I had read about a group of some 100 Infosys people came together and had invited builders to start a project for them on mutually agreeable terms.
http://bit.ly/2IFnHf

While reading that, I came to know about this group ITPWAP which says it has started a project in sus gaon and they are in land registration stage..

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/ITPWAP/

Anybody knows anything about the fate of these two initiatives ?
Read more
395 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    When it comes to intentions, not everyone has feelings that they are clean.
    However its good from your side to clarify. Ashish (ash7979) knows at what level it can go to criticize Nitin Degaonkar. For new members to know, ash7979 was threatened on by Nitin for raising his doubts on this forum.

I didnt want to write on NitinD again , but I must say that criticism to NitinD can cost you a threatening call...So PCPune Beware:(

And I think 20% of 2400 is around 500 Rs (480 to be precise), I dont know land rate in that area, but I think when you are buying land in Acers,the it should cost in around this rate ONLY (i.e. around 500 Rs/sq ft)...So, this itself show how much VFM members are getting in name of "Self Housing project"...

PS: Nitin, do you still have my number with you or you lost it:bab (34):, I hope I can again get such call, after posting above post:bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    Well, I cannot comment on rate, because have experienced how tough it is to negotiate with builders.
    But, great effort keeping such a large group together, may you enjoy your new homes with your families.

Please accept any criticism from our side as directed towards the project / process, and not towards any person or his/her intentions. So take it positively (as much as you can)

Dear Abeer,

I must thank you and others for some really good queries and some criticism as well. As I stated earlier, the adversaries are fine as it brings refinement.

There were personal comments earlier and I was sensitive to that. I am aware that there are few folks here who will not leave single opportunity to make personal comments however I no longer get punned by it. Else I would not have put my posts in thread once again. Idea is to share our story and take away good points to bring more refinement. I shall make sincere efforts to answer queries if any and filter out these personal comments at least for my self.

I must admit that the group activity has also brought a certain amount of refinement in me as a person. We learn every day and grow as a person.

Regards,
    Nitin
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979
    I didnt want to write on NitinD again , but I must say that criticism to NitinD can cost you a threatening call...So PCPune Beware:(

And I think 20% of 2400 is around 500 Rs (480 to be precise), I dont know land rate in that area, but I think when you are buying land in Acers,the it should cost in around this rate ONLY (i.e. around 500 Rs/sq ft)...So, this itself show how much VFM members are getting in name of "Self Housing project"...

PS: Nitin, do you still have my number with you or you lost it:bab (34):, I hope I can again get such call, after posting above post:bab (45):

Well, I personally have nothing against NitinD or the core members of this group. However, my job is to let the members of the scheme know what is fair and what can be the issues, and even if they are doing what they are doing after knowing all the facts/problems, why should I care ?

I mean, I dont stop or threaten a builder selling a flat to a buyer who wants to purchase it at any cost.So, it is our duty to inform and educate them, but even if they still want to go ahead - Best of Luck to ALL!!!!!!!

However, I would always stand against anything which is "FALSELY" been conveyed to the buyers/members - whether its a builder/PMC/Nitin or anybody.

I think since we are not talking to the members or BUYERS here, talking or writing wrong words abput Nitin or his core members has no use.

In summary - we need to talk to few members who are the "end buyers" in the scheme, and understand facts from them....
    CommentQuote
  • There will be a lot of people who read this thread and decide about Insignia. So our discussions here must be very useful to them.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, but we need to be talking to the "buyers" about the scheme and details rather than the owners/builders of the scheme...Do you believe what they say here?

Its like a builder trying launch a new scheme again,and only the buyers after an inspection can tell whether what he is claiming is true or false. But since he is not ready to provide any details of the agreement of scheme, what is the POINT OF DISCUSSION?
    CommentQuote
  • Nego..

Hi Nitin,

Nice to see you back. Btw, what would the discount had been if you would have bought 100 units at Palash??
    Originally Posted by saggii
    Today I can get the rate of 3000 -3200, even Vascon's MD was ready for 3500; and all this I'm talking about individual capacity. 100*40 Lk= 40 Cr. when you go out for a discussion with this much amount, you carry the dagger not the builder.

+1. And man, if you nego with builder who has about 200 flats in his project, the builder will himself come to your house, office, garage, parking etc. to get the things discussed. Man, when you are buying 50% of the project, you don't have dagger but AK-47:bab (34):.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by simantadatta
    ok...thanks for the info.
    Do you know any project in Baner/Pashan/Balewadi area where 2 BHK flat is available, possession is within 2-6 months(max) and package is within 30-34 lacs? Resale( not miore than 1.5 yr old) will also work..
    Actually I am looking for such kind of a project, but at the end all these criterias are not matching.

You must be kidding. Baner, Balewadi, Pashan for 34lacs for a 2 BHK not possible. Even Wakad is higher than that.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hi Nitin,

Nice to see you back. Btw, what would the discount had been if you would have bought 100 units at Palash??

+1. And man, if you nego with builder who has about 200 flats in his project, the builder will himself come to your house, office, garage, parking etc. to get the things discussed. Man, when you are buying 50% of the project, you don't have dagger but AK-47:bab (34):.

Thank RA for warm welcome. You really standout among the old members of this forum with your knowedge, concerns and last but not the least an excellent sense of humour.

Your question about Palash is hypothetical still need to answer so that I am not misunderstood. Without prejudice I want to state that any projects that are with JV on revenue sharing of developer with land owner have little scope to get a good price for group.

I am not competant to comment about builder coming to garage / parking or someone having dagger/AK47. Each one is entitled to his/her own viewpoint.
    CommentQuote
  • Just my wild guess that This is how that DLF Goa deal came in.
    BTW Nitin, since you are back to this forum, I would like to ask you how come DLF Goa deal came in the group which is supposed to be 'Self housing group' ?

Originally Posted by nitind
    ...In other words I travel to Delhi for work for 12 days each trip twice a month.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    Just my wild guess that This is how that DLF Goa deal came in.
    BTW Nitin, since you are back to this forum, I would like to ask you how come DLF Goa deal came in the group which is supposed to be 'Self housing group' ?

Aditi,

I am registered in Magic Bricks with Delhi cell no. since over past 18 months. With that reference DLF mailer was received by me for their Goa holiday home project - I do get their mailers for other projects as well. As we had members over 1000 in our group and many from outside India, I thought our members may have interest in a holiday home in GOA!. Hence I called DLF office. I asked them if we take 50 houses can they give us discount. They had an ongoing offer of 10% discount for first 100 houses and then 10% more for advance part payment. (what part - I dont remember now as it is quite old thing). I wanted them to offer this 20% discount without first 100 unit condition or payment beyond booking amount if we take min. 50. They said we can look at that. Therefore I posted their mailer as it is in group for members knowledge. There were few folks keen but not more than 10. WE DID NOT PURSUE IT THEN HOWEVER on the other hand the DLF lady kept calling even when I was on overseas travel - and it became a nuisance. Somehow I managed to get rid of them!

Then out of nowhere I saw my post of DLF of email to our yahoo group in this forum. I had explained same way in this thread then as well. I was wondering why one has to see things only in a particular way.

Tranquility - I remember you had written to me one email immediately after starting this thread if our group is looking to do project like near Hinjewadi in other parts of city as well. Later few members- I should not be quoting names here - also asked if we are looking to do a project in other areas. It was not possible to do and still we wanted to leverage on group strength hence we asked few builders with whom we had interacted in response to our ad in TIMES PROPERTIES. None was coming closer to our basic aspiration of 2 BHK 1000 SFT for 25 lacs and Tranquility offer not only came closer to it but lower than it. Hence we had shown interest. When we put that offer on group you had commented about.

I thought you may have query on that now again hence making efforts to tell about that as well - in advance!
    CommentQuote
  • Some Qs

Hi Nitin,

Has the plot purchase completed? Could you share the precise location of the plot, it's area, the total no. of buildings planned, configurations etc.? It would be also interesting to know the no. of total flats in this project & approx price the builder wishes to launch this project.

Btw, the floor plan is being made with accordance of the members or is it between builder, VJE & his architect only, just as any other project of VJE? This would be helpful here.

* If you don't mind, can you share with us the price of plot/sq ft?
    CommentQuote
  • The only way you can maintain the transperancy in a group housing project, is to have:
    publicly available draft agreements (similar to open source).
    In this way, a person entering the project has two advantages:
    1. He himself can read the agreements to see that no one has special (hidden) benefits (at least on paper). Black money kickbacks is another thing which no one can trace
    2. Lots of interested people can review the agreements and the newcomer can read such reviews and get confidence.

Open source works in a similar way by exposing the source code to all, under a copyright licence. This way it becomes better, more popular and more trustworthy.

People are mistakenly thinking that the main advantage in group housing is better rate. Rate is something no one has control over.
    The main advantage in group housing is BETTER LEGAL AGREEMENTS.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Hi Nitin,

Has the plot purchase completed? Could you share the precise location of the plot, it's area, the total no. of buildings planned, configurations etc.? It would be also interesting to know the no. of total flats in this project & approx price the builder wishes to launch this project.

Btw, the floor plan is being made with accordance of the members or is it between builder, VJE & his architect only, just as any other project of VJE? This would be helpful here.

* If you don't mind, can you share with us the price of plot/sq ft?

Hello RA,

I would have liked to answer these questions here however not able to do so. I would suggest to have updates on the project in our yahoo group. However I shall certainly make best efforts to share specific milestones.

Kindly appreciate this is commercial transaction with the developers and can not be shared in this forum.

Regards,
    Nitin
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    The only way you can maintain the transperancy in a group housing project, is to have:
    publicly available draft agreements (similar to open source).
    In this way, a person entering the project has two advantages:
    1. He himself can read the agreements to see that no one has special (hidden) benefits (at least on paper). Black money kickbacks is another thing which no one can trace
    2. Lots of interested people can review the agreements and the newcomer can read such reviews and get confidence.

Open source works in a similar way by exposing the source code to all, under a copyright licence. This way it becomes better, more popular and more trustworthy.

People are mistakenly thinking that the main advantage in group housing is better rate. Rate is something no one has control over.
    The main advantage in group housing is BETTER LEGAL AGREEMENTS.

No one has control over assumptions and presumptions.

As far as our group is concerned, members have access to the documents and agreeements. No one has made payments / signed documents without having the draft of documents discussed among members and with our lawyer and effecting suggested changes with mutual consent from developer.

I would not agree with your comment that people are mistakenly thinking about advantage of better price. We believe we have a better - lower - price than market and we have other advantages as well. I wouldn't like to make any further propaganda of these things here and merely want to register my disagreement with your opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • What is the rate (psf) of Aarohi now? Does anybody know ? I think that scheam is better.
    CommentQuote