I want to buy a new house in Pune for living purpose.( Ofcourse, ROI is expected, but not the priority )

Range : Around 25L
Minimum expectation : Spacious 1BHK atleast

I am good with resale flats ( max 1-5 yrs old )as well as 2014 possession.

Please suggest good areas in Pune for the same.

A lot of projects are coming in Undri, Wagholi, Pirangut, Pisoli and other exteriors.
Are these really worth living, since its literally barren land as of now, and I don't see good improvements in these areas atleast in the next 2-3 years.
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Do not mind me asking , but how do you substantiate your claim that there will be no improvement in 2-3 years ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sshashank
    I want to buy a new house in Pune for living purpose.( Ofcourse, ROI is expected, but not the priority )

Range : Around 25L
    Minimum expectation : Spacious 1BHK atleast

I am good with resale flats ( max 1-5 yrs old )as well as 2014 possession.

Please suggest good areas in Pune for the same.

A lot of projects are coming in Undri, Wagholi, Pirangut, Pisoli and other exteriors.
    Are these really worth living, since its literally barren land as of now, and I don't see good improvements in these areas atleast in the next 2-3 years.

If the house is for self-use - advice go for atleast 1.5BHK and budget of atleast 30L - since u have no specific area in mind then i think Pirangut/Bhugaon shud be the areas to focus. U will get clean air, loadsof greenery and peace of mind too - its aby 20 min from Chandani Chwk and connectivity even now is pretty gud...

My Verdict ---> Pirangut/Bhugaon...
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks kartik.
    I meant I don't expect lot of improvements. A may-or-may-not-be situation.

Anyways, I work in Magarpatta, Hadapsar.
    Any more suggestions, anyone?

Simsagar, please let me know the reasons why you narrowed down to Pirangut/Bhugaon and not any other place?
    CommentQuote
  • sshashank one of the main reasons I put that query is many of us make claims here with no data to substantiate it . It gives false impression to many noobsters like me who read the thread for first time , though nothing personal here. But my sincere suggestion to you would be to do a little bit of field work , I agree its time consuming and stressful . Catch hold of a broker or shortlist ad's on internet , visit these flats & survey the area you would get a generic idea about it.
    My take for this budget would be the following area's
    1.) Wadgaon Sheri.
    2.) Hadapsar.

I visited wadgaon sheri yesterday & there are a few nice single built apartments where there are spacious 1BHK's . These area's are not very premium styled but are pretty well developed to provide basic needs . Though the kind of locality & surroundings are doubtful.

Cheers,
    Pai

P.S simsagar has already mentioned the reasons for chosing pirangut in his post :)
    CommentQuote
    Thanks kartik.

Simsagar, please let me know the reasons why you narrowed down to Pirangut/Bhugaon and not any other place?

Try Undri..lot of development happening there...you should get 1 bhk in 30 lacs.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot guys..
    Comments appreciated..

Just 1 question, can't I go for a resale flat somewhere in a more developed area?

Reason, why I am asking this is that, I see a lot of ads online ( 99acres and indiaproperty ) regarding 1BHK in my budget.

But, there are so many of them, that I am unable to shortlist. Reason being, I am relatively new in Pune ( 1.5 yrs to be precise )

Following are the areas where a lot of flats are available in my budget :

1. Hadapsar ( Sasane nagar, handewadi road, manjri, keshav nagar, fatima nagar(but very old ones), Wanowarie )
    2. Very few on NIBM ( very small and old )
    3. Lot of options on Vishrantwadi, Airport Road, Dhanori, Tingre Nagar.
    4. Rahatni and Pimpri Chinchwad areas ( doesnt include PSaud obviously )
    5. Few near Khadki bazar/stn
    6. Other relatively newer areas - Undri, Pisoli, Pirangut, Hinjewadi, etc etc.

Please help me among these areas.

I would not prefer to explore areas more than 20kms from office.

PS : I have heard a lot of good things about Vishrantwadi/tingre nagar. Your comments appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • Also lot of options in Wadgaon sheri.. But again, I am not really sure about the area. And 1 or 2 visits will not give me a complete picture, I suppose.
    CommentQuote
  • sshashank

Give a visit or two and then if there is anything specific about any area you could approach folks out here for their opinions. BTW just an observation most of the resale 1BHKs I saw below 30l mark wanted a substantial cash component ( Black amount ) . This is one of the major set backs in re sale deals if you are dependent on bank loan for a larger chunk. Not every one demands black , but in my case 30-40% of re sales I saw demanded black component.

If you do not mind paying brokerage , I would advise you to get to know a good broker from a particular area & let him show you some flats. This will give you a good idea on whats on the table for the offer.

Cheers,
    Pai
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks kartik.

Does the amount shown on 99acres includes this black amount?

And, by "black amount", did you mean resale flats priced exhorbitantly?
    CommentQuote
    Thanks kartik.

The reason i sugested Pirangut/Bhugaon is that i liked the location very much - calm & quite, lots of greenery and potential to become a very nice residential location in few yeras.

This place is like no other place in & around Pune - since currently, ppl find it out of reach or far from city center- once ppl start moving -in - this place will be ideal residential spot in Pune.

U invest in Pirangut/Bhugaon and u will never regret - area is gud and also appreciation will be gud in few yrs - mark my words!!

Now that u mentioned u work in Hadapsar then the areas under consideration change completely - u need to luk at Lake District - reputed builder, large complex and amenties - for end-use it will be ideal also - i think u shud for 2BHK in Lake District. Don't waste time and effort in re-sale, single building etc - go for reputed builder, new (under) construction and in complex with some amenties. Also chek Kolte Patil IVY Estate Wagholi also.

My verdict ---> Lake District or Ivy Estate or Amanora Park

Disclaimer - i have no direct or indirect benefits from the projects mentioned above.
    CommentQuote
  • completely agree with simsagar
    CommentQuote
  • Ivy estate

I had visited the site for seeing a one bhk resale in Umang.I was not happy with standard of construction.I could notice cracks (may be only superficial),narrow corridors. and area was not clean.
    Wagholi offers you flats within your budget.But it must be remembered that the area is outside PMC and water supply is mostly bore well and ubiquitous tanker supply. Demand to include wagholi in PMC has gained ground. Projects like World Bank scheme for water supply are said to be in progress.When they will materialize with result on ground is unknown.Location wise and budget wise with your job in Magapatta it is suitable.
    Tingre Nagar will also give you options for one BHK resales.Tingre nagar is well located and well developed.Water problem exists in some parts of Tingre nagar in summer but not too alarmingly.
    Again all this is my personal opinion and you have to choose.Input is only for your information and to help in decision making by taking into account legal papers,convenience and personal choices.
    CommentQuote
  • ArcVista, Vishrantwadi

Thanks everyone!

I'll be going to check ArcVista, Vishrantwadi tomorrow. Any idea about this area and the quality of construction and the builders?

Any views appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • The area & approch road to Arc vista is depressing :(
    CommentQuote
  • If you are working in magarpatta, the areas you should be looking are sasane nagar, hadapsar, manjri and kharadi.

In all except Kharadi, you should be able to get a decent 1.5 bhk in and around your budget.
    CommentQuote