Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Collapse
X
Collapse

Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

    Conflicts of interests...

    wise businessmen / leaders know what & on of how to inculcate ownership mentality,

    but the rest you know how it goes...........

    Originally posted by wiseman View Post
    Managers - however senior - are only wage earners, the only thing differentiating them is the amount. In their mental makeup they rarely entertain thoughts like business survivability, continuity, etc.

    They assume status quo. Next month will be mostly like last month with minor changes. That there will always be money for liquidity purposes - salaries, materials, bills in general - and that there will always be customers who need to be sold to. So its all about how much of what model to produce. Not whether the car is an outdated concept (in the case of a TataMotors executive).

    People who think outside of this box will either get out of this business environment or become risk takers (business people).

    Expecting managers to foresee massive changes in business environment, business model, etc is asking to too much. Its not that they do not have the capability to see it. They are simply not willing to accept it even if they see it as it is also threatening to their status quo (it may require change in work style, skills and may result in job/wage losses, etc) which, in most cases results in an Ostrich-like behavior when threatened by danger.

    In most cases, these managers live within the problem (and are sometimes the problem themselves) and so cannot step outside of the problem zone to recognize it.

    At the most the changes they make may be to quit and join another (similar) company thinking they have made major changes in their lives, while the change itself is mostly cosmetic.

    cheers

    Comment


    • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

      Right on the money mate.

      This goes to show unless people consciously transform their mentality from that of servant to owner (despite being a servant or to say politely "in service") they can't grasp what the company needs.

      The growth of nation depends upon growth of companies.

      The more the merrier.

      Simple cosmetic changes won't do any benefit to the employee nor the country. At the most it takes care of one's lavish lifestyle.

      Things must change...


      Originally posted by wiseman View Post
      Managers - however senior - are only wage earners, the only thing differentiating them is the amount. In their mental makeup they rarely entertain thoughts like business survivability, continuity, etc.

      They assume status quo. Next month will be mostly like last month with minor changes. That there will always be money for liquidity purposes - salaries, materials, bills in general - and that there will always be customers who need to be sold to. So its all about how much of what model to produce. Not whether the car is an outdated concept (in the case of a TataMotors executive).

      People who think outside of this box will either get out of this business environment or become risk takers (business people).

      Expecting managers to foresee massive changes in business environment, business model, etc is asking to too much. Its not that they do not have the capability to see it. They are simply not willing to accept it even if they see it as it is also threatening to their status quo (it may require change in work style, skills and may result in job/wage losses, etc) which, in most cases results in an Ostrich-like behavior when threatened by danger.

      In most cases, these managers live within the problem (and are sometimes the problem themselves) and so cannot step outside of the problem zone to recognize it.

      At the most the changes they make may be to quit and join another (similar) company thinking they have made major changes in their lives, while the change itself is mostly cosmetic.

      cheers

      Comment


      • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

        Car sales stutter to a 12-year low in February

        Car sales in India slumped 25.7 per cent in February, the biggest fall in more than 12 years and the fourth consecutive monthly slide, an industry body said on Monday, as sluggish economic growth continues to weigh on demand.

        The industry is expected to see it first decline in annual sales in a decade as high interest rates and rising fuel costs in Asia's third-largest economy put off buyers in a market that was once one of the world's most promising.

        "There is no improvement in the market sentiment. People have more or less stopped discretionary purchases," Sugato Sen, deputy director general of SIAM told Reuters.

        Car sales stutter to a 12-year low in February - NDTVProfit.com

        >> When auto sector is hit (some more news below), one can simply see what will be the case with RE. Commercial vehicle sales are even better nos to judge outlook of economy. Some news put below.
        If you are happy, you are successful.

        Comment


        • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

          Less hiring, more firing likely for auto sector in 2013

          In its latest survey on the Indian automobile sector, Naukri.com said many companies are likely to even resort to firing employees to cut operational costs.

          Less hiring, more firing likely for auto sector in 2013 - NDTVProfit.com


          Truckmakers in a deep ditch

          Truckmakers in a deep ditch - Money - DNA


          Maruti to halt production of petrol-run cars at Gurgaon plant

          New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd will suspend the production of petrol cars at one of its plants on Saturday, a company executive said, as the country's top car maker looks to cut inventory amid slowing sales.

          Maruti to halt production of petrol-run cars at Gurgaon plant tomorrow - NDTVProfit.com
          If you are happy, you are successful.

          Comment


          • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

            PMC Sanction Info

            A good info for all buyers here. PMC has started giving info about building sanctions, approval dates etc. on their website. It will be tough for builders to fool buyers now under permission excuses. Please check link below, enter the details & get the status.

            ProposalAttachmentList
            If you are happy, you are successful.

            Comment


            • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

              Thanks for the PMC Approval URL

              Originally posted by realacres View Post
              A good info for all buyers here. PMC has started giving info about building sanctions, approval dates etc. on their website. It will be tough for builders to fool buyers now under permission excuses. Please check link below, enter the details & get the status.

              ProposalAttachmentList
              Thanks "realacres" - this URL is super useful esp. for ppl out side of Pune region...gr8 stuff!!

              Comment


              • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                finally! now if only they can keep this up-to-date...

                Originally posted by realacres View Post
                A good info for all buyers here. PMC has started giving info about building sanctions, approval dates etc. on their website. It will be tough for builders to fool buyers now under permission excuses. Please check link below, enter the details & get the status.

                ProposalAttachmentList

                Comment


                • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                  If we still remember the water flow theory for money discussed in 2011, there is now equilibrium reaching. This is a result of GLOBALIZATION reaching maturity.

                  We all benefited from it. We traveled the world on free tickets and enjoyed free food and made a lot of money.

                  Of-course, the level is nearly equal but still not stable. In fact, the level of money in India is still little higher than west (where it actually comes from). I am talking of the money that has entered in India say last decade.

                  Hence the fluctuations we see lately.

                  As we speak the levels are getting equalized. So now, the money will flow anywhich way there are good returns via direct economic advantage and ROI (if its pure investment). Hence the volatility in India.

                  Meanwhile there obviously would be a drop in level of Indian economy that will commensurate with rise in economy of west.

                  As leading contributors to GDP (manufacturing sector) since time immemorial, today we are facing a bloodbath....khaane peene ke vaande ho gayele hai!

                  Will we survive?

                  There will be a lot of casualties....first the employees...then the employers (especially the small timers...like me).


                  Remember that we are feeding our employees through our little savings, that we have, for last 5-6 months. Even they are exhausted....in a couple of months will start the unpleasant job....



                  For big companies...they have more time for sustaining thru this difficult times (hopefully) with their cash in hand and borrowing strength. They have a stronger immune system.



                  Immune systems of smaller companies are compromised.Vulnerable to OIs.


                  Mass lay-offs are CERTAIN! Beware...














                  Originally posted by realacres View Post
                  In its latest survey on the Indian automobile sector, Naukri.com said many companies are likely to even resort to firing employees to cut operational costs.

                  Less hiring, more firing likely for auto sector in 2013 - NDTVProfit.com


                  Truckmakers in a deep ditch

                  Truckmakers in a deep ditch - Money - DNA


                  Maruti to halt production of petrol-run cars at Gurgaon plant

                  New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd will suspend the production of petrol cars at one of its plants on Saturday, a company executive said, as the country's top car maker looks to cut inventory amid slowing sales.

                  Maruti to halt production of petrol-run cars at Gurgaon plant tomorrow - NDTVProfit.com

                  Comment


                  • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                    Originally posted by StraightDriv View Post
                    If we still remember the water flow theory for money discussed in 2011, there is now equilibrium reaching. This is a result of GLOBALIZATION reaching maturity.

                    We all benefited from it. We traveled the world on free tickets and enjoyed free food and made a lot of money.

                    Of-course, the level is nearly equal but still not stable. In fact, the level of money in India is still little higher than west (where it actually comes from). I am talking of the money that has entered in India say last decade.

                    Hence the fluctuations we see lately.

                    As we speak the levels are getting equalized. So now, the money will flow anywhich way there are good returns via direct economic advantage and ROI (if its pure investment). Hence the volatility in India.

                    Meanwhile there obviously would be a drop in level of Indian economy that will commensurate with rise in economy of west.

                    As leading contributors to GDP (manufacturing sector) since time immemorial, today we are facing a bloodbath....khaane peene ke vaande ho gayele hai!

                    Will we survive?

                    There will be a lot of casualties....first the employees...then the employers (especially the small timers...like me).


                    Remember that we are feeding our employees through our little savings, that we have, for last 5-6 months. Even they are exhausted....in a couple of months will start the unpleasant job....



                    For big companies...they have more time for sustaining thru this difficult times (hopefully) with their cash in hand and borrowing strength. They have a stronger immune system.



                    Immune systems of smaller companies are compromised.Vulnerable to OIs.


                    Mass lay-offs are CERTAIN! Beware...
                    Similar situation with lots of small scale vendors to automobile giants in Pune. Margins are going down every day as the automakers are looking for bargains. Vendor's payments are getting delayed.

                    But RE rates are still firm, regardless of whats happening with the economy! Will this 'bull' run ever end ?
                    Last edited by realpune; March 14 2013, 03:03 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

                      A very good article, must read...!!!

                      http://www.firstpost.com/economy/why...e=MC_TOP_WIDGE

                      Comment

                      Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X