Collapse

Park Xpress by Pride Group in Balewadi, Pune

Last updated: August 13 2017
230 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Park Xpress by Pride Group in Balewadi, Pune

Already took the first step, spoke to the builders people. Nothing conclusive there presently and whatever they are telling us, they are not willing to give it in writing - at least not right now.

I agree, people who have not made substantial payments have the option of getting out. Unfortunately, that I think is not an option for me, not at this point anyway. I am going to wait till their next expected bail hearing and take it from there.

If anyone else here has any other info or update, please do post. I and other like me are sure to keep looking here for guidance and new info, or even same info now found to be reliable.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the replies to the queries. Odd what things can become comforting in times of need!

Comment

P.S. I have no idea as to how to go about filing for an RTI, esp. if the bail hearings do not go well for the builder. I'll ask more about it in a day or two.m I have a FB page going now, in an effort to reach out to other buyers into this project. Would it be okay if I posted some of the info and comments I get here into that page. I shall not be quoting names - just that my info comes from another real estate group that I belong to.

I see that my posts related to CF and FB are being deleted, and I intend not to overstep my boundaries. Please bear with me if I am doing things that are not exactly allowed here, just trying to get my bearings still. I respect the rules of this group.

Please let me know about permission to use the info and suggestions from here, specifically the replies that I receive to my posts here, whether I can use them on my FB page. I hope to reach out to other people that have similar queries and issues to deal with - those in the same boat as me and yet unknown!

Comment

Hi All - Can somebody send me the link to join the group you created? I'm also Park Xpress II flat buyer.
        Thanks.
        Last edited by Malvish; August 16 2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Holding meetings with builder is fine, but make sure you have a written MOM there and then and make them sign it, else what is the point of having the discussion. They will never give you anything in writing and do not believe a word of what they say verbally, especially if the person you are meeting is not the main builder himself, which in this case is absconding.

- Make sure all your communication to them is in writing, sent by registered post. Keep a record of all your communication with builder. Never do anything verbally or over the phone, it is of no use.
          - Demand a structural audit by a reputed 3rd party firm
          - Ensure you have a copy of the legal set of the project with all the true copies of approved plans etc. It is mandatory for the builder to hand over this file to every flat purchaser.
          - Absolutely do not take handover of this project or be in a hurry for society formation until all work is completed and you have the required legal and quality approvals in place. You will regret throughout your life if you take handover without any checks.
          - Ask them to provide compensation for delayed possession

For your own benefit be acquainted with MOFA and MCS act and you will understand how you are being fooled and misguided.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepti2016 View Post
            Already took the first step, spoke to the builders people. Nothing conclusive there presently and whatever they are telling us, they are not willing to give it in writing - at least not right now.

I agree, people who have not made substantial payments have the option of getting out. Unfortunately, that I think is not an option for me, not at this point anyway. I am going to wait till their next expected bail hearing and take it from there.

If anyone else here has any other info or update, please do post. I and other like me are sure to keep looking here for guidance and new info, or even same info now found to be reliable.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the replies to the queries. Odd what things can become comforting in times of need!
            Deepti - people out here feel the pain that you and other buyers of Park Express are going through. As a naive buyer, there is not much you can at an individual level.

One option is to seek professional advice (legal help) collectively with other buyers. The intent is not to get into a conflict with builder, but to ensure that all your concerns related to quality and structural stability are satisfactorily addressed and builder legally warranties the construction. You need to ask the right questions, and ask for the right commitments from the builder.

For first hand advice, you could even approach Akhil Bharatiya Grahak Panchayat. They have helped several buyers/societies duped by unscrupulous builders in the past, and actively take up issues related to consumer interest.

If you are mentally not at peace by buying into this project, even exiting is not a bad option (maybe after possession, if you have already paid a substantial amount). The marginal appreciation that might have happened to help you offset the agreement costs that you may have incurred.

Comment

Deeply grateful for your all advice ... we will eventually figure this out, I know but knowing about even this much from you guys right now makes the ground feel less shaky. Still, considering that I am a nobody, it feels like looking up at the Mt. Everest, up close, right before scaling it, with no gear and no experience.

Comment

Hi Mr. Navin. Please make either 10 meaningful posts here (you will then earn the right to send/receive a personal message) and we can then contact you privately and help you join our group.

Alternatively, please check out the Facebook Park Xpress Phase 2 owners group and join from there.

Comment

Contractor nabbed, four still missing - Pune Mirror

Though four developers, accused in Balewadi's Park Xpress slab collapse, are still absconding, the Chatushrungi police on Tuesday managed to arrest Mahesh Sadanand Kamat (41), proprietor of Mrigank Constructions Private Limited, the firm that was the third party in the case and had taken the construction contract for the project. Kamat had taken the contract for the entire building under the name of his firm and had allegedly used substandard material for shuttering work on the 13th floor, which ultimately collapsed.

My view:
                  This is what should make buyers watchful.
                  Absconding promoters.
                  What has happened is unfortunate and they should fight legally from the word go,instead of becoming absconding etc.
                  Buyers need to keep themselves updated.

Comment

True, this report has me worried. Till now, we were told that their next bail hearing would be on the 18th and if that went well, their priority is to get the other three people in jail released. With this report now, I don't see how the Aug 18th hearing is going to go!

Comment

Who is absconding ? I thought all responsible persons are in jail.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X