Hi all,

I am new to the real estate world...I am searching for a new flat. Whenever I go to any builder, I come accross a term "30% loading". I tried searching on google but still didnt understand. Can anyone explain me what is the meaning of this term. Thanks in advance.
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Loading is where you pay for super built up area, and a fraction of it is actually allocated to you i.e the carper area.

If you are buying a 1000 sqft house with carpet of 600 sqft, loading is 400/600 = 66.6 %.
    Although the builder would tell you to calculate it as 400/1000 and he would calculate it as 40%.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sanav3
    Loading is where you pay for super built up area, and a fraction of it is actually allocated to you i.e the carper area.

If you are buying a 1000 sqft house with carpet of 600 sqft, loading is 400/600 = 66.6 %.
    Although the builder would tell you to calculate it as 400/1000 and he would calculate it as 40%.

@Sanav3,
    Very well stated - when u do builder way (top-down approach) loading is 40% but he actual way to do is bottom-up (buyer's way) which comes to 66.6%....loading is that portion of flat which u don't get to use but pay monies for ....
    CommentQuote
  • Concept of loading

Loading concepts.Some links which give info:How is the area of a flat calculated?
    Carpet area is the area which is actually mentioned in sale agreement but you have to shell out for area including the loading.
    CommentQuote
  • Also see IPC Section 420.
    CommentQuote
  • Meaning of load factor

Thanks everyone for reply. Now its bit clear to me :):)
    CommentQuote
  • Meaning of load factor = Loot factor for buyer by builders in percentage (started from 25% up to 50%) ;)
    CommentQuote