Last updated: August 13 2017
230 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Park Xpress by Pride Group in Balewadi, Pune

Originally posted by pnq2012
    CHEAP MATERIAL CAUSED BALEWADI BUILDING WRECK

The Chaturshrungi police, who are investigating the death of nine people due to a slab collapse on the 13th floor of the under-construction Park Xpress in Balewadi, on Monday, revealed how appalling material caused the collapse. Cops claimed that the raw material used in the centering and shuttering work of the slab, was erected by using substandard materials. The custody of the four accused was extended till August 4 by magistrate Chaitrali Panshikar, after the fresh findings.

The cops are now focusing on how the cheap material was commissioned for the tall complex and are also cross-checking the role of Pune Municipal Commissioner (PMC) officers in connection with the illegal floor.

Dayanand Dhome, senior inspector of Chaturshungi police station, in his report claimed that the accused have deposed some information about the quality of the construction material. Cops are still on a lookout for seven other accused, who are still at large.

Cheap material caused Balewadi building wreck - Pune Mirror
    That is seriously a bad news!
    Last edited by Malvish; August 3 2016, 03:19 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

Would the buyers feel safe staying in this construction after such reports. Please get together and take immediete action to protect your hard earned money. After handing over the society, builder is going to wash his hands off every issue in the society as can be seen from his past projects where buyers are still struggling to get quality and legal issues rectified

Comment

Whose so ever have booked in PX phase 2 try to get together ! Please try to PM me your details..!

Comment

How to PM?
          Last edited by Malvish; August 3 2016, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Like all the building collapses in the past, this too will end up in a blame game between builder, RCC contractor, structural designer, architect and site supervisor while nobody will finally held "legally" responsible. In a few years, people will forget this incident and continue to line up at the builders office for pre-launch bookings.

IMO - As builder owns the project, the final responsibility should lie with the builder, and legally should be held responsible for the accident. Afterall, when the project makes windfall gains it is the builder who keeps the bonus. Builders advertise their wonderful construction quality in their glossy brochures. Why shirk off the responsibility when the real 'quality' shows up?

The builder should be held squarely responsible - The buck stops here!

I have started a new thread to consolidate the list of building collapses in Pune, the causes of each collapse, who (if at all anyone) was held responsible.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...ty-114353.html

Comment

Originally posted by lazybone007 View Post
              Would the buyers feel safe staying in this construction after such reports. Please get together and take immediete action to protect your hard earned money. After handing over the society, builder is going to wash his hands off every issue in the society as can be seen from his past projects where buyers are still struggling to get quality and legal issues rectified
              Those who eventually live in that project shall go to bed each night with death (and corpses of workers) hanging over their head. No amount of 'Vaastu pooja' is likely to help.
              Last edited by Malvish; August 3 2016, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ashishnk View Post
                I have booked the flat in Park Express, I called the pride group office but they are not sharing other purchasers information.and they will clarify the situation in a week time. Also the person who did my booking said, flooring till 6th floor is done. construction work is stopped, but will resume soon after their owner is released from custody.but they expect a month delay in possession . Also when asked about construction stay order by MNC, they said stay order is for 13th floor onwards, it will not impact the sanctioned floors. I do not trust them on this though until construction is resumed.
                Had I bought into this scheme, project completion would be the last thing on top of my mind. The top most priority for me would have been to get out of this deal, even at a loss. What good is living in a building that can collapse anytime - after all "sar salamat, to pagdi pachaas"
                Last edited by Malvish; August 3 2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Well said. If slab No. 13 was of bad quality, what is the guarantee that the other slabs laid are of good quality.Just because it was an unauthorised floor, does not mean we should ignore the quality of the overall building. Flat owners should not be worried about early possession at all, instead focus on getting a proper structural audit done by an agency which is not taking money from the builder.

Comment

Hi Vinit,If you already got right to pm please message me.
                    Last edited by Malvish; August 5 2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Other buyers into this project are most probably be checking online daily for any new information from any source. I feel, with IREF being quite a trustworthy source for info, maybe we can start a discussion here specially for that, to arrange a tentative meeting day and time (on-site) for all who can come. This may help getting people together easily and without having to share any personal information here online.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X