    Those days were ACHHAY when houses were KACHHAY & hearts were SACHHAY

Comment

Originally posted by mymarji View Post
                      Just in guys on NDTV-Profit.

DLF selling 2.2Million sqft FSI at rate of Rs 1800/sqft FSI for a total of Rs 400crores to raise capital for their debt, to some HNI investors. This project was in Gurgaon and marked for Hospital/Mall.

Also in Mumbai, DB Realty is looking to sell their redevelopment plan in Bandra East, to raise capital of around Rs 400-600crores towards their debt and balance sheets.

This shows how their greediness is paying them huge dividends. Till now, maybe they thought of fantastic dreams of making more-and-more money/profits. I think these folks must be getting nightmares now.

Where's the pary tonight...
                      +1. The 1800/sq ft rates indicates distress sale. Now, imagine how big the profit margins of the builders are when they sell FSI of 1800/sq ft for over 6000/sq ft, that too on salable .

DB Realty's is the redevelopment project which they are not able to complete. Now, Tata Housing & Godrej Properties has shown interest in it but they are bargaining even harder...........one builder bargaining with other one . Hope some buyers too learn something from this....
                      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X