I am new to Pune, moved from Bangalore few months back, and amazed by the real estate market here. I have already spent significant time on this site and need to ask this specific question to you helpful guys.

I have a budget of around 80L to buy a comfortable and spacious 3BHK(~1600 sqft) or a row house. Amenities do matter to me but I have yet to see any new project with a decent set. Places like Brahma Sun City are just ridiculously priced for their home quality.

I have looked at a resale villa of BU Bhandari Chrrysalis and liked it but probably its location is not a good deal. Can you please suggest me any good projects preferably close to koregaon Park? although I am open to any location in Pune.
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Check "Puranik's Aldea espanola" Mahalunge - next to Orchid on xpressway bypass near Baner hotel Sadanand.

they will launch phase-3 on Nov 24, 2012 - u will get 3BHK for 91L

the location is just perfect and ameneties are just perfect for what u r luking.

regards
    SS
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Maverick2

Welcome to Pune !!
    I shifted from bangalore to Pune around 6 months back and share the same exact sentiments .
    1 thing I realised is that you cannot expect the quality, amenities in a apartment which you get in Bangalore.
    In Bangalore for 80 lacs you can get a fabulous 1600+ sq ft with world class amenities in a decent location by a renowned builder.
    In Pune you need to shell out 10-15 lacs more...
    Plus Pune is at least 5 yrs behind Bangalore in terms of Bangalore quality of apartments, infrastructure and transport . So dont expect and compare the same is my advise.

Coming to your question, I got a call from broker for 85 lacs 3 bhk rowhouse in Pimple Saudagar, but the layout of the community is pathetic. Its nothing but a modern day chawl...
    There are some decent apartments though within 80 lacs in resale but less amenities, but you may have to compromise on location (forget Koregaon Park, its like Koramangala of Bangalore) .. You can try Wakad, Kharadi, NIBM, Wagholi for that budget.

Sorry, I dont mean to discourage you, but I have faced the same issues and spent last 6 months hunting. (some of my frustration is coming out)
    Main thing in Pune is proximity to Mumbai and thats whats driving the prices up
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by honest
    Hi Maverick2

Welcome to Pune !!
    I shifted from bangalore to Pune around 6 months back and share the same exact sentiments .
    1 thing I realised is that you cannot expect the quality, amenities in a apartment which you get in Bangalore.
    In Bangalore for 80 lacs you can get a fabulous 1600+ sq ft with world class amenities in a decent location by a renowned builder.
    Plus Pune is at least 5 yrs behind Bangalore in terms of Bangalore quality of apartments, infrastructure and transport . So dont expect and compare the same is my advise.

Coming to your question, I got a call from broker for 85 lacs 3 bhk rowhouse in Pimple Saudagar, but the layout of the community is pathetic. Its nothing but a modern day chawl...
    There are some decent apartments though within 80 lacs in resale but less amenities, but you may have to compromise on location (forget Koregaon Park, its like Koramangala of Bangalore) .. You can try Wakad, Kharadi, NIBM, Wagholi for that budget.

Sorry, I dont mean to discourage you, but I have faced the same issues and spent last 6 months hunting. (some of my frustration is coming out)

Perfect description, I wish I had the surroundings of Bangalore atleast for the cost we pay in Pune, but even that is not there. All black money magic of MH politicians. It is basically cartel.
    CommentQuote
  • honest & James. Thanks for sharing your views comparing both cities. However just one question. Given that you find Bangaluru VFM then would it not be logical you to drop plans to buy in Pune and rather focus on Bangaluru.

I would feel it would be foolish to give up on 1600 sq ft lavish place at renowned place in Bangaluru and settle for less in Pune.
    CommentQuote
  • @compuwalah-- Everyone has their own reason. Some come for job/better oppurtunities, some come for proximity to Mumbai, some come for family reasons.

I have parents and family in MUmbai who cant shift to Bangalore and hence I decided to shift to Pune.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by honest
    Hi Maverick2

Welcome to Pune !!

That is an honest description :). I too have other obligations that force me to move to Pune, hence this frustrating search.

I have thought of buying a house in Bangalore, put it on rent and continue staying on rented apartment in Pune. This is actually better since rent-yield in Bangalore is definitely better than Pune. But I have a career other than real estate brokerage :).

I have accepted that I will not get the value and quality of Bangalore in Pune and focusing my search to get whatever is the best possible combination possible.

I am looking in Wagholi and Kharadi area and have good impression of Chrrysalis. Can someone let me know their opinion about the area and the project?
    CommentQuote
  • Close to koregaon park, only one location is affordable: B T Kawde road. Hunt there.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    Close to koregaon park, only one location is affordable: B T Kawde road. Hunt there.

Thanks, This looks interesting.

Can you please tell me about Wagholi or point me to the right thread where I can get this information?
    CommentQuote
  • Just saw an ad of Kolte Patil Builders - some project in wagholi which has 3 BHK at around 72 lakhs. Kolte patil is supposed to be a good builder. Please do check it out.

Wagholi is well connected to pune city and camp by the broad and good nagar road. So commutation will not be a problem. But water is an issue in Wagholi and it is not yet in PMC. (But, water is an issue almost everywhere in pune, still people buy). Again, I am not very convinced on the PMC issue, they neither can supply water, nor can they keep the grabage dumps clean, they do levy taxes at a far higher rate as compared to a peripheral gram panchayat.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vijaysagart
    Just saw an ad of Kolte Patil Builders - some project in wagholi which has 3 BHK at around 72 lakhs. Kolte patil is supposed to be a good builder. Please do check it out.

Wagholi is well connected to pune city and camp by the broad and good nagar road. So commutation will not be a problem. But water is an issue in Wagholi and it is not yet in PMC. (But, water is an issue almost everywhere in pune, still people buy). Again, I am not very convinced on the PMC issue, they neither can supply water, nor can they keep the grabage dumps clean, they do levy taxes at a far higher rate as compared to a peripheral gram panchayat.

Did you mean Ivy Estate? That is really interesting.

I too am of the similar opinion about PMC issue. It might be relevant for investment appreciation perspective but doesn't make any difference when it comes to actual living. I am primarily buying for my own usage and may not think of selling for next 5-10 years. By that time, it should definitely be in PMC.
    CommentQuote
  • Wagholi is costly for its location. If going for it, go only for house with land. No point going for flats in a remote location.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    honest & James. Thanks for sharing your views comparing both cities. However just one question. Given that you find Bangaluru VFM then would it not be logical you to drop plans to buy in Pune and rather focus on Bangaluru.

I would feel it would be foolish to give up on 1600 sq ft lavish place at renowned place in Bangaluru and settle for less in Pune.

What to do man, all the relatives are here and ultimately have to settle here.
    It is for end user.

I like Banglore so much that given if I had excess money I would have gone for another home there, but I am not a scorpio chap to have excess money ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PJames
    What to do man, all the relatives are here and ultimately have to settle here.
    It is for end user.

I like Banglore so much that given if I had excess money I would have gone for another home there, but I am not a scorpio chap to have excess money ;)

+1

See the quality of builders like Mantri ( Pune Mantri is a different guy who is having a project in Rahatni, I saw that), Sobha oppal in Banglore, good builders, good location as you say and still atleast 15-17 lakhs less.

And in Pune..

Pathetic infra , Cartel etc...

For what I read in this forum and some experience atleast for all the negatives in Pune, atleast one should go for re-sale where you see what you buy.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    Wagholi is costly for its location. If going for it, go only for house with land. No point going for flats in a remote location.

Do we have options other than Chrrysalis and Ozone to buy row house/villa in Wagholi? Ivy estate villas are too expensive with the starting prixe of 1.2 crore.
    CommentQuote
  • Let me suggest a project which is in opposite side of Pune than what you are looking at. 'Lilavati Greens' near Somatane/Talegaon. The 3BHK row-houses are at approx. 60L & bungalows at 80L. You may check out if you are fine with that side of the city.
    CommentQuote