Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Originally posted by maheshk2k View Post
    And ask them what is % of variable pay in it.
    Ask any employee of Infosys how they are fooled with variable pay structure.
    Just check readers' comments followed by the same news. You will fathom the level of frustration in Infosys employees.
    Hi Mahesh, I don't know whether you are from IT or not but I have a confusion in mind:-

When I ask my friends working in IT, they tell me huge number of employees sitting on bench & then here comes the news that IT cos are hiring. How can any company hire when many people are already sitting on bench? Can someone clear the air please?
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by maheshk2k View Post
      And ask them what is % of variable pay in it.
      Ask any employee of Infosys how they are fooled with variable pay structure.
      Just check readers' comments followed by the same news. You will fathom the level of frustration in Infosys employees.
      You must be working/worked with Infosys, mahesh

Infosys has created such a hype in media, that everybody think that all ppls working in Infosys are earning in Crores But even reality is entirely opposite...And somebody also posted somewhere that IT ppls are getting easy money,ask him to work for infosys & then talk about easy money (after working (8Am-8PM) almost 6 days a week....

*Bytheway I have never worked with Infosys
      Cheers,
      -Ashish

Comment

Conducting walk-in every week end. But never seen anybody hired in the company. Also not seen any new face on the floor from past one year as well..

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
          Hi Mahesh, I don't know whether you are from IT or not but I have a confusion in mind:-

When I ask my friends working in IT, they tell me huge number of employees sitting on bench & then here comes the news that IT cos are hiring. How can any company hire when many people are already sitting on bench? Can someone clear the air please?
          Normally the people on bench are hired for projects in pipeline.
          Also, all IT services companies project their bench 'strength' while bidding for projects. It shows that the company can immediately allocate ppl to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post

It is proposed hiring...planned hiring..... based on pipeline of projects. if projects dont come then "GET OUT" and dont show your face again.

These hiring includesa huge number of Campus hiring which means they will actually join after 1 year.. and we all know what happened in 2008/09 a lot of companies asked the freshers to stay where they are not taking them onboard.

Man everyone is out to get the common man..I have decided I am no longer going to be a common Man.. i will turn the table and become Media/builder/Politician and R**E the common man.* :p

* The above text is in Blue is proposed change in me.. so anyone in Media please do not go anf publish an article about how common man is moving over to the other side of the table.

Comment

Originally posted by ash7979 View Post
              You must be working/worked with Infosys, mahesh

Infosys has created such a hype in media, that everybody think that all ppls working in Infosys are earning in Crores But even reality is entirely opposite...And somebody also posted somewhere that IT ppls are getting easy money,ask him to work for infosys & then talk about easy money (after working (8Am-8PM) almost 6 days a week....

*Bytheway I have never worked with Infosys
              Not sure what the truth is but their statements create hype in pune re....as all these lallus and kallus take it as verdict

Comment

Originally posted by veeemkay View Post
                It is proposed hiring...planned hiring..... based on pipeline of projects. if projects dont come then "GET OUT" and dont show your face again.
                yes..at the same time they need to prepare themselves if someone put down the papers....One thing done as cost cutting is reduce the number of employees on bench .
                Also as there were no increament in last 2 years ...companies r preparing themselves for employee rotation...All know that many people will leave aftre this appraisal...so u will see a huge recruitment across all companies..
                So recruitment donesn't mean new project..... that can be employee rotation ...

Comment

Infosys is hiring in mass is a news for media. But its half truth. Ask media to check how many people resigned in last quarter form Infosys and then you will come to know.

Real, packages for many indian IT companies are a way to fool people. there is huge component under variable clause and you get very little in hand salary .
                  Companies will hire more fresheers, 1-3 years experience people as they will get people working on less salary. See how many companies are hiring people more than 6 years of experience? and then evaluate the hiring progress for the IT companies.
                  Last edited by Dipti; February 4 2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info friends. Hence, can we say that what we see is not true in real terms? The place where I live right now used to be busy with many cabs working for IT/BPO when I landed here. However, the number of these cabs have fallen by more than 70-75%.

Btw, I hear a lot about variable pay scale in IT. How does it work generally & how much is the real take home salary on average? And what are prospects for IT employees having 6+ years exp, if all recruitments are for freshers or 1-3 yrs exp?

* In our co. the pays to management is based on profits & is mix of pay+shares. How is it in IT? No. of projects?
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

The higher you go in a company, more of your sal is variable.
                      Same thing applies to IT as well... middle tier employess have 30-40 % pay as variable.
                      Now even this variable pay has 3 different components in Infosys, so the process is pretty interesting

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X