Collapse

Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Oh, and I forgot to mention : RBS is going to be fined approx 150 mil [ GBP ] for LIBOR manipulation. Barclays is already on the hook. Next UBS & RBS.

This news is yet to hit. Probably next week.

Maybe shorting RBS could be a good trade.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
      Indradhanu, a residential project in Kothrud is giving Special Offer for first 20 buyers. This project was almost sold out when it was launched some 4 yrs ago.
      When evrything is SOLD OUT, why these offers. And now, they have removed 20 & replaced it by LAST FEW .

Anyways, this is a very cramped project with small rooms & high loading. Remember this well as I got some details then when I had gone to buy Ghulam Ali Show tickets which had the name of this project on it.
      Pune should have developed horizontally. My friend from Pune was lamenting how Pawar mafia has spoilt this once-upon-a-time charming town.

Now where is the water to support all those millions of pigeon-holes ?

Comment

Originally posted by herohiralal View Post
        So the last summit has made 1 things possible

1. Loans to Spanish and Italian banks using the bailout funds - ESFS and ESM - without putting the debt on the sovereign' balance sheet i.e. sharing of debt. So a question. Who will own the bank? Or is this a pure loan or an equity injection? Weird way to prop up a bank by giving a loan.

2. ESFS and ESM which was supposed to buy govt debt wont have senior status.

On both counts germany is going deeper and deeper into the euro mess. Markets are taking this as a indication that germany is slowing moving towards printing money and euro bonds. Recent statements from German PM and FM are not encouraging but then they didnt want to do even the above 2 points a few months back. Euro is one big mess.

Focus on the next big thing to go belly up - China. 2 trillion wont be able to save communism just as germany is struggling to stop countries from leaving the euro.
        ECB will continue to have partial ownership of the bank similar to other parts of the world when a capital injection done. On the whole the ESFS and ESM are a step in the right direction for the european (if it exist) & global economy.

China is slowing down, but nowhere near going belly up. As long as it does not get involved in any war and continues it's state capitalism, it should eventually come out economiclly stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by WillyWick View Post
          As long as it does not get involved in any war and continues it's state capitalism, it should eventually come out economiclly stronger.
          Wars have helped economies come out or recessions and depressions historically. Wars are good for failing and floundering economies the world over.

Comment

Originally posted by rovingeye View Post
            Wars have helped economies come out or recessions and depressions historically. Wars are good for failing and floundering economies the world over.

Whatever comes next .. war or Depression ....
            that will have a single objective ...
            Reduce the world population by 1 Billion ...

Comment

Humans never react pro-actively

Originally posted by SanjanaSingh View Post
              Pune should have developed horizontally. My friend from Pune was lamenting how Pawar mafia has spoilt this once-upon-a-time charming town.

Now where is the water to support all those millions of pigeon-holes ?

Even after seeing the picture of ZERO-level reservoir on the front page and constant warnings about delayed and deficient rain almost everyday, I still find people using up water in copious amounts. Simple because one does not see the difficulty that many other people face for water daily (because the Flat Associations "manage" to buy up tankers of water and pump it into tanks giving one a false idea of plenty) one must not be so dangerously disconnected from real life out there.

Maharashtra and Karnataka are now reported to be imminently facing drought situation this year. Cities like Bangalore and Pune will perhaps face unprecedented water shortages. I have lived life during college days where we would be lucky to get a bucket of water once in 4-5 days (rest of the time few mugfuls!

I think this country (mostly the Middle-and-Upper urban classes) needs an URGENT wake-up call with these kinds of critical shortages for them to re-organize their lives in more sustainable and meaningful ways.

Out new-found belief that throwing money at everything as a solution is not going to cut it, especially with water.

With Agriculture affected, food prices will also shoot up (especially fast-perishable vegetables) and we are going to have a hell of an year ahead of us.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by rovingeye View Post
                Not really, few examples below

In WWII britain went bust but USA made huge money by selling arms to the allied countries

Soviet bankrupted itself in the cold war

US over spent iraq & afgan wars and now sitting on huge debt.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post

Maharashtra and Karnataka are now reported to be imminently facing drought situation this year. Cities like Bangalore and Pune will perhaps face unprecedented water shortages. I have lived life during college days where we would be lucky to get a bucket of water once in 4-5 days (rest of the time few mugfuls!

I think this country (mostly the Middle-and-Upper urban classes) needs an URGENT wake-up call with these kinds of critical shortages for them to re-organize their lives in more sustainable and meaningful ways.

Out new-found belief that throwing money at everything as a solution is not going to cut it, especially with water.

With Agriculture affected, food prices will also shoot up (especially fast-perishable vegetables) and we are going to have a hell of an year ahead of us.

cheers
                  I think someone else India needs to wake up surely not the middle and upper class. These are tax payers who's money is wasted. Water like electricity or telecom or cars is unlimited only if the market is allowed to function. Govt owning water supply is a disaster and like clothes or food it should be priced properly not the kind of free water that the govt keeps on giving everyone.

A 5 litre can of mineral water costs 80-90 so the upper and middle class will survive. I just pity the poor who vote for more free stuff from the govt without knowing that they are getting a very bad deal in return.

Also don't think 1 month makes a monsoon. Weather has been weird this yr. In UK it was the hottest April, coldest may and wettest June since a very long time plus US is suffering from lack of rain so food (corn and wheat) prices have gone up.

A country with 25+ temp thru out the yr + massive coastline + huge demand for water and still we haven't perfected a cheap way to convert sea water to soft water. Maybe we are waiting for someone else to solve our problems and in the process spend billions on importing the technology or service.
                  Last edited by herohiralal; July 2 2012, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
                    If interest rates of banks get linked to price index, as the index rapidly rises, your interest rates will almost always LEAD your income growth and so this will impact your home loan negatively.

Meaning, it may not be so easy to pay down your loan as the rising interest will mostly outpace your ability to pay the interest itself.

Moreover, other than Farmland, which will shoot up in value as it produces increasingly precious food, other properties rapidly decline in value as the economy will be in severe crisis with crashing output, rapidly rising unemployment and very little appetite for RE purchase. In fact, to get daily bread, people will dump almost ALL categories of assets (except perhaps Gold - which they will HOARD - and Bluechip Stocks) and I have read of instances where people in such situations have acquired property for a song.

Btw, Hero, I'm right now hopefully writing such code as you are talking about, to see if my (continuing) education is capable of making me this elusive money everyone seems to be talking about!

cheers
                    Depends how ur loans are structured. Companies who issues bonds will benefit. People on fixed interest rates will benefit. In India real inflation is running at 10+ for last 10-12 yrs still official loan rates have been less over that period.

I don't view farming as a very lucrative business. The risks outweigh the gains over 10 yrs. maybe a restaurant but not farming for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SanjanaSingh View Post
                      No, all is not fine with RBS. The ' IT glitch ' is not solved. They are graciously handing out a few hundred pounds on ID proofs.

Ulsterbank has now confirmed that normal operations will not resume on Monday as promised. There is no indication of when this will be resolved. I believe they have given up now trying to spin this as a 'glitch'.

Ulsterbank has 1.9 million customers. After the poor communication and lack of resolution I think this bank is finished. there will be droves leaving as soon as access to cash is restored. 6000 employees likely to lose their jobs over this fiasco and 146 more empty high street shop fronts to remind us of our economic woes. Fines and compensation likely to be awarded too.

When I suggested stocking up on necessities, everyone here assumed it was a ' whacko ' kinda preparation for the end of the world. Ridiculous. Dosent it occur to anyone that stocking necessities is also a hedge against inflation ? Compare prices from just 6 months back. Now that a bad monsoon is guaranteed in India, food & other household necessities will become even more expensive.

If stocking up is ' whacko ', why do people put money in FDs, PPF, mutual funds etc ? Might as well spend it all. You're trying to plan for the next several years, right ? That's even more whacko.

People invest in the asset classes u mention cause there is a market to buy and sell them. And they buy those assets to make a profit.

If you are so certain that food prices will go up buy commodity futures why trouble itself with storing 6 month worth of food in ur house? Food prices just don't depend on rains in India so be careful. Some country might have a bumper crop of rice or sugar or wheat this year.

Same with RBS, if you think a bank run will take place on RBS short it. I will be the party on the other side going long on this bet

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X