Collapse

Megapolis Or Blueridge ?

Last updated: March 28 2014
26 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Megapolis Or Blueridge ?

Both townships are failure due to over price. There is very less bookings and many have been cancelled. Invest if u wish to take posession in next 3 yrs It was previously targated for Hinjewadi IT people but now it is out of range of common IT people, I think only builders, big businessman and politicians can buy in BR and Megapolis premium homes.

Comment

blue ridge at 2900 is good buy..i am waiting and hoping for correction in that and rohan leher..else also exploring if can buy land for ready to constrct...keep bargaining..incase u hear something..do share

Originally posted by Space View Post
      • Which one should I choose, cause I want to buy a house in one of these townships?
      • What’s the current rate at the table?

Appreciate the help!!

Comment

As builders are the only people who can afford to buy in Hinjewadi Blueridge/Megaplolis they can buy there and join some IT companies like Infosys and code. Maybe they can get chance to go onsite )
        Last edited by rameshyahoo; August 4 2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

i really didnt get what u intended to say there

Originally posted by rameshyahoo View Post
          As the only people who can afford to buy in Hinjewadi Blueridge/Megaplolis they can buy there and join some IT companies like Infosys and code. Maybe they can get chance to go onsite )

Comment

Originally posted by kazihamed View Post
            i really didnt get what u intended to say there
            You are not the only one

Comment

Problems with big townships

I don't feel comfortable with townships for residential purpose for the following reasons:
              1) Lack of empirical data on success of this model: We haven't seen townships like BR, MP, Magarpatta go through their lifecycle to know if it makes sense to buy there. Things like what would be the state of these townships few years down the road after they are functional? Will the maintenance charge more than what is being quoted because of unforeseen expenses? is developer aware all costs now? Will the developer be as much responsible once all flats are sold? Will they take flat owners for ride with respect to basic services delivered within four walls of the townships (e.g. internet, s, school fees, insurance, medical care, news paper, milk, laundry, car wash, repairs and maintenance, cooking gas, and so on), will they force flat owners to buy these from those who give them 'cut'. Will politicians be motivated to help flat owners because there is no vote bank when it comes to municipal elections. My guess is the total cost of ownership will be significantly higher because of all these. Township to me sound like cow that developer can milk forever.
              2) Long gestation period: Small projects take 2-3 years, townships of these size would take at least 10 years to be functional at acceptable levels.
              3) Walk to work may not work: unless you stick to jobs available within the township.
              4) Resale might be difficult: Because townships form a narrow part of the overall residential RE market, it might be difficult to find buyer..more so if points mentioned in (1) above go against you.
              5) Township schools can accept outsiders: Township schools are not required to limit or give preference to township residents, so you will have to compete with outsiders to the extent outsiders want send their kids to township (I won't send mine, can't speak for others)
              6) Double taxation: By virtue of living in townships, you will be paying for basic infrastructure that would otherwise be available by virtue of not being in township. For example, if I live outside township don't have to pay for roads, transformers and so on. It is covered in taxes we already pay. There is no discount/rebate in taxes when you live in a township. Staying in township to that extent is paying tax twice.

It might make more sense to invest in commercial side of the townships (e.g. shops) because once township is occupied it will create readymade market, still it will take good years to get full potential.

Comment

Originally posted by get2sharad View Post
                If you can spend around 40Lacs, dont even look towards Hinjewadi, go for Pimple saudagar or Viman nagar.

why not Baner then ?

Eat, Pray and Love

Comment

I was just joking :P. builders will never buy in the outskirts and if IT ppl dont have money the the only ppl left with money are the builders themselves so they would have to buy it. catch -22

Comment

Originally posted by vastumitra View Post
                    I don't feel comfortable with townships for residential purpose for the following reasons:
                    1) Lack of empirical data on success of this model: We haven't seen townships like BR, MP, Magarpatta go through their lifecycle to know if it makes sense to buy there. Things like what would be the state of these townships few years down the road after they are functional? Will the maintenance charge more than what is being quoted because of unforeseen expenses? is developer aware all costs now? Will the developer be as much responsible once all flats are sold? Will they take flat owners for ride with respect to basic services delivered within four walls of the townships (e.g. internet, s, school fees, insurance, medical care, news paper, milk, laundry, car wash, repairs and maintenance, cooking gas, and so on), will they force flat owners to buy these from those who give them 'cut'. Will politicians be motivated to help flat owners because there is no vote bank when it comes to municipal elections. My guess is the total cost of ownership will be significantly higher because of all these. Township to me sound like cow that developer can milk forever.
                    2) Long gestation period: Small projects take 2-3 years, townships of these size would take at least 10 years to be functional at acceptable levels.
                    3) Walk to work may not work: unless you stick to jobs available within the township.
                    4) Resale might be difficult: Because townships form a narrow part of the overall residential RE market, it might be difficult to find buyer..more so if points mentioned in (1) above go against you.
                    5) Township schools can accept outsiders: Township schools are not required to limit or give preference to township residents, so you will have to compete with outsiders to the extent outsiders want send their kids to township (I won't send mine, can't speak for others)
                    6) Double taxation: By virtue of living in townships, you will be paying for basic infrastructure that would otherwise be available by virtue of not being in township. For example, if I live outside township don't have to pay for roads, transformers and so on. It is covered in taxes we already pay. There is no discount/rebate in taxes when you live in a township. Staying in township to that extent is paying tax twice.

It might make more sense to invest in commercial side of the townships (e.g. shops) because once township is occupied it will create readymade market, still it will take good years to get full potential.
                    Nice post. Townships will be run like a company and for profit maling. Small societies actually represent democrosy model.

Comment

Originally posted by get2sharad View Post
                      Megapolis smart homes are good option if you have a budget of 30L only for 2 BHK.
                      If you can spend around 40Lacs, dont even look towards Hinjewadi, go for Pimple saudagar or Viman nagar.
                      Viman nagar is costlier than Hinjewadi. Rates are over 4000 psf. Even PS rates are over 3200.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X