Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Originally posted by shahkushan View Post
    UTV bloomberg did a sting (sort of) to unearth how some builders have turned India's real estate market into a den where black money exchanges hands and rules being flouted at will.

Although something we (specially Mumbai, Pune and NCR property watchers) have known for a long time, it is an eye opener nonetheless.

These builders are the reason an ordinary person will never be able to get the basic right of having a decent roof over his head.

Exposed: The dark underbelly of Indian Real Estate - YouTube
    lets sincerely hope that this is a real 'expose' and not a blackmailing idea... the builder names were not disclosed and there is not sufficient information in the video to identify them in any way... this may be a ploy from the channel operators (or the politicians behind them) to blackmail them for more cut.

or maybe these days i am reading too many conspiracy theories...

Comment

Originally posted by shahkushan View Post
      UTV bloomberg did a sting (sort of) to unearth how some builders have turned India's real estate market into a den where black money exchanges hands and rules being flouted at will.

Although something we (specially Mumbai, Pune and NCR property watchers) have known for a long time, it is an eye opener nonetheless.

These builders are the reason an ordinary person will never be able to get the basic right of having a decent roof over his head.

Exposed: The dark underbelly of Indian Real Estate - YouTube

I think nothing new in it for every home buyers.....

Just what we face everywhere......there is no doubt everyone knows about it but nothing is done.

Even car park selling is illegal so they have changed the name and increase the price furthur in the name of infrastructure charges.

Comment

Originally posted by kazihamed View Post
        what bail out package did indian govt give..pls elaborate?
        Go back and chk the papers...the govt just pumped in money ino system to boost liquidity not worrying about the fiscal deficit.

That coupled with the elections simply exagerated the inflation

Comment

Will real estate prices correct now?

Property prices across India witnessed an unprecedented surge in the recent past. Take the case of Mumbai for example. Property prices in this metro city have increased by about 10 times in the last decade. High property prices, rising interest rates and uncertainty in the job market have kept the genuine buyers at bay. With demand tapering off due to the falling affordability factor, home sales across cities have witnessed a massive fall. It may be noted that sale of residential apartments have fallen in the range of 18-28% across major metros.
          Will real estate prices correct now? - Yahoo! India Finance

Comment

where did it pump money my fren..can u give example..what measures did indian govt take to induce economy during that phase..which industry it helped..which company it rescued..(exception of satyam)as per my knowledge it didnt do anything..i think u r confusing US measures with indian measures

Originally posted by rembrants View Post
            Go back and chk the papers...the govt just pumped in money ino system to boost liquidity not worrying about the fiscal deficit.

That coupled with the elections simply exagerated the inflation

Comment

where did it pump money my fren..can u give example..what measures did indian govt take to induce economy during that phase..which industry it helped..which company it rescued..(exception of satyam)as per my knowledge it didnt do anything..i think u r confusing US measures with indian measures
              One thing RBI certainly did during 2008-2009 recession is lowering the interest rate. Whats was role of Govt in this is anybody's guess.
              Remember 8% teaser home loan schemes?.
              Last edited by AJAY_GGN; December 15 2011, 09:34 AM.

Comment

read this article..
                How They Saved The India Story - Indian Express

Comment

Originally posted by sanav3 View Post
                  BTW, it the same Stimulus, which is now stroking the inflation to this extent.

Comment

i had quick read..sure article talks about firefighting by chidambaram and others..but i didnt read anything with regards to policy decision..no macro level stuff there....no rescui8ng banks by infusing capital..no major interest rates shifts etc..the homeloan interest rate was ok..didnt change the world or save the realestate market

Originally posted by sanav3 View Post

Comment

Mumbai developers run for cover, cut property prices by 10% to 30%

Good news for buyers!

Mumbai developers run for cover, cut property prices - Mumbai - DNA

Pankaj Kapoor, managing director of Liases and Foras, the real research firm said, the cash flow in the realty market has dried up in the last two years, and this has spread panic among developers.
                      "Earlier, the investors were helping developers by pumping enormous amounts of cash in the property market. Now, the investors themselves are in deep financial trouble, as they could not sell the properties they had bought earlier. So, the market is quite tight," he said.
                      "To run the business and meet the day-to-day demand, developers need huge amounts of cash. They can’t hold the market for a long time, and give in soon. We have said this several times: the buyer must wait, market will come down.”
                      He added that the survey being conducted by his firm indicated strong market corrections.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X