Oxygen Valley, B K Chavan Builders, Manjari, Pune

Last updated: November 10 2014
74 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Oxygen Valley, B K Chavan Builders, Manjari, Pune

Originally posted by realacres View Post
    KRpune, seeing the total pic, especially the quality even before poss, & fungus issue, it is better to cancel the deal & look elsewhere. It will be of some pain for now but you won't regret lifelong later. Also, selling later will be difficult than cancellation. If I had been in your place & the loss was indeed worth.
    Did same, 1.5 yr back cancelled registration in this project. Very satisfied and happy with the decision.
    Last edited by hitmady; November 5 2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thank you realacres and hitmady for the suggestion and advise. I will first try the diplomatic channel to get the possession done . There is already a person who has recently taken lead to ensure that the common amenities is being provided as per the advertised plan. Hopefully with some more push and gentle threats, the builder may bulge.
      A house is a dream, hunting for one is a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Krpune View Post
        Thank you realacres and hitmady for the suggestion and advise. I will first try the diplomatic channel to get the possession done . There is already a person who has recently taken lead to ensure that the common amenities is being provided as per the advertised plan. Hopefully with some more push and gentle threats, the builder may bulge.
        Very sorry to hear your story.
        I have been watching the developments in this project very closely since last 2 years because at that time I decided not to buy in this project. I am very happy for my decision.
        I know the builder through some friends. Some issues are going on between the partners and so all these things are bound to happen. Also they are known for crook deals in the Hadapsar area.
        As you must have paid almost 80-90 % amount by now, I do not think cancellation will solve your problem. You may have to take more loss. CHeck how much it is going to cost you for cancellation and then if you can get some other property in the vicinity at your rate. Otherwise go in the diplomatic way and try to get possesion as soon as possible. Unity of all buyers will be of prime importance here.
        Keep us updated about what happens.
        Last edited by amjamirs2; November 9 2010, 07:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

A live example of why avoiding to buy under construction is the best and the wisest decision.

Comment

Hello all,
            An update - Finally my toilet seats are installed! after 7 months of purchasing them. I am pushing for the possesion. Will be meeting the builder/office this weekend and shall update this forum.

The common man is always at the receiveing end. When it was searching for property, all the schemes were nearly out of budget, and after booking one, the headache of dealing with uncivilized folks is like living in hell.

The common ammities work is stalled, though - the excuse given is that the owners wanted some changes in proposed plan, so builder "waited" for the owners to provide alternate plans.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Krpune View Post
              The common man is always at the receiveing end. When it was searching for property, all the schemes were nearly out of budget, and after booking one, the headache of dealing with uncivilized folks is like living in hell.
              Common man suffers coz he does not protest, thinking he's common and meek-in/tolerate all nonsense.
              If you face any issue do share here.

Comment

Update:

1. I was able to get the possession: The letter given by the builder is on a Rs 100 stamp paper. One of my office colleague says that the possession letter must on the company letter head. Please advise on this.

2. The electricity meter has not been installed yet. However, I have still taken possesion. The builder assured that "eek do din mein ho jayega". However, I am not sure of this. I am following up on this matter to the builder. Do I need to fill up any other form to the MSEB? There are a few flats that have the electricity meter installed, and some don't. I have the electricity connection - a common one - but would prefer the actual meter for obvious reasons.

3. While taking possession there were some small tasks pending: The builder has completed most of them in a week. So gives me the confidence that he will not cheat on the electricty meter.

Finally! But lots of questions buzzing my head. Please advise!

Thank you all.
                Feels so great to be in one's home :-)

Comment

By now you have purchased and living in oxygen valley , i am gettting a resale in 37 lac (2BHK-950) , what is the opinion .

Comment

Originally posted by himanshuhk View Post
                    By now you have purchased and living in oxygen valley , i am gettting a resale in 37 lac (2BHK-950) , what is the opinion .
                    I have given it out for rent, and this is the feedback from my tenant.
                    Pros: 1. no shortage of water and electricity
                    2. No internal roads, ie you connect directly to pune-sholapur highway. expansion plans in progress of the highway.
                    3. plenty of shops in oxygen valley. and some new ones coming around Oxygen valley
                    4. petrol pump, vegetable market next door.
                    5. Society maintainence is on time and good

cons
                    1. builder has supplied poor electric equipments. I had to get most of the quipment changed before renting out.
                    2. check for leakage in bathroom floors, could be potential issue.
                    3. check if you are getting parking

cant think of anything right now.

Comment

Exited this property. EMI was 21k and rental yield 10k, so negative of 11k per month. Property appreciation was 80% from what I had paid. Made sense to exit - property rates were stagnating and rental yields were not going up.

I had got this flat for investment and I myself stayed as a tenant elsewhere. I had to sell oxy valley at about 15% discount to the market price because newer societies get built and people prefer to buy new ones as they promise more facilities. Oxygen Valley had also promised a lot and I had dreams of nice swimming pool etc, which resided only in the fancy brochures :-). It is not that easy to sell an older flat unless society is very well maintained (which it never can be) or in a prime area like Magarpatta city (despite the poor construction).

Overall, the builder Gaikwad was helpful in the entire sale process. So a good exit (hopefully nothing props up in future).

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X