Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

There is some confusion here .

If I get drunk day-in and day-out and stay at home doing nothing, that is a personal choice. But if in that state, I take my car out and start driving the wrong way , that stops being personal choice, it is breaking the law because my action puts lives and properties at risk. My personal choices are hurting interests of other.

Much the same way , if I go to different country and assume a different name, James or Abudullah ( lot less innocuous than getting drunk 24/7 mind you) then it should be nobody's business whatsoever and anyone commenting on my personal choices has , as I see it, nothing better to do. While on the other hand, if I invite foreigners and collude with them to pluder my country, thats is dresh-droh , thats a treason in anybody's dictionary because those acts hurt interests of your country.

Kapish?

Originally posted by jaijai View Post
    McCaulay must be quite happy to see his dream coming true - a class of people Indian in blood and color but English in their values, tastes and mores

A handful of Britishers ruled such a vast India...Many indians assisted them and gained personally; they were Brown sahibs. Many opposed Britishers at great personal cost. Of course, its a personal choice for all of us whether we'ld like to be brown sahib or desi..

If one is free to assimilate (or get digested) into other culture, the others are also free to critique such an approach.

Comment

If that is case then why we hate Sonia Gandhi for allegedly pandering to her Italian brethren ? or take offense when firecrackers go off in India everytime pakistan wins a cricket match against India?

Hypocrisy thy name is human.

Originally posted by jaijai View Post
      Example - we hail Bobby Jindal for his 'Indian' connection but he never does. In fact, he looks ashamed of his Indian connection.
      Last edited by sheeshu; August 1 2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by herohiralal View Post
        Isnt that just wonderful. First we curse people who leave the country to make a name for themselves in a foreign land and then when they make it big we try to find some connection between them and us

That happens with every developing culture / country. Sure Kenya is trying to milk its connection to Obama and the Ireland must have done the same when JKF was president
        Just to add, look at Kalpana Chawla or Sunita Williams... once they get acknowledgement for their hardwork supported by their home country (USA), we immediately start digging their Indian roots and start building roads, statues, etc in their names...

Remember, all these people are sons and daughters of their soil (USA) and have their country's interests first... they are patriots!

Comment

Late Kalpana Chawla and Sunita williams are different from Bobby Jindal since they retained Indian connection. There is no contradiction between their loyalty towards US and India since (i) there is no adversarial relation between India and US and (ii) It is not a mutually exclusive choice.
          One can love both India (for cultural connections) as well as US (for many things as I mentioned in my previous post). But its inferiority complex to be ashamed of your cultural roots and hence, cut-off from it like Bobby Jindal.

Sonia pandering to italian brethren (Quattrochi) was corruption. Giving example of some people in India celebrating pak's win is totally irrelevant - what's the paki connection of these people? Are they immigrants from pak like Indians in US?
          'LIVE FOR INDIA'

Comment

I am sorry, but seems like you don't get it. Patriotism does not ask you to change your religion. If you know US politics and the history of these two, you will understand that they knew that only way to win election is to become Christian and act like they really really care for Christianity, in fact they don't say it, but they behave as though their previous religion was not good enough and they have found god when they converted to Christianity(pandering to their voters, the worst kind of turncoat act in politics). Same applies to me, if I ever want to be a politician and run for election in 98% of places in US you cannot think about it without converting to Christianity.
            Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post
            Just to add, look at Kalpana Chawla or Sunita Williams... once they get acknowledgement for their hardwork supported by their home country (USA), we immediately start digging their Indian roots and start building roads, statues, etc in their names...

Remember, all these people are sons and daughters of their soil (USA) and have their country's interests first... they are patriots!

Comment

In my area some drunkards and low level earners like electrician, plumber earning like Rs. 10K/month are thousand times richer than well qualified MDS doctors and MBA/Engineers just because their father/grand-father purchased a 200 sq. yrd. plot 30 years back for Rs. 10K which is now Rs. 8-10 crores and their looser kids managed to survive and not sell it till 2010's. Now each such looser is doing "collaboration" with local builders who develop their plots (which look like they will fall in next few years because of no maintenance) and turn it into a 4 story home with parking and each such landlord looser is given 70-80 lakhs for selling one floor to the builder (because builder seels that floor, deducts his commission and the construction cost borne by the builder and gives the rest to the landlord for selling one floor to him). The landlord also keeps the rest 3 floors. It is happening everywhere in Delhi and everybody knows it. Now the electrician does not have to work. He can keep Rs. 80 lakhs in bank and can easily earn Rs. 80K/month in interest by doing nothing also also earns 20-25K rent from 2 floors while keeping one floor for living. So, total income is 80+20+20 = 120K/month which is almost equal to what I earn after studing 5 years and working like an ass everyday for 24/7 for a shit pay. If in case that electrician happen to loose that Rs. 80 Lakhs in gamble, foreign trips or other leisure activities, he still has 3 floors worth total 6 crores from which he can earn Rs. 6 Lakhs/month in bank interest after selling those, which is more income than the the official income of Prime Minister, Chief Justice of Supreme Court, Chief of the Army/Navy/Airforce Staff. And remember he still has 6 crores which he will never touch because I don't thing any one can spend Rs. 6 Lakhs/month by any possible way.
              Last edited by ankitnagpal; August 2 2013, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by techynt View Post
                I am sorry, but seems like you don't get it. Patriotism does not ask you to change your religion. If you know US politics and the history of these two, you will understand that they knew that only way to win election is to become Christian and act like they really really care for Christianity, in fact they don't say it, but they behave as though their previous religion was not good enough and they have found god when they converted to Christianity(pandering to their voters, the worst kind of turncoat act in politics). Same applies to me, if I ever want to be a politician and run for election in 98% of places in US you cannot think about it without converting to Christianity.
                i already agreed to this... i said that it was their personal choice and it is kind of a bribe they gave to make selfish gains... i am not supporting them anyway.

Besides my comments about Kalpana Chawla or Sunita Williams are not against them but against the indian mentality of trying to forge relations to NRIs / POIs when they become successful outside... at that time it is conveniently forgotten that their resident countries ignored their ethnicity and encouraged / supported their talent. Their resident countries created an environment for them to achieve what they have achieved. Their success has nothing to do with them having Indian origins. It is purely their personal hard work and social opportunities they got..

and about religion, any convert acts like this.. at least Bobby/Nikki are getting political gains but have you met any Christian convert in India? you will be amazed to see the length they can go to prove their dislike to their own past religion.

Comment

Originally posted by ankitnagpal View Post
                  In my area some drunkards and low level earners like electrician, plumber earning like Rs. 10K/month are thousand times richer than well qualified MDS doctors and MBA/Engineers just because their father/grand-father purchased a 200 sq. yrd. plot 30 years back for Rs. 10K which is now Rs. 8-10 crores and their looser kids managed to survive and not sell it till 2010's. Now each such looser is doing "collaboration" with local builders who develop their plots (which look like they will fall in next few years because of no maintenance) and turn it into a 4 story home with parking and each such landlord looser is given 70-80 lakhs for selling one floor to the builder (because builder seels that floor, deducts his commission and the construction cost borne by the builder and gives the rest to the landlord for selling one floor to him). The landlord also keeps the rest 3 floors. It is happening everywhere in Delhi and everybody knows it. Now the electrician does not have to work. He can keep Rs. 80 lakhs in bank and can easily earn Rs. 80K/month in interest by doing nothing also also earns 20-25K rent from 2 floors while keeping one floor for living. So, total income is 80+20+20 = 120K/month which is almost equal to what I earn after studing 5 years and working like an ass everyday for 24/7 for a shit pay. If in case that electrician happen to loose that Rs. 80 Lakhs in gamble, foreign trips or other leisure activities, he still has 3 floors worth total 6 crores from which he can earn Rs. 6 Lakhs/month in bank interest after selling those, which is more income than the the official income of Prime Minister, Chief Justice of Supreme Court, Chief of the Army/Navy/Airforce Staff. And remember he still has 6 crores which he will never touch because I don't thing any one can spend Rs. 6 Lakhs/month by any possible way.
                  calm down buddy... their forefathers bought the land and they managed to keep it with them for so many year. So they are reaping the profits.. yours (and mine too) didnt buy anything for us so we are not getting that easy money... you cant curse someone just because someone gets inherited money.. (I am talking about aam aadmi only.. not the people who are heirs of political folks)...

Comment

income from land holdings/sale of ancestral property

Money which comes easily goes away easily. It is a known case that many people who derived sudden wealth from expansion of Indira Gandhi Airport New Delhi became multimillionaires overnight but spent huge amounts of money on expensive cars,marriage expenses to out beat their neighbor and eventually became security guards or poverty stricken/drunkards. Sudden wealth makes some people behave in this fashion.Our Scorpio chaps in Pune also fall into same category.
                    In one of the societies where I go occasionally the gym instructor earns Rs 6000 but comes in an Duster.The source of income was sale of land and use on buying consumption goods.
                    It is education,common sense which can make sure that a windfall of this nature is invested in safe avenues to ensure future generations of family.

Comment

What is your point - people should not get inheritance ? At least the wealth is not illgotten unlike the politicians wealth .
                      A number of people who get sudden wealth cannot manage it and lose it - be it 6 crores or 100 crores . Losing is much easier than keeping wealth .
                      "It is not how much you earn but what you manage to keep that is important . " - Imagine you get 100 crores - how will you manage it ???
                      By the way you forget that in the case you've quoted the actual person who put his sweat to buy that plot 30 years ago hardly ever gets to derive benefits out of it for himself .
                      Last edited by suryawork; August 2 2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X