Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Last updated: November 1 2016
12768 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Builders & Real Estate Bulls Theory Proved Wrong

Novartis to cut or transfer up to 4,000 pharma jobs to India

A significant number of jobs are expected to be moved to India, with the company saying that it plans to move existing operations in Hyderabad to a business services centre as part of its consolidation strategy.

"The new centre is expected to open in late 2015 or early 2016 and will bring together Novartis operations that are currently spread across three sites in Hyderabad as well as provide for future growth," the statement said.

Novartis to cut or transfer up to 4,000 pharma jobs to India - InterAksyon.com

Comment

Originally posted by vaibav123 View Post
      Behind the sarcasm,humour of postings by vhaldavnekar,lies real understanding of why is happening in the country.I like his posts.
      Blunt but conveys meaning.
      Are sir dont take too much tension. Just posting a few +ve posts thats it. Country is in trouble and Indian rupee is reflecting that trouble but that makes Indian IT sector that much more competitive.

Comment

Indian IT companies' recent strong positive commentary on greater demand from their top customers was underscored earlier this week by more sombre news for in-house technology staff at Bank of America Corp.

Even as the Indian companies gear up for increased business from financial clients, their biggest customers, that the demand is still being driven by a strong cost-cutting effort was reiterated by BAC's news.

The second-largest US bank, widely believed to be one of the largest clients of Bangalore-based Infosys, India's No. 2 software services provider, was reported to be cutting an undisclosed number of technology jobs, prompting some analysts to say Indian IT firms could benefit.

Bank of America staff cuts spell good news for Indian IT firms - Economic Times

Comment

Paaaaap,
          Take it easy. I had started a thread with all positive threads to uplift our mood.This post was placed in off topic forum.
          Please add some good news there.There are always positive things to be happy about.

Comment

Home prices begin to rise, signal change in real estate market mood

In Bangalore and Pune, prices have risen for the first time since the last quarter of FY 13, the latest Residex data shows. The biggest rise was in Nagpur (8 per cent over the previous quarter), followed by Guwahati (7.4 per cent) and Pune (7.3 per cent).

Home prices begin to rise, signal change in real estate market mood | The Indian Express

Comment

Which post and which thread? is this thread only for -ve posts? I see people pasting same posts across multiple threads and sometimes across cities.

Originally posted by vaibav123 View Post
              Paaaaap,
              Take it easy. I had started a thread with all positive threads to uplift our mood.This post was placed in off topic forum.
              Please add some good news there.There are always positive things to be happy about.

Comment

This article might be of help

"The tax department’s official data prepared recently also states that 1,555,220 persons purchased or sold immovable property worth Rs.30 lakh or more; 2,061,443 persons made payments of Rs.2 lakh or more in a year against their credit card bills; people who received interest income of Rs.50,000 and above from banks and people who purchased bullion or jewellery of Rs.5 lakh or more."

Over four million high spenders in India under tax scanner - Livemint

Originally posted by NG2012 View Post
                I am dying to know. But its impossible to get that statistics. Govt has stopped publishing income tax statistics so we do not know how many people this year filed taxes for more income than 20 lakhs income. Now, that number may not tell us everything, but we can still imagine the state of affairs in the world of high-salaried jobs.

Comment

Being +.ve ....

Originally posted by paaaap View Post
                  Similarly RE market has not crashed cause people have predicted wrongly that the RE bubble is going to burst and have been posting -ve posts and misguiding folks for the past 4-5 years.
                  Dear 'paaaap'

I understand that you feel many people stated about burst in last 4-5 years which never happened. I understand that there are many so-called -.ve posts. And you are just trying to create a positive mood. Appreciate it.

See, the way I see this RE market is different than many others and that is quiet normal. I am trying to figure out what is the basis of this inflation in RE. I have spent many hours on internet, talking to ppl who have done RE purchases/investments and I am still not getting the right answer.

1. Are builders installing golden-bathroom fittings, kitchen fittings?
                  2. Are they providing 'Pure Ganga Jal from Himalayas' in houses?
                  3. Are they providing central AC in the house?

I am being sarcastic here so lets not quote those points. The point is, if price is getting increased every 2-3 months (actually every 2-3 weeks), what is the reason behind this?

a. Builder is greedy
                  b. Builder and Politico and babu and bank and so on... nexus is greedy
                  c. Amenities associated with that purchase are so awesome that one can 'pledge' there future 10-20 years to bank and surrender life to builder etc

What is the main purpose behind this mad race of purchasing such items which are not even worth to stay in?

I have visited many places, many friends to see how their purchases/schemes look like. Believe me there is hardly any site I felt worth 80 L etc.

I saw a resale flat, ad was - full ventilation, 24x7 water blah blah... 3-5 yrs old.. somewhere next to Sinhgad road..

What I saw exactly:

1. Lift is very very close to hall - so no one can find peace in hall continuous sounds of ppl chitter-chatter and mechanical activity of lift.
                  2. You can actually touch small plants, wet cloths put in balcony of other flat - so very very less gap in two flats balconies
                  3. If one open bedroom window, one can show his/her bedroom activity to people going from fly-over - that close !!!
                  4. No other windows except small chimney style window to Kitchen.
                  5. In case of fire or medical emergency, no fire-fighting vehicle, no ambulances can get close to even 100 meters from apartment

Price - Just INR 80 Lakhs !!!! My brain farted !

According to NHB NHB

From 2007 to 2013 - Pune prices moved from 100 to 235 - in same time Bangalore moved from 100 to 111 !!

My very basic question remains - what makes all those people to raise prices - that too in pune where infra is crippled? Now lets nor argue on 'boss, infra is not crippled, our city is better than XYZ'. Go to NOIDA or DELHI to see better roads. Go to Bangalore to see how IT parks are planned near outer ring road. Go to Mumbai to know no-matter-what, you will reach to destination in time if you decide. I know all those cities have there own problems too. Where does Pune stand on all those counts?

A very good friend of mine (and many others along with Builders) stated - "Bhai, it has to do with demand and supply. Look at onions what happened. If demand is less, prices will go high" and at the same time, there are news from various sources that un-sold inventory is piling up !!

What is the use of being positive when there are so many -.ve things are around? Now dont tell me 'ummed pe duniya kayam hai'

And last cent from me -

I had lost job once in 2012, I had 10 years + experience in this IT with multiple patents/inventions in field of electronics systems when I came out. Layoff was mainly due to non-performing 'company' and not non-performing 'engineers'.

Once you reach this so-called-expiry-date, it is actually difficult to bounce back or even change jobs. Talk to people from product based companies who has felt these tremors. And in that period of time, one always faces truth about what actually can happen if you loose job. All other things, RE growth, Gold prices, investments from some pharma companies, IIM-B getting hikes, deloitte opening new center actually wont help at that time. I have even seen PhDs (i.e. BTech, Mtech From IIT-Madras and PhD from US University) struggling to get a job in Bangalore as companies do-not want (I repeat - many companies DO NOT WANT) such highly skilled labors in INDIA. If you still want proof, I can provide. Nobody wants old people on the sack when there is already a slowdown happening around. It may differ from industry to industry but it will eventually happen to most of them. I chose to invest in higher education rather than investing in RE. I know many will say 'who cares' but I thought to let you know the choice I made over RE. I am doing it in CASH.

Dont tell anyone that it will 'NEVER HAPPEN to YOU/ANYONE ELSE'

Pledging 10-20 years of life to banks and paying such a high cost to RE in crippled place in this face of industry, at this time of life and with this education - I call it suicide.

Eventually, it pops-down to same old line which all people use: 'if you feel comfortable in budget, amenities, self-use and locality go for it'

I feel this line is similar to what MF uses 'mutual funds are subject to market risk please read offer documents carefully before investing'

Comment

Now that the prices have started to rise please see what will happen with 20% appreciation per year in next 5 years for flat of 80 lakhs. Hope that you all are not dumb and miss out on the bus.

Old New
                    80lac 96lac
                    96lac 1.15 crore
                    1.15 crore 1.38 crore
                    1.38 crore 1.65 crore
                    1.65 crore 2.00 crore

And with so much
                    -New jobs
                    -Money allocation in the market
                    -Salary hikes
                    And last but not the least prices are now rising very quickly please book asap. Please it is a humble request to all those who want to buy flats. If you are in doubt please refer to posts by real intelligent people like paap, compu, champu and all.
                    Happy purchasing 1 2 ka 4 and 4 8 ka 16.
                    I am thinking of coming out with a geometric progression formula for Pune Real Estate I think anyone who hits the target may get a noble prize for the same.
                    "Pune - Where Gods also find difficult to reside in such an heavenly abode"

Comment

Dear vhaldavnekar,

Check these prices -

Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog: Current Property Prices & Availability in West of Pune

Happy Buying !!

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X