Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Originally posted by rsrsin View Post
    To complete the context of my post as written - jobless without assured ability to earn a day to day living - is that not true for non-metro cities?
    Depends on whom you include in the list. The only ones with highly assured earnings are govt employees, and people earning interest income.

But generally people doing pvt jobs, people with established self employment etc can be safely considered as having reasonably safe incomes. And these, added with govt employees, constitute majority of population in even smaller cities.

The situation you are talking about fits the villages more. Majority drives its bread from agri and related businesses, which are as unpredictable as it gets.

- tapatalk free

Comment

Going along with comparison I would say so

Originally posted by fatichar View Post
      Rsrsin,

Are you sure majority are jobless in India?

- tapatalk free
      If you take the specific comparison being made, given that median wages across US is even $18000 pa (I think its higher), I would think majority in India are probably wage-challenged (which, by a stretch is equivalent to part-time unemployment), even if you take currency parity as per various calculations.

Montek had to live down the famous Poverty Line comment of 32 per day and if you take US Poverty rate standards, large majority here are poor.

Read the interesting post by Firstpost ... "If only 22% in India are poor, why is the Congress Govt trying to feed 67%?"

Imagine the hint that the Food Security Bill is going to be the Mother & Father of all Congress corruption Bills, which could put India as the foremost Corrupt country in the world (with this Bill alone winning the prize)!

cheers

Comment

Depends on whom you include in the list. The only ones with highly assured earnings are govt employees, and people earning interest income.

The situation you are talking about fits the villages more. Majority drives its bread from agri and related businesses, which are as unpredictable as it gets.
        I was not looking at it from a urban or rural perspective, while there are many numbers floating around, we do know when we see around that there are atleast 50% of the citizens in India who struggle to make a good liviing and they can be any where - citiies, villages or elsewhere.

The point to share is that here we have a very low level of criteria to establish success unlike (say) US where law is expected to come to help within 10 odd minutes of a help call being made. Similarly, other stuff - roads, potable water, electricity, right to basic life etc., everything the bar is low (for various reasons) so a small group of people making their millions through RE or otherwise does not help create a sustainable positive impact for the economy as a whole.

Comment

Rsrsin,

Are you sure majority are jobless in India?

- tapatalk free
          Majority are unemployable. Human garbage with the skill of a monkey.

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
          If you take the specific comparison being made, given that median wages across US is even $18000 pa (I think its higher), I would think majority in India are probably wage-challenged (which, by a stretch is equivalent to part-time unemployment), even if you take currency parity as per various calculations.

Montek had to live down the famous Poverty Line comment of 32 per day and if you take US Poverty rate standards, large majority here are poor.

Read the interesting post by Firstpost ... "If only 22% in India are poor, why is the Congress Govt trying to feed 67%?"

Imagine the hint that the Food Security Bill is going to be the Mother & Father of all Congress corruption Bills, which could put India as the foremost Corrupt country in the world (with this Bill alone winning the prize)!

cheers
          Median wage is 24,000 dollars

Personal income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am currently earning below US poverty level of 23,000 dollars for a family of 4

Federal Poverty Guidelines

DBT will impoverish our country with massive killing inflation levels.

Indians will never be number 1 in anything, not even corruption
          Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Originally posted by compuwalah View Post
            Man. You surely have eye for the negetive news. Just like hens spot few grams of worms in a 100kg pile of food grains for their dinner .

Btw after considering all this , I still wonder why prices are rising for past four years ? Posts similar to this have come and gone by the whiff of the wind but price rise has stayed put. Any views on the same ?

BTW I though frugy will be first to grab this Detroit news. Read this news 3 days back.
            This report should suffice your above questions,

‘Against expectations, Pune realty market has been slow this year’

http://content..com/against-expectat...low-this-year/

Comment

"Majority are unemployable. Human garbage with the skill of a monkey"
              It is quite difficult to get a decent plumber/electrician.Most of the people learn the job by experience. The technical understanding of wiring,circuits,plumbing etc are often lacking.Even CREDAI is aware of the lack of skilled labor and had some project to train people.
              .Having the huge population is a big drag on the growth. Some people who see huge population as human resource should understand that employable skills is most important.
              Societies need guards and just look at the kind of human resource available. It is off course a different thing that we pay a pittance and expect black cat security.
              More ITIs and diploma training institutions are required to build decent technical skills among the population.

Comment

Suppose 10% of India are well off.
                If the rest 90% were to suddenly vanish today, India would be a very high per capita income nation. Would we have a better view about the country then? There would be less competition for all natural resources, including RE. And, there would be shortage of labour.

Percentages can be misleading. India has huge population, which makes even 2% of the country equivalent to Australia. With less land.

- tapatalk free

Comment

New home sales fall in Delhi NCR, Pune, Chennai, Mumbai; sales picked up in Bangalore - Page2 - The Economic Times on

Comment

good read

Lower Parel's real estate mkt-- a bubble waiting to burst? - CNBC-TV18

Comment

Originally posted by compuwalah View Post
                      Man. You surely have eye for the negetive news. Just like hens spot few grams of worms in a 100kg pile of food grains for their dinner .

Btw after considering all this , I still wonder why prices are rising for past four years ? Posts similar to this have come and gone by the whiff of the wind but price rise has stayed put. Any views on the same ?

BTW I though frugy will be first to grab this Detroit news. Read this news 3 days back.

well you asked for me so I have some link to go over

Reality index is at its 52 week low .... strange ? when the sensex is couple of percentage below its 52 week high ?

oh the whole stock market doesn't understand the fundamentals ....

Index Reach - S&P BSE Realty Index

reposting as this was link
                      New home sales fall in Delhi NCR, Pune, Chennai, Mumbai; sales picked up in Bangalore - Economic Times

and this one was incorrect
                      http://content..com/against-expectat...low-this-year/

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X