Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

PUNE is WASTE

Pune prices are way out of reach of common people. Post 1990 the city has gone in hands of political goons. There is a builder politico nexus prevalent in the city. Why are rates so high? Is there any justification to it. Please consider the following points
    -Narrow lanes, referred to as galli
    -Senseless traffic. People are known to voilate the traffic rules. I guess it ranks world no. 1 in case of traffic voilation
    -Heavy air and water pollution. I cannot recollect but stands among first 5 or 10 cities in terms of pollution
    -There is hardly any green cover. One tends to see just dotted lines of cement concrete buidlings even along the Dehu Katraj bypass[Bypass???]. Even Dadar Market has more greenery.
    -People are unprofessional with some sort of superlative complex for no good reason. These people will talk about american nuclear programme strategy when he himself is working in rat killing department of PMC[Pu La]
    -No Scope for business. Only set people can do business chitale, gadgil, pawar, kakade and company
    -Pathetic shop owners. Who open a shop to torture the customers. The worst kind of manners one can expect
    -Irrant Rickshawalas [I think the bhaiyyas from mumbai need to venture out here]
    -Public transport is virtually absent
    -Poor security in place. This is again due to some politico party
    -In due corse it will face acute water shortage due to lavasa and if we have a bad monsoon. There is no calculation about the future electricity/water requirement etc. Any guntha mantri comes up with a plot and erects a structure here. Even with illegal permission which are later regularized. Thanks to saheb.
    -Garbage disposal facilities is a problem in this city
    -Very high crime rate in terms of looting, dacoity, rape, murders etc
    -No good returns in terms of rental either
    -River is a dirty kind of nullah now. Thanks to politicos. I feel sad for the plight of this beloved city. Which has been purposefully turned into a big slum. This is again due to political reasons which I would not like to post it on the forum.
    Everyone is coming up with their own good rates people are talking in terms of crores.
    Comparitively Mumbai is 1000 times better to live in rather than pune since the ROI will be much better compared to Pune. Those who really have the big buck invest in mumbai. It kind of you will have a life long pension. One can live on the rentals.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
      I too agree with the fact that building on own is better than buying a flat & for this one need not go to remote place. Eg. In Balewadi, land sells between 1000-1500/sq ft, flats are priced 3500 or more on SALABLE AREA.
      Hence, the rate/sq ft actually is less if one builds on own than buy a flat. I too looked for plots but at the end couldn't buy one coz around 50% was needed in cash.

Add to it that most of the Pune builders build pigeon holes with junk quality where compound wall, balcony, pergola etc. fall within few years/months, it makes me think for what people are mortgaging large part of their lives for ?

Seeing the pathetic condition of even new buildings here, I doubt whether the buildings will even last till the end of loan tenure.

The latest eg. is Orvi (ex-Oravi) at Balewadi. The ready possession building already has several cracks visible from outside which are being filled. Imagine situation of such buildings 5 years down the line.

Btw, Sanjana, I don't know what your experience with Puneties are but let me tell you that Pune is far more safer than Delhi by all means. Maybe you made your decision of Puneties based on some RE agent or builder .

Anyways, our Mumbai beats Delhi hands down though.

aisa uske city me kya hai jo mere city me nahi

Comment

Originally posted by SanjanaSingh View Post
        Real,

Pune may be safer than Delhi, but there is a world of difference between Puneites and simple, friendly, helpful, nature-loving folks from our north-eastern pahari regions. If one has visited these regions, the difference is immediately noticeable; if one has stayed for any length of time in these regions, the difference is so glaring as to be painful.

I'm just a small-town girl who went to live in UK after marriage, got a good job because of my MBA degree. But in time I understood that however technologically advanced, clean, sophisticated & efficient the West might seem, it is only a VENEER. Scratch that veneer, and the true nature of those people and culture is revealed.

I love the region which I hail from, its crystal-clear air, the miles of forests, its mist-wrapped mountains. I prefer a down-to-earth life, with a neat house and garden where I can grow my own fruit & vegetables and live in harmony with nature. I also like a community of people with similar thinking and not the robots that populate large cities.

I know where I can rediscover life anew [ or rather, pick up life where I left it off ] and that's where I'm going.

How much money does one really require ? How much land does one need ? How many houses ? What does one define as comforts / luxuries ? If you find the answers to these questions and those answers satisfy you, you have found that elusive creature called HAPPINESS.

At some point, I think, it is time to stop being a money-making machine and start LIVING -- as opposed to just EXISTING.

Amit & Venky said that these places are too far off to live. But far from what ? If I can get everything I need there, they're not far off. I'm just returning to the place I belong and love, where I've known peace & joy.

In fact, if I stay in a big city where ostensibly each and every MATERIAL thing is available, I would still feel a yearning for something unknown. I would feel cut-off despite being surrounded by hordes of blank-faced people.

Sorry if this post has gone off-topic. I hope some questions that Rembrants asked have been answered in this rant.

And Real, our Mukteshwar beats your Mumbai hands down. Its not just about the money, honey ....

Sanjana, where do you find innocent people of "pahari region" out of himachal? I have been to HP (Kulu manali) and i loved the innocence among common folks however how long have u been in pune? have u been in pune forever till now?

human life is too short to pass generalized remarks request you not to start bashing of pune people because then if determined you can end up finding faults in every society

Comment

Real,

Pune may be safer than Delhi, but there is a world of difference between Puneites and simple, friendly, helpful, nature-loving folks from our north-eastern pahari regions. If one has visited these regions, the difference is immediately noticeable; if one has stayed for any length of time in these regions, the difference is so glaring as to be painful.

I'm just a small-town girl who went to live in UK after marriage, got a good job because of my MBA degree. But in time I understood that however technologically advanced, clean, sophisticated & efficient the West might seem, it is only a VENEER. Scratch that veneer, and the true nature of those people and culture is revealed.

I love the region which I hail from, its crystal-clear air, the miles of forests, its mist-wrapped mountains. I prefer a down-to-earth life, with a neat house and garden where I can grow my own fruit & vegetables and live in harmony with nature. I also like a community of people with similar thinking and not the robots that populate large cities.

I know where I can rediscover life anew [ or rather, pick up life where I left it off ] and that's where I'm going.

How much money does one really require ? How much land does one need ? How many houses ? What does one define as comforts / luxuries ? If you find the answers to these questions and those answers satisfy you, you have found that elusive creature called HAPPINESS.

At some point, I think, it is time to stop being a money-making machine and start LIVING -- as opposed to just EXISTING.

Amit & Venky said that these places are too far off to live. But far from what ? If I can get everything I need there, they're not far off. I'm just returning to the place I belong and love, where I've known peace & joy.

In fact, if I stay in a big city where ostensibly each and every MATERIAL thing is available, I would still feel a yearning for something unknown. I would feel cut-off despite being surrounded by hordes of blank-faced people.

Sorry if this post has gone off-topic. I hope some questions that Rembrants asked have been answered in this rant.

And Real, our Mukteshwar beats your Mumbai hands down. Its not just about the money, honey ....
          Very nice post sanjana.

I agree with that completely.

Though u r lucky that u will be able to to settle there in the hills.

Many people can't do that as they are tied up with family, work, studies etc and continue toiling and sweating it out in the concrete jungle

Comment

Real,

I agree with your thoughts regarding attitude towards life.

However, I don't believe that human from particular areas or countries or states are better than others. I think, on majority, human is same everywhere, it is the surroundings which make human mind to think and behave differently. I see bad and good people everywhere, in every field and in every country.

Comment

Real,

well..You shall get to rediscover life anew if you come back...I doubt you would be able to pickup from where you left anywhere in India and India would probably never be whatever paradise you lost back then..

I have sincere wishes that you rediscover what you long for !

when I retire I want to go to a small town somewhere in Maharashtra and build a small home where I want to have small garden and some cows. The air is mostly choked with dust and it is hot in the day and mild in the nights and I would not mind living in the same environment that I grew up in..
              Last edited by msp1976; February 10 2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Real,

"Simple friendly" ? may be for localites, When i visited your paradise, there was no shortage of people trying to con visitors.

Comment

Sanjana/(King?)manish/YogiJuly(posting in Feb)......You guys have no idea how big favor you guys are doing by criticizing Pune and Punekars on this forum....In fact I think we should start a new thread "I Hate Pune" and publicize it in FB/twitter to gather more and more hatred towards Pune.....At least it will stop the herds coming to this 'once upon a time' beautiful city....It just wont survive with this huge influx of crowd against Non-existent infra...And soon we will have MPM (Mumbai-Pune Metropolitan like NCR)....it just wont do people....so please dont be shy to pour more praise....

Talking about infra...I remember when I was in HongKong....I saw road being dug up in the night...next morning I was walking on the same street...and to my shock I couldnt even remember which part was dug up...funny thing....we can relate to this story though...just replace the road with potholes.....

Comment

This is what is maintaining RE prices and Stock Prices.

RBI is pumping money very fast into indian economy and this thing is holding up RE and stock prices.
                    India is preparing itself for a Greece style debacle if we do not return soon to high growth mode.

Comment

Originally posted by rohandm View Post
                      "Simple friendly" ? may be for localites, When i visited your paradise, there was no shortage of people trying to con visitors.
                      +1000
                      Or maybe those were nasty people from Pune and other assorted big cities trying to con you even in pristine wilderness of the Uttaranchal..The paradise is now invaded by pests..

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X